Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,140 members, 7,863,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

Saving Money On A Tight Budget - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Saving Money On A Tight Budget (188 Views)

Godfrey Okoye University Bans Artificial Eyelashes, Fingernails, Tight Fittings / NDU Student Laments As Rat "Chops" Her 30k Inside A Saving Box In Amassoma / Dress Code: UNILORIN Bans Hair Attachment, Sagging, Tight Trousers, Skimpy Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saving Money On A Tight Budget by Mariamojo: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2023
The Smart Money Woman book series is simply a book full of gems; the financial nuggets I’ve gotten from the books are what you won’t even be taught in school. It has helped me see that being financially literate is important, and I’m glad some initiatives in Nigeria are financially educating the youth; we need it. One of the important things I learnt from the book was that saving is very important regardless of how little you earn. This means being able to put some money aside for future use while also making sure you have enough to cover your daily expenses. For example, if you earn a small income, you can still save some money by cutting back on unnecessary expenses such as buying expensive clothes or eating out at restaurants. Instead, you can prepare your meals at home, use public transportation instead of owning a car, and shop for deals and discounts.

Another way to save money is to set financial goals and create a budget that prioritises your needs and wants. Setting a specific amount of money aside each month allows you to gradually build up your savings and achieve your financial goals, such as purchasing a home or starting a small business. Saving money when the one you earn isn’t even enough to cover your daily expenses is very hard, no lies, but it can pay off in the long run.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Solving This Quadratic Equation / Get A Professional Business Website For Free Only To The First 5 Clients! / Do You Need A Website Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.