Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) (4270 Views)

Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons / Aisha Buhari Relocates To Dubai; Cites Insecurity In Aso Villa - SaharaReporters / Laolu Akande Denies Liking Tweet Insulting Buhari, Cites “Touch Error” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Broveens42(m): 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:
"An economy forms naturally from aggregated human action–a spontaneous order, much like language. Individuals trade with each other to improve their standards of living. Improved standards of living are made possible when labor is more productive. The only sustainable way for an economy to grow is through increased productivity."

So if every state imbibes this culture, there would be no need to claim another man's land.

All these long grammar is for academics and your quest to get A's and B's...
History has shown, deliberate external factors, influence expected outcome.

In economics it is stated when demand is low, prices reduce. An external factor can still keep prices high for a targeted class or population by way of alternative retailing or stores.

You can't be a major entry route for Europeans and Americans and claim it is the making of bola and not FG under the remote control of your colonial masters
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Danisaint112(m): 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:
I am not disputing population with you but if we go by your assertion, its just a small portion who reside in lagos that came up with the saying "Lagos is no mans land". That energy should be used for further development of Largest Built-Up Urban Area(Onitsha).

I am Igbo but will never support the notion that Lagos is a no man's land.

I leave in Abuja and could tell you that it is wrong to say Abuja is a no man's land. Although Abuja I here some (mostly few uninformed non-igbos) make such silly assertions which I condemn totally.

Abuja is the Gwaris tribe land and belongs to the Gwaris alone

But let's be honest to ourselves, the igbos were fought prior to and during the governorship election in Lagos State not because the uninformed few said it is a no man's land but because of the shameful defeat of Tinubu in Lagos by Labour party during the presidential election.

The term "Lagos is a no man's land" wasn't birthed today as even some Yoruba elders has stated so in the past (far back in the 90's) but it resurrected during the period of the governorship election as a good propaganda to tame the igbos for voting against Tinubu's APC during the presidential election.

It was a political move to resurrect deep rooted Tribalism in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
Going by your logic, Abuja is also a major entry route for Europeans and Americans and yet still way behind lagos in revenue. States like Ogun, Kaduna, Oyo are also doing great despite the fact that they are not a major entry hub. You have to make use of what you have and also think to make from what you dont have. It is not as straight as the external factor you included. I can go on but i cant keep at this, you can call Lagos whatever you want. Reality is all that matters. Peace out.
Broveens42:

All these long grammar is for academics and your quest to get A's and B's...
History has shown, deliberate external factors, influence expected outcome.

In economics it is stated when demand is low, prices reduce. An external factor can still keep prices high for a targeted class or population by way of alternative retailing or stores.

You can't be a major entry route for Europeans and Americans and claim it is the making of bola and not FG under the remote control of your colonial masters
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Owontime: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hotice085:

You sound pain
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Owontime: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
Speak English, I don't understand Latin.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
bro4u:

You're saying shyte,, comparing Aba n Enugu to Uyo. I can say with confident Enugu is living in past glory cos nothing is really happening over there,, u even had to bring in ABA? Haba!!

What's your definition of inner streets? Do you mean untarred bush track we all know the southeast got as constantly shown in it's movies? Dat one is obvious na, SE don't have roads what they have are bush tracks
Lol, I'm talking about laid out streets, it's lacking in uyo. I'm not talking about weather the streets are well tarred or not, but the arrangement. Uyo lacks laid out street arrangements like Aba
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
Comelysync:
So this is what you want to be doing for the next 4 years because election is over now, can't you guys come up with better topics than measuring of dicks?
Elections are over, stop using it for consolation on every topic
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
forgiveness:

You just come here and start lying. Which inner streets do you have in Onitsha and Aba? The same place i stayed for almost a decade?

Aba and Onitsha have ishimiri inner roads mixed with potopoto. Stop deceiving people here.

The only places I know that have inner roads are Owerri, Enugu and Umuahia. Even Orji Kalu town has better inner roads than Aba and Onitsha. grin
Onitsha, Aba and Maiduguri have unbeatable masterplan. Fegge Onitsha was properly planned by colonist and nowhere in Nigeria comes close. I'm talking about urban planning not good roads
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Comelysync: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

Elections are over, stop using it for consolation on every topic
posting pictures of parts of various cities everywhere in the country should be stale by now on nairaland.com... It's getting boring.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
Comelysync:
posting pictures of parts of various cities everywhere in the country should be stale by now on nairaland.com... It's getting boring.
And who are you to dictate what can be posted or not?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Comelysync: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

And who are you to dictate what can be posted or not?
continue biko no vex.. Keep on measuring dicks, since that's what makes you happy and out of mundane topics.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
Comelysync:
continue biko no vex.. Keep on measuring dicks, since that's what makes you happy and out of mundane topics.
As e no favor you it's now mundane ABI? You even had to bring election matter into it to see if you can equalize
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Comelysync: 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

As e no favor you it's now mundane ABI? You even had to bring election matter into it to see if you can equalize
how will posting pictures, measuring dicks favor me, do you have any idea where am from? This things was near non existence pre and during elections, now elections is over you lots with your adversaries have gone back to this measuring of dicks, it's boring bro.... Come up with something else exciting, educational or new, not same old things you guys post to make u feel good with urself.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by forgiveness: 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

Onitsha, Aba and Maiduguri have unbeatable masterplan. Fegge Onitsha was properly planned by colonist and nowhere in Nigeria comes close. I'm talking about urban planning not good roads

Which nowhere in Nigeria comes close? No doubt Aba is planned in SE but there are more better planned cities in other parts of Nigeria.

See below.

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by rummmy: 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2023
biaframaster200:
We hope your poto poto region will start working. So that all these street gala and soft drink hawkers on third mainland bridge will go back home to.cont8nue trading...

But Obi the pandora stays more in Lagos state than in Anambra state......he built....is he running for what he has built over the years?
Rccg ,deeper life, mfm etc should be getting ready to vacate as well.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by rummmy: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hotice085:

What is the size of the entire SE?
what is the size of Sudan and that of isreal?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by rummmy: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

That gala him carry for head is more than 6k in prices.
He sells all everyday, making a gain of 4k daily.
Then calculate it for a year or 2 years.
He can buy a land or even multiply his business.
And you on the other hand is waiting for government to help you and shooting omowida everywhere you go.
he earns 30k every month from tinubu..his clothes and phone are all bought on credit...
In two year time,the guy that sell gala will buy his ancestoral land where his grand parents were all buried... grin
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
rummmy:
what is the size of Sudan and that of isreal?

Ok now, shebi na question de answer question...
What is the size of America and Togo?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by rummmy: 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hotice085:

Ok now, shebi na question de answer question...
What is the size of America and Togo?
now I got you...
You can now see that development is not directly proportional to size...
What do you think?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
rummmy:
now I got you...
You can now see that development is not directly proportional to size...
What do you think?

Did you see what gave rise to me asking the question?

Comparing Sudan to Israel is a mismatch, why not compare places with almost same ethnicity, resources and environment
Be factual and not sentimental
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by rummmy: 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hotice085:

Did you see what gave rise to me asking the question?

Comparing Sudan to Israel is a mismatch, why not compare places with almost same ethnicity, resources and environment
Be factual and not sentimental
but Sudan have resources more than isreal..
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
rummmy:
but Sudan have resources more than isreal..

Tell me the similarities between Sudanese and Israelites
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
forgiveness:

Which nowhere in Nigeria comes close? No doubt Aba is planned in SE but there are more better planned cities in other parts of Nigeria.

See below.
Those are tiny isolated places in Lagos. The larger Lagos is disorganized. Aba was planned citywide. Onitsha main city was also planned but later swallowed unplanned villages. Fegge Onitsha has a unique plan, unbeatable Nationwide
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by forgiveness: 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

Those are tiny isolated places in Lagos. The larger Lagos is disorganized. Aba was planned citywide. Onitsha main city was also planned but later swallowed unplanned villages. Fegge Onitsha has a unique plan, unbeatable Nationwide

Do you mean Ikeja is a tiny isolated place in Lagos state? grin

Oga, Ikeja is a city in Lagos state and it's more planned and developed than both Onitsha and Aba combined. grin

Lekki is also another city in Lagos state and it's more planned and developed than Aba and Onitsha combined. grin

It seems you can't differentiate between Lagos and Lagos state. Abi Enugu is same as Enugu state? grin

Even the main Lagos city is more planned than Aba and Onitsha. Lagos city comprises of Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Yaba, Lagos Island and Surulere.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

I will tell you with 100% certainty except for Festac Town and Abuja, no place in Nigeria was ever planned from scratch
Aba, Onistsha have no plan from beginning
Even London Rome and many Europeans cities never had plan, development later on brought planning to all these cities
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by anungangampu: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
It hurt me that our governors are not pushing for more of this. China's production bleeped our people's mentality. This is why location of the port is still the main issue.
The truth is Igbos in Lagos since the year 2000 have been focusing their investment in Lagos due to over-focus on recycling of more container shipment than actually tailored investment.
The result is more igbo traders in Lagos would rather focus on investment trend in Lagos than in Alaigbo due to the fact no one is actually calling their attention home and drudgery of China shipment mean more loans and goods.
I just hope with Lagos election they can focus back home again.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
Comelysync:
how will posting pictures, measuring dicks favor me, do you have any idea where am from? This things was near non existence pre and during elections, now elections is over you lots with your adversaries have gone back to this measuring of dicks, it's boring bro.... Come up with something else exciting, educational or new, not same old things you guys post to make u feel good with urself.
Guy go and sleep.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hotice085:

I will tell you with 100% certainty except for Festac Town and Abuja, no place in Nigeria was ever planned from scratch
Even London Rome and many Europeans cities never had plan, development later on brought planning to all these cities
This is the ignorance we keep talking about you people. Onitsha was planned by colonist. Aba was planned by Michael Okpara, later by Sam mbakwe. Check Google images of Onitsha and Aba inner cities and see masterplan

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

This is the ignorance we keep talking about you people. Onitsha was planned by colonist. Aba was planned by Michael Okpara, later by Sam mbakwe. Check Google images of Onitsha and Aba inner cities and see masterplan

Lagos was planned by who, calabar, lokoja port Harcourt and ikot Abasi was planned by who?
Aside using Google you need to have deep thinking and knowledge
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by XerXers: 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hotice085:

Lagos was planned by who, calabar, lokoja port Harcourt and ikot Abasi was planned by who?
Aside using Google you need to have deep thinking and knowledge
Whats your point Mr Man, did I say other places were not planned? I'm only telling you the unique urban planning of Onitsha, Aba and Maiduguri. Three of them have similar grid system in street alignment

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

Whats your point Mr Man, did I say other places were not planned? I'm only telling you the unique urban planning of Onitsha, Aba and Maiduguri. Three of them have similar grid system in street alignment

And that is what a planned city is all about to you?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by sage(m): 7:33am On Apr 08, 2023
Hotice085:

I think you are wrong here.

Aba main town was very planned. In fact the length and breadth of the roads and streets are pretty much the same in the main town in a grid pattern. If we had things like fire hydrants and underground water systems, it would be easy to standardize equipments.

Unfortunately as the city grew the rest of the areas were not planned and became chaotic. And that was before the governments of the state let the city completely decay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

D Truth Behind Dangote’s Wealth, D Cabal,tokunbo Ban And Impoverishing Nigerians / Oba Of Benin's First Son Set To Ascend The Throne+photos From The Ceremony / Nairaland Politics Person For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.