Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities (594 Views)

Github Launches Security Lab To Spot Vulnerabilities In Open-source Code / Android 10 Gets Its First Security Patch, 49 Security Vulnerabilities Fixed / How Can I Check The Number Of Clicks On The Ads Placed On My Blog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by PaNnamdi: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Computer experts in the house,there is a major website project am about to launch soon,but my major concern before hand is to know if the developer acted coded my website without any loopholes for hacking.

How can I test my website to checkout if there is a hiden vulnerability in my website.
Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by PaNnamdi: 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
Is there any way to know
Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by online4business: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2023
Website wey no get traffic na him you dey find vinerabikity them dey rob poor man?

Who naked no dey put hand for pocket.

But since you want it make I give you pagespeed
https://::pagespeed!.web;dev

Remove the :::

1 Like

Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by PaNnamdi: 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
online4business:
Website wey no get traffic na him you dey find vinerabikity them dey rob poor man?

Who naked no dey put hand for pocket.

But since you want it make I give you pagespeed
https://::pagespeed!.web;dev

Remove the :::
U don't understand I am about to build a serious application that has the potential to generate millions of dollars on the long run and I need good and honest developer,I don't want it crashing and the entire world will see me as a scammer

Do u know foolproof ways this can be done.atleast a innocent conscience fear no accusations
Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by kess1(m): 4:27am On Apr 18, 2023
PaNnamdi:
Computer experts in the house,there is a major website project am about to launch soon,but my major concern before hand is to know if the developer acted coded my website without any loopholes for hacking.

How can I test my website to checkout if there is a hiden vulnerability in my website.

Here are 5 Ways to Check Against Vulnerabilities for Your Website

1. Keep software up to date: Your websites should use the latest versions of web servers, content management systems, and other software to ensure that known vulnerabilities are patched.

2. Use strong passwords: Weak passwords are easy targets for hackers. Enforce password policies that require users to create strong passwords and change them frequently.

3. Implement two-factor authentication: Add the Two-factor authentication, which adds an extra layer of security by requiring users to provide a second form of identification, such as a code sent to their phone, in addition to their password.

4. Use HTTPS: HTTPS encrypts data transmitted between a website and its users, making it harder for hackers to intercept and steal sensitive information. Always use this protocol when building your web projects.

5. Regularly back up data: Regular backups of website data can help minimize the impact of a successful hack by allowing a website to be restored to a previous, uncompromised state.

I hope this helps?

Feel free to contact me from my signature for more assistance
Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by online4business: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
PaNnamdi:

U don't understand I am about to build a serious application that has the potential to generate millions of dollars on the long run and I need good and honest developer,I don't want it crashing and the entire world will see me as a scammer

Do u know foolproof ways this can be done.atleast a innocent conscience fear no accusations
Shoot aim fire there's no perfect products anywhere
Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by online4business: 7:53am On Apr 27, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Amazon has loophole Google has loopshole there's no perfect system or product.

Why I'm writing this reply is for you to avoid the classic mistakes most people make bloggers and business owners .

Learn how to do it or at least have idea of how to do it

Here's why.

If you have no idea about programing or web development you can't figure out things for yourself you are very vulnerable to disruption...

Just get a basics idea of what good programming is before you outsource even if you don't know it now make sure to learn it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by PaNnamdi: 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
kess1:

Here are 5 Ways to Check Against Vulnerabilities for Your Website

1. Keep software up to date: Your websites should use the latest versions of web servers, content management systems, and other software to ensure that known vulnerabilities are patched.

2. Use strong passwords: Weak passwords are easy targets for hackers. Enforce password policies that require users to create strong passwords and change them frequently.

3. Implement two-factor authentication: Add the Two-factor authentication, which adds an extra layer of security by requiring users to provide a second form of identification, such as a code sent to their phone, in addition to their password.

4. Use HTTPS: HTTPS encrypts data transmitted between a website and its users, making it harder for hackers to intercept and steal sensitive information. Always use this protocol when building your web projects.

5. Regularly back up data: Regular backups of website data can help minimize the impact of a successful hack by allowing a website to be restored to a previous, uncompromised state.

I hope this helps?

Feel free to contact me from my signature for more assistance
Hello I love your assistance.
My question is how can I test a newly built website or application for vulnerabilities is there a software that enables me run that check on a newly built application
Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by Weezyclan(m): 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Hello I love your assistance.
My question is how can I test a newly built website or application for vulnerabilities is there a software that enables me run that check on a newly built application
download your script and go to virustotal website, upload it there it will scan for potential threats in the codes.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Check My Website For Vulnerabilities by PaNnamdi: 10:14am On May 01, 2023
Weezyclan:
download your script and go to virustotal website, upload it there it will scan for potential threats in the codes.
Pls does It still work for apps too?

(1) (Reply)

REMOVED BY AUTHOR / Free Wordpress Services For Bloggers / Please What Is The Fastest And Cheapest Nigerian Internet Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.