Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den (821 Views)

Can Tinubu Win 80% Votes In The North ? / If A Presidential Candidate Wins The Majority Of The Votes But Doesn't Have 25% / I Thought Obi Was Twitter President Until I Reached INEC Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Benwallt(m): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
The Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Prof. Itse Sagay has alleged that the Igbos already concluded that the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi would win the election after giving him over 80% votes in their region, however, 2 regions, the northeast and the northwest killed the dream of Obi.

Sagay who spoke while fielding questions on Channels Television described the 2023 elections in terms of representing the minds and wishes of Nigerians in an election as one of the best in the country. He alleged that throughout the whole country, it is the same sort of accuracy and reflection on the feelings of Nigerians and Tinubu's emergence as the president-elect is credible and fair.

Sagay also allegedly added that the Igbos were disastrous to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu in the just concluded presidential poll and after they had given Peter Obi over 80 percent votes in their region, they already concluded that Obi would win, but the northwest and northeast killed the dream of Peter Obi.

He said, "Igbos thought Obi would win the election after over 80% votes, but 2 regions killed his dream. But above all, what gave Tinubu the edge was his capacity to organize, plan and plant agencies and supporters and various administrative bodies all over the states in the country. The Labour Party, did excellently well in some areas, especially in the southeast but his dream were rued in the northeast and northwest regions.

Source: Channels Television.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by bigpriik: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Even if peter obi lost why didnt INEc upload results straight from plolling unit as they promised enough is enough for transparency,fasting and lying equals hunger strike Allah cannot be mocked.
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by yarimo(m): 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigpriik:
Even if peter obi lost why didnt INEc upload results straight from plolling unit as they promised enough is enough for transparency,fasting and lying equals hunger strike Allah cannot be mocked.
narrations of losers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by bigpriik: 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
yarimo:
narrations of losers
fasting and lying no regard for Allah continue starving man.
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by yarimo(m): 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigpriik:

fasting and lying no regard for Allah continue starving man.
And everyone here must be Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Jokay07(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigpriik:
Bigpriik, I am sure all the results have been uploaded on inec portal.
Obi lost not because the election was rigged.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by bigpriik: 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Jokay07:

Bigpriik, I am sure all the results have been uploaded on inec portal.
Obi lost not because the election was rigged.

After Una don tamper with am we shall see in court .
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Benwallt(m): 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigpriik:

You took Yakubu words as law. Transmission electronically is unlawful. A mere wish of the INEC chairman. You can see where Obi lost the contest but some just decided to be mischievous

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by APCNig: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
They are currently mesmerized and flaggerbasted
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by RuddyFusion(m): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
Just look at the utterances of a supposed learned person......

Is OBI project an IGBO Project?
What is wrong with this people?
What?
OBI this, OBI that, is he the only one that contested the election?
Why could they not upload results?
Why did they stolen his votes and transfer it Tinubu?
Why can't they keep him out of their mouth? Why?
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by babydioku(f): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
Funny how yorubas were shitting in their pants during Lagos elections
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by santthikick: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
tongue
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Christistruth03: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigpriik:

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Christistruth03: 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by theredaddy: 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
RuddyFusion:
Just look at the utterances of a supposed learned person......

Is OBI project an IGBO Project?
What is wrong with this people?
What?
OBI this, OBI that, is he the only one that contested the election?
Why could they not upload results?
Why did they stolen his votes and transfer it Tinubu?
Why can't they keep him out of their mouth? Why?

Who did you vote for, if i may ask
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by chinchum(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
I kept asking the same question, but got no answer I even asked lp adherents to mention at least 7 states in the North obi will get 25%, while still taking in to account he will not achieve 25 % in some south west states. Obi needed 24 states and there are 17 states in the South versus 19 states in the North

I predicted Obi will get 6.5 million votes 3 weeks to the election. I projected he would win Plateau and FCT, for Nasarawa, i knew it was a possibility and gave him the highest vote with other 2 contenders. I was proven right. If the election is conducted 10 times in 2023, he will lose. He did NOT have a national SPREAD A rerun with either Atiku or Tinubu will mean he suffer a heavier loss as his best performance can only happen when all the other strong contenders were on a ballot.

This election showed the hollowness of the so called educated youths in the South who do not understand the peculiarity of Nigerias geographical spread. I gave all of these projections not with a foot in Nigeria for some years now.

Obi got a lot of traction more weeks to the election due to money and fuel scarcity as his supporters were more likely to come out and vote inspite of the scarcity compared to APC and even PDP. Obis campaign was also layed heavily on a religious divide since CAN took a position.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by DMerciful(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
Its normal for APC beneficiaries to praise the highly compromised elections as the best
Benwallt:
The Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Prof. Itse Sagay has alleged that the Igbos already concluded that the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi would win the election after giving him over 80% votes in their region, however, 2 regions, the northeast and the northwest killed the dream of Obi.

Sagay who spoke while fielding questions on Channels Television described the 2023 elections in terms of representing the minds and wishes of Nigerians in an election as one of the best in the country. He alleged that throughout the whole country, it is the same sort of accuracy and reflection on the feelings of Nigerians and Tinubu's emergence as the president-elect is credible and fair.

Sagay also allegedly added that the Igbos were disastrous to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu in the just concluded presidential poll and after they had given Peter Obi over 80 percent votes in their region, they already concluded that Obi would win, but the northwest and northeast killed the dream of Peter Obi.

He said, "Igbos thought Obi would win the election after over 80% votes, but 2 regions killed his dream. But above all, what gave Tinubu the edge was his capacity to organize, plan and plant agencies and supporters and various administrative bodies all over the states in the country. The Labour Party, did excellently well in some areas, especially in the southeast but his dream were rued in the northeast and northwest regions.

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Owoino: 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
My question is,how did Peter Gringory Obi expect to win if he didn't win any state in the NE,NW and only 1 out of six in the SW?
IPOB people have no sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by sapele914(m): 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigpriik:
Why did the bank transfer I initiated take 30 minutes, but NIP said instant payment?

Nemo dat quod non habet ("no one gives what he does not have".
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Raskimonojendor: 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Benwallt:

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Raskimonojendor: 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
chinchum:
I kept asking the same question, but got no answer I even asked lp adherents to mention at least 7 states in the North obi will get 25%, while still taking in to account he will not achieve 25 % in some south west states. Obi needed 24 states and there are 17 states in the South versus 19 states in the North

I predicted Obi will get 6.5 million votes 3 weeks to the election. I projected he would win Plateau and FCT, for Nasarawa, i knew it was a possibility and gave him the highest vote with other 2 contenders. I was proven right. If the election is conducted 10 times in 2023, he will lose. He did NOT have a national SPREAD A rerun with either Atiku or Tinubu will mean he suffer a heavier loss as his best performance can only happen when all the other strong contenders were on a ballot.

This election showed the hollowness of the so called educated youths in the South who do not understand the peculiarity of Nigerias geographical spread. I gave all of these projections not with a foot in Nigeria for some years now.

Obi got a lot of traction more weeks to the election due to money and fuel scarcity as his supporters were more likely to come out and vote inspite of the scarcity compared to APC and even PDP. Obis campaign was also layed heavily on a religious divide since CAN took a position.
He had no solid pathway to winning the election. The only pathway he had was the religious pathway which he fully exploited, but that was bound to fail as well. Because the Yorubas don't usually vote along religious lines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by APCNig: 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Benwallt:

We humiliated them
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by Benwallt(m): 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
APCNig:

We humiliated them

Totally
Re: Igbos Thought Obi Would Win The Election After Over 80% Votes, But 2 Regions Den by chinchum(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

He had no solid pathway to winning the election. The only pathway he had was the religious pathway which he fully exploited, but that was bound to fail as well. Because the Yorubas don't usually vote along religious lines.
Absolutely. He will obtain less votes if election is conducted again.

(1) (Reply)

How Will Druglords Tinubu Appointed As Director In Compass Ltd Influence Policy / CSU & Bola Tinubu Saga: Documents Atiku Wants / Tonye Barcanista Hands Over Ijaw Leadership On Nairaland To General Ditari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.