Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) (4269 Views)

Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons / Aisha Buhari Relocates To Dubai; Cites Insecurity In Aso Villa - SaharaReporters / Laolu Akande Denies Liking Tweet Insulting Buhari, Cites “Touch Error” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 7:12am On Apr 07, 2023
BossGerald:

You want to talk about size now abi grin??

OK oo, do you want the size of southeast alone or the whole igbo land??

Simple question and you are dancing around
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Broveens42(m): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2023
Sevenworldpower:
In the next 50 years the whole SE would just be a metropolis.

Far less than that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by gaddafe(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2023
gidgiddy:
Onitsha is a true testament of the doggedness of the Igbo man who built up that city with no government assistance

I beg to differ on this statement. The stadium in Onitsha was built by who? The roads in were built by who? The bridge was built by who?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by onumadu: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2023
gaddafe:

I beg to differ on this statement. The stadium in Onitsha was built by who? The roads in were built by who? The bridge was built by who?

Built by the government using people's money (internally generated revenue).
Some roads were built by the people themselves.
One rich man in my area singlehandedly used interlocking blocks to build more than 2 kilometers of road.
Na Igbo spirit be dat.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by bro4u: 7:58am On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

Ibadan lack inner streets like Onitsha. Even beautiful uyo lack inner streets like Aba and Enugu
You're saying shyte,, comparing Aba n Enugu to Uyo. I can say with confident Enugu is living in past glory cos nothing is really happening over there,, u even had to bring in ABA? Haba!!

What's your definition of inner streets? Do you mean untarred bush track we all know the southeast got as constantly shown in it's movies? Dat one is obvious na, SE don't have roads what they have are bush tracks
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Owontime: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2023
These people talk too much,we must give them their DOT NATION in the next 4 years,some of us are disgusted to share the same country with people who only migrate to our cities to do crime and sell Gala bread.
PARASITES.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Yorubalandlord(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2023
Owontime:
These people talk too much,we must give them their DOT NATION in the next 4 years,some of us are disgusted to share the same country with people who only migrate to our cities to do crime and sell Gala bread.
PARASITES.
That gala him carry for head is more than 6k in prices.
He sells all everyday, making a gain of 4k daily.
Then calculate it for a year or 2 years.
He can buy a land or even multiply his business.
And you on the other hand is waiting for government to help you and shooting omowida everywhere you go.

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Comelysync: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2023
So this is what you want to be doing for the next 4 years because election is over now, can't you guys come up with better topics than measuring of dicks?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by gaddafe(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2023
onumadu:

Built by the government using people's money (internally generated revenue).
Some roads were built by the people themselves.
One rich man in my area singlehandedly used interlocking blocks to build more than 2 kilometers of road.
Na Igbo spirit be dat.

If this is the case then this is not only happening in the south east but in most parts of the country. There are a lot of states in the south south and middle belt that also fall under this category

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by forgiveness: 9:45am On Apr 07, 2023
gidgiddy:
Onitsha is a true testament of the doggedness of the Igbo man who built up that city with no government assistance

So, Anambra state is not collecting allocations since after the civil war? shocked

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Owontime: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

That gala him carry for head is more than 6k in prices.
He sells all everyday, making a gain of 4k daily.
Then calculate it for a year or 2 years.
He can buy a land or even multiply his business.
And you on the other hand is waiting for government to help you and shooting omowida everywhere you go.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by forgiveness: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2023
XerXers:

Ibadan lack inner streets like Onitsha. Even beautiful uyo lack inner streets like Aba and Enugu

You just come here and start lying. Which inner streets do you have in Onitsha and Aba? The same place i stayed for almost a decade?

Aba and Onitsha have ishimiri inner roads mixed with potopoto. Stop deceiving people here.

The only places I know that have inner roads are Owerri, Enugu and Umuahia. Even Orji Kalu town has better inner roads than Aba and Onitsha. grin
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Owontime: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2023
L
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Owontime: 10:00am On Apr 07, 2023
[quote author=Owontime post=122350934][/quote]

He can buy land but can't develop his zone?
You know why he can't develop his zone?
It's because he's an uneducated illiterate who has no skills and will end up being an armed robber.
That's why him and people like him must go back to his village, we don't need scavengers in our cities. If he had a brain he would have developed his city and sold Gala bread in his own city instead of being a refugee and a nuisance in my city.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by gidgiddy: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2023
forgiveness:

So, Anambra state is not collecting allocations since after the civil war? shocked

Everyone is collecting allocation since the civil war, how many places look like Onitsha?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by gidgiddy: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2023
gaddafe:

And how many places in Nigeria look like Onitsha?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Okwyjesus(m): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2023
mrvitalis:

From umiahia down to mbaise to Owerri to orlu to Anambra I doubt you can drive 1 min without seeing a house ...60 second I doubt
Igbos have a lot of value for house. That's the drive
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by forgiveness: 10:51am On Apr 07, 2023
gidgiddy:

Everyone is collecting allocation since the civil war, how many places look like Onitsha?

Onitsha is not in the top 30 best cities in Nigeria? You're right, not many places look like Onitsha.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2023
The urge for constant validation is a disorder.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Danisaint112(m): 11:17am On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:
The urge for constant validation is a disorder.

The facts is boldly written and clearly seen. It's no cap but fact. The thread is for naysayers who claim it's only poto photo the South East have.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Hotice085: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2023
Owontime:
PARASITES.

You sound pain
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 11:53am On Apr 07, 2023
So much development yet nobody wants to stay there. That says a lot.
Danisaint112:

The facts is boldly written and clearly seen. It's no cap but fact. The thread is for naysayers who claim it's only poto photo the South East have.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Broveens42(m): 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:

Nobody?
So who are the people living in the east? Ghost? Lol
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
Of course, there are people living there but seem to want another mans state. Why is there this retort that Lagos is no mans land. Also, I dont see any other tribe stating that a particular state belongs to no one. Every tribe has the right to reside anywhere but should never forget their state or region. If your state is well developed, another man's state should not enter your eyes.
Broveens42:

Nobody?
So who are the people living in the east? Ghost? Lol

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Danisaint112(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:

You haven't probably been there. Igbos population is just underrated because of their exploring nature.

Picture below isn't the says it all.

And why it comes to population real figure as it suppose to be today, if you should add Igbos in diaspora and those that died for the civil war.

If I should also add up Igbos killed during the BIAFRA war that about 6 million x 3 (late grandfathers, fathers and children they would have birthed) = 18 million

18 + 42 = 60,000,000 (aside Igbos in diaspora).

Why am I telling you this? Igbos are populous as the Yorubas. The civil war happened to us.

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Broveens42(m): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:
Of course, there are people living there but seem to want another mans state. Why is there this retort that Lagos is no mans land. Also, I dont see any other tribe stating that a particular state belongs to no one. Every tribe has the right to reside anywhere but should never forget their state or region. If your state is well developed, another man's state should not enter your eyes.

Lol. I love where I fixed you...
seem to realize you goofed on this one. Why are the Chinese flooding Africa to get a grip of their economy.. are they not developed?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Have you seen a chinese man saying Nigeria is no mans land? They do their business and keep it moving.
Broveens42:

Lol. I love where I fixed you. You seem to realize you goofed on this one. Why are the Chinese flooding Africa to get a grip of their economy.. are they not developed?
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Broveens42(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:
Have you seen a chinese man saying Nigeria is no mans land? They do their business and keep it moving.

You think words can't be put to action? Lol
That's why the whites have been holding a grip on you because you get scared of words more than innate actions

Having a perception an economically/politically advantaged but lawless place(Lagos) is no man's land, gives you a psychological advantage you can compete favourably in such environment.

Same way Chinese know Africa is a place where protocols can be broken, they don't need to say it...
Africa na "come do as you like".. Neocolonialism is a testament to that.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
I am not disputing population with you but if we go by your assertion, its just a small portion who reside in lagos that came up with the saying "Lagos is no mans land". That energy should be used for further development of Largest Built-Up Urban Area(Onitsha).
Danisaint112:

You haven't probably been there. Igbos population is just underrated because of their exploring nature.

Picture below isn't the says it all.

And why it comes to population real figure as it suppose to be today, if you should add Igbos in diaspora and those that died for the civil war.

If I should also add up Igbos killed during the BIAFRA war that about 6 million x 3 (late grandfathers, fathers and children they would have birthed) = 18 million

18 + 42 = 60,000,000 (aside Igbos in diaspora).

Why am I telling you this? Igbos are populous as the Yorubas. The civil war happened to us.
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
I cant laugh enough at economically/politically advantaged. It is not the birth right of a state and every state should strive to get this advantage. I remember Tinubu taking the IGR of Lagos from about N1.2bn to N7bn monthly as governor. A chinese man will not called Nigeria no mans land and say he wants to go for a political position in the same Nigeria. You think there is no lawlessness in China or the east? The fixation on Lagos is where you will continue to lose. Anambra should be more developed than lagos if the same energy is applied. >
Broveens42:

You think words can't be put to action? Lol
That's why the whites have been holding a grip on you because you get scared of words more than innate actions

Having a perception an economically/politically advantaged but lawless place(Lagos) is no man's land, gives you a psychological advantage you can compete favourably in such environment.

Same way Chinese know Africa is a place where protocols can be broken, they don't need to say it...
Africa na "come do as you like".. Neocolonialism is a testament to that.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Broveens42(m): 1:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Jimiyung:
I cant laugh enough at economically/politically advantaged. It is not the birth right of a state and every state should strive to get this advantage. I remember Tinubu taking the IGR of Lagos from about N1.2bn to N7bn monthly as governor. A chinese man will not called Nigeria no mans land and say he wants to go for a political position in the same Nigeria. You think there is no lawlessness in China or the east? The fixation on Lagos is where you will continue to lose. Anambra should be more developed than lagos if the same energy is applied. >

Why should you laughing at economically advantaged statement? Did I speak Chinese? grin
Or are you deliberately running away from the truth?

Monopolize anambra ports, Relocate all consulates in lagos and MMA to anambra.
If Anambra doesn't overtake Lagos in less than a decade, I'll go public and denounce my tribe
Re: Top 10 Most Urbanized Cites In Nigeria ( Population And Land Used Areas) by Jimiyung(m): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
"An economy forms naturally from aggregated human action–a spontaneous order, much like language. Individuals trade with each other to improve their standards of living. Improved standards of living are made possible when labor is more productive. The only sustainable way for an economy to grow is through increased productivity."

So if every state imbibes this culture, there would be no need to claim another man's land.
Broveens42:

Why should you laughing at economically advantaged statement? Did I speak Chinese? grin
Or are you deliberately running away from the truth?

Monopolize anambra ports, Relocate all consulates and MMM to anambra.
If Anambra doesn't overtake Lagos in less than a decade, I'll go public and denounce my tribe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New And Revised Allowance For Nigerian Lawmakers / I’m Ready To Die For Jonathan Says Asari Dokubo / A Video Of GEJ Presenting National Honours To Deserving Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.