Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria (2259 Views)

Yahoo Boy Caught On Camera Performing Rituals In Port Harcourt / LASU Final Year Female Student Commit Suicide Over Lack Of Money (photo) / Faruq Gbolahan Yusuf Loses US University Scholarship Due To Lack Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2023
Slaves and the unclean, osus ,erus in the pre-colonial Nigeria were usually sacrificed , taken to the 'evil forest " and on return the riches emmased is only just but mystical as these slaves were traded and sold to slave merchants , in exchange for wealth capable of changing whole communities, this today has been inbred with culture sadly believing sacrificing a selected few would bring weath emmasse . Because of the Nigerian Athmosphere of spiritual fear , we don't question and the Religous Heads including babalawos take advantage of this to maximum possible capability , its human it's nature and natural for the strong to feed off the weak .
Shame on those who still practice Money Rituals still.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by MMempire(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Do money ritual exist? Money ritual is a scam.

3 Likes

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2023
MMempire:
Terrible Terrible Scam

6 Likes

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2023
MMempire:
Money ritual is and isn't a scam.
It is because it kills to give money, yet isn't because it is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 5:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
CodeTemplar:
I get your point and thank you . smiley
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by SisterAnn(f): 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2023
TheSourcerer:
Slaves and the unclean, osus ,erus in the pre-colonial Nigeria were usually sacrificed , taken to the 'evil forest " and on return the riches emmased is only just but mystical as these slaves were traded and sold to slave merchants , in exchange for wealth capable of changing whole communities, this today has been inbred with culture sadly believing sacrificing a selected few would bring weath emmasse . Because of the Nigerian Athmosphere of spiritual fear , we don't question and the Religous Heads including babalawos take advantage of this to maximum possible capability , its human it's nature and natural for the strong to feed off the weak .
Poorly scripted.

Take a break, perhaps you are burnt out.
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2023
SisterAnn:
Poorly scripted.

Take a break, perhaps you are burnt out.
How did your day go ? Lovely I hope ? smiley
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by SisterAnn(f): 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2023
TheSourcerer:
How did your day go ? Lovely I hope ? smiley
I'm going great. Thanks for asking.
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2023
SisterAnn:
I'm going great. Thanks for asking.
Sure thing sisterAnn. You have a good one smiley
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by Arab1234567: 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
TheSourcerer:
money ritual is not a scam. Money ritual exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by Caleb15(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
Ku ku do ritual
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
CodeTemplar:

No money comes out, so the victims died in vain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2023
1Sharon:

No money comes out, so the victims died in vain.
money is encountered / attracted, and does not rain.
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
Extract from Quora

Their reality is because they have long wielded powers of life and death over people. The easiest way to understand the occult in the Nigerian context is as an instrument of social control. Don’t do A or else.

It’s also pretty much an open conspiracy that secret cults dominate Nigeria. But their secrecy can only hold within an atmosphere characterised by fear of exposure and physical consequences. That makes them prone to unexpected violence in a manner individuals find disconcerting and frightening. In turn, they justify their fear by giving it a spiritual dimension.

Blood money is also easily traceable to the slave trade. Human beings used to be worth money. But ‘sacrificing them’ was a metaphor. They usually went through the god’s gullet to emerge on a canoe headed for a slave ship docked offshore. Of course, that reality does not help the thousands slaughtered because chancers believed they could strike it rich. They’d be better off trafficking them to Italy or using them as Asian drug mules. Times have moved on, but the myth endures.

The occult is also the popular antagonist of protestants. Although, they contribute to the myth’s persistence by painting it in spiritual terms.

Occultic agents are physical beings who wield the shadows and terror to their advantage. That terror persists because they are willing to kill to keep it that way. And in a poor country, one can blame any series of misfortunes on them.

Always remember that they quailed before the Maxim despite their vaunted powers. Certain robbers can fly, disappear and are bullet-proof right up until they annoy NPF enough for them to hunt them down. Then the narrative shifts to Baal vacaying with Asherah on that particular day. Or maybe that one smart NPF constable dipped his bullet in a virgin’s vomit. And that happened to be the one thing the fetish was not primed to resist.

Anyways, I give protestants two generations and all that nonsense will fade away. Sure, they’ll replace it with Daddy Go-ism, but at least, Daddy GOs aren’t casual murderers like the cults are.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
CodeTemplar:

So you believe it works? undecided

1 Like

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by RoadMozart(m): 11:58pm On Apr 06, 2023
Most of the people wey do money ritual to buy peogeout 507 no live to see venza use....

Blood money can't buy a Bentley
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by Divoc19(f): 3:23am On Apr 07, 2023
Money ritual exist to those who use their brains to calculate how to make money from the society at large.

It's just logic or you are given a loan in secret to to payback after sometime.

Dangote didn't do ritual, very few are successful today because the competition is tight cos of population and the economy
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:51am On Apr 07, 2023
Arab1234567:
money ritual is not a scam. Money ritual exist.
Please can you give us a concise explanation on how it works?
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:37am On Apr 07, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Can you give a concise explanation on how God works,on the event of the last days,heaven and judgement day.
Some things are way beyond explanation,no explanation will do a proper, logical definite judgement to it existence.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2023
Kiddogarcia:

Can you give a concise explanation on how God works,on the event of the last days,heaven and judgement day.
Some things are way beyond explanation,no explanation will do a proper, logical definite judgement to it existence.

Bros, which one be tell you how God work? tell me how e dey work. What happens after killing someone for rituals? How the money dey carry come? Who dey bring the money?
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:49am On Apr 07, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Bros, which one be tell you how God work? tell me how e dey work. What happens after killing someone for rituals? How the money dey carry come? Who dey bring the money?

There are things you can't really define, how dem dey bring the money no concern you, and if you wan know,go do one.

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Kiddogarcia:

There are things you can't really define, how dem dey bring the money no concern you, and if you wan know,go do one.

Then cut the BS and stop telling up it's real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Bro, I've seen people make mad money with no real definition of work,these people can even conjure up a sentence to scam whites.

If you don't believe, it's left to you.

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:37am On Apr 07, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Oga, even Jesus magically obtained money from the mouth of a fish. There are power in level and it is very possible for stronger forces to disposses human of their power to get wealth in exchange for the equivalent money that wealth corresponds to.
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
It exists but it's an illusion because it ain't real.
Think about it, like what the magicain does grin
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Aptly put smiley
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
9182736455O1999:

I honesty would want to know but it's always shrouded in mystery

I have come to notice anything done in mystery , mystic, magical , religious , miracles,voodoo , spirits demons angels aliens are all shrouded with fear and are all synonymous to con
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
9182736455O1999:

My guess is some diety mysteriously enters the bank faults and steals enough for the client ( thousands of clients ) day in day out , lol but somehow we have not see anyone coming out saying yes I made it to forbes or a billionaire by been a ritualist. NEVER but fear myth and superstitious atmosphere makes magick feasible, if not physical .
Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
Is Nigerian Juju real?
As a religion it is real. Like all religions it plays on the superstitious of which Africans are. Be it talking in tongues and healing for Christians. To Moslem mallam who makes amulets.

In the case of the African traditional religions, it is an art form.

It works only on people that believe. How? I will make an example.

In the 90s a senior chief and a distant relation had a problem with the former Oba of Benin. One night the head priest from the Oba palace started doing juju in front of the chief’s palace in plain view of everyone. Next day the Chief was dead. Juju right? Actually no. He was also our family friend and patient. He was diabetic and hypertensive. Did not comply with treatment and preferred herbs. He died of a stroke. Sure the priest killed him. However not with juju, but scared him to death.

When my father died, I was abroad. My aunties were already sharing his lands. I returned and was told by two different elderly people that my aunties were doing juju so that I will forget home. Don't believe, did not work. Took all my dad's properties back and disowned them.

All stories you hear are always the same. “I know someone who saw” which later change to “I saw” Had a friend who was told about a man who touched someone with a ring from ijebu and the other man could not get off the floor. Years later he narrated the story again. This time he saw it happen.

Can juju kill. Oh yes. But not with gods and spirits.

A common image of the event is the witch doctor blowing powder in the victem’s face.

The powder had long been analysed. It comes from the Calabar Bean. Which is rich in ricin. One of the deadliest poisons.

This example of using nature and giving credit to the supernatural is the basis of all similar religions. Not only in Nigeria. Read up on how to make zombies using the puffer fish toxins as practiced in Haiti.

Edit: People are going like, well I believe in science but there are things I have seen in the village..

Like stopping bullets. Here the masked magician shows how it is done without juju helping him.

1 Like

Re: History Of Money Rituals In Nigeria by TheSourcerer: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
In other non superstitious fear filled countries they are called illustrations or magic shows.

They can make elephants disappear. Walk though walls and cut their assistants in half. There they stopped claiming supernatural abilities hundred of years ago. They even correct you if you call it magic.

In Nigeria and Africa in general. People still believe in the same cheap illustrations any professional magician in Europe will recognize. it is as if the African is incapable of performing the same illustrations for his customers.

Edit: I am closing the comments because the similar comments keep popping up and I keep having to repeat myself. I am therefore summarizing them here.

Cultural believes: It is very hard to disregard what you were brought up to believe, I respect that. I was brought up in an family that encouraged analysis of what we hear. My analysis is that Juju is nothing more than parlour tricks reinforced by popular culture.

Juju power not yet discovered : like radio waves as someone kept it. False premise, Since the universe came into existence, there was sound. You talk and I hear. The discovery of sound waves and waves in general just told us how it happens. Now if you showed me a woman flying without wings and show me how it is done, only than can you compare a known phenomenon’s science, with nothing ever proven.

The power of Juju had been observed : Common example been given is “bulletproof” charms. I have them done on me. Even poison and knife proof. It was part of my tribal age group initiation. Am I going to try it out? No.

Please explain this bulletproof in terms of a handful of British soldiers and delta locals conquering the Ancient kingdom of Benin with all its most powerful Juju and thousands of soldiers. Now apply it to the rest of present day Nigeria.

A friend and I were told a story in secondary school by another boy on how his family was protected against bandits by Juju. Decades later my friend repeated The same story, only the subject was his family with no mention of the person who told it to us originally . This is how myth over the history of humanity normally forms.

You are a Christian and believing in Juju is part of it: Again false premise. Most Christians do not know what Juju is.

African traditional religion from where Juju originated does not acknowledge any of the Christian believes. So how is it anti God or pro Devil when it is something they do not believe in?

Someone started quoting scriptures for mention of witches. The witches have nothing to do with Nigerian Juju. It is a religion older than Christianity and goes back to the druids of old. Naturally they will appear in the Bible. But here is the thing. Witchcraft or Wiccans are an recognized religion freely practiced today. Protected by law in most developed countries. They do not believe in gods of any kind and worship the earth as an entity we live on. The witches of old and new would find Nigerian witches and what is attributed to them very funny. Right out of Hollywood or Nollywood.

Please research. You want to use witchcraft as an example. Read up on them first.

Many people claim to see the same thing: It is called Mass hysteria. If you are told a powerful juju lives on a lane. Every smell, sound or sight will be the juju to the believer. No different from the Monkey man of India or the disappearing privates epidemic that keeps popping up in Nigeria.

The image of Nigerian juju in the outside world is that of human traffickers using it to scare their victims, but does not protect them from been arrested. Ritual murders with the practitioners in jail and Nigerian “witch” children abused and abandoned by family and society.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Yabatech Offer Hnd To Bsc Conversion Program. / Unical Resumption Date / Admissions/application Kwara State College Of Health Technology, Offa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.