Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed (51654 Views)

Man Eats Expired Foods For A Year To Prove Expiry Dates Doesn't Mean Much / Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) / 3m Bottles Of Codeine-containing Syrup Consumed Daily In Kano, Jigwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Nikeruka(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
Something
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Iamicekid(m): 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
I always check expiring date anything I go shopping, since the day I don buy one expired Captain jack for shoprite and it has expired, went back there following week to go shop again and I still see the same drink expired I complained to them and bought a different type of drink, a month later I still went to shop saw the expired drinks there again, Na since then I don dey check every processed stuff I buy

1 Like

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Rosaline5000: 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2023
D
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by casualobserver: 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2023
ponishah:

I know that our doctors and nurses contribute sometimes to patients' death, every sector in the country is like that too.
But, most times patients die quicker than normal because of expired food, drugs and drinks etc.
Yesterday, Easter Monday, I was feeling weak from malaria symptoms; bitter taste bud and low appetite. So I decided to drink milk and malt at night. Because I lost a healthy neighbour last week, that fear made me remember checking the expiry date of the milk, which I had almost opened.
The milk was produced in 04:22 and expiry date is 04:23, to me it had already expired because of our high temperature. I called the customer that sold it to me, and she said she bought them last month. I have told her to destroy them.

A lot of things we buy are expired items and we eat, drink and get complicated health issues. Most of us forget that soft drinks (minerals) and bear have expiry dates, and whole sellers always sell off the drinks that are very close to expiration at give away to retailers.
And World Health Organization should modify the font and positions of expiration dates on products, especially in third world nations.
NAFDAC died with Dora Akunyili, SON is the most corrupt of all.

PLEASE HELP YOURSELVES, ALWAYS CHECK EXPIRY DATES OF ITEMS BEFORE PAYING FOR THEM, OR AT LEAST BEFORE EATING OR DRINKING THEM.
Maybe we should also do a #ENDNAFDAC, #ENDSON ...

mods, na life matter be this o...

Like I say so often on Nairaland, Nigerians speak English but many do not really understand English. We have a chronic English comprehension epidemic in Nigeria!! It is self explanatory for those who understand English.

There is a difference between expired and best before. Best before is still safe and consumable but the properties of the product may be degraded, for instance, taste, freshness etc. you can consume food labeled “BB” after the BB date but food or medicine that says “EXP” “EX” or expiriy date must not be consumed.

That said once a product has passed it’s best before date it shouldn’t be sold. Normally it is given out to charities, homeless and food banks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Smartguyboy(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2023
NAFDAC died with Dora Akunyili May her gentle soul continue to rest in peace ✌️.
Reason many people hate her even threatened to kill her because she was just doing her job with passion .

3 Likes

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by mosaicafrique: 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
It will be expired after April, it's still valid for consumption.
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by casualobserver: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
mosaicafrique:
It will be expired after April, it's still valid for consumption.

It does not expire after April…see my post above

1 Like

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by matm: 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
TheManPregnant:

There is a very big difference between "Best before date" denoted as BB and expiry date.

Expiry date applies mostly to Pharmaceuticals, biologicals/botanicals and chemical products.

BB date applies mainly to food products and the implications are very different from what we have been led to believe. That a food item has exceeded its best before date does not mean it has totally become unfit for consumption. It basically means that the product should not be expected to meet quality standards after that date.

Hmh!!!!!!!!!!!?
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Bahamas95(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
The day wey fear catch me na when I see one shop owner dey scrape expiry date from gala nylon.

2 Likes

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by GreatAchiever1: 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Thank God, I've stopped taking packaged snacks and soft drinks since Buhari regime became extremely tough, because some of all these food production companies fit dey use our health dey do business.
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Pharaohny: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
Shey unna go learn one or two things

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by GreatAchiever1: 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
Pharaohny:
Shey unna go learn one or two things

You dey compare American BB with naija BB.
Naija BB equation with American BB is, take the date of BB written and remove half of it.

Make we no dey use our health play.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by blowjohn(m): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
So wetin come bring doctor and nurses into the story frm ur first paragraph?
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Elsueno: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
LMAO, dat shyt is just a marketing trick in order to make U buy more.....It's like plastering a BB on a bag of grain or exp date on some drugs...for drugs it mostly means d efficacy has drop while for food it just might not be in its best state..

When something expires, d smell alone would clue u in😄
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by oyithemilkman: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2023
[Foods don't have expiry dates but best before dates.what that means is that you may not get the taste, quality etc after that date.quote author=ponishah post=122436161]

I know that our doctors and nurses contribute sometimes to patients' death, every sector in the country is like that too.
But, most times patients die quicker than normal because of expired food, drugs and drinks etc.
Yesterday, Easter Monday, I was feeling weak from malaria symptoms; bitter taste bud and low appetite. So I decided to drink milk and malt at night. Because I lost a healthy neighbour last week, that fear made me remember checking the expiry date of the milk, which I had almost opened.
The milk was produced in 04:22 and expiry date is 04:23, to me it had already expired because of our high temperature. I called the customer that sold it to me, and she said she bought them last month. I have told her to destroy them.

A lot of things we buy are expired items and we eat, drink and get complicated health issues. Most of us forget that soft drinks (minerals) and bear have expiry dates, and whole sellers always sell off the drinks that are very close to expiration at give away to retailers.
And World Health Organization should modify the font and positions of expiration dates on products, especially in third world nations.

PLEASE HELP YOURSELVES, ALWAYS CHECK EXPIRY DATES OF ITEMS BEFORE PAYING FOR THEM, OR AT LEAST BEFORE EATING OR DRINKING THEM.

[/quote]
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Lovelyn451(f): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2023
That's how one yoruba woman almost forced an expired baby oil on me, she already scrapped the expiry date, even reduced the price for me, wan use sweet yoruba mouth for me...lol... yoruba woman wan cheat igbo business woman, how possible?

2 Likes

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by biremi(m): 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2023
If we use a better example like a woman who has reached menopause, you would realize he is not wrong altogether because a woman that has reached menopause can still be a wife; after all men don't put away their wives because they have reached menopause

So a good item that passes it's moment of quality standard means that it's still good for consumption?

You lots are irredeemably *..............d.

How can you be consuming something that it's best moment has expired?

Like giving you options for a wife.... But you chose to go for a woman that is 80yrs old. And you claim she's still going to perform as a wife.[/quote]
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Nolevel666: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2023
naturefellow:
*❌❌RED ALERT❌❌*

Submission of
Dr. Afọ́lábi Oluwadun
Professor of Medical Microbiology
Ọ́labisi Ọ́nabanjọ́ University
Agọ̀-Ìwòyè, Ògùn State

THE DANGERS OF SOME COMMON FOODS IN NIGERIA
Dr. Abayọ̀mì Ògùntoye

I promised to write about what is killing people in Nigeria today. Nigerians should be focused on solving these problems instead of fighting over GMO which they don't understand yet. These are what is causing most of the cancer going around now:

1.) Ripening agent for banana and plantain. Because people are in hurry to harvest their bananas and plantains. they spray them with Calcium carbide. This is a ripening agent and makes the plantain ripen very quickly. It is extremely hazardous to the human body as it contains traces of arsenic and phosphorus.

So anytime you buy ripe plantain in the market chances are you are buying plantain ripened with Calcium carbide.

Solution : Buy unripe Plantains and Banana and keep them inside a black plastic for few days, it will ripen naturally.

2.) Most Nigerian farmers, if not all of them use a chemical called "Sniper" as an added ingredient for pest control. Sniper is potent and it scares me. It is a DDVP, 2,2-Dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate compound. An organophosphate that readily binds to the lungs and kidney causing cancer. It is almost in everything you eat in Nigeria.

Solution : You are on your own here because it is everywhere.

3.) Weevil control in Beans with Aluminum phosphide (AlP). This is the most dangerous food pollution in Nigeria. Because weevils can destroy the entire year's harvest of the farmer in a few days. They drop tablets of Aluminum Phosphide inside each bag of beans.

They think that one tablet is enough to drive weevils away from the bag of beans. Yes they are right, but that one tablet can drive weevils away from an entire Silo of 50 tons of beans. Do the math yourselves.

Unfortunately, it is now one of the most common causes of food poisoning in Nigeria. It liberates lethal phosphine gas when it comes in contact either with atmospheric moisture or with hydrochloric acid in the stomach.

Solution: Eat beans with Weevils.

4.) Chicken from China preserved using embalming substances. The same used to embalm dead bodies in Nigeria.This is a cancer causing substance that kills slowing. How else do you think chicken gets to Nigeria from China without a proper cooling system.

Solution: Eat only local chicken. don't buy frozen chicken. if you can't see it running around don't buy it!!!!!! Don't eat at Eateries. Stop using your money to buy death.

The farmers don't want to kill people, but they are uneducated and don't know that they are committing mass murders. And then, they don't have the appropriate tools to deal with the challenges they have.

NAFDAC too, in Nigeria, has become just another self-serving government agency like "we took care of ourselves" NDDC. NAFDAC officials no longer go to markets or farms. They glide around in official cars to go and extort budding manufacturers. They sit in their offices all day discussing bonuses, appointments, promotions and how they were denied the "lucrative posting". Like the Raw Materials Development Commission , and over 100 other government agencies a useless and total waste of money.

This is why the European Union, United States don't want to have the Beans, Cocoa, Plantain, Yam and Pineapple exports from Nigeria. Everybody is scared of Nigeria's irresponsible public service and Nigeria's cancer-intense, disease-riddled agricultural produce.

It has nothing to do with racism or because they are evil white people.

Britain, the EU and the US repeatedly and tirelessly warn Nigeria to clean up its extremely poisonous farm produce. Nigerians eat killer foods.

Even the Coca-Cola we drink is banned in the UK. A Nigerian businessman lost money trying to export Bottled-in-Nigeria Coca-Cola to the UK as it is supposed to be cheaper here because of lower labour costs. The UK Food and Drugs Office calls the Coca-Cola, Sprite etc that we drink, cancer-Cola.

*The EU and the US are simply fed up with the reckless mass murders of Nigerian agriculture.*

Wait. WAIT ! !!

Read this all over again and *commit it to your memory.

If everyone in Nigeria were like you, I’d be glad to call it my country.

Unfortunately, all we have are fools who love to get brainwashed by the Nigerian movies and reality shows that they watch while their mates are busy inventing the next technology in other countries.

Tomorrow they will say whites are “racist”

Good for nothing fellows

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Moony45: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Nigeria itself is an expired country. Know this and have peace.

This I have seen.
But you are a false prophet. We'll pass
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by 3xcauha: 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2023
Free!!

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by temielects(m): 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2023
TheManPregnant:

There is a very big difference between "Best before date" denoted as BB and expiry date.

Expiry date applies mostly to Pharmaceuticals, biologicals/botanicals and chemical products.

BB date applies mainly to food products and the implications are very different from what we have been led to believe. That a food item has exceeded its best before date does not mean it has totally become unfit for consumption. It basically means that the product should not be expected to meet quality standards after that date.
having depreciate of standard makes it unfit/unsafe for consumption please, no substandard consumables should be consumed!

2 Likes

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by FantasyWolf(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2023
That's no news here in Nigeria,lots of people consume expired products even without knowing.
Finding out makes no difference cuz the company pushes out the nearly expired products out to consumers to get sold out so they'll not sustain any losses...
It's God that's protecting us in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by FantasyWolf(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2023
That's no news here in Nigeria,lots of people consume expired products even without knowing.
Finding out makes no difference cuz the company pushes out the nearly expired products out to consumers to get sold out so they'll not sustain any losses...
It's God that's protecting us in this country

1 Like

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Hatrick01: 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2023
There is difference between Expiry date and BB(Best Before).
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by 77up(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2023
Chijeep:
What do you expect in a country where a drug baron is forced to the throat of her citizens
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, TINUBU IS MORE EXPIRED THAN ALL THOSE PRODUCT UP THERE
cry cry
You happy now? Clown

1 Like

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by fareed69(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2023
Chijeep:
What do you expect in a country where a drug baron is forced to the throat of her citizens
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, TINUBU IS MORE EXPIRED THAN ALL THOSE PRODUCT UP THERE
cry cry

Okay
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by melexchi(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2023
Same here I've stopped buying things from some of my neighbors most of these soft drinks are expired, I bought Pulpy 5alive yesterday and it's expired already, the country is already a mess health wise

1 Like

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by angiography(m): 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
ponishah:

Doctors contribute to your death as opening statement??

You must be very ignorant

1 Like

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Fgwa: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2023
I was working in zamfara state with one of my friend, there was this faithful day he was tired and weak , he couldn't cook thus decided to have chi exotic and rest, he was danm hungry and tired that checking expiring date was the last thing on his mind. He bought open and started drinking without dropping till the product got to half, it was after a while when the hungry subside he thought of expiring date, behold this drink was expired more than six months. My guy almost collapse, he make trouble but to the community it was strange to them for someone to complain that a product is expired. As for them, so long as the product did not change colour, tast or smell it's normal.
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Adakintroy: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
Best before is an advice.

Its like eating yellow orange. Its best green..but you get!

1 Like

Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Adakintroy: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
Best before is an advice.

Its like eating yellow orange. Its best green..but you get!

No shaking!
Re: Too Many Expired Foods And Drinks Sold And Consumed by Dexy4yah(m): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA / COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 / 18-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After His Father Refused To Marry For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.