Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers (1090 Views)

What My Northern Friend Posted About Tinubu / How Mr Peter Obi Saved My Life & My Northern Brothers — Truck Driver Narrates / Rivers: Properties That Belong To Our Northern Brothers Are Been Burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Enemyofpeace: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
Dear Nigerian Northern brothers, I hope this message meets you well and that you receive it well.

I have been meeting people here in Canada 🇨🇦. Fellow Africans, including one young boy from Cote D’Ivorie 🇨🇮 I just met.

Everyone who knows I’m from Nigeria 🇳🇬 tells me he knows Igbos and Yorubas in his country. None has mentioned Hausa, Fulani or Hausa Fulani or even Kanuri. They don’t know you. You guys don’t leave Nigeria 🇳🇬 to go and hustle outside and get us “Diaspora remittances”.

You just stay in Nigeria 🇳🇬 looking for Govt work as “Govt pikins”. Every Government meeting I see on local Nigerian 📺 stations, I see plenty of Hausa caps and Babariga. You guys have occupied everywhere, DG this, DG that, is you! Dollars and “Diaspora remittances” don’t fall like “manna from heaven” ooo🧏🏽🧏🏿‍♂️

People hustle overseas to make and repatriate dollars. Even when you people school overseas, you rush back to Nigeria to come and share “national cake” that has almost finished in any case🤷🏽‍♂️

You’re fasting now. Soon, you’ll fly off for Hajj. CBN will give dollars at a discretionary rate.

Where will those dollars come from?🤔 From heaven?🤔

You guys move it oooo. Nigeria 🇳🇬 belongs to everyone, and all hands must be on deck🧏🏿‍♂️🧏🏽

Sincerely yours
The Diasporan

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by gawu1: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Dear Nigerian Northern brothers, I hope this message meets you well and that you receive it well.

I have been meeting people here in Canada 🇨🇦. Fellow Africans, including one young boy from Cote D’Ivorie 🇨🇮 I just met.

Everyone who knows I’m from Nigeria 🇳🇬 tells me he knows Igbos and Yorubas in his country. None has mentioned Hausa, Fulani or Hausa Fulani or even Kanuri. They don’t know you. You guys don’t leave Nigeria 🇳🇬 to go and hustle outside and get us “Diaspora remittances”.

You just stay in Nigeria 🇳🇬 looking for Govt work as “Govt pikins”. Every Government meeting I see on local Nigerian 📺 stations, I see plenty of Hausa caps and Babariga. You guys have occupied everywhere, DG this, DG that, is you! Dollars and “Diaspora remittances” don’t fall like “manna from heaven” ooo🧏🏽🧏🏿‍♂️

People hustle overseas to make and repatriate dollars. Even when you people school overseas, you rush back to Nigeria to come and share “national cake” that has almost finished in any case🤷🏽‍♂️

You’re fasting now. Soon, you’ll fly off for Hajj. CBN will give dollars at a discretionary rate.

You guys move it oooo. Nigeria 🇳🇬 belongs to everyone, and all hands must be on deck🧏🏿‍♂️🧏🏽

Sincerely yours
The Diasporan

One of those headless mobs.
When we start giving you now, the next thing is to copy UN, ECOWAS, human left, human rights and so on.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by BATified2023: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
gawu1:

When we start giving you now, the next thing is to copy UN, ECOWAS, human left, human rights and so on.
don’t mind d igbos, na everyone b their problem

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by BloomingDale(f): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by ManOfMan: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
BATified2023:
don’t mind d igbos, na everyone b their problem

How did you know he/she is Igbo?

7 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by BATified2023: 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
ManOfMan:

How did know he/she is Igbo?
check his previous topics n comments

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by ezegold4we: 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
I Pity Hausa Fulani s,by the Time Tinubu is done dealing with them especially the Fulani s, nobody will tell them to run Back to Mali,

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Godons1: 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

Sincerely yours
The Diasporan

Igbo People are porpular Abroad due to crime. Northerners who base Abroad can be found in high braw Areas in all thr Cities Oversea.

You expect me as a Northerner to follow you dey wash Dead body for Mortuary, abi you want make i follow you dey clean Old Oyinbo People Nyash as a care giver?

Focus on your suffer head hustling and leave Northerners out of it.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Godons1: 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
ezegold4we:
I Pity Hausa Fulani s,by the Time Tinubu is done dealing with them especially the Fulani s, nobody will tell them to run Back to Mali,

Pitty yourself first

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Roger3D(m): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

Sincerely yours
The Diasporan

We can't all join you in washing the white man's toilets na grin

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Mantahirdra(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
You can find Hausa People in the following area : Saudi Arabia , Jordan , Oman , Qatar , Dubai ( UAE ) , Sudan , Cameroun , Chad , Ghana , Ivory coast , Libya , Tunisia , Morroco , Algeria , Egypt England , France , USA , Spain and Italy .

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
gawu1:

These people too dey surprise me.

Northerners are not interested in living like you, engrave that deep in your hearts.

And please, this obsession is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mantahirdra:
You can find Hausa People in the following area : Saudi Arabia , Jordan , Oman , Qatar , Dubai ( UAE ) , Sudan , Cameroun , Chad , Ghana , Ivory coast , Libya , Tunisia , Morroco , Algeria , Egypt England , France , USA , Spain and Italy .

Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, England, Wales, Germany et al.

They just don't do a hundred videos on 'how I japaed', or take pictures ins snow only to go back to cleaning toilets, push drugs or engage in cult wars of supremacy to gain (mis)relevance with their host.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by SHINJACRUSADER: 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
The hausas enjoy living in poverty...

They love poverty...

The see living in poverty as a blessing from Mohammad their God...

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Shikini: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
Truth

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by OneCandleAway(f): 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2023
SHINJACRUSADER:
The hausas enjoy living in poverty...

They love poverty...

The see living in poverty as a blessing from Mohammad their God...

Their religious leaders tell tell them in the mosque its their destiny to be poor.

Only the elites are destined to be rich.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by motayoayinde: 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mantahirdra:

CURRENTLY I'M IN ONE OF THE NORTH AFRICAN COUNTRIES YOU MENTIONED.

SOME HAUSAS HAVE BEEN HERE FOR GENERATIONS THEY ARE NOW CITIZENS.

THE YORUBAS HERE ARE MOSTLY STUDENTS AND THEY'RE NOTHING COMPARED TO THE HAUSA STUDENTS IN THE MAJOR INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES.

IBOS ARE HARDLY SEEN HERE, EXCEPT A HANDFUL OF STUDENTS.

LEARNT THEY FELL OUT OF FAVOUR WITH THE LOCALS WHEN A FEW OF THEM STARTED PEDDLING DRUGS. THEY WERE DEPORTED.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Bintdawood(f): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Their religious leaders tell tell them in the mosque its their destiny to be poor.

Only the elites are destined to be rich.

Lies straight from the pit of hell!
You too dey carry our matter for una head.... but na so life be now... when nobody talk about you, then you are NOBODY!

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Bintdawood(f): 8:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, England, Wales, Germany et al.

They just don't do a hundred videos on 'how I japaed', or take pictures ins snow only to go back to cleaning toilets, push drugs or engage in cult wars of supremacy to gain relevance with their host.

You forgot to add ashawo job😹💔
Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bintdawood:

You forgot to add ashawo job😹💔

😂
These people just dey tire me wallahi.

'Northerners are not this, northerners must do this'.

They don't know that when white people came, they found an established society in the whole of hausa land - with complete administrative system. It's them who have neither past nor history that like copying the whiteman to the latter, Northerners have no interest in being White people look alike or lackeys.

Therefore, go wash toilets and complain on tiktok how cold winter is.

Black slaves.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
motayoayinde:

CURRENTLY I'M IN ONE OF THE NORTH AFRICAN COUNTRIES YOU MENTIONED.

SOME HAUSAS HAVE BEEN HERE FOR GENERATIONS THEY ARE NOW CITIZENS.

THE YORUBAS HERE ARE MOSTLY STUDENTS AND THEY'RE NOTHING COMPARED TO THE HAUSA STUDENTS IN THE MAJOR INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES.

IBOS ARE HARDLY SEEN HERE, EXCEPT A HANDFUL OF STUDENTS.

LEARNT THEY FELL OUT OF FAVOUR WITH THE LOCALS WHEN A FEW OF THEM STARTED PEDDLING DRUGS. THEY WERE DEPORTED.

Northerners are given premium treatment in Saudi Arabia and some gulf countries, know your onions and they will chase you with jobs and citizenship, but a chinedu washing toilets knows more about diaspora.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Bintdawood(f): 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

😂
These people just dey tire me wallahi.

'Northerners are not this, northerners must do this'.

They don't know that when white people came, they found an established society in the whole of hausa land - with complete administrative system. It's them who have neither past nor history that like copying the whiteman to the latter, Northerners have no interest in being White people look alike or lackeys.

Therefore, go wash toilets and complain in tiktok how cold winter is.

Black slaves.

They dont know this and will never know it... The only thing they know is charge their phones and spew trash online.
Use their phones to update themselves buh no. We can do nothing, na mental slavery dey do them😕
I pity them sha😹😹

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Bintdawood(f): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

You just stay in Nigeria 🇳🇬 looking for Govt work as “Govt pikins”. Every Government meeting I see on local Nigerian 📺 stations, I see plenty of Hausa caps and Babariga. You guys have occupied everywhere, DG this, DG that, is you! Dollars and “Diaspora remittances” don’t fall like “manna from heaven” ooo
🧏🏽🧏🏿‍♂️

Sincerely yours
The Diasporan

Okay they should not work in their country?? They should go to other countries and work there abi? Come to think of it so you dey even dey eye our babban riga!?.. Chhhooii who do you this abeg?? We should wear suit abi?
Dem don ban slavery for years now buh i know sey your own na mental slavery buh abegg do something about it.

Yess our Babbar rigaa we are proud of it✊

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by QuotaSystem: 8:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
Godons1:

Igbo People are porpular Abroad due to crime. Northerners who base Abroad can be found in high braw Areas in all thr Cities Oversea.

You expect me as a Northerner to follow you dey wash Dead body for Mortuary, abi you want make i follow you dey clean Old Oyinbo People Nyash as a care giver?

Focus on your suffer head hustling and leave Northerners out of it.

You can say that again. Most northerners in the UK especially, are self-sponsored (the students), productively engaged (the professionals/working class) and hardly engage in menial jobs to survive like care homes/factory hand unlike their southern counterparts. Personally I have a small network of friends (northerners) in the academia in Europe.

They also usually have a quieter lifestyle and are hardly ever involved in crime, especially card/wire fraud that the other Nigerians abroad are notorious for. They are also less involved (if ever) in sham “arrangee” contract marriages or desperate to remain in the UK or anywhere else illegally.

Empty barrels make the loudest noises.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bintdawood:

They dont know this and will never know it... The only thing they know is charge their phones and spew trash online.
Use their phones to update themselves buh no. We can do nothing, na mental slavery dey do them😕
I pity them sha😹😹

Most atimes na jealousy wallahi.

In their minds, the Northerner shouldn't be this and that, shouldn't speak fluent English and impeccable Arabic plus Spanish and french and top it Hausa or fullanci, the Northerner shouldn't own a company that's doing real good or be a top civil servant, until they meet this Northerner who will best them in everything and the next thing will be to shift the goal post - govt pikin, son of a politician that's stacked the nation's money and all sorts of allegations. Purely out of jealousy

I once lived in a southern state and met one lady selling stuff by the road side, this lady isn't much different from the average 'yar talla' (in their case, they have it worse, they are exploited and used, they are not more than 'items' to help sell wares 😪), she has probably never travelled beyond the borders of her state but she was telling me that all northerners are this and that, I couldn't even argue with her or educate her, just laughed it out.

LIt was pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
QuotaSystem:

You can say that again. Most northerners in the UK especially, are self-sponsored (the students), productively engaged (the professionals/working class) and hardly engage in menial jobs to survive like care homes/factory hand unlike their southern counterparts. Personally I have a small network of friends (northerners) in the academia in Europe.

They also usually have a more quiet lifestyle and are hardly ever involved in crime, especially card/wire fraud that are the other Nigerians abroad are notorious for. They are also less involved (if ever) in sham “arrangee” contract marriages or desperate to remain in the UK whether legally or illegally.

Empty barrels make the loudest noises.

101%.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Bintdawood(f): 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Most atimes na jealousy wallahi.

In their minds, the Northerner shouldn't be this and that, shouldn't speak fluent English and impeccable Arabic plus Spanish and french and top it Hausa or fullanci, the Northerner shouldn't own a company that's doing real good or be a top civil servant, until they meet this Northerner who will best them in everything and the next thing will be to shift the goal post - govt pikin, son of a politician that's stacked the nation's money and all sorts of allegations. Purely out of jealousy

I once lived in a southern state and met one lady selling stuff by the road side, this lady isn't much different from the average 'yar talla' (in their case, they have it worse, they are exploited and used, they are not more than 'items' to help sell wares 😪), she has probably never travelled beyond the borders of her state but she was telling me that all northerners are this and that, I couldn't even argue with her or educate her, just laughed it out.

LIt was pathetic.

I sense jealousy too cuz the way they talk really says alot about what they have in their hearts...
We'll keep doing well in sha Allah!
I can remember one of my sisters was telling me that when they were on an excursion so on their way most of her classmates who are southerners were busy saying see cows, see land, see this see that.. They were so amazed and they kept saying they wish it was their place... When they see cows all they say is "see meat... See food, food is cheap here ooo"😹
God bless my Papa land Nigeria✊

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by QuotaSystem: 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bintdawood:

I sense jealousy too cuz the way they talk really says alot about what they have in their hearts...
We'll keep doing well in sha Allah!

I can remember one of my sisters was telling me that when they were on an excursion so on their way most of her classmates who are southerners were busy saying see cows, see land, see this see that.. They were so amazed and they kept saying they wish it was their place... When they see cows all they say is "see meat... See food, food is cheap here ooo"😹
God bless my Papa land Nigeria✊

Lol it’s not far-fetched. They deeply envy Arewa’s political sagacity and dominance (cue the babban-riga comment).

They know Arewa is a core reason Tinubu won and why they’re being politically relegated.

They know Arewa will benefit from Tinubu’s administration and have earned loyalty by conceding the ticket to the South which will be reciprocated. They will reap where they have sown.

They know Arewa is in ace position politically, while they grapple with the short end of the stick.

That’s the reason for threads like this that litter NL;
to try to ease their pain & ventilate their frustration by trying to talk down and belittle northerners, but the international drug kingpins and prison ambassadors of global repute have something else coming.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by OneCandleAway(f): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bintdawood:

Lies straight from the pit of hell!
You too dey carry our matter for una head.... but na so life be now... when nobody talk about you, then you are NOBODY!

But you know I'm telling the truth. Even in hausa movies that reinforce it that its the poor destiny to be poor.
I no dey carry your poverty stricken region for head. You people are the problem Nigeria has dragging the south down with your wahala.
Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Bintdawood(f): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
OneCandleAway:

But you know I'm telling the truth. Even in hausa movies that reinforce it that its the poor destiny to be poor.
I no dey carry your poverty stricken region for head. You people are the problem Nigeria has dragging the south down with your wahala.

From what you wrote about what our religious leaders tell us in "our mosque" says alot about how you care about the so called poverty stricken region. WE have already rented a luxurious place in your head! You think about us day in day out!! Thank you for making us the center of your life
How are we dragging you guyz down? When every state is given its allocation every month.. Hausa film kuma? So all your findings are from Hausa film😕😕
Same poverty stricken region that feeds you food.. We no go stop to dey feed una...

Shift abegg 🚶 🚶 🚶 🚶

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by Bintdawood(f): 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
QuotaSystem:

Lol it’s not far-fetched. They deeply envy Arewa’s political sagacity and dominance (cue the babban-riga comment).

They know Arewa is a core reason Tinubu won and why they’re being politically relegated.

They know Arewa will benefit from Tinubu’s administration and have earned loyalty by conceding the ticket to the South which will be reciprocated. They will reap where they have sown.

They know Arewa is in ace position politically, while they grapple with the short end of the stick.

That’s the reason for threads such as these; to try to ease their pain & ventilate their frustration by talking down and trying to belittle northerners, but the international drug kingpins and prison ambassadors of global repute have something else coming.

We rule, they follow😹
May God bless us jhare✊✊

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To My Northern Brothers by OneCandleAway(f): 7:21am On Apr 12, 2023
Bintdawood:

From what you wrote about what our religious leaders tell us in "our mosque" says alot about how you care about the so called poverty stricken region. WE have already rented a luxurious place in your head! You think about us day in day out!! Thank you for making us the center of your life
How are we dragging you guyz down? When every state is given its allocation every month.. Hausa film kuma? So all your findings are from Hausa film😕😕
Same poverty stricken region that feeds you food.. We no go stop to dey feed una...

Shift abegg 🚶 🚶 🚶 🚶

Who makes the money for the allocation they share to the north?
Feeding who? Do you feed us for free like the free allocation you get. Don't we pay for the food. Even they food, you can't ensure peace to grow enough for export and be able to claim you generate something to add to nigeria. Its only the Christians among you all I pity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Camp For Days To Get Front Seat In King Charles Coronation (photos) / Why Did Osinbajo Invite Chimamanda, And Not Soyinka, To His Book Launch? / Tinubu On The Run , Will Not Come Back Until After May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.