Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 (31935 Views)

Barcelona Vs PSG: UCL (1 - 4) On 16th April 2024 / Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by McStoic(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2023
kenostika:
Saka is a big sell out.He needs to be watched carefully.Imangine not being serious at this crucial stage of the season.He was even clapping at the end of the game.That boy really does not understand what is astake.What a pity

Lol..I was wondering too. He has been poor of late as it seems teams have figured out how to stop him.
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by arantess: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2023
AImiron:
lmao, on that day Una chop like 4/5 goals.

Arsenal too small, City na Una FATHER...

You and who dey do title decider, City go flog Una like mumu, as usual...
I'm sure your team is in 11th position
Keep looking up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by BmAe: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2023
Rahkman:
Lol except u beat mancity at etihad anything less than a win in etihad it is finished,not even drawing there will save you
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Caveatemptor(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2023
Suspect33:
all Arsenal needs to do is win all their games and they are champions grin

Apparently you are forgetting City's game in hand and the fact you have to go to the Etihad.
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Teeklef(m): 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
AImiron:
Arsenal fans lmao

EPL na City's birthright, Una go try at the na City go win am...

Epele o...
DJ sinkin🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by PHZADDY1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

Which sir Alex
How many times did man u get above 90 points when he was their coach
do you know the quality of dogged players in the EPL back then in Sir Alex Era? Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal has a killer squad then too,fighters,real fighters,I mean suicide squad o,not all this Mudryk,Diogo Jota,Tyrell Malacia and G.martinelli...Omo it was a war to win the EPL during that Era so don't say shit please

5 Likes

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by AImiron: 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
arantess:

I'm sure your team is in 11th position
Keep looking up
Mumu shey I resemble Chelscum fan for your eyes, oloribu scan through my profile....

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Jokerman(m): 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2023
JJuanMiguel:

Not with 96, 97, 99, 100 points

EPL was tougher then than now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by 6ixT8: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2023
Champions don't bottle 2 goals! We try again next season.
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by drsibz66(m): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2023
Flango:
I think folks should cut Arsenal some slack. From the natural growth of Arsenal, the team was made to crack the top 4 this year. They started on fire, hence, talk of a title race. Yet they took it on regardless. The problem here isn't Arsenal. In the past, at this rate, Arsenal would have been champions. It's just that Pep's City took it to a different level.

Let's not forget that Liverpool did 97 points and still finished 2nd to Man City. Did you see that? 97 points shocked. The great Man united teams of Fegurson, which one did 97 points? It's just that bad now. To finally win the league again, Liverpool has to do 99 points. That's crazy. To compete against this City team, you're expected to win almost all your matches. I'm not sure even Ferguson would have survived it.

What all the clubs should do now is to join hands with the English FA to ensure mancity are guilty of those charges against them so the can be relegated. Or lunch a campaign to chase Pep out of England. At this rate, even next season no sure for other clubs. Jude Bellingham is coming...

Nice write up. You just gave a full analysis of the current tide in epl. Pep has actually take the level to newer heights. Feeguson self dey learn at this rate.

4 Likes

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by fabolouz1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
Though one of Arsenal rivals , I had supported them to win the trophy after my club disappointed but as it stands Man.city are winning it except the unthinkable happens.
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by osazsky(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
Rahkman:
Lol except u beat mancity at etihad anything less than a win in etihad it is finished,not even drawing there will save you
not possible sir....not this current city..it will end 3 nil in favor of city...then our game in hand...só se are Already leading arsenal with 2 points

4 Likes

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by iykofias(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
Flango:

It's not easy now. Remember Ferguson could do what Bayern does in the Bundlesliga. He could buy the best players from the league. He took Cantona, Ferdinand, Carrick from Spurs. He took Tevez, name them. But what do we have now, small clubs are capable of holding on to players now. Arsenal couldn't bully Brighton to collect Caicedo. Chelsea paid heavily for Fofona, etc. Man united can't even sign a player from Spurs. In Fegurson's era, Kane should have be at United by now. Don't also forget that the small clubs are signing big managers from Europe. Unai Emery, Loputgui, even Anceloti coached Everton. I don't think it's easier now.
I’m sure if Jesus had taken the pk and missed, Arsenal fans would have something else to say. Nothing is as fickle as a football fan

1 Like

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
Rubyjade:
Conte did not mess up, that team id an average team in EPL

Good... What do you call Man United?!! An elite team of superstars?!! grin

2 Likes

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Abdulmumin412(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
Flango:
I think folks should cut Arsenal some slack. From the natural growth of Arsenal, the team was made to crack the top 4 this year. They started on fire, hence, talk of a title race. Yet they took it on regardless. The problem here isn't Arsenal. In the past, at this rate, Arsenal would have been champions. It's just that Pep's City took it to a different level.

Let's not forget that Liverpool did 97 points and still finished 2nd to Man City. Did you see that? 97 points shocked. The great Man united teams of Fegurson, which one did 97 points? It's just that bad now. To finally win the league again, Liverpool has to do 99 points. That's crazy. To compete against this City team, you're expected to win almost all your matches. I'm not sure even Ferguson would have survived it.

What all the clubs should do now is to join hands with the English FA to ensure mancity are guilty of those charges against them so the can be relegated. Or lunch a campaign to chase Pep out of England. At this rate, even next season no sure for other clubs. Jude Bellingham is coming...
Funny but true
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
Rubyjade:
Which history, that's the ONLY trophy eluding PEP with city, Jurgen has done it with Liverpool but PEP cannot replicate the same here in England
Pep won UCL in Barcelona, did Jurgen win any for his German club no!.... Chelsea and Man United combine have only 5 Champions league titles, Pep won it twice for Barca.. he single handedly relegated Man united and Chelsea from smelling the EPL Trophy for over 6years now....PepWin is the best! ManCity is the best club in the world currently! And we will make history by claiming the EPL, FACUP and UCL in few weeks time!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by BeanmanX(m): 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
Torpedo23:

You didn't fight today: how the hell are you going to do any yeye fighting to the end.

The party is over, man. Move!!!
It's not over yet until it's over.
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Qasim6(m): 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
eddie7:

I'm seeing my Chelsea returning to winning ways by beating arsenal....my mind doesn't deceive me cheesy cheesy cheesy

So, u agree say Chelsea go chop beating till 2nd of may wey dem go play Arsenal??
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Reference(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
maestro299:
You guys were supposed to win THIS match. The calculation was to win 'easy' fixtures like West Ham, Chelsea 😁, Nottingham Forest and Wolves, then scrape past Brighton and Newcastle and maybe nick a draw with City. But you guys have already started dropping points against teams you should be beating. It's not looking good...

grin This is the Premiership and the reason why we love it is because the drama never ends. If the script is predictable the fun stops.
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by arantess: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
Reference:

But he should have seen that the lad was jaded. He wasn't himself today. He was not sharp. Something was wrong and it up to the coach to notice things like that and overide the decision.

I am not a soccer coach but the concept of a permanent penalty taker is not it. Penalties are 70 percent psychological especially in the heat of a hard game and I would prefer to allow the "hottest" player in my team at the moment to take it.

I still insist Jesus should have taken it. He was the best player in that team uptil that time. Anything else to me was just a gamble and unfortunately at this stage of the season the stakes are monumental.
Nope

Coaches do not override penalty decisions

Each team has a designated PK taker and an assistant
If he feels he's not confident enough, he can decide to hand it to whom he likes if the assistant is not on the pitch

Even in Penalty shootouts, players are asked to step up if they are up to it....you don't force player to take PK

2 Likes

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by osazsky(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
Flango:

cháse pep out of england grin
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by opera1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
Gunner has Gone
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by McStoic(m): 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
Ray07:
Match fixing . . . Nothing them go tell me. sad
Naso ticket go

Na correct guy you be. People never know England. I pity who no fear them
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by eddie7: 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2023
F I N A L S C O R E

West Ham MANCITY 2 Vs Arsenal 2

1 Like

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
osazsky:
i know Southampton will play like bacca on fri night
Southampton no dey play to escape relegation anymore.... because their relegation na sure banker!
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by osazsky(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
Ray07:
Match fixing . . . Nothing them go tell me. sad
Naso ticket go
if arsenal had won..we are d gunners...the late bournemout winner wasnt match fixed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Judolisco(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
LesbianBoy:
Arsenal would still win the league. But they will crawl over the line grin
dem get man city, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton and some teams wey dey battle relegation... Almighty Brighton and Newcastle dey wait for them

1 Like

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by eddie7: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
Qasim6:

So, u agree say Chelsea go chop beating till 2nd of may wey dem go play Arsenal??

We no mind in as much as say somebody no lift any trophy as well....though be reminded that we're winning the champion's league

1 Like 1 Share

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Lagosianswag: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
Yemike:

It's easy to get 99 points now cuz the gulf in class is too wide with the big club's private owners throwing money around like paper.

Manchester United spent over 1 billion in Transfers post Ferguson era but still couldn't buy the League undecided.
Pep Guardiola is not your average league manager. For the past 14 seasons since he started his senior coaching career he's never finished 4th in any league be it in Spain, Germany or England.
In fact the only time he finished 3rd in any league was in his first season in Manchester City and he has averaged 90 points since then.
Pep Guardiola is the greatest league coach in a 20 year coaching time span.
At this point every other team will just have to settle to beating him to the league once in a while after a couple of seasons.
He's been ever consistent season in season out.
Arsenal tried this season, maybe it would be Manchester United's turn to give him the chase next season. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by osazsky(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Southampton no dey play to escape relegation anymore.... because their relegation na sure banker!
all i pray for is a draw..then city will have 2 games in hand...this current city can beat Anybody
Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by arantess: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
Flango:

Alternatively clubs should look for sugar daddies like Mancity and Newcastle's and buy plenty plenty players, cheat FFP and see what's up

I support clubs supporting punishment for city to be deducted points or relegated

1 Like

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 16th April 2023 by Suspect33(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
Rahkman:
if we draw at the Etihad and win our other games, we win the league by a point

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Fc Astana Vs Manchester United : Europa League (2 - 1) On 28th November 2019 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham (2 - 3) On 19th February 2022 / Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 28th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.