Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra (62979 Views)

Sunday Igboho Was Released On Health Ground / The Moment Sowore Was Released By DSS (Video) / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by zelnababa(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
Everyday, every week, every month d Obi supporters re loosing re reasonable Yorubas support, Obi supporters is nothing but pure Igbo agenda, but God pass them ASIWAJU is coming on 29th of may. Una go cry tire.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Princewell2012(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
I don't even know If I will call it old age or something else. Why will he Even nurture the thought of debating With daiti honestly am not getting it.

He mess everything up by himself. That's all I see here. Maybe he should find a way to Deny it. My thought though
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Masterito:
Na he wasn't specific in the criticism of the tribalistic behavior by certain persons but was specific in calling out Obidients and Datti. He was clearly bias.
That is only "bias" if you equate being "Obidient" with either ethnicity or with having a monopoly on the truth. In either case, such a belief is clearly fascistic in attitude, which is indeed what Soyinka was saying.

Watch the interview again. There are many people to criticize in the APC, such as FFK, Bayo, MC Oluomo etc but he never did. To call for a debate with the LP vice candidate was were he messed up totally.
Why? Why is he obliged to personally name-check every single person in the APC for his criticisms to be valid? And how is it "messed up" to hold to account a man who was aiming to be the second-most powerful person in Nigeria? All I see here is "whataboutism" and an absolute intolerance of criticism, precisely the fascistic attitude Soyinka had a problem with in "Obidients". Soyinka clearly criticized the APC in Lagos, but the only people out slandering him are "Obidients" too thin-skinned to handle anything other than unqualified praise.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Masterito(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yet he did spot the xenophobic and tribalistic attitude of BAT supporters. See Soyinka is bias. I was not shocked to see he once benefited from Tinubu. He spoke like the APC spokesperson. He was clearly selective in his criticism.
omohayek:

That is only "bias" if you equate being "Obidient" with either ethnicity or with having a monopoly on the truth. In either case, such a belief is clearly fascistic in attitude, which is indeed what Soyinka was saying.

Why? Why is he obliged to personally name-check every single person in the APC for his criticisms to be valid? And how is it "messed up" to hold to account a man who was aiming to be the second-most powerful person in Nigeria? All I see here is "whataboutism" and an absolute intolerance of criticism, precisely the fascistic attitude Soyinka had a problem with in "Obidients". Soyinka clearly criticized the APC in Lagos, but the only people out slandering him are "Obidients" too thin-skinned to handle anything other than unqualified praise.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by chiedozie198100: 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
wole soyinka is a CIA agent that has been planted in nigeria since the '60s.
it takes a very keen eye to know that this man is an agent of distablization.

he always appears where and when there is chaos of some sort in nigeria.

if you know you know.

even Fela told him to his face that he was an agent of the western nations.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by JetStar: 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Omokri must be a fool if he thinks LP are Biafrans. There are many that supported LP who are not Biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by chaloskyx: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Okay he supported our grand parents then but isn't supporting the new generation of Igbo's now right? so our future should be held back cause of his past deeds that sounds like using blackmail or hold down people due to a few good deeds you did for our grand parents thanks for your efforts in helping the older generation those are the ones that owe you something not the new ones cause all the older generations are responsible for the suffering and mess the younger Nigerian generation are passing through so if soyinka needs people to kiss his as and bow to his terms he should go and meet his mates not the new generation of igbos
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
Cultist
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by jasent(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:
Below is the interview he granted when he was released from prison after he was imprisoned for almost 22 months for advocating for the Biafran people.

The irony here is that the same people are now calling him a tribal bigot just because he condemn the manner with which the Obidient kids abuse everyone and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q764QyvOEdw&pp=ygUgV29sZSBzb3lpbmthIHJlbGVhc2UgZnJvbSBwcmlzb24%3D
And so? He should not be corrected when he is wrong. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by TrumpDonald2: 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:
Soyinka has done so much for Nigeria's democracy.

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

I am vindicated for taking a stance against masked fascism.

Clap for yourself, then continue deceiving yourself.
If being 'Obidient' means standing up against evil and corruption and staring it in the eyes, then yes, 'Obidient' is what the country needs now.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by TrumpDonald2: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
jasent:
And so? He should not be corrected when he is wrong. Nonsense

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
No mind the fool. Tinubu ochiins are mostly retards. Just dey observe them by their comments.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Mrnairalandd: 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Any Yoruba man who choose to help these pigs called Igbos deserve whatever they get in return.

Animals ll always remained Animals no matter how much you try to make them humans

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Oluwaseunomo: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

He no get at thing .. what’s he did then is what they youths are doing now .. and he sentimentally wants to discourage them ..

No be only am be champion bro

He’s time is way past

Forget award

Adichie is making waves .. with lots of other youths and people at this time

Make he be champion .. but to me and million others .. ship has sailed long ago..

Even his pirate nondey support his foolishness
You're a big fool let the useless birch adichie collect Nobel laureate before you compare her to soyinka
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Kwinity(f): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
samsononyilo:
I'm tired of this country.
i tire pass u oh! Which way Nigeria?
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by jaxxy(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:
Soyinka has done so much for Nigeria's democracy.

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

I am vindicated for taking a stance against masked fascism.

apc or tinubu will mislead and compromise good people and divide Nigeria all in a bid to hold power which they lost.

it so sad wole soyiinka is caught in the middle of thos inordinate quest for power by one man against doing the right thing abd saving our democracy for political bandits and hooligans.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Ofemmanu1: 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
samsononyilo:
I'm tired of this country.
Na Igbo dey spoil this country
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by donprinyo(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
money is the root of all evil.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by kokomilala(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
When Too Much Hospitality And Kindness Become A Problem

There are moments when one should appraise one's kindness and goodwill towards other people. Someone once posted on Facebook that women don't appreciate kindness. I think that's also true of the Igbos.

Looking at the sacrifice that Soyinka made for these hate-filled people some generations ago, one would wonder why these fascist narcissists from the East scorn him so much.

I've interacted with a number of Igbo people, and none was happy about Soyinka winning the coveted Nobel prize.

I've read some of Achebe's works: Things Fall Apart, No Longer At Ease, Arrow of God and one other that I've forgotten now. I think Achebe was a much better story teller, novelist than Soyinka. But I believe Soyinka is a much better, all round writer than Achebe. His cuts across much of the genres of literature with ease: prose, playwriting and poetry.

Some have even argued, and justifiably so in some quaters that Soyinka was William Shakespeare reborn, since they have the same initials.

Without promoting Yoruba nationalism or ethnic jingoism here, I think the Yoruba should, as a matter of necessity, re-appraise their relationship with the Igbos. I don't see any reason why one
should continue to be 'nice' to people who don't appreciate it, so much that they arrogantly taunt you with in-the-face taunts of ' Lagos is no man's land'

Achebe, as much as I liked him and his works, was a bigot, who never forgave Awolowo for his deft idea of economic blockade,which swung the war in favour of the federalist troops. So, he hated Awolowo as much as he hated Soyinka, even though he was a product of the West, University College, Ibadan, now University of Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by shinealight(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
I get am before no be property

Soyinka jones and fool himself .. he deserve whatever he get..

That’s fact

No sentiment on board thr ship.. as a captain
He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Guess old age has caught up with him.. now his senses has gone tribal

Even his own pirates .. reason way better than him..

Abeg op shift

Modified ;

See as them dey my mention boiling with hate and bitterness..because truth is so bitter to them

Them Dey expect me to worship their own God with dem..

But same humans are all over the place hailing Olumo and his useless gangs

If Una want make Una curse, abuse ,hate .. riot .. mad .. e no stop this truth

Neither e stop illegality of asiwaju and Turn inec legal
Or make Soyinka not to be disrespected … one who plays with child get dirty

And the very foolish of all insults is that they’re all blaming igbos and believe Odin na igbo being .. once you no agree with them .. you don become igbo … there .. nightmares ..

Insecurities is high

Keep dreaming and sleeping on bike

Soyinka remains a clannish tribal human.. no matter the status… he’s name na wole ..

Haters keep spewing trash gibberish

You guys should continue abusing all those who have fought on your side and you would end up alone and the cause you’re fighting would also be lost. I bet you would soon start abusing the Afenifere Leader who has supported Obi all through the campaign for Presidency.
That’s what Obi’s non-Igbo supporters should all expect as their fate while dealing with people with short fuse and very short memory! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by donprinyo(m): 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Na Igbo dey spoil this country
weed u mean?
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by blakkydikky(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
I get am before no be property

Soyinka jones and fool himself .. he deserve whatever he get..

That’s fact

No sentiment on board thr ship.. as a captain
He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Guess old age has caught up with him.. now his senses has gone tribal

Even his own pirates .. reason way better than him..

Abeg op shift

Modified ;

See as them dey my mention boiling with hate and bitterness..because truth is so bitter to them

Them Dey expect me to worship their own God with dem..

But same humans are all over the place hailing Olumo and his useless gangs

If Una want make Una curse, abuse ,hate .. riot .. mad .. e no stop this truth

Neither e stop illegality of asiwaju and Turn inec legal
Or make Soyinka not to be disrespected … one who plays with child get dirty

And the very foolish of all insults is that they’re all blaming igbos and believe Odin na igbo being .. once you no agree with them .. you don become igbo … there .. nightmares ..

Insecurities is high

Keep dreaming and sleeping on bike

Soyinka remains a clannish tribal human.. no matter the status… he’s name na wole ..

Haters keep spewing trash gibberish

.... Well, as you said you're not an Igbo's but you've their DNA, which is stupidity.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Loverboi2cute(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wole Soyinka Has disgraced his grey hair..na today i know say na big fôol eem be
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Odin13: 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
shinealight:

You guys should continue abusing all those who have fought on your side and you would end up alone and the cause you’re fighting would also be lost. I bet you would soon start abusing the Afenifere Leader who has supported Obi all through the campaign for Presidency.
That’s what Obi’s non-Igbo supporters should all expect as their fate while dealing with people with short fuse and very short memories! cool cool

Says a Yoruba man..

Trust me igbos learnt from southwest.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by babywhite(f): 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mrnairalandd:
Any Yoruba man who choose to help these pigs called Igbos deserve whatever they get in return.

Animals ll always remained Animals no matter how much you try to make them humans
And so this isn't bullying.....
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by babywhite(f): 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

And so this isn't bullying.....
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by babywhite(f): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
Oluwaseunomo:

You're a big fool let the useless birch adichie collect Nobel laureate before you compare her to soyinka

And this isn't bullying?
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by deji17: 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
May Biafra be actualized very soon. This one Nigeria does not make sense.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:
Below is the interview he granted when he was released from prison after he was imprisoned for almost 22 months for advocating for the Biafran people.

The irony here is that the same people are now calling him a tribal bigot just because he condemn the manner with which the Obidient kids abuse everyone and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q764QyvOEdw&pp=ygUgV29sZSBzb3lpbmthIHJlbGVhc2UgZnJvbSBwcmlzb24%3D
some of you lack logical reasoning, so obidient are now only Igbos? For the fact that he advocated for Biafra should make him a demigod to the ibos,
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by shinealight(m): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

Says a Yoruba man..

Trust me igbos learnt from southwest.

Instead of weeping about your wasted life, you’re here talking of who you learnt from…as if that will save you from Hell fire! undecided undecided
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Gajagojo: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
A wild animal will always be a wild animal no matter how much love you show it one they they will turn on you
Always ungrateful,crude ,subcultures and uncivilized.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Zwanzig: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
uncleade:
Obi himself know that his enemies are the so called obidients. Only that he can not voice it out for the fears of loosing them or them going against him, he has no choice than to keep following them like a goat. They are so senseless that even If Obi himself attempt to call them to order, he may lose them. What a race with primitive behavior. Shame shame.
ur mum is a she-goat who was r@ped by a bulldog b4 she birthed you
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Tochj(m): 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1644405709562429442?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA

CC: Mynd44
Can someone tell omokri that obidients movement is not about Igbos.
Obi won in 2 Northern States and Abuja.
Won votes all over Nigeria inspite of massive riggings.
Soyinka didn't do well at all
Let us tell ourselves the truth and stop hiding under Tribalism to do and support Evil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CCTV Footage Of Unknown Gunmen Attack On Army Checkpoint In Ebonyi (Pics, Video) / 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari / Bala Mohammed Weds Natasha Mariana, His Lebanese 2nd Wife (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.