Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? (1223 Views)

First Bank Plc Faces Money Laundering Charge / First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by oluromeo(m): 11:45am On Sep 21, 2011
It is so painful when we are voiceless in our own country, About a couple of hours ago i sent money to a student's first bank account in O.A.U Ile-Ife from Lagos, not knowing (both parties) that the so called bank now have a new policy without prior notification to their customers. First Bank Plc now has the policy that you must have minimum of two-thousand five hundred naira (N2,500) left in your bank account, meanwhile the account is student savings account.
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by Wazoblog(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
No! it is N2,000 minimum balance and not N2,500.
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by Wazoblog(m): 6:50am On Sep 23, 2011
There is nothing called fraud in this case, Policy we are talking about.
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by haykay87: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2011
Customers were also notified on the policy change for over a period of one month.
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by oluromeo(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2011
Thanks for your comments but I wouldn't have sent the money if I'd been notified.
Not every student can afford the policy of N2,500 left in a student savings account (A students saving account?).
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by doctokwus: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2011
Dis is d kind of reckless post dt shd b discouraged and evn sanctioned.Much as fraudulent companies shd b exposed,pple shd not com and mke reckless assertions.Where is d fraud dt d bank has committed in d op's statement.Dis is ignorance carried to d stupidity level!
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by mrinfo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2011
@doctokwus That's a harsh way. Mellow your blame down
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by haykay87: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2011
We are all matured business people, we don't need to use harsh tones. Its just a discussion but feel free to express yourselves.
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by doctokwus: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2011
@mirinfo and haykay87,cudnt but sound d way I did bc of d title of d thread.Am an advocate of d use of d social media to right d many wrongs in nigeria,since many establishments and govt agencies av failed us,e.g,d ABSU rape saga;but wt it also comes responsibilty.Blv it or not,some info postd on d web can make or mar people,organisations and evn govts,so we shd all mke sure of our info b4 we post;and as far as I c it dere's nothing fraudulent in wat d bank has done for d Op to stat insinuating fraud.
Re: First Bank Plc: Fraud Alert? by oluromeo(m): 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2011
@doctokwus - why are you too quick to judge? anyways, thanks for the insult but YOU SHOULD BE LITERATE ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO INSULT PEOPLE on the internet. You could be rich more than the richest man on earth to have over uncountable money at least left in your bank account, you could leave that to your bank policy. But here, we are talking about students savings account and I just posted that, so other students who cant afford the policy would know how to get their money sent and make use of the money for whatever they needed if for, rather than some policies unknowingly boycotting their money.

@others - thanks for your comments.

(1) (Reply)

Photography Business: How Can One Possibly Make Huge Profit From It / Very New Dredger For Lease/hire Call David 07067425770 / I Want To Invest Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.