Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day (36728 Views)

Husband And Wife Completed Their Phd Same Day / Two Beautiful Nigerian Sisters Bag PhD On The Same Day (Photos) / Meet Wendy,nigeria's NASA Whizz,who Is First Black Woman To Bag Phd In Aerospace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Eriokanmi: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
People still bag PhD nowadays? Except in the academic field, its worth nothing. Anyway, congrats to them. I can't advise anyone on that. Check the world billionaires list and how many of them had a PhD.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by TONYE001(m): 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2023
juman:

Solving problems in nigeria?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, solving problems, in Nigeria, yes.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by fitinwell: 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
What is PHd in Nigeria without invention?
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by jaytime(m): 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
Fantastic. Congratulations to them.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Kemadealadire(f): 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
Aww...
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Didi2d(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
I knew he is a nairalander with his post on Facebook.
Congratulations
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Pjoe238: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
The Degree is worthless when they will still use it to rig election
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by EducatedMind369: 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
I don't get why people study Anatomy though. Not like you qualify to work as a doctor, and mbbs students literally learn, if not all of their course content. Looks like a waste of time to me.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Emmanuel909090: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by gr8cany: 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Osamudamen:
He wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02KdDYrw7uk5TWYvPTPmQ3Vctd6VY5y39GiygXZ7bvpDNimaYRGJtqsUdQP96b7kB2l&id=100001422552987&mibextid=Nif5oz

Moral lesson: Marry someone that supports your dream, someone who wants to see you grow.πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
#priscilliafu
I tap in this blessing
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Yarimoooh: 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2023
Oga just congratulate them and shut da fk up. Keep your yeye advice to yourself.
ProfGday:
Start a business,nurture it to the highest peak. Your sons and daughter will thank you for leaving something worth inheriting behind.

Your PhDs cannot do that.

All the same,congrats to the Oviosuns
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by lexy2014: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2023
ProfGday:
Start a business,nurture it to the highest peak. Your sons and daughter will thank you for leaving something worth inheriting behind.

Which business have you started and nurtured to its peak?

Have "Your sons and daughter thanked you for leaving something worth inheriting behind"?
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by rinzylee(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
TONYE001:

Lolz. How uninformed some of us are without knowing it.

Everyone can't go into business, sir. And, PhD is not just about making money, it's about solving problems. The knowledge you apply in your tailoring and poultry business are contributions of people's research.

God bless you for educating this generation that is so fixated on money only. They don't understand that education is the bedrock of advancement.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Kemadealadire(f): 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
Congratulations to the woman especially 😌
Combining all these with motherhood πŸ‘
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by sonnie10: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
EducatedMind369:
I don't get why people study Anatomy though. Not like you qualify to work as a doctor, and mbbs students literally learn, if not all of their course content. Looks like a waste of time to me.
This true but people will thinks you are being envious. Nigerians don’t like truth.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by mechanics(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Congrats to them.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by render01(f): 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
When they give birth, it would become family of education 🀣🀣
Congratulations to them
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by BiGVEEN58(m): 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
ProfGday:

I was looking for this comment. Nice one.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by IPG25(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
Congratulations to both of them,a journey of a thousands miles begins at a step
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Exceed15: 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Wow I m so happy for them.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Supersymetry: 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Academic titles/certificates with nothing to show for it, are one of the reasons Nigeria find it difficult to compete with the rest of the world in terms of science and technology.

Michael Faraday, Thomas Edison that invented many things was not a phd or a full time graduate. Nothing to celebrate about phd or other academic titles/ bragging rights.

Even sir Isaac Newton, that lead the scientific foundation that started modern industrial revolution was a self studied scientist. The list goes on and on.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by kareemkamil(m): 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
Abroad PHD easy to collect na
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Entanglement: 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
TONYE001:

Lolz. How uninformed some of us are without knowing it.

Everyone can't go into business, sir. And, PhD is not just about making money, it's about solving problems. The knowledge you apply in your tailoring and poultry business are contributions of people's research.

how many problems PhD holder don solve for naija? undecided
Dey talk I dey hear!

Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by ofwest47(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
Congratulations to both of you your son will soon become a professor
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Supersymetry: 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
rinzylee:

God bless you for educating this generation that is so fixated on money only. They don't understand that education is the bedrock of advancement.

Today we don't have education but schooling, schooling to obtain certificare/title. In most cases school destroys advancement, in a situation where a particular society pays attention to the certificate than the knowledge involved like the situation in Nigeria, it becomes a burden.

To advance you just need knowledge and thinking ability, then research, not academic titles.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Entanglement: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2023
rinzylee:

ASUU strike is one of the bedrock of educational advancement kok! grin
Make Una dey decieve Una self! For Nigeria. Education is dead and PhD or whatsoever is just a waste of time and resources!

Since when I got my job through connection! I just pity people aiming for education undecided
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by BackFromBalablu: 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
best couples go ever.
Not those miscrants on tik tok sharing tooth brush and doing matching outfits with nothing in their head undecided
More grace and progress smiley
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Entanglement: 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
Supersymetry:

Today we don't have education but schooling, schooling to obtain certificare/title. In most cases school destroys advancement, in a situation where a particular society pays attention to the certificate than the knowledge involved like the situation in Nigeria, it becomes a burden.

To advance you just need knowledge and thinking ability, then research, not academic titles.
help me tell that guy ohh!
Later na them go become lecturer dey fvvck fvvck small small girls for school up and down
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by rinzylee(m): 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
Entanglement:
ASUU strike is one of the bedrock of educational advancement kok! grin
Make Una dey decieve Una self! For Nigeria. Education is dead and PhD or whatsoever is just a waste of time and resources!

Since when I got my job through connection! I just pity people aiming for education undecided

Don't worry I needn't argue with thee!!!

Education is beyond reading and writing exams!
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by rinzylee(m): 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2023
Supersymetry:

Yeah certainly beyond titles.

When you live in a very developed clime, you would definitely appreciate the real meaning of PhD.

Even technology is driven by research and experiments.

Education is a big round ball that may pass through a school or nay.
Re: Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day by Supersymetry: 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
rinzylee:

Yeah certainly beyond titles.

When you live in a very developed clime, you would definitely appreciate the real meaning of PhD.

Even technology is driven by research and experiments.

Education is a big round ball that may pass through a school or nay.

You are contradicting yourself,
The problem with Nigeria is pure lack of proper understanding, shallow mentality and copy copy altitude.
Copying without thinking, you mention developed countries, do we have the same problem with them, of course no, then why do we copy them at all cost, copy at the cost of destroying our society, the result is that lectures have become demigods, sexual exploitation, empty headed graduate, electrical engineers that doesn't have the required electrical knowledge, civil engineers that are substandard, substandard doctors, chemical engineer that doesn't know how to synthesize simple chemicals the reason we import people from outside to do everything standard, the list goes on and on.
Eg Nigeria society of engineers can get our iron and steel industry working, something that other people did thousands or hundreds of years ago, things they did even in Nigeria without school certificate though on a small scale, now lost the ability with certificate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria / Check Your JSCE Result Online / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.