Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) (5451 Views)

Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. / Sadaqa Is A Reason For The Increase In Provision / Etiquettes Of Giving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by hgnbello(m): 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem

All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds, and may His peace and blessings be upon His final messenger, Muhammad, and upon his family and companions.

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam, Today, I would like to talk about the importance of giving Sadaqa, the voluntary charity that we give for the sake of Allah.

As Muslims, we are blessed with many opportunities to give Sadaqa, whether it is in the form of Zakat, which is a compulsory charity that we give once a year, or other forms of voluntary charity, such as helping the needy, supporting Islamic causes, and contributing to the well-being of our community.

Giving Sadaqa is an essential part of our faith, and it carries great rewards and benefits, both in this life and in the hereafter. Allah has promised us in the Quran that those who give Sadaqa will receive manifold rewards from Him, and their wealth will not decrease as a result of their giving. Allah says in Surah Al-Baqarah:

"The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing." [2:261]

Brothers and sisters, giving Sadaqa is not only a means of earning rewards, but it is also a way of purifying our wealth and purifying our souls. When we give Sadaqa, we demonstrate our gratitude to Allah for the blessings He has bestowed upon us, and we acknowledge that everything we have comes from Him. By giving to those in need, we strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood in our community, and we fulfill our obligation to help those who are less fortunate.

Moreover, giving Sadaqa is a way of seeking the pleasure of Allah and earning His forgiveness. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Charity extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire." [Tirmidhi]

Dear brothers and sisters, we should always remember that the wealth we possess is not truly ours, but it is a trust from Allah. Therefore, we should use it in a way that pleases Him and benefits others. Giving Sadaqa is a way of fulfilling this trust, and it is a means of earning the love and mercy of Allah.

In conclusion, let us remember the importance of giving Sadaqa and the great rewards and benefits that come with it. Let us strive to give generously for the sake of Allah, and let us purify our wealth and souls through our charitable acts. May Allah accept our Sadaqa and bless us with His mercy and forgiveness.

And Allah knows best.

Follow us on our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/muftiMenkfollowers?mibextid=ZbWKwL

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Debangis20(m): 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ameen!

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Tecnophone: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2023
Allah is greatest

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by abdullahi45: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2023
hgnbello:
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem

All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds, and may His peace and blessings be upon His final messenger, Muhammad, and upon his family and companions.

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam, Today, I would like to talk about the importance of giving Sadaqa, the voluntary charity that we give for the sake of Allah.

As Muslims, we are blessed with many opportunities to give Sadaqa, whether it is in the form of Zakat, which is a compulsory charity that we give once a year, or other forms of voluntary charity, such as helping the needy, supporting Islamic causes, and contributing to the well-being of our community.

Giving Sadaqa is an essential part of our faith, and it carries great rewards and benefits, both in this life and in the hereafter. Allah has promised us in the Quran that those who give Sadaqa will receive manifold rewards from Him, and their wealth will not decrease as a result of their giving. Allah says in Surah Al-Baqarah:

"The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing." [2:261]

Brothers and sisters, giving Sadaqa is not only a means of earning rewards, but it is also a way of purifying our wealth and purifying our souls. When we give Sadaqa, we demonstrate our gratitude to Allah for the blessings He has bestowed upon us, and we acknowledge that everything we have comes from Him. By giving to those in need, we strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood in our community, and we fulfill our obligation to help those who are less fortunate.

Moreover, giving Sadaqa is a way of seeking the pleasure of Allah and earning His forgiveness. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Charity extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire." [Tirmidhi]

Dear brothers and sisters, we should always remember that the wealth we possess is not truly ours, but it is a trust from Allah. Therefore, we should use it in a way that pleases Him and benefits others. Giving Sadaqa is a way of fulfilling this trust, and it is a means of earning the love and mercy of Allah.

In conclusion, let us remember the importance of giving Sadaqa and the great rewards and benefits that come with it. Let us strive to give generously for the sake of Allah, and let us purify our wealth and souls through our charitable acts. May Allah accept our Sadaqa and bless us with His mercy and forgiveness.

And Allah knows best.

Follow us on our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/muftiMenkfollowers?mibextid=ZbWKwL

Jazakallahu khairan

6 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2023
Pls I need help. I am in school and things are so terrible with me. I feel like giving up Now cos I have nobody to call for help. I am almost thinking of something stupid due to the hardship. I appeal to you in Allah's Name to please reach out to me. Pls.

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 9:42am On Apr 14, 2023
Tecnophone:
Allah is greatest

Pls help me
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Tecnophone: 9:43am On Apr 14, 2023
I'm all ears
Flapp478:

Pls help me
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by hikmojj(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2023
أحسن الله عليكم أخي، شكرا

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2023
Tecnophone:
I'm all ears
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by ugodson(m): 9:46am On Apr 14, 2023
Am a Christian, but i believe giving or giving arms is very essential to our health, wealth and spirituality. Good talk

10 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 9:50am On Apr 14, 2023
ugodson:
Am a Christian, but i believe giving or giving arms is very essential to our health, wealth and spirituality. Good talk

I'm in need of ur help if u can. Thanks
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by motayoayinde: 10:08am On Apr 14, 2023
BAARAKALLAHU FEEK.
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2023
Tecnophone:
I'm all ears

It is well o. Thanks
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by dopedealer(m): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2023
Ops message is very beneficial. Jazakallah Khair. May Allah reward you . Ameen

Few examples of charity in islam include

Giving arms to the needy
Removing bad objects from the road
Feeding your wife with food / water
Greeting people with a smile on your face
Giving good advice and guardians to younger once
Feeding the poor
Etc

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by chillychill(f): 10:57am On Apr 14, 2023
Jazakumllahu khayran

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2023
dopedealer:
Ops message is very beneficial. Jazakallah Khair. May Allah reward you . Ameen

Few examples of charity in islam include

Giving arms to the needy
Removing bad objects from the road
Feeding your wife with food / water
Greeting people with a smile on your face
Giving good advice and guardians to younger once
Feeding the poor
Etc

Pls help a soul in dire need. Help an orphan
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 11:02am On Apr 14, 2023
All these are lip-services. Talking the talk, but nobody is ready to walk the talk. Allah know the heart of any man no matter what

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by youngsahito(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2023
Flapp478:
Pls I need help. I am in school and things are so terrible with me. I feel like giving up Now cos I have nobody to call for help. I am almost thinking of something stupid due to the hardship. I appeal to you in Allah's Name to please reach out to me. Pls. Though I am not a Muslim but I believe in the fact that we worship one God and I love you all. Thank you and Allah bless you. Pls I don't need "Likes" . I would rather u quote and help me. Thanks
how can u prove ur story to be true for us?

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 11:18am On Apr 14, 2023
youngsahito:

Sir, while this is a faceless forum, and while the society is also totally corrupt and filled with some criminal elements, I can confirm that my claims are truth in totality and I wouldn't lie to gain public sympathy. God is on the throne always. Thank you
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by rolams(m): 11:33am On Apr 14, 2023
Jazakumllah Khairan for this topic.

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by Flapp478(m): 11:51am On Apr 14, 2023
youngsahito:

I expect your revert sir. Thank you
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by paperboi147: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
Ameen

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by adam4success(m): 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Salam alaikum.check your mail.
rolams:
Jazakumllah Khairan for this topic.
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by rolams(m): 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2023
adam4success:
Salam alaikum.check your mail.

Wa alaikum Salam. Message Replied!
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by ANTISLAM: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Awon beggars full religion of allah sha
Re: The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) by hgnbello(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2023
abdullahi45:

Jazakallahu khairan

Ameen.

Wa iyak

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Baby With Allah On Its Forehead...God Is Great! / Greediness And Its Treatment / Islam Enjoins Thinking Well Of Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.