Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events (32041 Views)

Soyinka To UN: Declare Nigeria As Protectorates To Stop Bandits ‘Slave Trade’ / Wole Soyinka To Amotekun Operatives: Ogun Will Strike If You Abuse Your Uniform / Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by duro4chang(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
Lashist:

Yes..Na ndi developers give LP so much votes in lagos cheesy
Yes daddy. Thank you daddy. Amen daddy.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by Gabriel004: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
toneroforever:

Soyinka no see Achebe shoe.
Achebe pass soyinka till tomorrow.
Even in his grave, if he hears you say this, achebe will slap you
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by Crystalmero: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
GOOD DAY EVERYONE...

Do you have an ABANDONED VEHICLE FOR SALE within LAGOS?

Give us a CALL or CHAT @07061538159
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mikebjoe:
you mean only the obid iot have the right to talk wonderful nobody has the monopoly to madness fulani has take good 8years of blackmail and insult from the obid iot not everybody will take that okay young man 😎
It's okay.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
tonicyril:
Ok... congratulations...

But I am sure u re now seeing how u and Ur cohort hate anything yorubas...make Una continue grin
Obidients movement don't hate Yorubas, it's Yorubas who are saying LP is Igbo party, just because the governorship candidate for Lagos State married from Igbo land and the Presidential candidate is an Igbo man, I have said it before that LP is a party of all tribes, if you don't accept it, then leave it that way.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by tonicyril: 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2023
mechanics:
Obidients movement don't hate Yorubas, it's Yorubas who are saying LP is Igbo party, just because the governorship candidate for Lagos State married from Igbo land and the Presidential candidate is an Igbo man, I have said it before that LP is a party of all tribes, if you don't accept it, then leave it that way.
Concerning the Lagos aspirant, what would u have to say about his ill-rant about the yorubas?
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
A very useless and unknown group.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by Invitationn: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
Houseontherock1:
Obidients are hurting...the pain is real! The pain is oozing out of their keyboards!
He only called them fascists.
I still don’t get why they’re mad!
Don’t they know they’re fascists.
I honestly thought they knew… they should own it graciously.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by Kay25(m): 9:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
I dey 😄 😅 boycott it won't make him k stop being a Nobel laureate...na una wey boycott go never achieve anything good up to the man
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
tonicyril:
Concerning the Lagos aspirant, what would u have to say about his ill-rant about the yorubas?
i didn't see the comments, my take is that Tinubu was not the choice of the masses, he was rigged into power, if it will be a free and fair election without rigging, he won't win.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by tonicyril: 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
mechanics:
i didn't see the comments, my take is that Tinubu was not the choice of the masses, he was rigged into power, if it will be a free and fair election without rigging, he won't win.
don't bend nyash..I didn't ask about tinubu, I ask about CRV comments about the yorubas
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by KoolBigk(m): 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
MadeINchenzen2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP7tNhhc8cs

Inconsequential moves...The elder stateman spewed nothing but facts in that interview.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by Praxis758: 1:45am On Apr 12, 2023
babtoundey:

And Soyinka is called African Shakespeare!

That father of something something is just honorary- a sort of "gba ma binu" as the Yoruba would call it.

That title is "take, don't be offended you didn't win the Nobel prize"

You gerrit

It’s like your saying Michael Faraday and Alexander Graham Bell invention of electricity and telephone were honorary.

Ask any doyen in the field of literature and they will tell you that Avenue remains the father of African Literature even in death.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by toneroforever(m): 5:25am On Apr 12, 2023
obembet:

Don't worry, when Yoruba Contest for Governor of Anambra, u can pay them back too

Like seriously,so Gbadebo is Igbo because his mom is from Anambra.
So Ademola Adeleke,Osun governor & Desmond Elliot r also Igbo if we go by ur reasoning.
Come on Obembet, u should be better than this.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by toneroforever(m): 5:30am On Apr 12, 2023
obembet:

Don't worry, when Yoruba Contest for Governor of Anambra, attack them too

Sorry dear, it's not in our nature to physically harm non-Igbos voting whoever they choose to vote for during elections. The SE don't do such.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by babtoundey(m): 5:48am On Apr 12, 2023
Praxis758:

It’s like your saying Michael Faraday and Alexander Graham Bell invention of electricity and telephone were honorary.

Ask any doyen in the field of literature and they will tell you that Avenue remains the father of African Literature even in death.

Nobody doubts that he was named the father of African Literature. He was good. But he still didn't win the Nobel prize.

Soyinka too was considered as African Shakespeare. You know the position of the Bard of Avon among other writers of the world. So, a father might be a father, that doesn't make him better or greater than the one considered as the greatest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by Kog45(m): 5:53am On Apr 12, 2023
Civil war,Ojukwu ran away and came back, funny enough contested for Nigeria president,meaning he doesn't know what he was doing and total betrayal on good Igbos that lost their lives during the civil war.Respect to Chinua Achebe but he ran away too... but Soyinka was jailed for supporting Biafra and today Soyinka is in mud for expressing his views.. I don't think Nnamdi Kanu and Simon Ekpa will disrespect Soyinka this much cus facts are there on what Soyinka did during civil war.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by azeezboi(m): 5:55am On Apr 12, 2023
toneroforever:

Soyinka no see Achebe shoe.
Achebe pass soyinka till tomorrow.

See this werey wey no sabi read been dey come here to rants and wails over people e no fit read and comprehends their books
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by tsdarkside(m): 6:09am On Apr 12, 2023
how many people een still read real books today....??

many have moved to online contents....
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2023
tonicyril:
don't bend nyash..I didn't ask about tinubu, I ask about CRV comments about the yorubas
I didn't see his comments.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2023
tonicyril:
Nothing like bending nyash, that's what lead to the post I made.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2023
tonicyril:
If Tinubu present himself again, i won't vote for him.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by tonicyril: 9:40am On Apr 12, 2023
mechanics:
If Tinubu present himself again, i won't vote for him.
I believe u re civil and intellectual....what is the meaning of this?? Are u truly Yoruba as u claim?? Is what u re hammering on the basis of our discussion??

What am I asking what are u replying??
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by tonicyril: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023
mechanics:
I didn't see his comments.
Oohh, I can confirm u re from the other divide....

But wait, why are u people always ashamed of Ur tribe??
Why do u always jump at the opportunity of bn called Yoruba??

Any small argument....I am a Yoruba..!!! Whereas u re a conc aguleri man. Why not recognising with Ur tribe? Are u ashame??
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by Blakpot: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2023
Everlastingson:

Show me your friend and I will show you who you are. Hypocrite. But you have never asked what Obi did to them.,

This isn't facism.
No one is above criticism.

I'm not a Tinubi supporter btw
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by omobolarinwa1(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
MP3GAGAdotCOM:
wOle soyinka is a cultist not a professor grin

Yes a cultist just like your YES DADDY Obi..they belong to same Pirate...Mumu man
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2023
tonicyril:
I believe u re civil and intellectual....what is the meaning of this?? Are u truly Yoruba as u claim?? Is what u re hammering on the basis of our discussion??

What am I asking what are u replying??
You don't get what am saying, the issue the post came up was as a result of APC and Tinubu, but I replied your question.
Re: Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events by mechanics(m): 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
tonicyril:
Oohh, I can confirm u re from the other divide....

But wait, why are u people always ashamed of Ur tribe??
Why do u always jump at the opportunity of bn called Yoruba??

Any small argument....I am a Yoruba..!!! Whereas u re a conc aguleri man. Why not recognising with Ur tribe? Are u ashame??
Mind you, am not a political agents to be following politicians statements ashamed of what, I can't be ashamed of my tribe, am from the West.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA / Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS / Man Loses Wife In Abuja Bomb Blast, Just One Year After Their Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.