Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Evangelism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelism (1557 Views)

The Importance Of Evangelism – Pastor Nike Adeyemi / Mad Man Healed During Street Evangelism By RCF Members In Ogun(photos) / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evangelism by Salvation2: 11:33am On Apr 08, 2023
We will be open to invitations to the following:

1. Crusades / Evangelism
2. Church Programs / Guest Speaker
3. Family Deliverance
4. Land / Property Deliverance
5. Dedication Services
6. Prayers / Healings

This will be only possible if the Almighty God approves it. For now, we are going through trainings and seeking His face through fastings/prayers required. We don't know how long it will take but pray for us (my team and I) to be used by the Almighty God to deliver His people.

Lastly we will use this medium to always study Gods word/evangelize using the Redeemed daily devotional guide. Remember CHRISTIANITY is not about the DENOMINATION u belong to, but SALVATION through Jesus Christ, being the center of the massage.

May the Almighty God bless us all. Remember keep ur hands clean, fear the Almighty God, forgive those who have offended u and do good to others including ur enemies!!

Shalom!!!

***Support me by going to my YouTube channel to help click on the like and subscribe botton to promote our free learning channel. It's absolutely free***
@stephenogechi

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
Shalom!
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
DESTINY DESTROYERS: PRIDE I

MEMORISE:
“For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” – (Luke 14:11)

READ: Luke 14:7-11 (KJV)

7.And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them,

8. When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;

9. And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.

10. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

11. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. (Proverbs 29:23)

Pride is one of the greatest destroyers of men - especially those who have achieved something great. That means if the devil wants to bring a great man down, he does not have to bother himself sending witches and wizards to that man; all he has to do is bring out the pride in the man. Proverbs 25:27 says:

It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory.

Seeking glory for yourself will not bring you glory but shame. Stop seeking people to lift you on their shoulders as if you are the best thing to have come into the world; humble yourself. The devil was once a very special arch-angel in heaven, but pride got into his head because of how beautiful he was. He started seeking glory for himself, even the glory of God's own throne. He ended up being brought so low that, at the end of time, he will be locked up in the pit of fire to suffer forever.

The prescription of God for every Christian is to prefer others above yourself in honour. Romans 12:10 says, "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another".

The day you forget that everything you have is given to you by God is the day you begin to decline. Nebuchadnezzar was warned in Daniel 4:24-27 like I am warning you now, but he didn't heed the counsel. Pride rose up in him and he started to boast about the things that God had done through him, calling them his achievements. He was brought so low that he was eating grass with the animals in the bush. James 4:6 says those who want the grace of God to work in their lives must be humble. Be humble, pride is a destiny destroyer.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please destroy the root of pride in my life, in Jesus' name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 6-7.

Shalom!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
DESTINY DESTROYERS: PRIDE, PART 2

MEMORISE:
“But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” James 4:6 (KJV)

READ: 1 PETER 5:6

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

From our memory verse for today, we see that God resists the proud. In other words, God opposes the proud. If the Almighty God is your opponent, how will you ever win? The major problem of proud people is that they don't even know that they are proud. They call it other beautiful names like self-respect, self-confidence, or they say, "I am just honouring my position". Saul was asking Samuel to honour his position in (1 Samuel 15:30) when he lost his throne. David on the other hand danced like a commoner even as king and was mocked by his own wife. He told her, "I am dancing for the One who made me king in the place of your father" (2 Samuel 6:16-21).

During praise and worship, you will know who is proud and who is not. Look at children; because they aren't seeking to protect any position or anything like that, they just praise God, dancing the best way they can. During a service we held in one of the Universities in Nigeria, the Vice Chancellor danced even more than the students. God looked down from heaven and saw that, so when some weeks later the enemy rose up to remove him, the Lord of hosts fought on his behalf and gave him victory. When you humble yourself, God fights your battles for you.

After one of the biggest programmes we ever held - tagged Lekki '98, I got back to the Camp and that night during my prayer walk, between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m., I suddenly heard God say, "Son, bend down and draw the figure of a man in the sand". I drew the figure and then He said, "Stand up and wipe out what you have drawn with your foot". I did that, and then He said, "Son, if you ever forget who is in charge, I will wipe you out and nobody will ever remember you came into the world". It does not matter how high God has taken you, He can bring you down with the snap of His fingers. Proverbs 16:18 says, "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall".

You would be wise to become more humble as you rise, because the higher you go, the greater the fall if you become proud.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please grant unto me the grace and wisdom to humble myself before You from now, in Jesus' name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 KINGS 8-9.

Shalom!!!
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
DESTINY DESTROYERS: LUST

MEMORISE:

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. GALATIANS 5:16

READ: GALATIANS 5:16-17

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Sexual lust has destroyed and is still destroying the destinies of many.

I know there are people who will tell you that even if you fool around sexually, you will still make it to heaven. Don’t let them send you to hell with their false doctrine.

1 Corinthians 3:17 says, “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are’.

You think adultery or fornication is something to be toyed with?

In Numbers 31:1-16, the people of Israel were indestructible because God was solidly behind them, but then the enemy decided to send beautiful ladies into their camp and the people of Israel began to fornicate.

After that, the enemy did not need to do anything; it was God Himself who started destroying them.

If you are lusting after someone you’re not married to, you had better save your destiny by staying away from such a person because that is the strategy of the devil to destroy you.

There are many people suffering all manners of plagues because of fornication and adultery. Don’t be one of them.

If you are old enough for marriage, pray for God’s direction and go through the Church when you want to start your courtship with whomever God has led you to.

You may Say that is ‘old-school’ mentality, but that is what has kept some of us standing and on the right path of destiny for many decades.

It is better to be old-school than to be destroyed. Let the Church be involved in your courtship and make sure that you and your spouse-to-be never meet in private places where you can commit sin.

There are many people who set themselves up to fall into fornication by being too close to the opposite sex or staying alone in private places with them.

Once you notice that you are beginning to lust after someone, declare a fast immediately to kill that lust in your flesh. Lust thrives in secrecy, don’t cover it up.

Beloved, don’t engage in fornication or adultery; don’t defile the temple of God. If you do, you are calling for judgment on yourself.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please put an end to every form of lust in my life, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 KINGS 10-12.

Shalom!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 8:37am On Apr 14, 2023
DESTINY DESTROYERS: FOOD I

MEMORISE:
And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. PROVERBS 23:2

READ: ECCLESIASTES 10:16-17
16 Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning!
17 Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!

It may surprise you that food can also be a destiny destroyer.

"Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things." Philippians 3:19

Some people have turned food to their god. Such persons are so mindful of food that it is the most important thing to them.

There are many Christians who cannot go one day without food. If food controls you, then it is your god and it can destroy you.

Esau was one man who food controlled. He was so controlled by food that he sold his birthright for a plate of porridge.

Jacob on the other hand was willing to stay without the porridge he had cooked in order to get something valuable for the fulfilment of his destiny. Genesis 25:29-34.

If you check that Scripture closely, you will see that Jacob even added bread to the porridge he gave to Esau.

He knew that the moment was a destiny-defining one, so he declared a fast for himself. Because of that seemingly simple transaction,

Esau lost the blessing of his father and missed the chance to have the Israelites as his children.

You may not know it, but sometimes when God asks you to fast, it is because He wants to give you a destiny-fulfilling encounter.

The primary purpose of food is just to give you strength. You are to eat to live, not live to eat.

The Bible says that there is a due season to eat Psalm 145:15. In other words, there are seasons when you should not be eating at all – when you should be fasting.

Do you have such seasons planned into your year? Apostle Paul said he fasted often. 2 Corinthians 11:27. Your fasting must be often.

I have heard some preachers say that Jesus had already fasted for us when He was on earth so we don’t need to fast again.

That is a big lie; read the Bible for yourself. Jesus said in Mark 2:19 that after His ascension, His disciples would fast.

He has ascended, so we must fast. Don’t let food rob you of your God-ordained destiny.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to control my appetite. Give me the grace to fast often.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 KINGS 13-15.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2023
TOPIC: DESTINY DESTROYERS: FOOD 2

MEMORISE:
“All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.” – (1 Corinthians 6:12)

READ: 1 Corinthians 6:12-13 (KJV)
12. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

13. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

When you see some people cutting corners and you ask them, "Why are you doing this?", they say, "I must eat". Today's Bible reading says we must not be brought under the power of anything in this world then went further to show that food is temporary. Don't let something temporary send you to permanent destruction in hell. How often do you fast? Jesus Christ Himself said in Matthew 17:21, "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting". There are problems and demons around you that will not leave except by fasting and prayer. One day in my village, just as I was about to have my favourite dish of pounded yam with combination okro soup, God said to me, "Don't eat, you are to fast today". I argued with Him and ate the food. Just as I finished eating, someone came to call me to pray for my sister who had gotten small pox. You don't face small pox with a belly full of pounded yam. I had to go stick my finger down my throat to throw up the food. Only then was I able to pray for my sister and she was healed.

When God asks you to fast, don't disobey because He has His reasons and it is always for your good. I was never one to fast before. The first time somebody told me that I was to fast for three days and nights without food, I called him a murderer. However, God gave me victory over my belly. I started fasting and little by little, I went from three days to five days and on and on until I started fasting for over forty days and nights. Whenever I am about to start a fast, I mark the days from when the fast is to start to when it ends, point to my stomach and say, "Belly, as from that day, no more food for you until so and so day". When you are on a fast, you'll suddenly be more aware of food around you, but you must resist the temptation to eat and stay focused on your goal.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to consecrate myself unto You in fasting on a regular basis.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 16-18.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
MENTORING THE YOUTH

OPENING PRAYER: Father please empower all leaders to mentor youths in a Godly way.

PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: The leader should remind members making full proof of ministry is a must to have successful spiritual sustenance.

TODAY LESSON :
A. MEMORY VERSE: Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 1 Peter 5:5 (KJV)

B. BIBLE TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 1:5, MATTHEW 28:18-20.

5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. 2Timothy 1:5 (KJV).

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV)

LESSON INTRODUCTION : Mentoring is the process of training, advising young and less experienced with the goal of making them achieve desired goals. Our Lord Jesus Christ, the mentor of mentors Matt 4:19 invited his disciples to his mentoring program "And he saith unto them, follow me and I will Make you fishers of men". His goal was to make them Evangelist sharing the gospel of salvation to all men. By Matt 20:28-20, He had completed his mentoring program, He therefore sent them as evangelists to go and fish for men all over the world and make them his disciples,

All parents, teachers and church leaders have the responsibility to mentor the youths under our care so that they will fulfill divine purposes for their lives. Prov, 22:6. may the holy Spirit teach us the more in Jesus name. Amen

LESSON OUTLINE ONE:

MENTORING YOUTHS BY PARENTS

Prov .22:6"Train up a child in the way he should grow, and when he is old he Will not depart from it ". The home, made up of father, mother and child (ren) is the source and foundation of every child. Every child receives his /her first training and mentoring from his /her parents, brothers, sisters, aunties, uncle's, e t c. that live together. Mentoring your children in the way of the Lord is a focused of exposing them to the knowledge and lifestyle of followers of Jesus Christ parent are expected to do the following:

1. Sharing your faith with your children. Deut. 11:19.

2. Teach your children daily about God. Is 54:13, 2 Tim 3:14-15.

3.Teach them to love the Lord and obey him. Gen.18:19, Prov.22:6, Duet.6:7-8.

4. Befriend your children.

5. Correct them in love.Eph .6:4, Heb. 12:6

6. Live by example.1Tim.14:12, Phil.4:9.

7. Lead your children on daily family Altar.

LESSON OUTLINE TWO:

MENTORING YOUTHS BY THE CHURCH

The church leaders (children and teenage leaders) have the responsibility of mentoring the youth in the way of the Lord. Prov. 22:6

1. Teach them the world of God Prov 9:9, Prov 1:5.

2. Actively listen to them Prov. 11:14, Prov 18:13.

3 Be available 1 Thess 2:8

4. Challenge them with your life. Matt 5:16, 1 Timo 4:12.

5. Follow them up. Prov. 27:23

ACTIVELY: Discuss all that is required, to mentor youths adequately.

SUMMARY: Share your faith with your children and challenge them with your life testimonies to grow their dependence in God in all stages of life

CONCLUSION: Every patient, elder and church Leader has the responsibility of teaching and mentoring the youth to know, live and serve the Lord Jesus. This better accomplishment when you show them by the way we live our lives for Him. 1 Cor 11:1

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, we thank you for all our parents, teachers leaders and pastors in RCCG

2. Father, we ask that you establish your love in hearts of all our parents

3. Father, dwell in all our homes and families and takes the centre stage in Jesus name.

4. Father, let your word dwell richly in the lives of all our youths in Jesus name.

5. Father, let our youths love you and serve you faithful in Jesus name

GOLDEN DIET FOR WEEK

MONDAY: Ephesians 5:18. It is what you have that you can give.

TUESDAY: 1 Corinthians 11:1 be a good example

WEDNESDAY: A leader without follower is just talking a walk.. Are a mentor indeed?

THURSDAY: Are you really showing into future of your mentorees?

FRIDAY: Ephesians 4:29

SATURDAY: pray fervently for the youths.

SUNDAY: proverbs 27:23. Call or visit ( follow up) a member who has not been attending your Fellowship for sometime now.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2023
DESTINY DESTROYERS: TALKATIVENESS

MEMORISE:
"Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.”
PROVERBS 21:23

READ: 2 SAMUEL 1:1-16
1 Now it came to pass after the death of Saul, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Amalekites, and David had abode two days in Ziklag;
2 It came even to pass on the third day, that, behold, a man came out of the camp from Saul with his clothes rent, and earth upon his head: and so it was, when he came to David, that he fell to the earth, and did obeisance.
3 And David said unto him, From whence comest thou? And he said unto him, Out of the camp of Israel am I escaped.
4 And David said unto him, How went the matter? I pray thee, tell me. And he answered, That the people are fled from the battle, and many of the people also are fallen and dead; and Saul and Jonathan his son are dead also.
5 And David said unto the young man that told him, How knowest thou that Saul and Jonathan his son be dead?
6 And the young man that told him said, As I happened by chance upon mount Gilboa, behold, Saul leaned upon his spear; and, lo, the chariots and horsemen followed hard after him.
7 And when he looked behind him, he saw me, and called unto me. And I answered, Here am I.
8 And he said unto me, Who art thou? And I answered him, I am an Amalekite.
9 He said unto me again, Stand, I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me.
10 So I stood upon him, and slew him, because I was sure that he could not live after that he was fallen: and I took the crown that was upon his head, and the bracelet that was on his arm, and have brought them hither unto my lord.
11 Then David took hold on his clothes, and rent them; and likewise all the men that were with him:
12 And they mourned, and wept, and fasted until even, for Saul, and for Jonathan his son, and for the people of the Lord, and for the house of Israel; because they were fallen by the sword.
13 And David said unto the young man that told him, Whence art thou? And he answered, I am the son of a stranger, an Amalekite.
14 And David said unto him, How wast thou not afraid to stretch forth thine hand to destroy the Lord’s anointed?
15 And David called one of the young men, and said, Go near, and fall upon him. And he smote him that he died.
16 And David said unto him, Thy blood be upon thy head; for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, I have slain the Lord’s anointed.

If you cannot control your tongue, it is only a matter of time before you talk yourself into destruction.

Hidden behind the need to always talk is the need to be noticed – the need to get everyone’s attention, and that alone is enough to destroy anyone.

In today’s text, we read about the young man who just wanted to get unnecessary attention. He formulated a story that he thought would impress David, telling him that he had killed Saul, not knowing that his quest for attention would be his undoing.

2 Samuel 1:16 says:

"And David said unto him, Thy blood be upon thy head; for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, I have slain the LORD’s anointed."

Believe me honestly, the less you talk, the better for you, because everything you are saying is being recorded and will be played back on the day of judgment.

Jesus Christ said in Matthew 12:36,

“But I say unto you, That every idle word that men Shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.”

I was at a meeting with some big men of God and there was one fellow there who talked and talked to such an extent that I said, “Sir, you think you know more than every one of us? If you would just keep quiet, you might learn something.”

Wise people listen more than they speak because they know that the more they understand, the better the value of what they say.

James 1:19 says that you must be quick to hear and slow to speak.

"In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise." Proverbs 10:19

Controlling your tongue is a major key to living holy. May your tongue not take you to hell, in Jesus’ name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to control my tongue at all times, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 KINGS 19-20.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
DESTINY DESTROYERS: SELF-JUSTIFICATION

MEMORISE:
For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth. 2 Corinthians 10:18

READ: JOHN 9:40-41
40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Many a time, people have something in their lives that they know is wrong, but say, “It’s not too bad”. By the time you Say it is not too bad, it means it’s already bad; you are just looking for an adjective to qualify ‘bad’.

In Genesis 9:20-25, Noah - that great man of God who survived the flood, must have had a habit of drinking just a little wine occasionally. Not too bad, right? However, one day, he took one cup too many and became drunk.

When he woke up, he pronounced a curse on one of his three sons, saying he would become a servant of servants. He cursed his own legacy.

Worse still is the second man with this same habit - Lot. In Genesis 19:30-38; Lot had just been rescued from destruction, but he too had the habit of taking just a little wine occasionally.

His two daughters got him drunk and made him sleep with them one after the other and he produced children with them. When you go through the Scriptures to see these two families that He produced, you wouldn’t want to end up like them.

One set was the Moabites Genesis 19:37 and the second was the Ammonites - a people so terrible that they ripped open a pregnant woman. Amos 1:13.

See what God had to say about them in Zephaniah 2:9.

"Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of nettles and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them."

All these happened because Lot decided to drink just a ‘little wine’.

Stop indulging your bad habits; stop justifying your evil actions.

Don’t indulge in anything that is bad at all. Abstain from anything that does not glorify the Lord.

Only then can your destiny really be secured in Christ.

For some, it is secular music or unnecessary closeness to people of the opposite sex. That is all the devil needs to get you into fornication.

Song of Solomon 2:15 says;

“Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.”

PRAYER POINT:
Father, any little fox that can spoil my vine, please remove it now, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 KINGS 21-22.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
DESTINY DESTROYERS: ANGER

MEMORISE:
Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. ECCLESIASTES 7:9 (KJV)

READ: PROVERBS 14:9
9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.

Anger is one major tool that the devil uses to destroy destinies.

Everybody knows clearly that no one just gets angry for no reason, without any provocation.

Ecclesiastes 7:9 says;

“Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools“.

In Numbers 20:1-12, Moses - who had been labouring for God for forty years and leading a very difficult set of people, lost his temper just before he got to the promised land and so didn’t enter into it.

Watch it: anytime something is about to make you angry, quickly check yourself; the devil may be preparing to spring an attack.

Anger is very dangerous. There was a man whose only problem was anger.

Whenever he got angry, he could do anything. He had just bought a brand new car, parked it in front of the house and was rejoicing when his son took something sharp and scratched it on the new car. This man saw it and out of anger, used the first thing he saw - a hammer, to smash his son’s hand. The boy screamed.

Upon realising what he had done, the man rushed the boy to the hospital, where the doctor said the only solution was to amputate the boy’s fingers. The following day, he went to see the boy in the hospital and the boy said to him, “Daddy, when will my fingers grow again?” The man went back home with a very heavy heart.

He then decided to go and check what the boy had written on the car anyway. The boy had written on the car, “Daddy, I love you”. The man was so devastated that he committed suicide.

Anger is a temporary madness; that is why you hear people say, “I was mad with him” and they say it with pride.

If you really want to fulfil your destiny, you have to deal with anger in your life.

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city." Proverbs 16:32

Rule your spirit. Don’t let anger bring you down.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, destroy any root of anger in me, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 1-3.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 7:25am On Apr 19, 2023
MORE THAN HEALING

MEMORISE:
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. JOHN 7:38

READ: MARK 16:17-18
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

My God is the All-Sufficient One and He is very generous. When He wants to heal, He heals completely.

While doctors often caution on the side effects of prescribed medication, there are no side effects with divine healing. When God heals you, He heals completely.

Some years ago, the wound from a surgery conducted on a woman refused to heal because of her advanced age. I told her daughter to bring a handkerchief, prayed on it and asked her to put it on her mother. She did so and by the next day, not only was the wound healed, they could not find any scar where the doctors had operated.

When my God heals, He does it completely.

Beyond complete healing, God is so generous that He can go further to make sure you are never sick again. Exodus 15:26 says,

“If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee”.

If you make holiness your lifestyle, God can make it such that sickness will become a stranger to you.

Beyond making sure that you don’t fall sick again, my God is so generous that He can allow His healing virtue to start flowing through you.

All these can be available to you under certain conditions.

Firstly, you must be a child of God because healing is children’s meat. Matthew 15:21-28.

My God is not a healing contractor; He only heals those who are His children.

Once in a while, He could heal an unbeliever on credit, expecting the fellow to become a member of His family by accepting Jesus as his or her Lord and Saviour.

If however, the fellow still refuses to become born again, then a worse sickness could follow. John 5:14.

To get to the level of overflowing healing virtue by which you would be healing others, you must also have faith.

Mark 16:17-18 says you must be a believer. With faith, lay hands on people who need healing and sooner than later, you would begin to see them being healed.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please anoint me so powerfully that I will begin to heal the sick, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 4-5.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2023
MORE THAN SALVATION

MEMORISE:
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. PROVERBS 11:30

READ: ROMANS 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

My God is a very generous God. When He wants to save someone, He doesn’t just save the fellow’’s soul, He wipes away all records of that person’s sin to make it as if he had never committed any.

1 John 1:7 says;
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

Believe me honestly, it does not matter how badly you have sinned in the past, God can still save your soul and use you for His glory.

After saving your soul, He doesn’t just leave you to figure out how you can remain holy by yourself, He gives you the ability not to sin again by changing your heart from a heart of stone to one of flesh.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26.

This is the real meaning of grace, when you become empowered by God to live holy.

Beyond giving you the grace to live holy, God is so generous that He can even use you to save the souls of other people from going to hell. This is such a rare privilege because anyone you bring into the kingdom of God becomes your child in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 4:15.

When was the last time you won a soul to Christ? When was the last time you let God use you to snatch someone from the hands of the devil into the loving hands of Christ?

If you don’t extend the same grace that God has given you to become His child to your friends and family members, you are being wicked to them. God makes the feet of those who preach His word beautiful.

"…How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:15.

Tell every unbeliever around you about Jesus Christ before it is too late.

ACTION POINT:
Today, minister the gospel of Jesus Christ to at least one unbeliever around you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 6-8.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2023
MORE THAN FREEDOM

MEMORISE:
“But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will content with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.”
ISAIAH 49:25

READ: 2 KINGS 4:1-7 (KJV)
1 Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
2 And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil. 3 Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.
4 And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.
5 So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.
6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.

God doesn’t know how to be stingy; whatever He does, He does generously. David said in Psalm 23:5;

“…thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”

That is God’s nature; when He gives you something, He gives it to you in abundance.

One day many years ago while I was preaching, the Lord said there was someone in the congregation who would get three breakthroughs.

The first was to be given completely to Him, the second shared between the fellow and Him and then the third one would be for the fellow alone.

Sometime later, a woman came to me with a huge amount of money and said she had come to fulfil her part of the bargain. I knew this woman - she was a widow whose husband had left a huge debt upon his death.

She however, insisted that the prophecy was for her and I couldn’t do anything to dissuade her. Not long after, she returned with more money, saying this was half of the second breakthrough.

After this, she came back with a testimony: the bank her husband had been indebted to called her to apologise, saying they had made a mistake and rather than her husband owing them, they were the ones owing him! They paid the money to her and it was a lot.

When God sets you free from debt, He does it such that it will be difficult for you to get into debt again.

If you are in debt now, the All-Sufficient God will set you free from it, in Jesus’ name.

John 8:36 says;

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

When a person is medically healed from an ailment, there might still be traces left behind, but when Jesus sets you free, He does it perfectly, making you whole.

If you have been in any form of bondage, receive total freedom right now, in Jesus’ name.

Not only will God set you free indeed, He can even empower you to set captives free Mark 16:17, so that You would cast out demons from their victims.

This privilege is given to God’s children who are ready to fast and pray often. Matthew 17:21.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please set me free from all forms of bondage and use me to set captives free.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 9-10.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 12:15am On Apr 22, 2023
MORE THAN BLESSINGS

MEMORISE:
And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice. GENESIS 22:18

READ: JEREMIAH 17:7-8
7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Our God is very generous. When He decides to bless, He does so abundantly.

For example, when the wedding hosts ran out of wine for their guests, Jesus gave them much better wine in abundance. John 2:1-11.

Psalm 68:19 says,

“Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.”

In Deuteronomy 28:1-2, He talks about great blessings — blessing so great that they’ll overtake you. The kind of blessing that will cause you to say, “Lord this is too much” will begin to come your way from now, in Jesus’ name.

Beyond loading you with blessings every day, God can make you so blessed that you will become a blessing to others. That is what He did through Solomon.

In 1 Kings 3:13, God said He would bless Solomon so much that no king would be like him all through his life. Solomon’s blessing caused the Israelites to be blessed also.

1 Kings 10:27 says,

‘And the king made silver to be in Jerusalem as stones, and cedars made he to be as the sycomore trees that are in the vale, for abundance.”

God can do the same for you. He can bless you so much that no one in your generation will ever be poor again.

This type of blessing however, comes to those who give sacrificially to God like Solomon did in 1 Kings 3:4.

In 2007, one young man came to me, saying he wanted to pay for the feeding at our next convention so I gave him a conservative estimate of what it would cost to feed one million people twice daily for a week. He said he would get back to me.

I didn’t expect to see him again, but he came back the following week as promised and paid for it.

Apparently, he had gone to get a loan from a bank because he couldn’t afford it. Before long, the same bank he took the loan from invited him to become their Managing Director.

If you are willing to give sacrificially to God, He will also make you so blessed that you will become a blessing to others.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to give sacrificially to You, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 11-13.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
RELATIONAL TRUST

MEMORY VERSE: "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her; so that he shall have no need of spoil". -- Proverbs 31:11.

BIBLE PASSAGE: ACTS 6:2-7

2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

INTRODUCTION
The five-letter "trust" occurs in 139 verses in the Bible (KJV). While there are various root words translated " trust", in this context, it means reliance on the integrity, strength, or ability of a person or thing. Trust can be dependent or relational. Dependent trust is between man and God in which an individual completely trusts God while relational trust deals with with human relationships and signifies the trust one reposes in another person. We shall focus on the attribute of a trustworthy person and how to be one.

LESSON OUTLINE
1. ATTRIBUTES OF A TRUSTWORTHY PERSON
2. BEING TRUSTWORTHY

ATTRIBUTES OF A TRUSTWORTHY PERSON

Trustworthy people are:

1. Tenacious: Trustworthy people are stubbornly unyielding to untruthfulness (Dan. 1:cool.

2. Resolute: This means they are unwavering (Ruth 1:16).

3. Unbendable: They are always determined to do the right thing (Esth. 3:2).

4. Steady: They are straightforward (2Chr. 24:11-12).

5. Tested: They have proved their trustworthiness through thick and thin (1Sam. 12:3).

6. Accountable: They are always answerable for whatever task they engage in (Neh. 13:13).

7. Wholistic: They can be wholly trusted with time, money, the opposite sex, work, etc.

8. Reliable: They have your back and do not betray a trust or leak a secret for any reason (Prov. 14:23).

9. Weighty: Trust is weighty but not burdensome as a result; the carrier is conscious of carrying something important and does not misbehave (Gen. 39:9).

10. Solid: They are always firm (Job 17:9).

BEING TRUSTWORTHY

Being trustworthy is a deliberate and purposeful resolve an individual makes (Dan. 5:17). Trust is earned (Prov. 31:12) trust is not entrusted to anyone; it is consciously earned by an individual. There is a price tag of sacrifices to be paid by anyone who chooses to be trustworthy (Gen. 39:10). We need to ask God for help as we take time to study and obey His words because trust is the bedrock of a lasting relationship.

Some of the rewards of being trustworthy are peace of mind, boldness, a crown of honour, and an asset while the consequences of distrust include: shame, dishonour, and loss of opportunities.

CONCLUSION
Trust is significant and essential to any relationship we may build because it is this trust in one another that forms the foundation of a strong relationship.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 9:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
MORE THAN FRUITFULLNESS

MEMORISE:
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. PHILIPPIANS 4:6

READ: PSALMS 67:5-6
5 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.

My God is so generous that when He wants to make the barren fruitful, He gives them multiple babies. If you don’t believe me, ask Hannah.

In 1 Samuel 2:21, Hannah asked for just one boy and even promised to give him back to God, but the Lord gave her the boy she asked for and five more children!

I have good news for at least one woman who has been labelled barren: In nine months’ time, you will be carrying your twins, in Jesus’ name.

There have been several testimonies at our programmes in The Redeemed Christian Church of God where people were told by doctors that they could not have a baby and God gave them multiple babies.

There was one particular woman who the doctors had told that her womb was too small to accommodate a baby. She wrote us and we prayed. From that same womb pronounced as ‘too small’ for one baby, four babies came out at once.

I decree once again: It doesn’t matter how long you have been waiting for the fruit of the womb, my God will give you multiple children in nine months’ time, in Jesus’ name.

If you’re already bearing fruit and want more, note that John 15:1-2 says if you already have fruit, God will make sure that you bear even more.

Being fruitful is however, not limited to child bearing; it also involves business, ministry and many more areas of life.

There are two types of fruitful people - those whose fruits increase by addition and those whose fruits increase by multiplication. I don’t know about you, but I prefer to multiply than to merely increase by addition.

The secret to your fruits multiplying is in thanksgiving.

When you thank God adequately for the things He did for you yesterday, He will do even more for you today.

After Hannah had Samuel, she sang a song of thanksgiving to God and He gave her five more children. 1 Samuel 2:1-10, 21.

When Jesus needed the multiplication anointing to work on the five loaves of bread and two fishes in Matthew 14:13-21, He simply thanked God for the provision and it began to multiply.

Thank God for His provision and watch Him transform you from the realm of additional increase to that of divine multiplication.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, thank You for all the things You have already done for me. I would never have amounted to anything without Your help. Thank you, Lord.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 14-16.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
MORE THAN VICTORY

MEMORISE:
“Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” ROMANS 8:37 KJV

READ: 2 Chronicles 20:1-25
1 It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle.
2 Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi.
3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the Lord: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord.
5 And Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the Lord, before the new court,
6 And said, O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?
7 Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?
8 And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying,
9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
10 And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not;
11 Behold, I say, how they reward us, to come to cast us out of thy possession, which thou hast given us to inherit.
12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.
13 And all Judah stood before the Lord, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.
14 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the Lord in the midst of the congregation;
15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
16 To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.
18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the Lord, worshipping the Lord.
19 And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever.
22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
23 For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
25 And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much.

God is so generous that when He wants to give you victory, He makes you more than a conqueror. Romans 8:37.

He doesn’t just give you victory, He gives it abundantly.

David said in Psalm 23:5 that God did not only give him victory over his enemies, He also prepared a table for him right in their presence. Now that is a different level of victory.

In our Bible reading for today, three kings came against Jehoshaphat, but God used them to destroy one another and then all their wealth was transferred to Jehoshaphat. Without fighting at all,

Jehoshaphat and his people enjoyed victory and gained so much spoil that it took three days to transport it all to their country. This is in line with God’s promise in Deuteronomy 28:7:

"The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways."

The Almighty God says that because He has decided to help you, those who are incensed against you shall perish and become as nothing. Isaiah 41:10-13.

The Lord says He shall fight for you while you just hold your peace. Exodus 14:14.

He says further in Colossians 2:14-15:

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

You should be rejoicing if you are truly a child of God. Those who don’t know Jesus Christ don’t know what they are missing. The One inside you is greater than he that is in the world.

To qualify as one of those who God loves and abides with, simply obey Him John 14:23.

If you want to experience victory over your enemies without a fight, obey all His commandments.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to obey all Your commandments, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 17-18.
Re: Evangelism by devoutpraise: 1:16am On Apr 24, 2023
Salvation2:
DESTINY DESTROYERS: LUST

MEMORISE:

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. GALATIANS 5:16

READ: GALATIANS 5:16-17

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Sexual lust has destroyed and is still destroying the destinies of many.

I know there are people who will tell you that even if you fool around sexually, you will still make it to heaven. Don’t let them send you to hell with their false doctrine.

1 Corinthians 3:17 says, “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are’.

You think adultery or fornication is something to be toyed with?

In Numbers 31:1-16, the people of Israel were indestructible because God was solidly behind them, but then the enemy decided to send beautiful ladies into their camp and the people of Israel began to fornicate.

After that, the enemy did not need to do anything; it was God Himself who started destroying them.

If you are lusting after someone you’re not married to, you had better save your destiny by staying away from such a person because that is the strategy of the devil to destroy you.

There are many people suffering all manners of plagues because of fornication and adultery. Don’t be one of them.

If you are old enough for marriage, pray for God’s direction and go through the Church when you want to start your courtship with whomever God has led you to.

You may Say that is ‘old-school’ mentality, but that is what has kept some of us standing and on the right path of destiny for many decades.

It is better to be old-school than to be destroyed. Let the Church be involved in your courtship and make sure that you and your spouse-to-be never meet in private places where you can commit sin.

There are many people who set themselves up to fall into fornication by being too close to the opposite sex or staying alone in private places with them.

Once you notice that you are beginning to lust after someone, declare a fast immediately to kill that lust in your flesh. Lust thrives in secrecy, don’t cover it up.

Beloved, don’t engage in fornication or adultery; don’t defile the temple of God. If you do, you are calling for judgment on yourself.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please put an end to every form of lust in my life, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 KINGS 10-12.

Shalom!!!
AMEN
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2023
MORE THAN ANOINTING

MEMORISE:
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. PSALM 23:5

READ: PSALMS 45:7-8
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

When it comes to anointing, God is so generous that He gives it in abundance.

He anointed David in the presence of his brethren in 1 Samuel 16:13, again as king over Judah in 2 Samuel 2:4 and yet again as king over the whole of Israel in 2 Samuel 5:3. God just kept on pouring the anointing on him.

In Acts 19:11-12, the Bible says He so anointed Paul that his handkerchiefs were healing the sick.

In Acts 5:15, He so anointed Peter that anything his shadow touched was impacted by the anointing.

Once while on a visit to one of my children in the United States, I saw four women moving up and down in the kitchen. I wondered why his wife had so many people helping to prepare a meal for me. Little did I know that those four women had been trusting God for the fruit of the womb. In any case, I ate and left.

After I left, one by one, the women sat on the chair I had used and nine months later, three of them were already carrying their children while the fourth gave birth three months after the first three.

From this moment on, everywhere you walk past will become anointed, in Jesus’ name.

If you want this kind of anointing, you must be ready to live a life of consecration.

You cannot be in love with the things of this world and expect to carry this kind of anointing.

Those who are anointed to overflowing are addicted to prayers and Bible study.

Apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians 11:27-28:

"In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches."

God only gives this kind of anointing to people who are totally sold out to Him.

When you begin to receive this anointing, be sure to use it, so that it doesn’t diminish.

Just as batteries have a life span, the anointing also has a lifespan.

Use the anointing the Lord has given you for His glory so you don’t lose it.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please make me overflow with your anointing.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 19-21.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
WHO IS YOUR HEAD?

MEMORISE:
“And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.” COLOSSIANS 1:18 (KJV)

READ: EPHESIANS 4:1-12 (KJV)
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

It is common knowledge that the Church is meant to be for people called out by God.

Christ is the Head of the Church because the most important part of anybody is the head.

The head is so important that when you want to take a passport photograph, all you take is a picture of your head.

The heart, kidney and liver can be transplanted, but there has never been a successful head transplant.

Is Christ your head?
If your answer is yes, is He your vision?

The eyes are a major part of the head and we know how important vision is. Where there’s no vision, the people perish. Proverbs 29:18.

Is Christ your hearing?
If Christ is your hearing, then your faith will continue to grow because Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. That Word is Jesus Christ. John 1:1,14.

That will lead us to the nose. What you breathe in and out counts because according to Acts 17:28,
“For in him we live, and move, and have our being…”

You are alive as a Christian if you’re breathing in and breathing out Christ.

Who controls your brain? What do you allow your mind to dwell on? Proverbs 23:7 says,
“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…”

Philippians 4:8 tells us the kind of thoughts we should have: pure, lovely, virtuous, good and praise-worthy thoughts.

Who controls your mouth? What do you eat? Who do you praise – God or man? John 4:24 says,
“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth”.

How do you pray?
Who controls you in prayer? John 14:14 says,
“If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it”.

You will be a successful Christian if Christ is your Head - the Controller.

Our prayer should thus be, “Christ, please be my head”, because if all is well with the head, you can handle whatever is before you.

If something goes wrong with the head, every other thing will go wrong.

PRAYER POINT:
Lord, please be my head from now, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 22-23.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2023
ARE YOU A WITNESS?

MEMORISE:
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. MATTHEW 5:16

READ: MARK 16:15-18
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The Lord Jesus Christ said all commandments from God could be summarised into two: One, you must love God with all your heart, soul and mind, and two, love your neighbour as yourself. Matthew 22:37-40.

It is however easy to say, “I love God” with your mouth but what will really show your love for God is your obedience to all His commandments. John 14:15.

You also cannot say you love your neighbour without showing it in your actions.

All followers of Christ have been commissioned to preach the gospel to all creatures. Mark 16:15.

So, if you truly love God and your neighbors, everything you do will be to tell them about Jesus.

We are enjoying Christ now because somebody told us about Him.

We were taught that Jesus is the burden-bearer. Matthew 11:28. Many of us came to Jesus because of our burdens.

Nothing could have dragged me to that little building they were calling the headquarters of The Redeemed Christian Church of God but a big problem.

Someone invited me to the church and said, “The Lord Jesus will carry your burden”.

I never would have imagined myself worshipping in a small church built with wood, rather than a cathedral, if not for the burden I had.

Tell your friends that God is the great provider. Philippians 4:19 says,
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”.

Tell your friends that Jesus Christ is the great enabler. He can help you and grant you all round success because you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Philippians 4:13.

As far as God is concerned, there are no two ways. You either love Him or hate Him.

If you love Him, you will love your neighbors and tell them all you know about Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Lord, please grant me the grace and enablement to witness effectively for You at all times, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 KINGS 24-25..
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

MEMORISE:
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
MATTHEW 5:16

READ: ACTS 13:42-52
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region. 50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.
52 And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

In John 9:5, Jesus Christ said, “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world”.

He also said in Matthew 5:14, “Ye are the light of the world.A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid”.

If you are a child of God, it means you are qualified to be called light. Jesus went further to say,
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven”. Matthew 5:16.

Everything God does, He does excellently.

It means His shining is extraordinary. He wants you also to shine extraordinarily.

God wants you to shine like Joseph did. In Genesis 41:1-44, when Joseph gave the interpretations of Pharaoh’s dreams, the latter said, “We cannot find another man like this in whom the Spirit of God dwells”.

The Lord wants us to shine like Moses. In Numbers 12:3, the Bible said,
“There’s no man as meek as Moses”. He shone in his meekness.

He wants us to shine like Deborah; In Judges 4:1-14, when it was time to go to war, even the captain said,
‘I won’t go unless Deborah comes along’ and she went with him.

He wants us to shine like Daniel. In Daniel 6:1-3, the Bible tells us that even though there were three people chosen to supervise other officers of the kingdom, Daniel excelled amongst them. An excellent spirit was found in him; he shone.

Now as Christians, we will shine by sharing the gospel and turning men to righteousness through the power of the Holy Spirit.

In Acts 6:1-8, some people were chosen to be the original deacons, but if I ask you today, “Who is Prochorus? Who is Nicanor? Who is Timon?” you will most likely say, “I don’t know”.

They were among the seven deacons; they were chosen but didn’t shine. God called you to shine.

May you shine so brightly that the name of the Almighty God will be praised continually in your life.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let me shine brightly for You.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 1-2.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2023
YOU NEED ANOINTING

MEMORISE:
Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. PSALM 45:7

READ: 1 JOHN 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Anointing can be described as divine electricity. This description will help us understand how important anointing is. If a person is not pure, yet is anointed, the anointing will kill the fellow, because if you mishandle electricity, you will be electrocuted.

Samson was highly anointed but spent time with harlots.

A man of God who commits adultery has set himself up for destruction.

In other words, the combination of anointing and sinfulness will produce a casualty while anointing with purity will produce great and long lasting results.

For example, Abraham’s anointing was that of prosperity Genesis 22:17-18 and it was transgenerational because he trained his children in the way of the Lord Genesis 18:19.

Abraham became great, his son became very great and his grandson Jacob became exceedingly great. His great-grandson Joseph picked up the anointing and God used him mightily as well.

Christians need anointing to execute their respective divine assignments.

You may have heard the story of two people who sang Psalm 23 – one a professional singer who sang beautifully and everybody clapped, the other,an old man who sang the same Psalm 23 and had everyone on their knees, worshipping God.

One sang professionally, the other with anointing and their results were different. So if you are a chorister, you definitely need anointing.

Psalm 24:3-4 tells us the kind of people who can stand in God’s presence; so ushers also clearly need anointing.

Prayer warriors need anointing because Romans 8:26 says we pray with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Our Lord Jesus was anointed with the Holy Ghost before He started off His ministry Acts 10:38.

If the Lord did not perform a single miracle until the Holy Spirit came upon Him, surely you need anointing too.

PRAYER POINT:
Father Lord, please let Your anointing flow into every aspect of my life, in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 3-4.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2023
RAVISH YOUR SPOUSE

MEMORY VERSE: "Let her be loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and thou ravished always with are love". -- Proverbs 5:19.

BIBLE PASSAGE: PROVERBS 5:15-20

15 Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.

16 Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets.

17 Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee.

18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?

INTRODUCTION
To be ravished is to have a feeling of delight; being filled with wonder and enchantment. So, to ravised your spouse is to give him or her atmosphere full of passion and fascination. The husband, as well as his wife, has crucial roles to play to enjoy a romantic and successful marriage.

LESSON OUTLINE
1. ROLES OF THE HUSBAND AND HIS WIFE
2. BENEFITS OF RAVISHING YOUR SPOUSE

ROLES OF THE HUSBAND AND HIS WIFE

Being a good husband is not something that comes naturally to some men. However, loving another person is the most selfless thing anyone can do. Therefore:

1. A husband who lives his wife should celebrate her always (Prov. 31:28b): be her best friend, appreciate her and share in her feelings (Gen. 26:cool.

2. A good husband should be protective and shield his wife from being disrespected by others (Ephesians 5:29).

3. He also respects her opinions, wishes, beliefs and communicates without using abusive word (Col. 3:19; 4:6).

4. He does not force her to give up on her dreams to follow his, rather, they talk things through to see what works for both of them (Rom. 12:10).

5. The husband should focus on the strength of his wife and talk less about her weaknesses (discuss the grey area and pray together for a change) - 1Pet. 3:7; 4:8.

6. Do not lose the romance. (SOS. 1:2; Prov. 5:19). To be romantic, a husband should keep in mind important dates (Wedding anniversary, birthdays, etc) - Rom. 12:15.

7. As a good husband, be humorous and know how to cheer up your wife especially when she feel low(Prov. 15:13; 17:22).

On the other hand, marriage women should note that:

1. To ravish you husband is a divine assignment given to you by God - to be your husband's helper (Gen. 2:18; Prov. 12:4).

2. They should be women of virtue (Prov. 12:4; 14:1).

3. To ravish your husband, you must be submissive to him (Eph. 5:22; 1Pet. 3:1-2).

4. As wife you should be spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, and recreationally knitted with your husband (Prov. 12:25).

5. They must be caring and manage the home we'll (Prov. 31:15).

6. Meeting your husband's sexual needs is vital: do not use sex as a weapon of denial (SOS. 1:13; 1Cor 7:4-5).

7. The husband must be celebrated and honour as a king: in fact, he is your king.

BENEFITS OF RAVISHING YOUR SPOUSE

When a husband and his wife are knitted, there will be intimacy and mutual trust (Mark 10:cool. Their love will be unquenchable (SOS. 8:7). There will be Joy, peace and progress in the home (Ps. 128:1-6). It contributes to good health (Prov. 14:30). Without a doubt, God will be present in such a loving home and their prayers will receive quick answers (Matt. 18:19; 1Pet. 3:7).

CONCLUSION
Sweeten your relationship with your spouse and the bliss will be long lasting.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2023
DOMINION OVER YOURSELF

MEMORISE:
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. PROVERBS 25:28

READ: 1 CORINTHIANS 9:24-27
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

God created man in His own image so that he could have dominion. Genesis 1:26.

This is why you’ll discover that there is no animal in the world that humans have not dominated - lions, elephants, giraffes and so on.

Note however, that the man who really has dominion is the one who has control over himself.

You can have dominion over animals, birds and everything in the sea, but if you don’t have dominion over yourself, you are like a broken down and unduly exposed city. Proverbs 25:28.

Let us consider some parts of your body you must have dominion over.

1 Peter 3:10 says if you want to live long and have a good life, tame your tongue - have dominion over it. The tongue is very powerful and difficult to tame James 3:5-8 but you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you Philippians 4:13.

The Bible also says you should have dominion over your stomach. Philippians 3:19 urges you not to let your belly become your god. If you say you have dominion over everything but can’t control your stomach, you can’t fast, then you have no dominion because you have a strange god living within you.

The Yoruba elders say, “There’s no idol like the stomach; every day, it asks for a sacrifice”. You have to tame your stomach.

You must also have control over your sleep. For you to say you have dominion, you must be able to decide, “I am not sleeping tonight; I want to have a vigil”.

Proverbs 6:9-11 says that if you don’t control how you sleep, you will experience ravaging poverty and lack.

You must have control over your body - your eyes, hands and so on. There are certain things you shouldn’t touch or look at, places you shouldn’t go to, kinds of music you shouldn’t listen to.

If you want to finish your Christian race well, you must have dominion over your body. 1 Corinthians. 9:24-27.

PRAYER POINT:
Lord, please help me to have complete dominion over every aspect of my life and body, in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 5-6.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2023
GOD CAN PROMOTE ANYONE

MEMORISE:
“He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dung hill. That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.” PSALM 113:7-8

READ: PSALM 75:5-7 (KJV)
5 Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.
6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

Our Bible reading says clearly that God is the One who promotes. God alone is the One who promotes – no other person can, not even the so-called godfathers.

Striving for positions and receiving titles do not amount to being promoted. Saul still had the title ‘king’ for several years after God had already rejected him and anointed David in his place.

This was why he was helpless before Goliath while David who had been anointed to take his place defeated the giant.

When you read 1 Samuel 18:7, you see from the song of the women and children that they had a higher regard for David than Saul even though Saul was still considered the king.

Now that it is clear that God is the one who promotes, the next question is: Who are the people that God usually chooses for promotion?

1 Samuel 2:7-8 says: "The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and he hath set the world upon them."

God can pick up a beggar from the dunghill and begin to promote him until he starts dining with kings.

God can promote anyone and my prayer for you today is that your promotion will come rapidly, in Jesus’ name.

No one is out of reach for divine promotion. No matter how low you are now, God can still promote you to a place so high that it would beat the imagination of the whole world when they hear your story.

If you want God to promote you, you must be one person that He is sure will do His will when you get promoted.

"And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will." Acts 13:22.

Can God count on you to fulfil His will after He has promoted you? If your answer is ‘yes’ then get ready for a divinely arranged promotion.

REFLECTION:
Do you do the will of God always?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 7-9.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 4:42am On May 03, 2023
CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION I

MEMORISE:
Thus says the LORD: Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches. JEREMIAH 9:23

READ: 1 CORINTHIANS 1:26-29
26 For [a]you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many [b]noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the [c]base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.

I have come to discover from my walk with God that He usually promotes the most unlikely people.

Our Bible reading for today tells us that the people who qualify for God’s promotion are usually those considered foolish, weak, little and unimportant.

These are the kind of people God usually lifts up because He does not want anyone to take His glory.

He does not want anyone thinking it was their achievements that made God choose them for promotion.

God chose Saul as the first king of Israel, even though the young man considered himself unworthy 1 Samuel 9:21.

When Saul disobeyed and God wanted to promote someone else to his position, He sent Samuel to anoint one of Jesse’s sons. When Samuel asked Jesse to bring all his sons, David was not summoned because he was considered the least important among his sons.

Jesse obviously thought there was absolutely no way David could be chosen as king, but that was exactly the fellow that God chose.

God does not choose those who think they are wise, He chooses the foolish.

The moment you think you are the best man for the job, God actually sees you as the worst.

You cannot succeed at any divine assignment by your own power and might but only by His Spirit Zechariah 4:6.

Anytime I travel and have the opportunity to speak with ministers in any nation, they always have one thing that they want me to address and that is the lack of unity amongst them.

I often explain to them that the challenge is not that they do not want to be united; rather, it is a question of who will be the leader once they are united?

I often go further to say, “If you realise that God usually chooses the foolish one to be the head, you won’t want to be that fellow, because being the head makes it obvious to everyone that you must be the most foolish of them all!”.

Beloved, if you realise that God will only choose the weak, the base, then you won’t struggle for positions.

Keep doing exploits from whatever position you find yourself and rely completely on God as your source of help and direction. In due course, He will promote you far beyond your expectations.

KEY POINT:
Don't lobby for any position; dedicate yourself to doing the will of God and He will promote you at the right time.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 10-12.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 4:44am On May 03, 2023
CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION II

MEMORIZE:
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. 1 PETER 5:6

READ: 1 KINGS 19:19-21, 2 KINGS 2:15
19 So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him.
20 And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said unto him, Go back again: for what have I done to thee?
21 And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him.

2 KINGS 2:15
And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

God usually promotes the most unlikely persons 1Corinthians 1:26-29, however, once in a while, He also decides to promote someone who has already had some achievements.

Before promoting such people though, He would usually first strip them of everything they have achieved then He’ll begin to promote them to a level that is far higher than where they were before.

Sadly, those who are not ready to go through this process will miss out on the great promotion God has prepared for them.

When God chose Elisha to be the greatest prophet of his time, he was already a successful farmer from a well-to-do family and all of a sudden, he became homeless - an errand boy to a prophet who was in trouble with the king.

God took him from his high state to a very low one and he submitted to the process.

When the Lord chose me, I was the acting Head of the Mathematics Department in University of Ilorin. I had already achieved a lot, considering my poor background and now God was saying, “Leave all that” to become the General Overseer of a Church whose total monthly income at that time was less than my salary.

It was a hard decision, especially since I had just broken my family out of poverty, but thank God that I answered the call and submitted to the process.

Today, God has graciously lifted me far higher than I could ever have gotten if I had held on to my academic career.

Once God sees that you prefer His will to your achievements and your ambition, He will promote you.

The person who has enjoyed the highest promotion from God is Jesus Christ. He was already the Son of God before His earthly ministry.

He is the Word and the Bible says that the whole earth was made by Him John 1:3.

He was already big, but when He humbled Himself not only to come to earth in human form, but even to the point of death on the cross, God promoted Him so much that, at the mention of His name, all knees in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth should bow and all tongues confess that He is Lord. Philippians 2:9-10.

My advice to you today is: humble yourself before God and He will promote you in due time.

REFLECTION:
If God asks you like the rich man in Luke 18:22 to sell all that you have and follow Him, what will be your response?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 13-16.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 10:43pm On May 03, 2023
THE MEAL THAT GIVES LIFE

MEMORISE:
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. JOHN 6:33

READ : JOHN 6:48-58
48 I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Basically, the reason we eat is so that we can have strength, good health and life.

When I was younger, we had a slogan that said, “We eat to live, we don’t live to eat”.

The regular meals we eat however, have some limitations. One of the limitations is that there is no one food that has all the nutrients in it, so no ordinary meal can give you all-round vitality.

There is however one meal that gives life in abundance. It is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ. Until you eat this meal, you have no life in you. John 6:53.

In Joshua 14:6-14, one of the people who ate the Passover meal, Caleb, said at the age of 85, “I am still as strong today as I was 45 years ago”.

When you eat the Holy Communion, your strength is renewed; weakness becomes a stranger to your body.

Some years ago, I went to hold a programme in a foreign country, and during one of my prayer walks in the morning, I started feeling faint. I couldn’t walk much further and had to go back to my lodge.

Later on, I recalled that we would be eating the Holy Communion that evening so that gave me hope.

In the evening after eating the Communion, my strength came back to me.

In Psalm 105:37, the Bible speaks about the children of Israel who ate the Passover meal: there was no feeble one amongst them. They all had robust health.

Sickness will become a stranger to you when you eat this special meal.

In John 6:54, the Lord Jesus Christ said concerning the Holy Communion:

"Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

We eat to live, have strength and be healthy, but the Holy Communion goes far beyond those three basic things.

It acts as a medicine - not an ordinary kind of medicine, but one that defies death. Exodus 12:13 says death will pass over you when it sees the blood.

This is the blood of Jesus which is represented by the wine in the Holy Communion.

I am believing God for you that when next you eat the Holy Communion, death will stay away from your home, in Jesus’ name.

KEY POINT:
The Holy Communion is the most important meal anyone can eat.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 17-19.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 8:17pm On May 05, 2023
WHEN YOU HAVE QUESTIONS

MEMORISE:
Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. PSALM 73:17

READ: PSALM 73:1-17
1 Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.
2 But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
3 For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7 Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8 They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11 And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14 For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15 If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16 When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

As a younger Christian, I had many difficult questions for my Pastors.

For example, since Genesis 1:1 says, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth,” I asked where He was before He created Heaven, but none of them could answer.

Since I could not get answers from my pastors, I turned to God and He answered me.

The reason we don’t understand certain things in the word of God is in Isaiah 55:8-9:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Some of the things that you are trying to explain with logic are far higher and deeper than what the ordinary human mind can process.

In the Sciences, we say, “Prove it and I will believe you.” God however says, “Believe me and I will prove it.”

If you are not ready to believe God’s word because you don’t understand it, you may never experience the power in it and you would be the one on the losing end.

There was one particular question that I had from the story of Elisha and the Syrian army who had come to arrest him in 2 Kings 6:8-23.

Elisha told them that they were in the wrong place then led them to Samaria where they were captured and then later released.

I wondered for a long time how God could have supported how Elisha deceived the soldiers, until the day He explained by asking, “My son, if death were to come knocking on your door asking for you, would you welcome it in? If sickness comes asking for you, will you hug it? If poverty comes looking for your address, will you say it is in the right place?”

When you have questions, turn to God for answers. He alone can open your eyes to behold the wonders in His word. Psalm 119:18.

KEY POINT:
When you have questions, turn to God for answers.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 CHRONICLES 24-26.
Re: Evangelism by Salvation2: 12:47am On May 08, 2023
WHY GOD PROMOTES

MEMORISE:
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. MARK 10:45

READ: MATTHEW 20:20-28
20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
24 And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

God never does anything without a purpose. He promotes people primarily to fulfill His purpose.

God promotes men so that they can use their promotion to serve and bless others.

A tree does not consume its own fruit; it produces fruit for others to benefit from. You don’t become fruitful just for yourself, but rather, so that you can be of service to others.

According to Exodus 2:11-15, Moses was a fugitive. He was running away from Pharaoh because he had just committed murder, but by the time we get to Exodus 7:1, God said, “See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh…”.

God promoted Moses so that he could deliver the nation of Israel. This is why, in Exodus 14:21-28, God could use Moses to clear a way through the Red Sea for the whole nation.

1 Samuel 16:11-13 tells us that when God wanted to appoint a king in his family, He chose the only one that nobody considered relevant – David.

By the time He had promoted David, one of the reasons for his promotion came up in the next chapter – God used him to deliver a nation from a terrorist. 1Samuel 17:1-51.

When God promotes a man, it is so that he can help others fulfil their destiny. You can help others become who God wants them to be.

This is why I don’t say a word when people criticize us for planting so many Churches, because a lot of people would never have discovered their purpose if they were not sent out.

The purpose of God promoting you is to help others become what He planned for them.

I pray that you will remember to help others fulfil their destinies when God promotes you.

The Bible says in Ezekiel 22:30 that God sought just one man who would stand between Him and the people so that He would not destroy their nation, but found none.

Maybe God is waiting to promote you. If you are willing to help others, God will find you worthy of promotion.

KEY POINT:
A heart of service will attract divine promotion.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 CHRONICLES 1-4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Born Again Return Certificates To WAEC / We Don’t Dabble In Politics –RCCG / SEE The Car Of A Bishop!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 250
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.