Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka (4665 Views)

LP/Obi Vs Bola Tinubu: Datti Baba-Ahmed In Court As INEC Opens Defence / BREAKING: Kingsways Accepts Soyinka's Debate Challenge On Behalf Of Obidients / Bola Ige's Murder: Omisore Replies Soyinka, 'Ask your cousin, OBJ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Nonny95: 7:59am On Apr 09, 2023
Datti Baba-Ahmed through one of the spokespersons of the LP has just said that he is "more than willing" to accept Wole Soyinka's invitation for a televised debate, on the condition that he (Soyinka) brings along with him Bola Ahmed Tinubu to the studio.

Like many Nigerians we are bewildered by the late hour intervention of our respected Nobel laureate Prof Wole Soyinka in issues around the flawed 2023 elections. Where was he all this while?
One of those who should ordinarily and

rightfully be honoured as the conscience of the nation, Prof. Soyinka is now criminalising dissent and infact weighing in on the side of fraud and injustice!
We state therefore that the vice-presidential candidate of Labour Party, Dr. Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed cannot take up Prof. Soyinka's offer of a public debate, not out of cowardice, but for cultural and political reasons. Culturally it's just not decent, their age and accomplishment gaps taken into account, for Datti to sit opposite the 88 year-old global icon and point out his folly to his face, even if the old man called for it. And politically there is no basis for such a challenge in that Prof. is not on any of the opposite ballots.

If however he can use his influence to drag his preferred candidates, who resisted debates throughout the campaign, to the studio this second, Datti says he is more than willing to take them on.

Signed: Obi-Datti Media Office

https://twitter.com/YunusaTanko/status/1644750430826553345?t=axVaSKGnQ8_n7BYrI15skg&s=19

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Jostoman: 8:02am On Apr 09, 2023
W

1 Like

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Aammee77: 8:06am On Apr 09, 2023
grin

6 Likes

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by tballeyy(m): 8:07am On Apr 09, 2023
This Datti daft sha.. medicine after death.
No Sense again? Tinubu I beg borrow dis mumu small brain

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Okoroawusa: 8:10am On Apr 09, 2023
This small boy don dey pass him boundary... well, I don't believe he said this sha

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Nonny95: 8:10am On Apr 09, 2023
tballeyy:
No Sense again? Timubu I beg borrow dis mumu small brain

Take am easy dey wail.

You guys said Soyinka will roast him, and now Datti has accepted the challenge on a condition and you are vomiting venom here.

116 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by othermen: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2023
Datti’s commissioned a coffin for our dying democracy.
The invisible man don’t give a damn.
The prophets are given a drum of war
Rufai to keep the grievance alive, pricks the wound.
Adichie to keep the heat alive, flame the embers.
Set Kongi’s reputation ablaze, and make Baba Iyabo’s burn aglow.
As the mob is set against the other,
the puppeteers , enjoy their Passover.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Nonny95: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2023
Okoroawusa:
This small boy don dey pass him boundary... well, I don't believe he said this sha

Atleast he's a billionaire.

Your father who is he?

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Kabirudeen25(m): 8:13am On Apr 09, 2023
Okoroawusa:
Which stupid boundary?
The one you set from your village?

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by goodnessme1(f): 8:17am On Apr 09, 2023
Upper cut😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by goodnessme1(f): 8:19am On Apr 09, 2023
tballeyy:
No Sense again? Timubu I beg borrow dis mumu small brain
Una don take style dey run now after making noise.

Debate excepted,Let him come to the debate with Tinubu

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by tishbite42: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2023
grin grin
Soyinka has danced naked in the market square

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by tydi(m): 8:21am On Apr 09, 2023
A Soyinka can never be an Achebe. grin

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Freddykrueger: 8:24am On Apr 09, 2023
Datti just give summerslam to the drug OVERLORD!! Person wey fear debate pass prison🤣😂🤣

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Saga16: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2023
President Tinubu cam never come down to Datti's level.
Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by blackpanda: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2023
See the coward. Which one is bring Tinubu Are u still campaigning Smh

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by jconsulting(f): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2023
tydi:

But Achebe cried to his grave when he could no win Nobel Prize condemning it that is not African Award, you will always be second fiddle in this country, Even Forbes billionaire una name no still show.....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Nonny95: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2023
blackpanda:

The Soyinka that called for Debate is he running for any Election?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by JASONjnr(m): 8:37am On Apr 09, 2023
This will be fun to watch....

I hope they won't come after the station to fine them for granting another interview to Datti... Because the old grey headed man, a menace to the country as the founder of all sorts of cultism group called for it...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Vyzz: 8:38am On Apr 09, 2023
grin

But why is Tinubu afraid of interviews cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Mystic216: 8:44am On Apr 09, 2023
Hehehe
People from that side are known for cowardice
You won’t hear from the old man again
Watch and see
Datti my man💯

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by goodnessme1(f): 8:45am On Apr 09, 2023
Vyzz:
grin

But why is Tinubu afraid of interviews cheesy
Because buhari is better than Tinubu

13 Likes

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Doyou2019: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2023
blackpanda:

I see courage. Datti means to go head-to-head with two of the top 10 'Yoruba greats',still alive, yet you dey talk cowardice. You get sense so?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by thisisit: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2023
LET THE DEBATE BEGIN

BUT SOYINKA SHOULD BE REMINDED TO READ HIS BOOK... the man Died..by Woke Soyinka, BEFORE ATTENDING THE DEBATE

OTHERWISE SOYINKA WOULD END UP AS A PROPHET WHO BECAME VICTIM OF HIS OWN PROPHECIES

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by IVORY2009(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2023
Saga16:
selected President thief Tinubu cam never come down to Datti's level.

Lolzzzzs he go hear wennnnn from us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by tydi(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2023
jconsulting:

But Achebe cried to his grave when he could no win Nobel Prize condemning it that is not African Award, you will always be second fiddle in this country, Even Forbes billionaire una name no still show.....

Soyinka is a cultist

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by rinzaugustine: 8:54am On Apr 09, 2023
Soyinka always goofing . Nobody in academia understands the criteria for giving him Nobel prize in 1986 based on his works in drama and poems..and to compound matters he went and collected FRSC Contracts from IBB regime then which shut his mouth from criticizing human rights violations in his own country...smh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Usmanovic95(m): 8:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Bring Tinubu to come drop another banger grin. It will be a good comic relief.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Yourprick: 8:55am On Apr 09, 2023
Ok
Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by Saga16: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2023
IVORY2009:

Lolzzzzs he go hear wennnnn from us

You guys can only make noise.

Inauguration would take place when he'll make decisions impacting your lives.

Best believe.
Re: I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka by AdesegunSanni89: 9:14am On Apr 09, 2023
tydi:
Ofcourse, Soyinka can never be as useless as an Achebe.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TIEFNUBU’S Picture AND YEAR BOOK Removed From CSU Archives? / So Na Igbo Man Put Us For Dis Mess According To Reno Omokri / BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.