Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,849 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America (52013 Views)

Reasons I Can't Send Money Home From Abroad / Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by ukaface(f): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:
With the recent news that dollars is going to be deemphasized and might probably lose values, I'm beginning to think twice about my relocation move. My uncle that recently came back from the US gave me $5000 to do business and I initially thought about using this money to move abroad.

I'm not like an average Nigerian who get carried away with "there are good road and 99hr power supply abroad". When I travel, I'm going there to go and make money not to count ceiling and take hot picture for the Instagram and to pepper people at home.

If dollars get decentralized and $1 = about #250, thouh this development will not go well with people abroad since they'll have fear that the little they send home will no longer be able to surprise anyone, and their usual conversion strategy will no longer work. But on the other hand, this move will help people in Nigeria as there won't be that much of a difference between someone earning #500,000 in Nigeria and the one earning $3000 abroad
So when is the dollar going to be de-emphasised

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by lagabush(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2023
irumole1975:
Lol. Pls dollars should not come down o. Imagine getting #250k instead of #800k when we send $1000 home to buy cement to build our houses

You lack knowledge. Have forgotten that when 1$ to 250# automatically cement price too will drastically

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Mikeiron78(m): 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2023
What kind of prediction is this based on what dataKeep dreaming,lol

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by amigo1088: 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2023
obedience4:

Just a handful of countries will now make the most acceptable currency to drop?
Will china not also trade with it biggest trading partner the USA with dollars? The trade between the USA and china is over half a trillion dollars, over 16.5% of China total forgien exchange.
Will china not trade with the EU dollars.
Will Saudi Arabia not sell oil to the EU with dollars??
Will India not trade with its biggest trading partner the USA with dollars? A trade that is worth 35% of India total forgien exchange.

Whether you like it or not, it's happening.
Slowly but surely.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by hssd8nland: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:
With the recent news that dollars is going to be deemphasized and might probably lose values, I'm beginning to think twice about my relocation move. My uncle that recently came back from the US gave me $5000 to do business and I initially thought about using this money to move abroad.

I'm not like an average Nigerian who get carried away with "there are good road and 99hr power supply abroad". When I travel, I'm going there to go and make money not to count ceiling and take hot picture for the Instagram and to pepper people at home.

If dollars get decentralized and $1 = about #250, thouh this development will not go well with people abroad since they'll have fear that the little they send home will no longer be able to surprise anyone, and their usual conversion strategy will no longer work. But on the other hand, this move will help people in Nigeria as there won't be that much of a difference between someone earning #500,000 in Nigeria and the one earning $3000 abroad
My advice don't get carried away by what is being said, create realistic and achievable goals . If not opportunities will keep passing you by. I made that mistake my self, now it's taking double the effort. Is your goal just to save as much money as possible or you want a clear career path or you even want both, these should be your determining factors

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Seankhalifa: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2023
Me na chinko currency i go dey hold
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by peoplewww: 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
Woodaz:
We don't think we will ever re-love america

There is NO American dream my friend. It's a hoax.
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by amigo1088: 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Use your country first as an example. You wey dey buy naira with naira.

I've never bought naira with naira. and none of my immediate family did.

Whether you like or not dollar is loosing it's place as the world reserve currency. Slowly but surely.

mozafokas just be printing money anyhow and making other countries take hit due to their inflation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Asour: 6:30pm On Apr 06, 2023
tamdun:
Did u guys notice that the richest man in ur Street/lga/state all made their money in NIG? U will never see any londoner or Americana among them,nig isn't that bad if u look at it from diff angle

Stop making decisions based on extreme values.
E.g. Richest, Tallest, Fattest, smartest. in a population.

Those are outliers.

Instead, the question you should ask is : Between the average Legal US migrant from Nigeria & The average Nigerian back home who is economically well off?

The vast majority of people would not be (nor do they want to be) the 'Richest' so it doesn't make sense to use that as a deciding mark.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Flawless18: 6:30pm On Apr 06, 2023
tamdun:
Did u guys notice that the richest man in ur Street/lga/state all made their money in NIG? U will never see any londoner or Americana among them,nig isn't that bad if u look at it from diff angle
yes Nigeria is the best place to stay/live as a criminal that want to build illegal wealth.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

If dollars get decentralized and $1 = about #250, thouh this development will not go well with people abroad since they'll have fear that the little they send home will no longer be able to surprise anyone, and their usual conversion strategy will no longer work.

you say you are not like an average Nigerian who gets carried away by BS, yet you use BS to make your point. do you really believe that people who send money back home for clout and "surprise" care whether the dollar trades at 250 or 500?...here is a simple clue: if an iphone cost $1000 in the US (aka 500K) and now the dollar loses value, do you think that people in Nigeria will cry if now the dollar is down and they only need to spend 250k now to buy an Iphone?!

But on the other hand, this move will help people in Nigeria as there won't be that much of a difference between someone earning #500,000 750,000 in Nigeria and the one earning $3000 abroad

FIXED
BTW there will always be a difference with the above, as someone earning 750K monthly in Nigeria is considered rich, while someone earning $3K in the US isnt. you simply cant compare the two.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by grandstar(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe

You are listening to all these de-dollarization talk! I feel sorry for you

De-dollarization has more to do with sentiments than with actual practicality. Even Saudi that is in this club has the Saudi Riyal pegged to the Dollar.

How much damage will this policy do to the American dollar? Even if the hit initially (a big if), the dollar will later rebound. I give it 4 years tops.

The world hasn't held on to the dollar for the sake of it. It has proven to be a necessary evil.

Russia and its anti-dollar allies who want to switch to gold are skating on thin ice. The top economies left the gold standard because it was too restrictive. In our day when governments have a greater control over inflation(let's omit the recent inflation spiral caused by the lockdown spending), the need to depend on gold makes no sense.

The purpose of gold was for currencies to be backed by solid assets. We live in world where a 27 year old becomes an overnight billionaire just by inventing an online app. The world has gone digital and abstract and its beyond that physical asset backed days.

Nowadays, for your currency to be held high, the market looks at key fundamentals such as your inflation rate, budget balance, cost of debt servicing relative to GDP, level of foreign investment etc. That's why the Swiss Franc is rewarded and the Brazilian Real is punished.

China's economy is swimming in massive debts, federal, state, municipal debt, both recorded and those hidden. Many of the fancy highways and railways being built in China are financed with debt from state owned banks. The railways owe $800bn. The only reason why the debt hasn't wrecked the Chinese economy is that the state-owned-backs don't call in these loans.

Also, the Chinese Yuan is not fully convertible. China has foreign exchange controls. In a video I watched online, the economist said that the Yuan is both strong and weak at the same time due to its forex controls.

The American economy has far better fundamentals than these whiners. The only thing that unites them is their dislike for the United States and not common sense.

Why hasn't the dollar fallen dramatically upon all these moves? It should have done so by now if the threat was as big.

Your $1-250 is very unrealistic. I doubt it will get worse than $1-700

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by obedience4(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2023
amigo1088:

Whether you like it or not, it's happening.
Slowly but surely.

Funny, yet after the USA, china has the largest dollar reserve In the world,

The dollar is untouchable,
Until I see world economic powers likes Germany the 3rd largest economy, Japan the fourth largest economy, the UK, Canada, Italy South Korea stop trading with dollars then o will know the end has come, till then it all a dream bro

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by babzo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2023
I don't understand this your explanation o.
People have been going to America even when dollar was 80 kobo and rushing there even in 1999 when dollar was N80 and things were much cheaper in Nigeria.

Do you know how many Nigerians did VIsa Lottery in 1999?

4 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by kareemkamil(m): 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2023
irumole1975:
Lol. Pls dollars should not come down o. Imagine getting #250k instead of #800k when we send $1000 home to buy cement to build our houses

Ur father

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by amigo1088: 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
obedience4:

Funny, yet after the USA, china has the largest dollar reserve In the world,

The dollar is untouchable,
Until I see world economic powers likes Germany the 3rd largest economy, Japan the fourth largest economy, the UK, Canada, Italy South Korea stop trading with dollars then o will know the end has come, till then it all a dream bro

We shall see

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by plat0: 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
Clown
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by abidem4real: 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

You had better relocate abroad my brother now that you have the chance. Expecting dollar to fall as low as that in the administration of our dear G-guy is expecting to find a true love among Nigerian girls. It's all an illusion!

Make hay while the sun shines my brother ✍️✍️✍🏾✍️✍️

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Enskynelson(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

All these things you have based your decision on, when will they happen? When will 1 USD = 250? Nigeria is full of uncertainties and such as you are imagining may not even happen soon. Even though it happens, it could be changed just like the new naira notes issues. We are so unstable to base your plans on these.
I need loan to move. I will pay back with interest. Anyone??

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Isabi4lov: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
You better japa , if you see opportunity to japa undecided

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Oboto700(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
Dumbo
Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by jesmond3945: 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
tamdun:
you mean the one that stole or doing drugs?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by donforeign: 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
tamdun:
Nigeria is not bad when you dn make am, you can break rules. Most people who made it like you said ,90% did dubious things. Give Nigerians job, level playing field and no one will travel.. people are traveling because of jobs bro, health care and security, nothing like that dey here for 9ja, even the little job is shared among themselves. I will encourage anybody to travel overseas and work if they have d means. My father for example went to south Korea years ago, na them start to use lottery back then to travel. He worked in Korea then later moved to Japan. After sometime my dad came back and set up business and since then, he was good. Let's be realistic, 9ja dn die.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Dijita: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2023
Tadadobe:

If you are dazzling people with the $5000 you received from your uncle, I am sure you are going to be dazzling us on Instagram when you relocate. What was the exchange rate when your uncle that gave you $5000 Japa? If you have the tenacity to run a successful business in Nigeria, you don't have to Japa. However, if you are basing your decision on the news of dollar loosing value you be making a very great mistake.
These countries banding together trying to bring deemphasized have many of there citizens fleeing to America or other western countries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by GboyegaD(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
Trying to understand how and when this became news. Your life, your choice; deal with it. I see post like this as a sign of insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2023
Ayilara1:
Will decrease in dollar strength automatically strengthen naira? I doubt it.

Over to analyst.

There was increase in oil price globally and Nigeria as an oil producer was loosing money instead while their counterparts in OPEC were smiling to the bank. Think am grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by grandstar(m): 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
Dijita:

If you are dazzling people with the $5000 you received from your uncle, I am sure you are going to be dazzling us on Instagram when you relocate. What was the exchange rate when your uncle that gave you $5000 Japa? If you have the tenacity to run a successful business in Nigeria, you don't have to Japa. However, if you are basing your decision on the news of dollar loosing value you be making a very great mistake.
These countries banding together trying to bring deemphasized have many of there citizens fleeing to America or other western countries.

Don't mind those sore losers.

In today's world where a 27 year just has a create an app and becomes a billionaire, you want to shift the world back to gold backed assets? How foolish!

Where the US could have been the most threatened would be oil but I think it is now self sufficient in it and even if it was not, it has large unexploited reserves in Alaska for instance. America helped in filling a lot of the gap the gas shortfall the Putin hoped would cripple the European economies.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by donforeign: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
Willie2015:

Dont limit yourself..Bros
A second passport is lovely & desirable..
Even if you dont care about a second passport..
Its a good start for your kids and next generation in a sane environ.
Just reason it...
Naija at 62..No good rail system...No steady power supply..
No good credit system etc
Almost every sector is simply chaotic...
Forex in Naija is hotcake...ruled and managed by cabals...
Nothern Elites... Banks ..Regulatory bodies are part of the conspiracy..
Its been like this for 62yrs
Dont expect any serious change..

na my prayer be that..I no fit born for 9jeria ..

1 Like

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by Iamzik: 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2023
obedience4:

China, India, Russia South Africa will make USD toast 😂😁😀😂😂😀😂😀😂😀😂😀😂😂😀😂😀😂

Will the USA, the biggest economy, and Japan the 3rd largest economy, and Germany the fourth largest economy still not trade in dollars.

Will cjina also not trade with his biggest trading partner the USA with dollars also, a trade that is worth more than half a trillion dollars.

Are you a kid?
Apart from china and India, no other Brics members are in the top 12 biggest economy in the world.

We can have a mature debate without name calling. Have you heard about petrodollar before? If you know what that means you will not post what you posted up there

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America by donforeign: 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
Iamzik:

Op can travel or not travel. It's all a matter of choice

But as for dollar....dollar is on its way out trust me. BRICS will create a common currency to trade oil and USD will become toast.

This is not a wish. It's in the works already
lmao toast to wetin , when dollar be 250 and less for Nigeria, wetin happen to naira ? Baba nothing will benefit us ..black market dey corner 😆

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? / Onboard Menu: AirPeace Serves Jollof And Efo-Riro On Flight To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.