Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka (8132 Views)

See Where Hausa Traders Relocated To After Mile12 Fight... PIC / Two Students Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen Today (graphic Pictures) / Igbo Traders, Cemetery Workers Clash At Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by volasunkan: 2:04am On Sep 21, 2011
Four feared dead as Fulani herdsmen, Hausa traders clash

On September 21, 2011 · In News

BY WOLE MOSADOMI
Minna- Four people have been confirmed dead at Golbin Boka, in Rijau Local government area of Niger State following a violent clash between some Fulani herdsmen and Hausa traders in the area.

There had been series of armed robberies in the community in the past few weeks, leading to suspicion between different tribes within the community over which group was perpetrating the criminal activities.

Vanguard reliably gathered that the fracas started when one Aliyu believed to be an Hausa trader from the community was attacked while on his way to the village (Golbin Boka) to transact some businesses.

He was said to have fought back by engaging his attackers in a scuffle which eventually led to one of them (attackers) being seriously injured.

Aliyu was said to have narrated his ordeal in the hands of the attackers to his kinsmen, who embarked on a manhunt for the suspected armed robbers.

According to the sources, while Aliyu’s kinsmen were busy hunting for his alleged attackers, some Fulani herdsmen whose kinsman was allegedly wounded by Aliyu during the scuffle were said to have stormed the market and started unleashing terror on any Hausa man on sight, leading to immediate retaliation form the Hausa community during which four people were confirmed killed.

Niger State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Assistant Superintendent Richard Oguche, confirmed the story, saying however, that no arrests have been made even as investigations had begun.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/four-feared-dead-as-fulani-herdsmen-hausa-traders-clash/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by saintneo(m): 2:30am On Sep 21, 2011
Hmm! What's the difference? Traders and Herdsmen is all I see. Fulani and Hausa are the same.

Nevertheless, the should resolve their issues amicably.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by htajz: 6:00am On Sep 21, 2011
lol grin grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by jamace(m): 6:55am On Sep 21, 2011
Hmnn.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by PointB: 6:58am On Sep 21, 2011
@Topic,

It looks like a family matter to me; an internal affair!  grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by KnowAll(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2011
‘Gambari’ pa ‘Fulani’ ko sejo be – Hausa man kills Fulani man there is no case to answer?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by nusdog: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2011
Gradually, the spell on Nigeria will be cast off.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by maclatunji: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2011
So far the responses to this thread have not been very smart. If it was Fulani herdsmen killed members of a predominantly Christian tribe, you would have held it has evidence of Muslim intolerance (Jos immediately comes to mind here).

However, the truth is that Farmers and Nomads will almost always clash without proper regulation by government in terms of providing land for both purposes. People like you just give it a religious colouration to validate your feeble logic and incorrect beliefs thereby blowing the conflict out of proportion and leading to thousands of unnecessary deaths.

We need to know that every time we comment in public we are helping to mould the opinions of other people- let us propagate positive ideas and sentiments and not imply that some lives are less valuable than others thereby devaluing ours.

Shame on all of you who do that.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by nusdog: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2011
^^^
Muslims kill themselves on a regular basis, even more than members of other religions. This is no news. So what the heck are you rambling about.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by maclatunji: 10:22am On Sep 21, 2011
Read my post again- slowly.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by Akanbiedu(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2011
maclatunji:

Read my post again- slowly.

grin grin grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by aljharem3: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2011
maclatunji:

So far the responses to this thread have not been very smart. If it was Fulani herdsmen killed members of a predominantly Christian tribe, you would have held it has evidence of Muslim intolerance (Jos immediately comes to mind here).

However, the truth is that Farmers and Nomads will almost always clash without proper regulation by government in terms of providing land for both purposes. People like you just give it a religious colouration to validate your feeble logic and incorrect beliefs thereby blowing the conflict out of proportion and leading to thousands of unnecessary deaths.

We need to know that every time we comment in public we are helping to mould the opinions of other people- let us propagate positive ideas and sentiments and not imply that some lives are less valuable than others thereby devaluing ours.

Shame on all of you who do that.

thank you tunji

this people are wicked as u can see
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2011
Things Fall Apart, the Center can no longer hold, now they are turning against each other
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by cold(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

@Topic,

It looks like a family matter to me; an internal affair!  grin
grin  internal matter indeed,6 of one,half a dozen of the other.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by okpurukata(f): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
Are these Fulani herdsmen human beigns at all? Or are they the same as the animals they are rearing. This is a cause for concern.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by Goldenheart(m): 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
a ''male'' killed a ''man'' are they not the same? let those animals hunt themselves,
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by dellnet: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
maclatunji:

lol - the ejiot boxes here cant separate brain wash, reality and fiction,,,,glad folks like you can see the difference.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by juman(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
**Gambari pa Fulani ko ni ejo ninu**
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by Fokativ: 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
KnowAll:

‘Gambari’ pa ‘Fulani’ ko sejo be – Hausa man kills Fulani man there is no case to answer?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by tunnytox(m): 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
juman:

**Gambari pa Fulani ko ni ejo ninu**
KnowAll:

Guys una too wicked sha! grin grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by juman(m): 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
Unfortunate
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
I've come to the conclusion that Fulanis and Ijaws are the biggest trouble makers in Nigeria. They are probably the only group have have the courage to look for trouble outside their domain.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by wellheads(m): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
I really wonder where "human conscience " lie nowadays.

People killing each other is bad enough.

What more do you then say about NLers who are happy that souls are being lost? Have you ever imagined if it were to be you.

The worst ones will then spoil everything by attributing it to Islam.

Na wa o! God help us to reason straight.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by udezue(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
Good for both groups. Isn't it amazing that the same people in that region who tried to exterminate us are now exterminating themselves? Its a curse. The Fulani are isolating themselves day by day.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by moshoodn(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
Muhehehehehe. . . . I laugh in Hausa!

. . . But Niger state has always been peaceful besides Suleja.

Think its time i relocate from Niger back to the Lagos i was born and bred!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by IG: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
What is all this noise about the center not holding anymore? Anybody that knows even a little about Hausas and Fulanis knows that the two groups are distinct and not very fond of each other. The Fulanis being nomads almost always clash with the Hausas who are generally farmers or traders. This has been happening long before Nigeria.

And I always say that there is nothing like Hausa-Fulani. That is a term created by the Southern press. If you are Fulani you know it, if you are Hausa you know it, there is nothing in between. As usual I am disappointed by Nairalanders who are happy that people are fighting and killing themselves. A few posts later, they will claim they are educated unlike the Almajiris, but surprisingly they don't prove to be better.

Just for the record, I hate to see different groups in Nigeria fighting. Whether it's Ijaw vs Itsekiri or Ife vs Modakeke it all boils down to some section of Nigeria retrogressing. And we should all be worried about that.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
IG:

What is all this noise about the center not holding anymore? Anybody that knows even a little about Hausas and Fulanis knows that the two groups are distinct and not very fond of each other. The Fulanis being nomads almost always clash with the Hausas who are generally farmers or traders. This has been happening long before Nigeria.

And I always say that there is nothing like Hausa-Fulani. That is a term created by the Southern press. If you are Fulani you know it, if you are Hausa you know it, there is nothing in between. As usual I am disappointed by Nairalanders who are happy that people are fighting and killing themselves. A few posts later, they will claim they are educated unlike the Almajiris, but surprisingly they don't prove to be better.

Just for the record, I hate to see different groups in Nigeria fighting. Whether it's Ijaw vs Itsekiri or Ife vs Modakeke it all boils down to some section of Nigeria retrogressing. And we should all be worried about that.

This is why we need to sit down and nagotiate Ngieria. The diffrrent ethnic nationalities are yet to see themselves as Nigerians. Why the pretence?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by DaThinka: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2011
For the ignorant on this forum, the Habe people whom we all know as the Hausa are totally different from the Fula or Fulani as we know them. The Hausa people who are also found in Ghana are peaceful but same cannot be said about the fulani. But like everything in the north, it has been blurred by religion. The Fulani exploit their stance as puritan Muslims to enslave the Hausa and you find out that the uneducated are mainly the habe people. Their are 14 emirates in the north and the Fulani rule 13. The Hausa people have been systematically deprived of education and blinded by religion. But Nigeria is at a threshold and enlightenment will set them free soon.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by mallorca(m): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
i wept for Nigeria
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by rasputinn(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2011
mallorca:

i wept for Nigeria
[/quote

No it's wepted
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by Basics007: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
KnowAll:

immediately i saw this thread title i knew someone will bring this proverb here
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Hausa Traders Clash At Golbin Boka by ksam(m): 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2011
mallorca:

i wept for Nigeria
i will prefer u save ur tears and pray for nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO: Lagos Driver Has Sex With Polytechnic Student, Posts Unclad Photos Online / Man Who Dressed Like A Lady To Extort Money From Guys, Caught & Stripped (photos / Facebook Fraudster Bags Two-Year Jail Term In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.