Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead (36825 Views)

Prof Osinbajo Pays Tribute To Prince Bola Ajibola, Attends His Funeral / Ex-icj Judge, Bola Ajibola, Is Dead / Alaba Ajibola Is Dating An Igbo Girl (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Guyman01: 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
RIP.
I recall he led Nigeria to the ICJ where he was a judge at a point over the Bakassi Peninsula issue with Cameroon without taking into cognisance that the court was rigged like INEC by having a French judge sit on a matter that France is an interested party on the side of Cameroon and Nigeria lost, but Senator David Mark who is a retired General who defended Bakassi from encroachment as a soldier refused to ratify the judgment on the floor of the Senate putting the implementation of the judgment in limbo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by EmekaA125(m): 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
RIP
Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by koxyz: 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
At the end of every human journey, there comes death.

1 Like

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Atarakpa: 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Why do nairaland is filled with old news.
Seun you need to step up with news.
Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Crafteck1: 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lanre4uonly:
This is a great loss to Ogun State and Nigeria in general.
May Allah be pleased with his return and comfort the bereaved family.

How
Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by inforesource: 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
what are his legacies?
Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by lexy2014: 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lucasinho:
angry

What will he be remembered for?

RIP to him

As short as the article is, you still couldn't read? Let me help u...

A former Judge of the International Court of Justice, Hague, Netherlands.

Ajibola, who was also a former Attorney-General of Nigeria.

Ajibola, the founder of Crescent University, Abeokuta.

14 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by nairalanda1(m): 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
jahsharon:
Another illustrious Yoruba son has joined our ancestors.

Justice Bola Ajibola's son is a SAN, Justice Oputa's son is a street boy at about 70 years. Train your children well.

Oputa's son is also a musician, a showbiz personality, and was a tv presenter and host of his own epynonymous show for several years. Also does activisim. And is married with kids, and grandkids, and does not live on the street per se.

And most of his activisim has been for things like copyright issues for musicians, as well as more rights for motorcycle operators.

(No, I do not agree with a lot of what he says).

At the end of the day, we must not follow our father's profession. Me, I am not into what my dad did for a living. And I am not a SAN, but apparently not being a SAN means that you have failed in your book apparently.

Seriously, stop all this bitterness.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by oluwaseyi0: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lucasinho:
angry

RIP to him

Founded cresent University, a judge at ICC, Hague

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Billmos: 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
See CV!!!!! Mennh such a great certified global law icon of international standard.Rest in peace great man.his sojourn on planet earth can easily be said he came he saw n he conquer.its a great loss to our nation.

5 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by miceroms: 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
DesignMaestro:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/prince-bola-ajibola-eminent-jurist-and-educationist/
This is what is called a remarkable and enviable career.
May he find rest with his maker.

5 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by campbelljosh(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wetin Amosun do am abeg? I didn't hear about it
SheikhMuniru:
Amosun do this man shege with Late Bamgbose both of them spell pepper in the hand of Amosun

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by tishbite42: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
jahsharon:
Another illustrious Yoruba son has joined our ancestors.

Justice Bola Ajibola's son is a SAN, Justice Oputa's son is a street boy at about 70 years. Train your children well.
I'm not a fan of Charles Oputa. Infact I hate so many things about him.
But he is a success in his own right.
Like Ojukwu, he stubbornly stepped out of his father's shadow unlike this Ajibola SAN you're talking about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Truthshscrazy: 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Guyman01:
RIP.
I recall he led Nigeria to the ICJ over the Bakassi Peninsula issue with Cameroon without taking into cognisance that the court was rigged like INEC by having a French judge sit on a matter that France is an interested party on the side of Cameroon and Nigeria lost, but Senator David Mark who is a retired General who defended Bakassi from encroachment as a soldier refused to ratify the judgment on the floor of the Senate putting the implementation of the judgment in limbo
undecided
Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by onuman: 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Good bye to the man who led the SW delegates to join the Northern delegates to refuse the minimal increase in percentage from derivation asked for by the SS and SE delegates during then president Obasanjo's National Political Reforms Conference; a refusal which led to the sudden end of the Conference.
When shall there be an end to stalling of needed political reforms in Nigeria, as well as ending the assistance from the SW MURICs in putting round pegs in square holes at the apex political leadership of Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by nairalanda1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Guyman01:
RIP.
I recall he led Nigeria to the ICJ over the Bakassi Peninsula issue with Cameroon without taking into cognisance that the court was rigged like INEC by having a French judge sit on a matter that France is an interested party on the side of Cameroon and Nigeria lost, but Senator David Mark who is a retired General who defended Bakassi from encroachment as a soldier refused to ratify the judgment on the floor of the Senate putting the implementation of the judgment in limbo

Ha, was waiting for this.

Read the late Nowa Omoigui's excellent series on the Bakassi Pennisula...and you will see why it was a lost case from the word go, and it had nothing to do with a French Judge. It was a goner from the word go.

Part 1 here

Part 2 here

Also, we eventually ratified the thing. It's called the Green tree agreement. Plus when we went to the ICJ, we agreed that we would abide by the ruling.

Before you yell at me, personally I don't like the ruling, and I believe we should have held out for a UN sponsored vote, instead of a court case. Once we went to court, the loss was written in stone.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by bigtt76(f): 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
May his soul rest in peace, Amen. We must give it to IBB though, he nominated the best ministers during his time.

DesignMaestro:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-ex-icj-judge-bola-ajibola-dies-at-89/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by DesChyko: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
This is one impressive portfolio 🙌

3 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by lildush(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Jostoman:
He don go be that na to give account to almighty allah remain.

So those of you that are killing people and destroying peoples property because you want to get power, Continue oo.

Tell Dem ooo maybe they forgot they will die 1 day...

3 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by juman(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
He was obasanjos owu brother.

1 Like

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by JBoss25(m): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Atarakpa:
Why do nairaland is filled with old news.
Seun you need to step up with news.

Who died on Saturday midnight! Didn't you see that?

4 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by seunmohmoh(f): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Here live for the event. Rest on Sir!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Kemistri3(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wow. So sad.

This guy once tried to resolve the issue between Obj and Tinubu over LGA allocations to Lagos

RIP

3 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Joconceptbest4(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lucasinho:
angry

RIP to him
Good question
Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by MetaPhysical: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
May his soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by simply22: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by nairalanda1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
bigtt76:
May his soul rest in peace, Amen. We must give it to IBB though, he nominated the best ministers during his time.

Far be it from me to praise IBB...but his picks for health and justice in particular were good.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by kunleham(m): 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ina Lilah wa ina illahi rajihuna, may Allah azawajjallah grant his soul Aljannah Firdausi.

7 Likes

Re: Prince Bola Ajibola Is Dead by Pat081: 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
People dead every day so nothing special about his own dead and dead do not know may be you are rich or poor na 6feet

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U.S Urges INEC To Address Concerns Before March 11 Elections / Boko Haram Reacts To Trump's Victory, Says 'war Has Just Begun' / Shehu Sani Gets Automatic APC Senatorial Ticket (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.