Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays (14830 Views)

Workers' Day Celebration: FG Declares Wednesday, May 1st As Public Holiday / Eid-el-fitri: FG Declares April 21st, 24th As Public Holidays / FG Declares Public Holidays To Celebrate 2018 Eid-El-Kabir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by fergie001: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2023
The Federal Government has declared Friday, April 7, and Monday, April 10, as Public holidays to mark this year’s Easter celebration.

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, announced this in Abuja on Wednesday, April 5.

In a statement signed by the Ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Shuaib Belgore, on Wednesday, April 5, Aregbesola urged Christians to emulate the qualities of selflessness, camaraderie, forgiveness, kindness, love, peace and patience that Jesus Christ demonstrated through His earthly ministry.

The minister urged Christians and other Nigerians to use this year’s Easter season to pray for an end to the country’s security challenges.

“Security is everybody’s business. I, therefore, urge Nigerians and foreigners resident in our country to display a high sense of citizenship and public spiritedness by supporting the efforts of all security agencies in bringing peace and security of lives and property of the citizenry,” Aregbesola said.

The minister assured that the Federal Government was taking all necessary steps to guarantee a peaceful transfer of power following the conclusion of the election process.

While wishing Christians a peaceful Easter celebration, he also urged them to love their neighbours by performing acts of kindness and showing charity, with the wealthy sharing their possessions with the less fortunate nearby.

Aregbesola reassured Nigerians that the country was on the route to greatness and urged everyone to use their creative energies constructively to fully realise the impending prosperity.

SOURCE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by BrotherShade: 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2023
😎

There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter. Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed. Easter is the only time of year when it is safe to put all your eggs in one basket.

If Easter says anything to us today, it says this: You can put truth in a grave but it won't stay there 😎

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Kriss216: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
The only job of Rauf Aregbesola, as interior minister is just to announce public holidays for FG.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
Na every day we Kuku dey work before

Abeg I get good data deals. Just check my signature please...

4 Likes

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by BOLATINUBU01: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
Kriss216:
The only job of Rauf Aregbesola, as interior minister is just to announce public holidays for FG.
what's your job

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by meum: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ministry of Interior Public holidays 😂

Who didn’t know that 7th & 10th would be public holidays? If they didn’t declare those days we would have still observed it😂

20 Likes

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by greatiyk4u(m): 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
Holy week

2 Likes

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
Somebody please quote me to buy me any food

Belle don tight like experiencing ulcer for the first time. I can hold for much long

My kind hearted brothers and sisters please reason me
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by LibertyRep: 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
Time for some people to unwind.
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by ugodson(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
Let God Almighty help us in this country. Will insecurity in Nigeria allow us have a holiday

2 Likes

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by theophorus(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
Uncle Aregbe AKA Baba Afusa may only be remembered for Holiday declarations.

Alas, 8yrs don complete and Power is about to shift to another person.

Me Sha know say He go soon reach my turn.
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by GreaterFuture(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ok. Now now now, Easter?

1 Like

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Patrioticman007(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
The Resurrection was not on Easter Sunday! Easter is not a Christian name, but the title of the idolatrous "queen of heaven." Here's an explanation of the true origin and meaning of Lent, Easter eggs, and sunrise services! Easter is Dark ages Bunny worship, don't wait for your Pastorprenuer to tell you the truth, for they won't, kindly research about it, for your personal salvation.
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by GOTVee: 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2023
sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Chetas81(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2023
The citizens of Nigeria commited to religion but the same citizens called suspect
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Ifemidey(f): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2023
Some of us that cannot afford to eat

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Ijobagoodrate: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2023
Wow
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2023
Patrioticman007:
The Resurrection was not on Easter Sunday! Easter is not a Christian name, but the title of the idolatrous "queen of heaven." Here's an explanation of the true origin and meaning of Lent, Easter eggs, and sunrise services! Easter is Dark ages Bunny worship.

My friend go and sit down somewhere.

7 Likes

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Menclothing: 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
It’s a good Easter break
Enjoy ur holiday by buying watches and clothing from us pay on delivery
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by sotall(m): 2:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
cool
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Expertnaire15(m): 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
Good
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by BAZ001: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
Public holiday without money n food.
Politicians won’t share food and money now
Make we dey wait for wetin go happen before May 29th

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Nwadu: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
Another family time.... Yeeeepppiii
Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Afonja007: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
Is all over the world he don't need to tell us the world know already about easter ,I mean the world that matters know already, unless countries like Afghanistan ,Pakistan,Sudan,Yemen,somalia, nigeria ,mali ,niger republic, chad ,these countries don't matter

1 Like

Re: Easter Celebration: FG Declares April 7th, 10th As Public Holidays by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
Peter Obi is coming

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aondona Hyacinth: Police Foil Assassination Plot On Benue Speaker / Obaseki Appoints Ogie As SSG And Taiwo Akerele As Chief Of Staff / 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.