Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra (62969 Views)

Sunday Igboho Was Released On Health Ground / The Moment Sowore Was Released By DSS (Video) / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Gajagojo: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
Sltp:
Never you try to compare Soyinka and Achebe. Achebe is 100x better than Soyinka in everything. Achebe is not after prizes, money and offers. He turned down several offers in his lifetime. To talk about envy because of a prize shows you know nothing about Achebe
He was not good enough to win the Nobel prize
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Zwanzig: 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mrnairalandd:
Any Yoruba man who choose to help these pigs called Igbos deserve whatever they get in return.

Animals ll always remained Animals no matter how much you try to make them humans
u are obviously a product of inter breeding btwn a chimp and a pitbull.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Zwanzig: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
blakkydikky:
.... Well, as you said you're not an Igbo's but you've their DNA, which is stupidity.
ur mother has the brain of an insect and ur dad is brainless like ur stup1d self.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Naruto87(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
I get am before no be property

Soyinka jones and fool himself .. he deserve whatever he get..

That’s fact

No sentiment on board thr ship.. as a captain
He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Guess old age has caught up with him.. now his senses has gone tribal

Even his own pirates .. reason way better than him..

Abeg op shift

Modified ;

See as them dey my mention boiling with hate and bitterness..because truth is so bitter to them

Them Dey expect me to worship their own God with dem..

But same humans are all over the place hailing Olumo and his useless gangs

If Una want make Una curse, abuse ,hate .. riot .. mad .. e no stop this truth

Neither e stop illegality of asiwaju and Turn inec legal
Or make Soyinka not to be disrespected … one who plays with child get dirty

And the very foolish of all insults is that they’re all blaming igbos and believe Odin na igbo being .. once you no agree with them .. you don become igbo … there .. nightmares ..

Insecurities is high

Keep dreaming and sleeping on bike

Soyinka remains a clannish tribal human.. no matter the status… he’s name na wole ..

Haters keep spewing trash gibberish

A generation without respect. To insult a man probably old enough to be your grand dad and who stood for justice before you were born.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Zwanzig: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Shut tf up u hare-brained 1ngrate. U hide under the guise of objectivity to subtly exhibit ur tribalism. Why didnt soyinka speak against buhari cum apc treasonable sentiments in 2011 and 15 ? Abi he was oblivous of what happened then. Fyi. Things Fall Apart that has been translated into over 50 lang is bigger all soyinka books combined. Theres a reason Achebe is widely considered as father of African literature u egg. Fucking tribalistic sonofab!tch [quote author=kokomilala post=122404223]When Too Much Hospitality And Kindness Beco

There are moments when one should appraise one's kindness and goodwill towards other people. Someone once posted on Facebook that women don't appreciate kindness. I think that's also true of the Igbos.

Looking at the sacrifice that Soyinka made for these hate-filled people some generations ago, one would wonder why these fascist narcissists from the East scorn him so much.

I've interacted with a number of Igbo people, and none was happy about Soyinka winning the coveted

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Zwanzig: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
kokomilala:
When Too Much Hospitality And Kindness Become A Problem

There are moments when one should appraise one's kindness and goodwill towards other people. Someone once posted on Facebook that women don't appreciate kindness. I think that's also true of the Igbos.

Looking at the sacrifice that Soyinka made for these hate-filled people some generations ago, one would wonder why these fascist narcissists from the East scorn him so much.

I've interacted with a number of Igbo people, and none was happy about Soyinka winning the coveted prize.

I've read some of Achebe's works: Things Fall Apart, No Longer At Ease, Arrow of God and one other that I've forgotten now. I think Achebe was a much better story teller, novelist than Soyinka. But I believe Soyinka is a much better, all round writer than Achebe. His cuts across much of the genres of literature with ease: prose, playwriting and poetry.

Some have even argued, and justifiably so in some quaters that Soyinka was William Shakespeare reborn, since they have the same initials.

Without promoting Yoruba nationalism or ethnic jingoism here, I think the Yoruba should, as a matter of necessity, re-appraise their relationship with the Igbos. I don't see any reason why one
should continue to be 'nice' to people who don't appreciate it, so much that they arrogantly taunt you with in-the-face taunts of ' Lagos is no man's land'

Achebe, as much as I liked him and his works, was a bigot, who never forgave Awolowo for his deft idea of economic blockade,which swung the war in favour of the federalist troops. So, he hated Awolowo as much as he hated Soyinka, even though he was a product of the West, University College, Ibadan, now University of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by sulaak(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The blame should go their parents. The parents of those Igbo youths insulting Prof failed their children not Prof. They do not even appreciate any good done to them.

They never told them about Wole Soyinka, Fajuyi, Victor Banjo and Yoruba landlords who returned their rents and properties to them after the Nigerian civil war.Their parents fed them with hate and victim mentality even in a land they are critical stakeholders. Today, the Igbo has gone from being one of the big 3 to become number 5 behind Hausa, Yoruba,Fulani and Ijaw.

Hopefully, Reno will help educate them so they can tell their own children that they were wrongly indoctrinated to hate others. The Igbo youths brought up well to be self confident and love other Nigerians, I salute you and your parents.
check my signature for free stuffs!

They are ungrateful people and will soon regret their behaviour. Their attack Yoruba and Soyinka will never be forgotten.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by samsononyilo(m): 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
Kwinity:
i tire pass u oh! Which way Nigeria?

E dey obvious say this country no go better again, till we go our separate ways, the division along ethnic lines too much.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by samsononyilo(m): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Na Igbo dey spoil this country

Yes, na igbo be bandits for North West, boko haram for North East, militants for Niger delta and agbero for South west😂😂😂

Igbo no spoil anything, Nigeria dn too dey divided along ethnic and religious line.. You will call me igbo now because I talk true.. 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by bizzibodi(m): 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Who told reno that was the same wole soyinka...his he d only one bearing wole soyinka in yorubaland?
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Jorryy(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Same way I'm laughing at Falz, Ojo, Debo n co...
When this uncultured n ma**erless children turn against them... I will be bold to say I told you so.
If you see this children of hate n perdition run for them
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Ogatobe: 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Na the advert my eye enter for the news paper. I had to Google when naira was first introduced. Very interesting...
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by blakkydikky(m): 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
Zwanzig:
ur mother has the brain of an insect and ur dad is brainless like ur stup1d self.
... You could see I said nothing but the truth and I would have sent you back to your pigs parents but you're nothing but a baby factory's product .
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by olatuns2017: 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1644405709562429442?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA

CC: Mynd44

All Yorubas supporting igbos political amateurs , una go regret am!
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by kokomilala(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
@Zwanzig, second guessing your psychopathology wasn't difficult for me. And, it's clear that you're either one of the knackered Obidients or you're a neo- Obidient. At any rate, you're not different from the other fascist narcissists in the Obi league- brainwashed and politically conditioned to believe that this political space- Nigeria- could only be led by Obi.

I've seen through your psychology and visceral that
you cannot think independently. You only feed on what is passed down to you as RECEIVED wisdom or ideas etc, etc.

Talking about WS and Achebe, I had, in my previous post analyzed where their strengths lay. Yes, Things Fall Apart is among the greatest novels of all time. But Achebe's works after that fell short of the heights Things Fall Apart strained.

On the other hand, Soyinka has straddled the genres of literature, either in its written form or its spoken version. He mastered the craft of poetic playwriting the like of which had not been seen since the time of Christopher Marlowe, who invented it and William Shakespeare who perfected it. Read the play that clinched the Nobel Prize for him in 1986, DEATH AND THE KING'S HORSEMAN and you'll see how special WS is in his craft.

Going by the rabid vitriol you poured on me, I think you need to appreciate certain things and not always see things from your lens of impulsive defensiveness .

You called me a tribalist. No, I'm not. But a Yoruba nationist, yes. I no longer believe in the failed project called Nigeria.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by mrkingjerry(m): 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:
See the jealous Achebe below and Prof Wole Soyinka statement on how surprised he was with Achebe’s comment when he won the Nobel Prize.

You dis apc paid criminal, how much were your jobless ass paid , to be masturbating in every tread on naira land to be projecting hate? Thunder Fire you there
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by LegendHero(m): 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
mrkingjerry:

You dis apc paid criminal, how much were your jobless ass paid , to be masturbating in every tread on naira land to be projecting hate? Thunder Fire you there

If your family have someone of my status within their midst, they will be doing thanksgiving in church every weekend.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Styx01: 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Never knew reno doesn't have a single brain.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Skty: 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:
Soyinka has done so much for Nigeria's democracy.

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

I am vindicated for taking a stance against masked fascism.

U nor get sense. If he did treason for Biafra so he shouldn't go to jail? Let me go and kill for Tinubu then. If I won't be held responsible.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Skty: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Zerooffence:

You deserve to be roasted. Eranko Omo jati jati

U are supposed to be eaten like corn 🌽 and ekpa
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by middlebelter(m): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1644405709562429442?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA

CC: Mynd44

They are not only being ungrateful to Wole Soyinka but the entire Yoruba race. Next time Yorubas will learn to teach thier children how to be careful when they want to give political support to an Igbo man. It is that bad! Yes, there are very good Igbo but now we have to use the law of large number and from experience, supporting them may not be the best option. See this Obi they are talking about his mandate, more than 50% of the vote that made him lead Lagos was cast by Yorubas that probably did not know how Col Banjo was rewarded by Ojukwu for fighting for Biafra, How to date know Igbo social-cultural organization has deemed it fit to recognize the supreme sacrifice of loyalty paid by Fajuyi when he choose to die with Ironsi if they do not spear him,instead they are quick to tag the entire Yoruba race as a betrayal. I hope the recenty attack on Soyinka will teach the Yoruba Obidients follower some lessons. I hope they will remember the 5 Nigerian Major and how they choose to exceute the coup killing only Hausas and Yorubas to spearthe Igbo?
Lessons! lessons!! Lessions!!!
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by adeniyi65(m): 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
How can i win the 6000 euro please
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 12:09am On Apr 10, 2023
Masterito:
Yet he did spot the xenophobic and tribalistic attitude of BAT supporters. See Soyinka is bias. I was not shocked to see he once benefited from Tinubu. He spoke like the APC spokesperson. He was clearly selective in his criticism.
Nothing in this gibberish addresses any of the points I made, proving yet again what is obvious to anyone with half a brain: "bias" is what you budding fascists cry whenever anyone dares to deviate in the slightest from your point of view.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by TheZooHasFalln: 12:33am On Apr 10, 2023
LegendHero:
Below is the interview he granted when he was released from prison after he was imprisoned for almost 22 months for advocating for the Biafran people.

The irony here is that the same people are now calling him a tribal bigot just because he condemn the manner with which the Obidient kids abuse everyone and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q764QyvOEdw&pp=ygUgV29sZSBzb3lpbmthIHJlbGVhc2UgZnJvbSBwcmlzb24%3D
Inconsistency and Cameronism attitude is obviously natural with the Yorubas, Soyinka another confirmation after Femi Fani Kayode, Showore and Reno Omokri who has his maternal grandfather in Yoruba.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by yom2(m): 12:49am On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

He no get at thing .. what’s he did then is what they youths are doing now .. and he sentimentally wants to discourage them ..

No be only am be champion bro

He’s time is way past

Forget award

Adichie is making waves .. with lots of other youths and people at this time

Make he be champion .. but to me and million others .. ship has sailed long ago..

Even his pirate nondey support his foolishness
OK u mean he was blindly insulting everybody and everything that does not align with his point of view

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by yom2(m): 12:52am On Apr 10, 2023
Thanksful:
What he did is what he doesn't want others to do. His time is expired. He has lost his patriotism
OK his time has passed? Na u biko.! U are the d reigning young champion
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by adekolaelect(m): 2:38am On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

That’s fact

He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Abeg op shift

Modified ;

See as them dey my mention boiling with hate and bitterness..because truth is so bitter to them

And the very foolish of all insults is that they’re all blaming igbos and believe Odin na igbo being .. once you no agree with them .. you don become igbo … there .. nightmares ..

Insecurities is high

Soyinka remains a clannish tribal human.. no matter the status… he’s name na wole ..

A statement from nowadays children of no respect. So bcs Soyinka doesn't go your ways today means you can Insult him now days in the name of politics . Soyinka went to jail bcs of Biafra while you Cowardice Ojuwkhu ran away . Small kids can't reason well bcs they lack histories.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by goslowgoslow(m): 4:22am On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

That’s fact

He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Abeg op shift

Modified ;

Insecurities is high

This one doesn't have a single common sense.... Calling Soyinka a tribalists show how low you are. Anyways you are a kid even your father doesn't know anything about Soyinka talkless of an embryo like you.
You begin write rubbish about somebody you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by goslowgoslow(m): 4:25am On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

He no get at thing .. what’s he did then is what they youths are doing now .. and he sentimentally wants to discourage them ..

No be only am be champion bro

He’s time is way past

Forget award

Adichie is making waves .. with lots of other youths and people at this time

Make he be champion .. but to me and million others .. ship has sailed long ago..

Even his pirate nondey support his foolishness
This guy is sick.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by goslowgoslow(m): 4:29am On Apr 10, 2023
Sltp:
Never you try to compare Soyinka and Achebe. Achebe is 100x better than Soyinka in everything. Achebe is not after prizes, money and offers. He turned down several offers in his lifetime. To talk about envy because of a prize shows you know nothing about Achebe
Chai na wa o... Abeg God divide this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Boko Haram Infected Me With HIV/AIDS, VVF, During Marathon Sex In Sambisa" / Photo Of Boy Who Stood In Front Of Obi’s Convoy Fraudulently Put Up For Sale / 2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.