Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years (1058 Views)

I’m Fed Up With My Childless Marriage - Wife Tells Court / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Prolificlife(f): 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
Good day,

My name is Stella. I came across your blog recently and I must say, I wish I discovered Lively Stones earlier. I see what you are doing to advice people…well done. This life is full of ups and downs and sometimes, life challenges hit you so hard, you begin to question your morals and beliefs in life. I am a 46 years old married woman. I have been married to the love of my life for 13 years. If you do the math, you will see that I married when I was over thirty, so some of the challenges I faced in my marriage, I attributed it to not marrying on time not knowing I was wrong, as in totally wrong.

When I married my husband Fidel, like I said, he was the love of my life. He did not have much but he was the sweetest and most romantic guy I ever met. I fell head over heels in love. And we were determined to make it together. I had some money of my own. We invested and started businesses…we built our small empire. By the grace of God, we have properties, cars and businesses. But the problem was, I couldn’t conceive. Even with all the resources we had, IVF did not work for us.

My husband was very sweet and supportive. Always telling me to trust in God, that God will bless us with our own child one day. By the eight year of our marriage, I suggested that we should adopt a child while we were still waiting….my husband said, lets wait a bit. That if we don’t conceive by the time he clocks 45, we can adopt. The idea was, let us wait a little more but before the end of that year, tragedy struck. I caught my husband cheating with my own secretary. I was hurt. My husband cried and begged for forgiveness. We went to counselling and we worked it out.

After counselling, I noticed my husband was not happy as before. Our communication broke down…it was like, something died in the marriage. I think he started facing depression. I followed the advice of our therapist and told him lets adopt a child, perhaps, a child will heal whatever is broken in our marriage. My husband said, he does not want to adopt cos adoption feels like we do not trust God and that we have given up. I again listened to him and forgot about the adoption.

A few months later, my husband came to me, and said he wanted to tell me how he was feeling. That he loves me and does not want to hurt or betray me but that he had been struggling with the idea that he may never have a child because I cannot give him one. My husband said, if I agree, that he would like to try another woman, to see if the woman can conceive. I was numb. My husband was telling me…asking me to give him permission to f*ck another woman , so he can have a child.

Well, I told him no way, that if he does that, then we are done. He kept silent but then, he stopped talking to me altogether….we would not speak to me for weeks. Then he started keeping late nights. He was getting drunk. He blamed me for his depression. I thought long and hard…I cried and prayed….and then I eventually called him and told him I have agreed for him to try and impregnant another woman. He was grateful and told me that he would never love any other woman but me, no matter if the woman gives him a child.

So, I asked him, who will the woman be…he said said my former secretary. I should have known but my husband explained that it would be better with her cos he knows her and that when he was having an affair with her, she got pregnant but they had to abort cos of me….but I should have known that the fact that he suggested her meant he had not gotten over her. I agreed reluctantly and told him that he can sleep with her but I will not allow him to marry her. He agreed. My husband became himself again. He was lively and happy. Infact, our s3x life improved.

A few months later, he told me the secretary was pregnant. I was so full of regret but happy that my husband would not be without his heir. My husband then said we can now adopt. I adopted a baby girl while the secretary gave birth to a baby boy. It was an unusual arrangement but at least, we managed to be happy by it. I started noticing that my husband loved to spend a lot of time with his baby mama instead of our adopted daughter. I was pained with jealousy but I kept calm.

Then I started seeing the secretary’s social media pictures of her and my husband and the baby, like a perfect family.

…TO BE CONTINUED BY 8PM TODAY—

Anonymous

Do you have a story to share? We want to hear all about it. Email us at livelystonesng@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348029870309

Share This So Many Can See And Learn From The Lesson

For Part Two: https://livelystones.ng/true-life-story-how-i-endured-a-childless-marriage-blamed-myself-for-thirteen-years/

Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Hezzyluv: 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2023
kiss
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Prechgold1180(m): 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hmm
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Caro565: 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
it is well
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2023
Prolificlife:
After counselling, I noticed my husband was not happy as before. Our communication broke down…it was like, something died in the marriage. I think he started facing depression. I followed the advice of our therapist and told him lets adopt a child, perhaps, a child will heal whatever is broken in our marriage. My husband said, he does not want to adopt cos adoption feels like we do not trust God and that we have given up. I again listened to him and forgot about the adoption.
A few months later, my husband came to me, and said he wanted to tell me how he was feeling. That he loves me and does not want to hurt or betray me but that he had been struggling with the idea that he may never have a child because I cannot give him one. My husband said, if I agree, that he would like to try another woman, to see if the woman can conceive. I was numb. My husband was telling me…asking me to give him permission to f*ck another woman , so he can have a child.
ROFLMAO!
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

I see the "Trust in God" excuse eventually flew out the window grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by muyico(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
Fiction or non fiction?
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Foodqueen(f): 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
Come and complete the story here i beg.
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by ItisWell22(f): 8:33am On Apr 09, 2023
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Neweramify(f): 10:06am On Apr 09, 2023
Waiting for the full gist
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by Emma2Seconds: 11:12am On Apr 09, 2023
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by culf: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2023
I hope this is not true. What a heartless man....
Re: How I Endured A Childless Marriage & Blamed Myself For Thirteen Years by IyaTola: 2:04am On Apr 23, 2023
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Buy Long Range Wireless Intercom For Home, Office And Hotels / Elderly Man Jumps Into The Lagos Lagoon / Today Is My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.