Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,400 members, 7,830,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? (520 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars / How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by Stephaniegold(f): 5:32am On Apr 06, 2023
Good day fellows. I don't just know why I feel so much afraid of putting much money into all these online banking account....
I am sooo afraid of if they should fold off today, who will I hold responsible of my cash. Will I hold Nigeria apex bank responsible.
I think the CBN should make a national comments and tell Nigerians if we are good or at our own risk if we do business with them.
And pls can anybody who has a clear vast experience in the banking sector advise us on this platform maybe we are safe.
Thank you all... and God bless
Re: How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by fineboynl(m): 5:40am On Apr 06, 2023
How much do you have that online bank will run with?
Re: How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by Foodqueen(f): 5:45am On Apr 06, 2023
My fears too.

I downloaded one but never used it all this while.

Yesterday for the first time, a customer was finding it difficult to transfer to my uba so i opt for my opay acct.

Before i say jack, money don enter.

To move the money to my uba acct now, wahala start. Keep telling me failed due to verification bla, bla....

I tried nin, my bank acct, my phone no,,,, all no go.

At last i had to send the money to someone who has opay acct, and i was debited immediately.

Dont understand why i av that verification problem, but am never gonna use that again.
Re: How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by VenExchangee: 6:09am On Apr 06, 2023
Foodqueen:
My fears too.

I downloaded one but never used it all this while.

Yesterday for the first time, a customer was finding it difficult to transfer to my uba so i opt for my opay acct.

Before i say jack, money don enter.

To move the money to my uba acct now, wahala start. Keep telling me failed due to verification bla, bla....

I tried nin, my bank acct, my phone no,,,, all no go.

At last i had to send the money to someone who has opay acct, and i was debited immediately.

Dont understand why i av that verification problem, but am never gonna use that again.
Oga verify your email and house address to start enjoying it

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by ecolime(m): 7:13am On Apr 06, 2023
FINTECHS are here to stay. It's about time we start getting used to them.

To play safe, you can just make sure you don't have more than N500k in their accounts/wallets. Most of them are insured by NDIC and that is the insured amount.

I've been using Carbon, OPay, Payday & Fairmoney for a while now but keep my savings with different commercial Banks. So, you can spread yours as well and avoid/minimize 'concentration risk'.

Personally, I ensure my total balance with each FINTECH doesn't exceed N200k. Na where my risk appetite reach be that oo

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by Stephaniegold(f): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2023
ecolime:
FINTECHS are here to stay. It's about time we start getting used to them.

To play safe, you can just make sure you don't have more than N500k in their accounts/wallets. Most of them are insured by NDIC and that is the insured amount.

I've been using Carbon, OPay, Payday & Fairmoney for a while now but keep my savings with different commercial Banks. So, you can spread yours as well and avoid/minimize 'concentration risk'.

Personally, I ensure my total balance with each FINTECH doesn't exceed N200k. Na where my risk appetite reach be that oo
Imagine my bank deducting 4k from my account just for sms charges for a month
Re: How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by ecolime(m): 7:20am On Apr 07, 2023
Stephaniegold:

4k a month is on the high side shocked. For commercial banks, you can always deactivate sms alert (has its risks though) and strictly adopt mobile/online banking. You use their APP to confirm customers deposits/payments.
Re: How Safe Are Nigerians In The Hands Of Online Banking ? by Socialcow: 11:22pm On Mar 02
Stephaniegold:

If you are using a smart phone, why not ask your bank to send you notifications through mail? It's my preferred option for more than 2years now

(1) (Reply)

I Build All Types Of Business Websites/blog. Get In Touch. / YouTube page we are currently growing - 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours / How To Get Loans On Loan Apps Without BVN In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.