Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS (32032 Views)

"I Can't Do Nigeria Anymore" - Senator Ita Giwa's Daughter, Koko Laments / —david Mark's Daughter Reveals Why She Dumped PDP / Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by TMSMedia: 5:37am On Oct 20, 2020
Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Father Would Have Felt About The End SARS Protests If He Were Alive (Photos)

Ayodele Dele-Giwa, the daughter of slain journalist Dele Giwa, has revealed how she thinks her father would have reacted if he were still alive, IgbereTV reports.

Dele Giwa was assasinated by a mail bomb explosion on October 19, 1986, exactly 34 years ago. As the 34th anniversary of his passing was marked on Monday 19th October, 2020, his daughter pointed out that he'd have joined the current End SARS protests if he were alive.

She added that he would "be so proud of what the 'lazy' Nigerian youths have been doing over the past 11 days".

She wrote on her Twitter handle:
"I was 1 when he died, so all I know are stories from family and pictures. But one thing I am sure of: he would be so proud of what the “lazy” Nigerian youth have been doing over the past 11 days. He would have been 73 this year, & he would have come out to protest with the youth."
https://twitter.com/ayodele_dg/status/1318158846704189440?s=19

"It’s what he fought for. 34 years later, we are still fighting. But it will be different this time. Things will change. Our eyes have opened WELLA. E go shock them.

RIP Daddy (struggle to say it sometimes). Wish I knew you for myself."
https://twitter.com/ayodele_dg/status/1318159341594251264?s=19

"(Picture of him about to be arrested in 1983)

March 16, 1947 - October 19, 1986.

#endsars #endpolicebrutality #DeleGiwa"
https://twitter.com/ayodele_dg/status/1318159446800027659?s=19

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Newman20(m): 5:39am On Oct 20, 2020

253 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Newman20(m): 5:39am On Oct 20, 2020

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by LawLab247: 5:43am On Oct 20, 2020
Chai

5 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by EmptyGarden(m): 5:43am On Oct 20, 2020
My sister look for chair sitdown and face your front.

3 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Newman20(m): 5:46am On Oct 20, 2020
Mynd44 to the promised land please
Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by TMSMedia: 5:48am On Oct 20, 2020
More

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by thesicilian: 5:48am On Oct 20, 2020
EmptyGarden:
My sister look for chair sitdown and face your front.
Don't mind all of them. Everyone is trying to gain relevance with the protests now. If you check now, she may not even be part of the protests she claims her father would have been proud about.

7 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by tillaman(m): 6:06am On Oct 20, 2020
Your father will never be forgotten Jare!!
Great man

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by NOC1(m): 6:15am On Oct 20, 2020
If he won’t be part of the rot, many of them who were like your dad has changed Over a period of time.

I can’t forget this “if you can’t beat them you join them”.

Many freedom fighters most times fight for their selfish interest, when the succeed in their quest we see their true colour.

I just spoke my mind because humans are unpredictable

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 20, 2020
The struggle continues no backing down

1 Like

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by dadavivo: 6:21am On Oct 20, 2020
Buhari Na bastard

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2020
Dele Giwa wey for bcome governor. Join them inside mansion and cycle continues.

Adams osho do am..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:39am On Oct 20, 2020
34 years later, still fighting for the same thing, against the same damn people!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Royalfurnitures: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2020
Dele Giwa would surely have been on the side of the youths and poor masses, he was a good man who always stood by the truth and justice he was incorruptible too,that's why they killed him

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Shellsploit: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2020
Amazing daughter...

Meanwhile, Who needs a 30minutes cinematic events/wedding video highlight just for a token... U can call or Whatsapp 08183762657
Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Youconaleey: 11:15am On Oct 20, 2020
‪“We Don’t want” Bamaso “ Youths shout loud to President Muhammad Buhari ... ��‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU2li-hEXEI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by emeijeh(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2020
See how IBB cut short a promising young man's life.
We miss Giwa's NewsWatch.

Ray Ekpu and co couldn't match his journalism prowess.... 34 years later.

8 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Ronaldinho10(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2020
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them
Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by xtervaganza(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2020
It's better you read more about your father. he wasn't a good man

Your father was part of the military mouthpiece in the media. He also worked for abiola and both abiola and the military used him to discredit People. In fact, people who were against the government the. We're having their filth brought out.

Your father dined with the devil a d when the devil got tired of playing and had no further use of him he got rid of him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by seunlayi(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Love your neighbours as yourself but I hate Buhari with his silence and dumbness in this situation. I doubt if he is true father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Hmmmm... Government should pls attend to protesting youths and address their concerns
Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by PDPdestroyer(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Dele Giwa, one of Nigeria's finest.
Sadly, the #ENDSARS protest that began well has been hijacked, we now have two groups of protesters:
1. Those who are protesting for a better Nigeria
2. Those who are protesting against Buhari/APC

4 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Omezif(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
That's it, he must be proud in the grave or where ever he is by now.

1 Like

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
It's not easy getting to know one's father had such horrible death angry

Dele Giwa is indeed a hero.
When they can't buy you, they try killing you.

Unlike nowadays-journalists who back out as soon as they get the dough tongue

6 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by TechyMm0: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2020
lipsrsealed

I wonder how she feels seeing Babangida make speeches and act like elders stateman

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by DisLifeSha: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2020
We will not forget. We move
Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by Rahkman: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2020
The babe set wella

2 Likes

Re: Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS by femi4: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2020
TMSMedia:
More
"Ayodele is also my name"

What's Kingsley trying to do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Burns Military Base, School, Hospital In Yobe / Those Killed On Sunday Were Members Of ESN, Not Wedding Guests – Imo DSS Claims / Wike Appoints Chinda As Senior Special Assistant On Land, Urban Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.