Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? (767 Views)

Remote Worker? Please Open This Thread / My Journey To Getting A Remote Job / Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? by missimelda01(f): 8:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
Hello everyone, I have a question for the techies living in Nigeria but working in companies outside Nigeria.

How do you handle tax payment if you work as a consultant?

And If you don’t pay tax, how do you provide the monthly invoice to your company?

I would appreciate quick responses, thank you.
Re: Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? by shegzhkn: 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2023
How the Nigerian government take help them ??
Re: Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? by vefexam: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2023
If you are an independent contractor, then you do not need to pay tax (except income tax).

When it comes to invoices, very simple go online and look for a invoice template and customize it to you liking. If you are paid hourly put how many hours you work and your rate, routing number, back account number etc and you are good to go.

If you plan to japa to EU countries (North Europe) and sponsor yourself make sure your invoice tallies with your transaction history - it makes it less stressfully and easier.

cc: missimelda01

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? by missimelda01(f): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2023
vefexam:
If you are an independent contractor, then you do not need to pay tax (except income tax).

When it comes to invoices, very simple go online and look for a invoice template and customize it to you liking. If you are paid hourly put how many hours you work and your rate, routing number, back account number etc and you are good to go.

If you plan to japa to EU countries (North Europe) and sponsor yourself make sure your invoice tallies with your transaction history - it makes it less stressfully and easier.

cc: missimelda01

Thank you so much for your response.

For the second paragraph, I don’t use a dom account to receive payment…does it also apply to platforms like Grey?
Re: Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? by studyless123: 12:03am On Apr 07, 2023
missimelda01:

For the second paragraph, I don’t use a dom account to receive payment…does it also apply to platforms like Grey?

Irrespective of the platform you'll need the account no and routing/ABA number.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay Tax As A Remote Worker? by vefexam: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2023
missimelda01:

What or how does the company do payments or you can talk to the accountants in which method they will use in paying you

(1) (Reply)

One On One / h / Beginner In Php And C++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.