Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? (1313 Views)

Are There Any Interesting Tech Podcasts By Africans In Diaspora / IoT (internet Of Things) With ESP8266 / Internet Of Things (iot) Transforming Mobile App Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by OdogwuMoney6: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
I no know who do us this thing for this continent..... Africa no even show face at all...
Nobody to even represent our full continent....Anything that requires brains, Africa's are always nowhere to be found. Why?

https://codeforces.com/blog/entry/73791

tensazangetsu20
qtguru
nlfpmod
Myndd44
lalasticlala
farano
Disguy
justwise
seun

Please all of you should come here before I flog you people, I dey vex angry everything is not about politics in this life...How do you expect us to grow as a nation and continent, when all we discuss is politics and romance? angry

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
I no know who do us this thing for this continent..... Africa no even show face at all...
Nobody to even represent our full continent....Anything that requires brains, Africa's are always nowhere to be found. Why?

tensazangetsu20
qtguru
nlfpmod
Myndd44
lalasticlala
farano
Disguy
justwise
seun

Please all of you should come here before I flog you people, I dey vex angry everything is not about politics in this life...How do you expect us to grow as a nation and continent, when all we discuss is politics and romance? angry

Tastyfriedpussy you can be the first African. There's always pioneers.

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Tastyfriedpussy you can be the first African. There's always pioneers.
Na tastypussy be that?
No wonder is anger issues.

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Eazzii:
Na tastypussy be that?
No wonder is anger issues.
Who else?
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by airsaylongcome: 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Who else?

"Oyel" dey your head. He cannot disguise his writing style. I can smell it from 100 miles away

2 Likes

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 09, 2023
3 years old post and competition.

Maybe you think Egypt isn't an African country.

Besides compare the universities producing the candidates with the ones you have here in your country for a start grin

Most of your universities even the best ones can't boast of Wi-Fi with even 300kb speed on moderate load grin

It's not magic... those people you see up there invest a lot in their educational institutions and intellectuals unlike your country way one chop your money without giving you anything worthwhile in return

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by OdogwuMoney6: 7:51am On Apr 12, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

Besides compare the universities producing the candidates with the ones you have here in your country for a start grin

Most of your universities even the best ones can't boast of Wi-Fi with even 300kb speed on moderate load grin

It's not magic... those people you see up there invest a lot in their educational institutions and intellectuals unlike your country way one chop your money without giving you anything worthwhile in return
I don't think it's about University here... The youngest LGM on that website is 14 years old and is in the same class as someone in jss2 in Nigeria
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 12, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
I don't think it's about University here... The youngest LGM on that website is 14 years old and is in the same class as someone in jss2 in Nigeria

Quality of education then.

I mean most secondary schools/High schools in some of those countries have better scientific equipment than what we have in our universities.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by LikeAking: 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:

tensazangetsu20
qtguru
nlfpmod
Myndd44
lalasticlala
farano
Disguy
justwise
seun

We are brain bleeped..
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by LikeAking: 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

What about Africans from wealthy homes who have schooled in those same top educational institutions in the developed world?

What's are their own excuses?

We African's always have excuses.

It's an African problem..

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 13, 2023
LikeAking:

What about Africans from wealthy homes who have schooled in those same top educational institutions in the developed world?

What's are their own excuses?

We African's always have excuses.

It's an African problem..

Not everyone who school abroad will want to be a programmer or developer now.

Besides Nigerians who school abroad have good educational track record and are very successful there.

https://medium.com/@joecarleton/why-nigerian-immigrants-are-the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s-23a7ea5a0832

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by LikeAking: 1:40am On Apr 13, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

Not everyone who school abroad will want to be a programmer or developer now.

Besides Nigerians who school abroad have good educational track record and are very successful there.

https://medium.com/@joecarleton/why-nigerian-immigrants-are-the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s-23a7ea5a0832

Still compare their achievement with their white colleagues.. The gap is still very wide.....

Do you even need all that education before you create an impact?

Some of the top inventors did it from their garages, etc....

Not uni..

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 13, 2023
LikeAking:

Still compare their achievement with their white colleagues.. The gap is still very wide.....

Do you even need all that education before you create an impact?

Some of the top inventors did it from their garages, etc....

Not uni..

So what about you.. what exactly is your own excuse and why aren't you creating an impact.

I said quality education matters at all levels.. all those who made inventions from their garage we're your average Joe smosh...

Besides the environment you grew up in also plays a vital role...

Comparing Nigerians with white people in USA isn't a fair comparison at all... This people were exposed to tech and basic infrastructure to boast their curiosity at a very young age.

When they come up with ideas... they're very sure they'd get sponsorship from the government, VCs or individuals to further develop their ideas... They have money, they have the infrastructure... they have almost everything to place them ahead... Nigerians in USA are a very minor group the accomplishments of the whites there will always overshadow theirs.

That being said even you talking now if you're to migrate to USA I bet your life and career will be much better than what it is now in Nigeria.

You'd make better impact such that in few years you'd come back in Nigeria with your own startup idea

1 Like

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by LikeAking: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

So what about you.. what exactly is your own excuse and why aren't you creating an impact.

I said quality education matters at all levels.. all those who made inventions from their garage we're your average Joe smosh...

Besides the environment you grew up in also plays a vital role...

Comparing Nigerians with white people in USA isn't a fair comparison at all... This people were exposed to tech and basic infrastructure to boast their curiosity at a very young age.

When they come up with ideas... they're very sure they'd get sponsorship from the government, VCs or individuals to further develop their ideas... They have money, they have the infrastructure... they have almost everything to place them ahead... Nigerians in USA are a very minor group the accomplishments of the whites there will always overshadow theirs.

That being said even you talking now if you're to migrate to USA I bet your life and career will be much better than what it is now in Nigeria.

You'd make better impact such that in few years you'd come back in Nigeria with your own startup idea

It's an African problem and you have to face it..

We have to face it..

The top innovators in the world did even have access to the uni in those old day...

Quality education is just an African excuse.. Although it's necessary...

Our environment and tradition, culture, religion, parenting, etc is the problem..
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
LikeAking:

It's an African problem and you have to face it..

We have to face it..

The top innovators in the world did even have access to the uni in those old day...

Quality education is just an African excuse.. Although it's necessary...

Our environment and tradition, culture, religion, parenting, etc is the problem..

πŸ‘
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Bloomsbury(m): 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:

tensazangetsu20
qtguru
nlfpmod
Myndd44
lalasticlala
farano
Disguy
justwise
seun

Bloomsbury AKA Cyberkitty here.

Unfortunately one thing guy should take note is that a lot of people in Nigeria study to get certifications, degrees and prestige rather than seeking knowledge.

Am yourself, will you still be in your choice of career of field even if you won't be paid anything. You won't be paid for your work!

I remember when I was taking some students from LASU (Lagos State University) on some Ph.D classes on software engineering ( I was 17 then without a degree 😁 ), majority of my students had never build a software of their own in their life. They all ended up in Tutorial Purgatory.

But these are high paying individuals in their respective organization. When I asked them while they were pursuing a Ph.D program, they told me they need the degree to scale up their corporate ladder.

I told them I don't even have a degree but learnt everything online via Standford university Website and MIT opencourseware. They were all impressed 😁

What my point.

Majority of NIGERIA developers came into the tech field because of how much they heard people making. Oh my God, I saw this guy making$33K/mo as an engineer....it stories like this that push many into Software ENGINEERING.

Socrates once said, if you love your work, you will never work at all in your life.

King Solomon also said " Have you seen some skillful in what he does, before Kings he will stand.

It is extremely rare and highly impossible to beat a software engineer who loves to code for the fun and not for MONEY.

IN Defcon,we call it. " DEFCON 001, Hacking for the fun"!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
Bloomsbury:

Bloomsbury AKA Cyberkitty here.

Unfortunately one thing guy should take note is that a lot of people in Nigeria study to get certifications, degrees and prestige rather than seeking knowledge.

Am yourself, will you still be in your choice of career of field even if you won't be paid anything. You won't be paid for your work!

I remember when I was taking some students from LASU (Lagos State University) on some Ph.D classes on software engineering ( I was 17 then without a degree 😁 ), majority of my students had never build a software of their own in their life. They all ended up in Tutorial Purgatory.

But these are high paying individuals in their respective organization. When I asked them while they were pursuing a Ph.D program, they told me they need the degree to scale up their corporate ladder.

I told them I don't even have a degree but learnt everything online via Standford university Website and MIT opencourseware. They were all impressed 😁

What my point.

Majority of NIGERIA developers came into the tech field because of how much they heard people making. Oh my God, I saw this guy making$33K/mo as an engineer....it stories like this that push many into Software ENGINEERING.

Socrates once said, if you love your work, you will never work at all in your life.

King Solomon also said " Have you seen some skillful in what he does, before Kings he will stand.

It is extremely rare and highly impossible to beat a software engineer who loves to code for the fun and not for MONEY.

IN Defcon,we call it. " DEFCON 001, Hacking for the fun"!

The lie small small.

Nobi only PhD students.

Do you even know what a PhD student is Mr 17 years old ?
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Bloomsbury(m): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

The lie small small.

Nobi only PhD students.

Do you even know what a PhD student is Mr 17 years old ?

I don't have anything to say to you. Anytime you go to Lagos State University.

Ask students to point you to the office of Dr. Anjorin (Ph.D) Mathematics and ask him about Dennis Abari.

Over and out
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Semaj77(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:

tensazangetsu20
qtguru
nlfpmod
Myndd44
lalasticlala
farano
Disguy
justwise
seun

I won't be surprised if some of these schools are represented by Africans
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
Semaj77:

At all. Top participants at icpc are always Russians and Asians. Number one in the world at this shit is a belurasian guy who schools in Russia. Number two and three are Asian Americans.
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by ThiagoKid(m): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

At all. Top participants at icpc are always Russians and Asians. Number one in the world at this shit is a belurasian guy who schools in Russia. Number two and three are Asian Americans.

Good morning ooo
Please, I wanna ask:
Is this the best time to invest in u.s dollar?

Pansophist.
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Gerrard59(m): 5:38am On Apr 14, 2023
Semaj77:

It will make the news as it means the person is likely the first black or first black blah blah blah. Also, the majority of the represented countries have few black people. Also, these are folks from the undergrad level, so the possibility of say an African student being a participant is almost zero, as to be an undergrad in those countries, you need to know the language. Add the low proportion of blacks in the overall country.
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by pansophist(m): 3:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
ThiagoKid:

Good morning ooo
Please, I wanna ask:

Pansophist.

I dont know bro. Not my field really.
Re: You Can Never See Africans In These Type Of Things, why? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2023
ThiagoKid:

Good morning ooo
Please, I wanna ask:

Pansophist.

How can this be the best time?
With many countries finding alternative to dollar as means of exchange...

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Join The Global Software Industry / Ams4.3 Sending Failed: Interrupted System Call / How To Convert Excel Time To Normal Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.