Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead (50793 Views)

Chinwoke Mbadinuju Burial Photos / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah's Condolence Message For Late Chinwoke Mbadinuju Family. / Mbadinuju, Former Governor Of Anambra State Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Svoboda(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2023
JosephXavier:
The first governor to be installed by the Uba family that helped to drain Anambra state coffers and also the only one-term governor in Anambra so far (Soludo may be the second)

I can't forget how during his regime both secondary and primary school teachers went on strike for one full academic year because their salaries were withheld

It was the terrible things Ndi Anambra saw under him that made them choose Peter Obi who turned the state around from being "Home for all criminals" to the "Light of the nation"

May his gentle soul rest in peace

I can't forget how he owed pensioners and when they protested at the government house at Awka he labeled them "dead woods"

I think He was emeka offors godson, not the ubas. The ubas took control under ngige.

6 Likes

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Svoboda(m): 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bobloco:

I remember Odera's popular slogan "it shall be well with Anambra state"

Haha

When he was campaigning for his 2nd term after he brought bakassi boys, he said on a campaign billboard, "anambra people can now sleep with their 2 eyes closed."
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Nickymezor(f): 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hmmm,may his soul rest on...I don't know why I don't remember him so well even though I am from Anambra

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by 1daboi: 9:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
Very useless govnor
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by ettaetta(m): 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
RIP

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by lereinter(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
JosephXavier:
The first governor to be installed by the Uba family that helped to drain Anambra state coffers and also the only one-term governor in Anambra so far (Soludo may be the second)

I can't forget how during his regime both secondary and primary school teachers went on strike for one full academic year because their salaries were withheld

It was the terrible things Ndi Anambra saw under him that made them choose Peter Obi who turned the state around from being "Home for all criminals" to the "Light of the nation"

I can't forget how he owed pensioners and when they protested at the government house at Awka he labeled them "dead woods"

Soludo doesn't care about the headless mob

That doesn't remove his finest brilliance integrity and success
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Hallabee1(m): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wodu89:
78 young na for a man of substance. Anyways, Buhari knows why he chooses London for his medical trips. Na Nigeria lose pass for the partnership with Buhari. Buhari used Nigeria to keep alive.

Aje..

Are you okay
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by meobizy(f): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2023
I don’t even know him. Lol. R.I.P. to the deceased.

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by sonssyo: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2023
Rest in pieces, he called pensioners dead wood!
Who now be dead wood!
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Robinmido(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
Goodnight sir.

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Greenvaiper: 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
crackhouse:
Mbadinuju was never the governor of Anambra

Odeeh
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by PotatoSalad(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
pipnator00:
So after all the money this man still died? Otoro gbagbuo ya there!

This man really pppered them Anambra people that year! School was closes for years, owed salary for years! So much political killing in his years as governor!

Ezigbo otoro gbagbuo ya there!!
Lmao, only reason we didn't join the strike was cos i went to private school. Our neighbors kids back then in awka, would stay back and play while we went to school. It was terrible.
The protests. I still remember Civil servants chanting "kwuo anyi ugwo anyi odera. Odera kwuo anyi ugwo anyi, anyi jikwara gi ofo" 🤣
The way bakassi boys butchered men in onitsha and nnewi back then ehn. You will just be passing and see human being barbecued with tyres 😁😁😁

3 Likes

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by NiceClean: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
RIP... But there was dead report of him in 2020. I just saw it here on NL.

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by fabolouz1(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
The puppet of Sir emeka offor , the founder of the now defunct dreaded bakkassi boys .
Who remembered he was alleged to have killed then Anambra state NBA chairman and his wife in a most inhumane condition ?
We all shall die some day...

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Oneday82: 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
SReporters:
Former Anambra State governor Chinwoke Mbadinuju has passed away.

This was stated in a statement made available to PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday by Chetachi Mbadinuju, his first son.

We announce the passing of our father, grandfather, uncle, friend, and associate, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, a former governor of Anambra State and elder statesman, with heavy hearts but the deepest gratitude to God for a life well lived, he said in the statement.

The former governor "passed on peacefully" on Tuesday morning at the National Hospital Abuja, according to Mr. Chetachi, a lawyer.

The patriarch, he said, passed away at the age of 78.

He continued, "At this difficult time, we pray for God's grace and mercy upon him and those left to mourn him.

He promised that his funeral arrangements would be announced by the family in due course.

Between May 29, 1999, and May 29, 2003, Mbadinuju, who is now deceased, led Anambra State as governor on a Peoples Democratic Party platform.(PDP).

He ran for re-election as governor on the PDP platform, but was controversially denied the party's ticket due to an ongoing internal party crisis.

Later, Chris Ngige would secure the party's nomination for governor ahead of the state's governor election on April 19, 2003.

Mr. Mbadinuju left the PDP after being denied the party's nomination and joined the now-defunct Alliance for Democracy, where he later became the party's governorship candidate but lost in the general election.

The PDP's Mr. Ngige, who is currently Nigeria's Minister of Labour and Employment, was named the election's victor, though three years later the Court of Appeal in Enugu dismissed him.

Between 1979 and 1980, Mr. Mbadinuju worked as a personal assistant to Jim Nwobodo, a former governor of the former Enugu State. From 1980 to 1983, he performed the same duties for Shehu Shagari, a former head of state of Nigeria.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/04/11/breaking-former-governor-of-anambra-state-chinwoke-mbadinuju-is-dead/

May his soul find rest.... As he rename Anambra from Light of the Nation to It's Well with Anambra, it is also well with his soul.

As for that National Hospital, 5 out 100 made it alive from there. Only God knows what is happening in that hospital. Daily Death cases there are like 5/6. Lost my daughter there same day Shehu Shagari died. My friend and his wife.... My advice is if you can afford private, just go there.

4 Likes

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by manneger2: 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
Rip to him, this is the man that killed many teachers and pensioners because he refused to pay them thier salaries

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
SReporters:

Be careful of what you wish for

Bro evil that men do live after em
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Cutehector(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
And balablu is 71 yrs.
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Franking: 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
LeoDeKing:

The death of Chinwoke Mbadinuju, former governor of Anambra state, was just reported. The least expected of you is to type RIP.

No, you ain't bothered about his death or wishes of peaceful rest. What bothers you is Buhari, who has nothing to do with his death. Maybe if Buhari hadn't visited London, Chinwoke Mbadinuju wouldn't have died.

His death, his business.
It's not by force to type RIP. Very few politicians deserve it and Mbadinuju isn't one of them.
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Corea4king(m): 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
JosephXavier:

I think is Emeka offor that installed Mbadunuju

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Owoino: 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2023
Who cares,he was just another dirty IPOB goat like Ojukwu, Peter Obi,Nnamdi Kanu and the rest of them. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by naijapikin2(m): 12:13am On Apr 12, 2023
Someone refresh my memory, is it not this governor who was alleged to have killed the late barrister barnabas igwe and his wife
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by aariwa(m): 12:14am On Apr 12, 2023
He refused to pay teachers while saving up the money for re-election and also planned to use bakassi boys to win. EMEKA ofor went and told Obj that he planned to use bakkasi to win elections by killing his opponents and OBJ banned them. The whole Money he saved up in defunct standard trust bank then where Uche Ekwunife was governor was diverted by her because he was a fool for her pussy same way diezani was for and messed Jonathan up
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by SReporters: 1:10am On Apr 12, 2023
Aurielfinizu:

Bro evil that men do live after em

That is left for fate to decide

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Harddiskng(m): 3:27am On Apr 12, 2023
JosephXavier:

There is no peace for the wicked.

We would all one stand before the Creator and receive his righteous judgment for our earthly deeds. Some eternal life, some eternal condemnation.

The man still left this realm without taking a dime with him, sad part is that some of his counterparts would attend his funeral and not still have a change of heart from their wicked ways…

..later someone would ask why Hell Fire has to be eternal. If it was for a time - 500 years, there are people that will intentionally live with reckless abandon without regard for their fellow man. Even as at now, if eternal torment doesn’t move them, what will.
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by broadman20: 3:53am On Apr 12, 2023
Zico5:
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

This is one of the nationalists who fought for the unity of these country. Though Biafra by birth but he knew the implication of beating the drum of war in a polarized country like Nigeria. I think elders in that region should warn those young guys inviting impunity to live with caution. Nigeria is too sensitive for someone to just talk or write carelessly. A word they say is enough for the wise.

Oh God,

May Nigeria happened to this young man,

Amen.
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 12, 2023
SReporters:

That is left for fate to decide

Oya u don turn another Messiah na..

Since this one by God is not it
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by freewayuk: 6:15am On Apr 12, 2023
PerfectJUSTICE:
Apart from being a former governor he left no other imprint in the state. Rest in peace to the dead tho

Relocation of the State University in Uli his hometown?

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by freewayuk: 6:18am On Apr 12, 2023
UNDFTD:

Jim Nwobodo was NEVER a governor of Enugu State! He was the governor of Anambra State, which included the current[b] Enugu State[/b] and part of Ebonyi State. Get your facts straight!

He governed the Former Anambra State from the Lion Building in Enugu State.
Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by fexyrich(m): 6:45am On Apr 12, 2023
I remember when I went for holidays in anambra around year 2000 and he visited my uncle's church in awka road as governor and made some donations that day as they were doing bazaar...Fine gentle man...I was a kid then..Also remember he was the governor that brought in bakassi boys into anambra that helped to wipe out all the criminal elemnts in the state

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by fexyrich(m): 6:47am On Apr 12, 2023
I remember when I went for holidays in anambra around year 2000 and he visited my uncle's church in awka road as governor and made some donations that day as they were doing bazaar...Fine gentle man...I was a kid then..Also remember he was the governor that brought in bakassi boys into anambra that helped to wipe out all the criminal elemnts in the state..There was this popular song they used to sing for him as governor back then...His full name is Chinwoke mbadinuju odera!!! RIP sir...The news of ur death threw me down memory lane 😭😢

1 Like

Re: Chinwoke Mbadinuju Is Dead by HenryTimes: 7:46am On Apr 12, 2023
malaria:

Did you read where he stated former Enugu state. The statement already explains all

There's nothing like former Enugu state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye / Buhari’s Presidency Is Dead —junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.