Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN (30259 Views)

Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN / Obasa: 64 Bank Accounts Linked To BVN Of Lagos Assembly Speaker- SaharaReporters / Buhari’s Cabinet Members Still Operating Bank Accounts Not Linked To TSA – Maina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by helinues: 11:13am On Apr 08, 2023
nairalanda1:

Your comment reminds me of my old Diamond bank account.

Don't know if I should reactivate the thing...though it is now Access bank...

I also have Diamond acct which I neglected long time..

grin

1 Like

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by codedtony(m): 11:14am On Apr 08, 2023
sonature1:
Why does the CBN allow banks to open account without BVN? I thought this country has grown beyond that stage.
not sure of regular banks but palmpay and opay will let you although i later uploaded my bvn to opay and was able to by pass the age verification

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by blowjohn(m): 11:15am On Apr 08, 2023
obyrich:
Which money again? Banks and ATMs have been paying money all week long.

Which banks and ATM?
Aside that sef network issues are still rampant

1 Like

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by codedtony(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2023
they should focus more on bringing the money circulation back to normal before causing another crisis as i think some market seller's (at least in my area) who didn't have a bank account turned to opay and palmpay and others for banking

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by makavalley(m): 11:20am On Apr 08, 2023
You mean by this time we still have accounts not linked to BVN?...huh!

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by lakefist(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2023
ijustdey:

https://leadership.ng/cbn-to-remove-up-tier-1-accounts-not-linked-to-bvn/

Welcome development.

All these scammers using Opay and Palmpay to scam will reduce.
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by JBoss25(m): 11:24am On Apr 08, 2023
blowjohn:

Which banks and ATM?
Aside that sef network issues are still rampant
are you fr🙄
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by Judolisco(m): 11:28am On Apr 08, 2023
What about the money inside?
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by fineboynl(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2023
obyrich:
Which money again? Banks and ATMs have been paying money all week long.
pos in enugu still charges 500h to withdraw 5k

1 Like

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by appini: 11:43am On Apr 08, 2023
seanwilliam:
Like for cbn share for Buhari

Two dead body nor dey jam demselves

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by coputa(m): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2023
This is a vindictive policy.During the cash crunch/scarcity banks lost many customers because of their poor services, they now opt for the digital banks like:Opay,kudá,palmpay etc because their service are faster and prompt.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by coputa(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2023
fineboynl:
pos in enugu still charges 500h to withdraw 5k
In Lagos, they still charge #200 for 1k
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by coputa(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2023
codedtony:
they should focus more on bringing the money circulation back to normal before causing another crisis as i think some market seller's (at least in my area) who didn't have a bank account turned to opay and palmpay and others for banking
It is difficult, because people are not taking money to the bank to deposit,so CBN keep pumping money into circulation.This will lead to too much money in circulation which will trigger inflation
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by blowjohn(m): 11:54am On Apr 08, 2023
JBoss25:
are you fr🙄

I don't get u?
Are u in Nigeria?
No be UBA I go last week wey cash no dey?
Now 1k note is sold for 100 naira.
5k can be sold for 300 naira .
10k can go for 500 naira if ur lucky.

By the way, the ATM machines are dispensing max of 20k.
If u use a different ATM card, na 2k u fit withdraw per time to meet up to the 20k.

And the queue too much.

So me I still dey resort to POS.

Even to enter bank na wahala

U finally enter, come see crowd.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by codedtony(m): 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2023
coputa:
It is difficult, because people are not taking money to the bank to deposit,so CBN keep pumping money into circulation.This will lead to too much money in circulation which will trigger inflation
what do you call the charges i pay? deflation cry
i see what you mean but at this point i believe inflation is inevitable.
if ATMs started dispensing(more than they are doing now) with a limit on how customer could withdraw i think the cash issue would be eased a bit more but hey what do i know the people who tried to freeze the economy obviously know better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by mechanics(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by oladele239(m): 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
seanwilliam:
Like for cbn share for Buhari

Nd quote for you

Shey lee ya werey ni grin
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by afbstrategies: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
helinues:
I think I have some accounts which are not linked to bvn but not having much there.

The gbedu aza's already linked, so no shit
Let’s hope you’re not into what I’m thinking 🤔 Go ahead and tell us more.
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by Bluntemperor: 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
sonature1:
Why does the CBN allow banks to open account without BVN? I thought this country has grown beyond that stage.

A good question!
So, ask the CBN- how did they open such Accounts in the first instance?
This is just a way to divert the Masses attention from their overall failures in their basic performance!
Why can't they write those who opened the Accounts through Bank Branches or their addresses or call their attention by given them notices before closing it!
CBN need Money urgently,na.
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by eteebanky1: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
ijustdey:

https://leadership.ng/cbn-to-remove-up-tier-1-accounts-not-linked-to-bvn/

This stupid people should return our $100 limit for international transactions
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by IranianSea: 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
Okoroawusa:
Abeg make una release money. No be all these ones we wan hear
I guess you should come out from wherever under the rock you're living and move to where ATM is and use it. Cash is in everywhere to extent that ATMs are deserted.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by Whois(m): 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
Banks are not opening account without bvn, it is the agency banking agents that are fond of opening account without bvn. . Eg Palmpay n opay

sonature1:

1 Like

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by clems88(m): 12:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
That's Thier business. My own why has POS operators refuse to bring down transaction charges to the normal rate even after cash circulation
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by gloryman91: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
What? So there are still accounts not linked to BVN

I wonder o 😁.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by frog12: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
Diamond bank platform no dey work well, people come neglect am.

helinues:

I also have Diamond acct which I neglected long time..

grin
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by jojothaiv(m): 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
sonature1:
I'm more surprised with that stance too, Fintechs or not, BVN should be the basic requirement when opening a new account regardless of the the tier of accounts opened.

But this is Nigeria...
Re: CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN by SaLongs1(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
Emefiele na mumu!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sam Inokoba Is Dead (Ex-Chairman PDP In Bayelsa State) / Justin Welby And Nigeria's Oil: Archbishop Of Canterbury's Connection Revealed / 'There Will Be War If They Rig This Election' - Uche Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.