Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million (1178 Views)

9 Cheapest Toyota Cars You Can Buy For ₦1 Million Or Less / Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Procedures To Drive In A Nigeria Registered Car To Ghana Through The Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Grit2943(m): 7:37am On Apr 08, 2023
Good morning everyone.
Please I need advice on the brand and model of a Tokunbo car that I can buy for #2.1 million.
Thank you
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by amdoyin82(m): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2023
You will get a clean nija used Big Daddy Camry or corrola 04/05 for that rate

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Mrsoft3(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2023
Grit2943:
Good morning everyone.
Please I need advice on the brand and model of car that I can buy for #2.1 million.
Thank you

If you have the patience and a trusted one abroad buy it there and send it to Nigeria.

The car dealers we have in Nigeria are simply not helping matters, they have inflated a Nigeria used car by 100percent. It’s so unfair.

But then you can hunt for distress sale and get a good deal for that money, a Corolla 2006, Camry 2007, Honda accord 2010 , Lexus 2004, Mazda cdx.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by robinso01(m): 8:18am On Apr 08, 2023
You can't see a brand new car for that price.
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Grit2943(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2023
amdoyin82:
You will get a clean nija used Big Daddy Camry or corrola 04/05 for that rate
Thank you very much
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Grit2943(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2023
Mrsoft3:

If you have the patience and a trusted one abroad buy it there and send it to Nigeria.

The car dealers we have in Nigeria are simply not helping matters, they have inflated a Nigeria used car by 100percent. It’s so unfair.

But then you can hunt for distress sale and get a good deal for that money, a Corolla 2006, Camry 2007, Honda accord 2010 , Lexus 2004, Mazda cdx.
Thank you very much.
I am grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Grit2943(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2023
robinso01:
You can't see a brand new car for that price.
Sure I am aware of that. It is Tokunbo cars I am referring to.
Thank you
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by aninweze(m): 9:08am On Apr 08, 2023
Mrsoft3:

You are living in 2015.
That money will only be enough to clear the vehicle.

8 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by aninweze(m): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2023
Grit2943:
Thank you
Search for a fairly used Camry 2003 - 2006; in good condition. Get a COMPETENT mechanic to inspect it, do not be cheap.

You will not regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Trustme2(m): 9:11am On Apr 08, 2023
Mrsoft3:

Bros are you serious? Ship a car from abroad with N2.1m Hmmmm. I laugh grin grin grin grin Shipping and towing alone should be about $2k that's about 1.5m . Clearing in Nigetia is minimum N1m. So how about the cost of the car? You guys think dealers make a lot of money on cars. Some don't make even 100k trust me. I don't want to talk too much sha.
But let me break it down small. With $1= N750 Assuming you buy a 2006 Corolla at auction for $1.8k that's N1.350m shipping&towing for $1.8k that's another 1.350m
Then clearing for N1.2minimum. That's about N3.9m for a 06/07 Corolla. This is aside minor repairs and profit. Pls cut these dealers a slack if u don't know how these things work. The truth is our currency is valueless simple. Leave dealers and blame your government

14 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Grit2943(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2023
aninweze:

Search for a fairly used Camry 2003 - 2006; in good condition. Get a COMPETENT mechanic to inspect it, do not be cheap.

You will not regret it.
Thank you very much.
I am very grateful.
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Trustme2(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2023
Grit2943:
Good morning everyone.
Please I need advice on the brand and model of a Tokunbo car that I can buy for #2.1 million.
Thank you

This can only get you a Nigerian uses car. No Tokunbo car I repeat no car no mater how small it is can be sold at that price now. Don't be scamed

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by buygala(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2023
Grit2943:
Thank you

Whatever it is you do, don't listen to the advice of that guy up there telling you to import a vehicle with your 2.1m budget..

First off, lowest custom duty for any vehicle imported into Nigeria presently is 1.4m..Then what kind of vehicle can one buy in the abroad, truck to shipping location and ship all within your remnant budget of 700k naira which is less than 1k Dollars? grin..

This hasn't even taken into account the possibility of your overseas plug shipping you a lemon knowingly or unknowingly , and the possible cost of replacing the vehicle parts vandalised before shipping or upon arrival in Nigerian ports, plus all the small small fees you will pay to different agberos before the car can exit the Nigerian port... Or the off chance of the ship carrying your vehicle capsizing at high sea, leaving your vehicle resting at the bottom of the ocean.

Before you know what's going on, you might have spent far above what you would have paid if you had simply bought the car in naija, or even lost your entire funds.

Walk into any car stand, make your choice, get a good mech to do pre- purchase inspection for you if you aren't car savvy.. If the vehicle passes the inspection test, request and verify all the vehicle's papers, pay and zoom off.. All these can be done within one afternoon..

Just try to avoid middlemen anywhere, more especially most nairaland car advertisers as they are middlemen looking to chop profit even more than the vehicle owners...

If you can get a direct owner of a well maintained naija used vehicle make of your choice, the better for you.. Some Nigerian used cars are in far better condition than the scrapheaps called Toks in naija.

Waka comot buy moto wey u dey see korokoro.. No let anybody push you to buy monkey wey dey ontop tree all in the name of bypassing car dealers.. Comparing the stress and possible risks associated with importing a vehicle, it's far wiser and cheaper to allow the car dealer his 150-200k profit and carry your moto quietly.

17 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Grit2943(m): 9:37am On Apr 08, 2023
buygala:

Whatever it is you do, don't listen to the advice of that guy up there telling you to import a vehicle with your 2.1m budget..

First off, lowest custom duty for any vehicle imported into Nigeria presently is 1.4m..Then what kind of vehicle can one buy in the abroad, truck to shipping location and ship all within your remnant budget of 700k naira which is less than 1k Dollars? grin..

This hasn't even taken into account the possibility of your overseas plug shipping you a lemon knowingly or unknowingly , and the possible cost of replacing the vehicle parts vandalised before shipping or upon arrival in Nigerian ports, plus all the small small fees you will pay to different agberos before the car can exit the Nigerian port... Or the off chance of the ship carrying your vehicle capsizing at high sea, leaving your vehicle resting at the bottom of the ocean.

Before you know what's going on, you might have spent far above what you would have paid if you had simply bought the car in naija, or even lost your entire funds.

Walk into any car stand, make your choice, get a good mech to do pre- purchase inspection for you if you aren't car savvy.. If the vehicle passes the inspection test, request and verify all the vehicle's papers, pay and zoom off.. All these can be done within one afternoon..

Just try to avoid middlemen anywhere, more especially most nairaland car advertisers as most are middlemen looking to chop profit even more than the vehicle owners...

If you can get a direct owner of a well maintained naija used vehicle make of your choice, the better for you.. Some Nigerian used cars are in far better condition than the scrapheaps called Toks in naija.

Waka comot buy moto wey u dey see korokoro.. No let anybody push you to buy monkey wey dey ontop tree all in the name of bypassing car dealers.. Comparing the stress and possible risks associated with importing a vehicle, it's far wiser and cheaper to allow the car dealer his 150-200k profit and carry your moto quietly.

You too much baba. Thank you for the detailed analysis.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Obineri55(m): 10:04am On Apr 08, 2023
Grit2943:
Good morning everyone.
Thank you

Do you stay in Lagos and if yes, I might have what you're looking for.

I'm not trying to take advantage or sweet talks but you can come for physical inspection with your mechanic.

If interested you can drop your number so I can call you.
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by seanwilliam(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2023
Carry mechanic along while buying car wether naija or foreign use. Don’t even bother to buy and ship from overseas
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Anchor84: 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
Mrsoft3:

So when you buy,don’t you think of the Custom Duty?No be una Government inflate am na Car dealers?
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by saintsylve(m): 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
buygala:

Just try to avoid middlemen anywhere, more especially most nairaland car advertisers as they are middlemen looking to chop profit even more than the vehicle owners...

This is greatly inspiring and helpful to a soon to be car owners on this forum.
Another angle is if he has contact abroad that can have a good buy for him, though some contact de japa with person money too.
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Trustme2(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
saintsylve:

Another angle is if he has contact abroad that can have a good buy for him, though some contact de japa with person money too.
Even with a sure plug there, you'll still buy $1/N750 and pay towing and shipping in $. Will his contact abroad sell dollar at a cheaper rate. Those people there no dey joke with their money o. They'll sell their $ to you at black market rate. The only thing that can crash the prices of cars for now is when the exchange rate improves if not forget, prices of cars will keep souring mot to talk of customs duty. Minimum you can pay now is N1.2m for any vehicle, that's if you're lucky

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by saintsylve(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Trustme2:
Even with a sure plug there, you'll still buy $1/N750 and pay towing and shipping in $. Will his contact abroad sell dollar at a cheaper rate. Those people there no dey joke with their money o. They'll sell their $ to you at black market rate. The only thing that can crash the prices of cars for now is when the exchange rate improves if not forget, prices of cars will keep souring mot to talk of customs duty. Minimum you can pay now is N1.2m for any vehicle, that's if you're lucky

You are right, the advice is clear enough. I would consider such option too.
Re: Please Advice Me On The Brand and Model Of Car To Buy For #2.1 Million by Bakeydidier: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
If you're looking to import a car, you want to make sure you're working with a reputable and trustworthy company. That's where Dubai Motors Export comes in. With years of experience in the industry and a commitment to providing top-notch service, they're the perfect partner for all your car importing needs.

At Dubai Motors Export, they understand that buying a car is a big investment, and they take that responsibility seriously. That's why they work hard to make the process as seamless and stress-free as possible. From finding the perfect car to handling all the paperwork and logistics, they've got you covered every step of the way.

So why choose Dubai Motors Export? For starters, they have a proven track record of success, with countless satisfied customers around the world. They also offer a wide range of services to meet your unique needs, including shipping, customs clearance, and more. And perhaps most importantly, they're committed to providing the highest level of customer service, so you can always feel confident that you're in good hands.

If you're ready to import a car and want to work with the best, look no further than Dubai Motors Export. Contact them today to learn more and get started!

www.dubaimotorsexport.com 👌

saintsylve:

(1) (Reply)

Clean Registered Honda CR-V 2011 Model Forsale / Sold / Very Clean Golf Mk Ii 4 Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.