Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures (72081 Views)

Being A First Daughter / The Radfords: UK's Largest Family Welcomes Baby No 22 Amidst Coronavirus Crisis / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age (2) (3) (4)

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Burgerlomo: 3:33am On Apr 08, 2023
Congratulations 😎👍
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Iluvmycontr3: 4:14am On Apr 08, 2023
Espelbengz:
Oyibo Sabi lie eh! 🙂

With all due respect; i would like to know why you said so..
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Ogbobesinachi(m): 4:38am On Apr 08, 2023
God is great if the reverse is the case the family would have long gone. Give it up to the boys that kept the family afloat for such a long period.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by lilbro(m): 5:51am On Apr 08, 2023
This dude better do a DNA Test. most likely the woman don play away match!
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Hassanmaye(m): 5:58am On Apr 08, 2023
siofra:
Kai! 138 years of pain, suffering and headache.

I'm scared to have male child before I go and have another Andrew Tate or Kevin Samuels. God forbid!!!😩
Shut up
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Hassanmaye(m): 5:59am On Apr 08, 2023
Mindlog:

The Caucasians keep records!

I did a research project for someone who was writing a book on her family history, I had to start from 1684 when her progenitor arrived present day Canada from France.

Went through Catholic church records in different Canadian provinces where
their births, baptism, marriages and deaths were registered.
Wow

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by seguno2: 6:12am On Apr 08, 2023
ABIODUN105:
Congratulations to the couple always love to generational curses being broken

What do you mean by generational curses
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by seguno2: 6:15am On Apr 08, 2023
finallybusy:
Okay. Life continues. I'm surprised they kept records.

Are you also surprised that we blacks are the scumbags of the world because we don’t keep records and have no alphabets for our languages?

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by seguno2: 6:16am On Apr 08, 2023
Mindlog:

The Caucasians keep records!

I did a research project for someone who was writing a book on her family history, I had to start from 1684 when her progenitor arrived present day Canada from France.

Went through Catholic church records in different Canadian provinces where
their births, baptism, marriages and deaths were registered.

Quite impressive indeed.
We blacks can’t even get records going back 50 years without controversy about whether they are factual or not.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Mindlog: 6:37am On Apr 08, 2023
seguno2:

Quite impressive indeed.
We blacks can’t even get records going back 50 years without controversy about whether they are factual or not.

Where records are not kept. "personal facts" thrives.

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by tete7000(m): 6:39am On Apr 08, 2023
siofra:

I'm scared to have male child before I go and have another Andrew Tate or Kevin Samuels. God forbid!!!😩

Many of you make reckless statements, wishing yourself horrible things while you thinking you are having fun. Dear, be careful what you utter with your mouth, they might come to hunt you. My piece of advice for you.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by finallybusy: 6:43am On Apr 08, 2023
seguno2:

Are you also surprised that we blacks are the scumbags of the world because we don’t keep records and have no alphabets for our languages?
Egyptians kept records, used calculations and invented medicine long before Arabs took over their land. Our side of the continent used stories to pass knowledge down generations. Unfortunately tales become diluted or exaggerated as decades pass.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by JOemmy(m): 6:45am On Apr 08, 2023
The baby girl will definitely be over pampered this family is almost similar to my own family my mom have no girl child all six of us are all boys she always complains bitterly about the situation she found herself because of our wahala.

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by jaytime(m): 7:20am On Apr 08, 2023
God don do am
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by 9gerian: 7:27am On Apr 08, 2023
I suspect the advent of tv and news casting may have helped to reshape the world. People had to start pretending to be good and nice to avoid bad press.

Mindlog:

Nigeria is very low on that!

I was awed throughout the project, how those folks kept records of all that was significant for their progenies....I really learnt big on wars, escapes, deportations, re-entry, religious intimidations, outbreak of diseases etc that happen through those centuries.

I came off with the knowledge that no matter how Britiain wants to look prim and proper today, their ancestors were baddos as them show present day US and Canada shege!
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Mindlog: 7:45am On Apr 08, 2023
9gerian:
I suspect the advent of tv and news casting may have helped to reshape the world. People had to start pretending to be good and nice to avoid bad press.

Read up on Le Grand Dérangement of 1755 by the British military.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Advancedman(m): 7:50am On Apr 08, 2023
Wawelexy:
138 years of peace of mind.....

Say on brother

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Ravenna: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2023
Wawelexy:

Those gender are something else.

When she grow up, she will scatter all the laid down legacy of that family.

The father don looseguard, that child is not his.

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Soulsymbol99: 8:05am On Apr 08, 2023
Wawelexy:

Aswear! cheesy

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by press9jatv: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2023
Congratulations 🎉
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by omoadeleye(m): 8:12am On Apr 08, 2023
siofra:

You sha want Chimamanda Adichie abi

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Draslo(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2023
siofra:

You will have 5 boys
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by mylove4God(f): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Story sounds familiar

My childhood friend in my hood family had a similar story.

They were a family of boys, boys as in the great grand father Gave birth to only boys. According to him 10 boys no girl. His grand father gave birth to 8 boys no girl

His father gave birth to 7 of them boys, his uncles also gave birth to boys only, even his cousins that are married, just boys.

His elder brother who was like the black sheep in the house was dating a prostitute in one hotel like that in our street. We didn't really know sha. We thought it was just him going to sex as usual not knowing that they had something beyond paid sex.

It was a shock to the family and people in the street when a prostitute accused him of impregnating her. As in, he denied ooo and before we knew prostitute brought police to arrest him. That was how he was forced to accept the pregnancy

It was a big disgrace to the family. Ashawo Don leave hotel carry bag come family house. Cos of shame the guy rented another house for him as his pregnant babe to stay (him no get choice). It was hell, they were always fighting. This guy almost beat that girl to death but thank God she no stab am but when the girl put to bed, Lo and behold it was a baby girl.

Omo! First baby girl in the family in decades, not just the first in their family but in the whole extended family.

Everybody forgot who the mother is and celebration began. The father killed a cow, the uncles, cousins and everyone came around.

Street was shut down that date, see drinks. We were happy. It's like something was unlocked in the family and it came from a prostitute.

Two years later, the lady still in the house got pregnant again and still another baby girl. That was how the thing broke, the cousins wife gave birth to their own daughters too.

Bottom line is that, the prostitute has been married fully into the family. She and her husband come to visit atimes. She looks so decent and homely now. I think one of the best wife in the family because my friend's parents (mom and dad) don't joke with the lady and even when I was still in the hood, I remember my friend do go to her house to eat whenever hunger comes.
Wow, sometimes God use things we despise to teach us a lesson

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by cardoctor(m): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2023
Draslo:
I pity the first guy wey go toast that girl when she hits her teens.

All eyes on him who ventures beyond.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Okoroawusa: 9:11am On Apr 08, 2023
Na army go dey follow that girl once she enter secondary school
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Espelbengz(m): 9:27am On Apr 08, 2023
We just agree to anything these white folks dish out, how is it possible not to have a female child in a lineage for over 130 yrs?do u know how many generations it's? Haba make Dem d pipe low sometimes!

Iluvmycontr3:

With all due respect; i would like to know why you said so..
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Babygreene(f): 9:27am On Apr 08, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Story sounds familiar

My childhood friend in my hood family had a similar story.

They were a family of boys, boys as in the great grand father Gave birth to only boys. According to him 10 boys no girl. His grand father gave birth to 8 boys no girl

His father gave birth to 7 of them boys, his uncles also gave birth to boys only, even his cousins that are married, just boys.

His elder brother who was like the black sheep in the house was dating a prostitute in one hotel like that in our street. We didn't really know sha. We thought it was just him going to sex as usual not knowing that they had something beyond paid sex.

It was a shock to the family and people in the street when a prostitute accused him of impregnating her. As in, he denied ooo and before we knew prostitute brought police to arrest him. That was how he was forced to accept the pregnancy

It was a big disgrace to the family. Ashawo Don leave hotel carry bag come family house. Cos of shame the guy rented another house for him as his pregnant babe to stay (him no get choice). It was hell, they were always fighting. This guy almost beat that girl to death but thank God she no stab am but when the girl put to bed, Lo and behold it was a baby girl.

Omo! First baby girl in the family in decades, not just the first in their family but in the whole extended family.

Everybody forgot who the mother is and celebration began. The father killed a cow, the uncles, cousins and everyone came around.

Street was shut down that date, see drinks. We were happy. It's like something was unlocked in the family and it came from a prostitute.

Two years later, the lady still in the house got pregnant again and still another baby girl. That was how the thing broke, the cousins wife gave birth to their own daughters too.

Bottom line is that, the prostitute has been married fully into the family. She and her husband come to visit atimes. She looks so decent and homely now. I think one of the best wife in the family because my friend's parents (mom and dad) don't joke with the lady and even when I was still in the hood, I remember my friend do go to her house to eat whenever hunger comes.

Amazing story.You're an awesome storyteller! It was definitely a generational curse broken by some street Hoe! She was the destined one to break the curse.Maybe their family killed girl child in times past.

Even Jesus Christ came from the lineage of a prostitute! Life is really mysterious.

Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by siofra(f): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2023
omoadeleye:

You sha want Chimamanda Adichie abi

Of course.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by seguno2: 10:01am On Apr 08, 2023
finallybusy:
Egyptians kept records, used calculations and invented medicine long before Arabs took over their land. Our side of the continent used stories to pass knowledge down generations. Unfortunately tales become diluted or exaggerated as decades pass.

Are Egyptians black? Assuming you’re correct, why were the Egyptian blacks so lazy to allow the Arabs take over their land?

So you finally agree that we blacks are mentally lazy lovers of opacity, which is why we failed to have alphabets and written history
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by seguno2: 10:02am On Apr 08, 2023
Mindlog:
Where records are not kept. "personal facts" thrives.

Why don’t you make a choice between personal AND facts
Both are contradictory.
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Olam09(m): 10:59am On Apr 08, 2023
expatinmalay:

Source: https://abc7ny.com/michigan-family-first-daughter-138-years-baby-girl/13092350/

Hope say she no go talk say i feel like I'm trapped in a woman's body in future..
Re: Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures by Bennycollins: 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Brandiebird:
I guess that calls for a DNA test 😐
Take a look at that baby's face and the dad's.

Cobra And Monitor Lizard Killed In A Bed Room / Photo Of Mother & Son Relaxing On A Yacht Got People Arguing / Man Finds Out His Daughter Is Not His Child After Taking DNA Test