Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda (2308 Views)

Wike: FG Politicising COVID-19 Response. Lagos Got N10 Billion, Rivers Got None / Nigerians Blast PDP For Politicising Buhari Statements On Election Rigging / Boko Haram: Buhari Warns Nigerians Against Politicising Soldiers’ Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by toneroforever(m): 6:17am On Apr 12, 2023
Emuforlife1:
If people stick to what they are good at, it would save them embarrassment.
If Adichie sticked to her fictional writing, it will do her good.
Now she has shown the Whole World the Bigot she is (They always have this within, no matter how 'enlightened'). Only people currently praising her are her tribal people. A group of people who believed Buhari was coming to Islamize Nigeria, people who believed Buhari died and was replaced by Jubril El-Sudani. Lol
A group of people who believe Chimamanda is better than the Great Literature Icon, Prof. Akinwande Oluwole Soyinka. Pathetic.

Go & sit down. Envy & jealousy has eaten you up.
That's how u Yorubas kept vilifying Okonjo Iweala while the rest world was celebrating her.
The worst of humanity... U think getting an education clears you of an inherent demonic trait. Only a few of u reason properly.

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by seunmsg(m): 6:17am On Apr 12, 2023
And that’s the south east. They are the only region that voter along ethic line. Atiku lost a state in the north east, Tinubu lost 2 states in the south west and Peter Obi got over 90% in the south east.

The rest of the country don’t just want good governance, they want a good leader who is a nationalist and unifier and not an ethno- religious bigot who think election is a religious war. We don’t want a president who will appoint someone from his tribe as minister from Sokoto and Lagos. Most importantly, we don’t want a president who failed woefully as a governor.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by cktheluckyman: 6:24am On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:

Did Mahmood Yakub run INEC alone without recs from all state?!

Did he purchase BVAS machine in all the almost 130,000 polling unit and many spared which got burnt?!

Did he print needed Ballot papers and materials needed?!

Did he pay NYSC and security in all the almost 130,000 polling unit?!

Didn't BVAS accreditation work at all polling unit accross 774 LGA?!

Didn't IREV database online show 98% of results within 5 days

Didn't INEC ask you all to guide your votes and snap a picture of your results to compare with IREV database??
Oga INEC guidelines promised online-real time transmission of results from the polling units!!! Anything other that the elections was compromised.Stop trying to justify rubbish!!

The one-time real time transmission of results was supposed to be the game changer in the 2023 elections
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by cktheluckyman: 6:26am On Apr 12, 2023
seunmsg:
And that’s the south east. They are the only region that voter along ethic line. Atiku lost a state in the north east, Tinubu lost 2 states in the south west and Peter Obi got over 90% in the south east.

The rest of the country don’t just want good governance, they want a good leader who is a nationalist and unifier and not an ethno- religious bigot who think election is a religious war. We don’t want a president who will appoint someone from his tribe as minister from Sokoto and Lagos. Most importantly, we don’t want a president who failed woefully as a governor.

The only thing in you people's head .Tribalism!! That is the only card you have to play.The same people that stopped non-yorubas from voting in Lagos, including SS,SE and even the NC from voting and calling them igbos.
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by cktheluckyman: 6:28am On Apr 12, 2023
blackpanda:

Eyah. You have 8yrs to wail dear. Tinubu is your President, no matter how hard you cry grin
Again sick Tinubu is not even in the country yet to be sworn in on May 29 let alone ruling for one month
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Emuforlife1: 6:28am On Apr 12, 2023
toneroforever:

Go & sit down. Envy & jealousy has eaten you up.
That's how u Yorubas kept vilifying Okonjo Iweala while the rest world was celebrating her.
The worst of humanity... U think getting an education clears you of an inherent demonic trait. Only a few of u reason properly.
She said her conclusion that Peter Obi would win was premised on online polls, why should I take this one seriously gringrin Same online polls that predicted Atiku and GEJ to win in 2019 and 2015 respectively, she didn't write letter thencheesy

I have no reason to hate Mama Okonjo because she has SENSE
Many people started taking Amanda less seriously when she started her Feminism and LGBTQRSTH+ bullsh!t. Oyinbo wannabe.
She's only a good fictional writer. Let her stick to that and stay out of Nigerian politics afterall she said last year that she's not longer interested in Nigerian affairs, why is she now behaving like a Woman on heat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by toneroforever(m): 6:36am On Apr 12, 2023
Emuforlife1:

She said her conclusion that Peter Obi would win was premised on online polls, why should I take this one seriously gringrin Same online polls that predicted Atiku and GEJ to win in 2019 and 2015 respectively, she didn't write letter thencheesy

Many people started taking Amanda less seriously when she started her Feminism bullsh!t. Oyinbo wannabe.
She's only a good fictional writer. Let her stick to that and stay out of Nigerian politics afterall she said last year that she's not longer interested in Nigerian affairs, why is she now behaving like a Woman on heat

Y'all got free education from Awolowo when what u actually needed was a spiritual deliverance from ur fallen demonic progenitor,Oduduwa.
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Emuforlife1: 6:37am On Apr 12, 2023
toneroforever:

Y'all got free education from Awolowo when what u actually needed was a spiritual deliverance from ur demonic progenitor,Oduduwa.
k
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Anchor12: 6:37am On Apr 12, 2023
MikoB:
Alll the noise about Tinubu will surely go down by the the time he is sworn in on my may 29,i don't know why most people now, don't think uprightly any longer, it was obvious Tinubu was going to win, immediately pdp got divided with Obi and kwankwaso leaving also there was a G5 faction as well, those of you hating Tinubu better start planning for another election with real strategy not all these propangada and defamation of name, I am not a fan of Tinubu but I don't hate him either, but from the beginning I realised there were only two ways to stop Tinubu and they were 1)God and the 2)was Buhari but Buhari decided to look other way during the primary...

Well spoken

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by toneroforever(m): 6:46am On Apr 12, 2023
Emuforlife1:

Many people started taking Amanda less seriously when she started her Feminism bullsh!t. Oyinbo wannabe.

Ur love or hate for her doesn't stop her progress. While most of u were vilifying her, the world was celebrating her & appointing her into important positions like the Twitter board, World Bank VP & lately the DG of WTO(first woman & African). U think it's about quota system & federal character.
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Raskimonojendor: 6:47am On Apr 12, 2023
dozymars:

Chimamanda: Only one part of the political spectrum is politicizing ethnicity.

Most people in Nigeria want good leadership and do not care about ethnicity.

You can watch the interview with Arise TV here:

Okay mummy Ibo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Raskimonojendor: 6:49am On Apr 12, 2023
Emuforlife1:

I have no reason to hate Mama Okonjo because she has SENSE.

And gayism.

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Strafudeen: 6:52am On Apr 12, 2023
JAMO84:
All I want you to know is, Tinubu is not Buhari that still went ahead to spend $2.5b dollars on your Niger bridge, after you call him a Terrorist for 8 years. This hatred will be returned in 10 folds when he gets to Aso Rock, anybody that cry marginalization, na God go punish ham. No tribe has Monopoly for hatred, the hatred will be mutual this time.

It cannot be a coincidence that a particular tribe hated Awolowo, Abiola and Tinubu, it's not a coincidence, they have swore to always pull down our political leaders from one generation to the next. If you're Yoruba and you believe it's Tinubu they hate, well I have news for you, you're senseless. They attacked Osinbajo for 7 years, call Fashola minister of Darkness, attacked Kemi Adeosun until they pulled her down, now it's the turn of Wole Shoyinka.

The next 4 years is going to be fire for fire, what happened in the last governorship election in Lagos should give them an idea of what's to come, we are not our parents and grandparents who stomached your hatred and jealousy, you will see Shege Banza this time around.

I AM DONE TALKING

If tinubu spend any kobo on igboland God punish his father and his useless generation.

I dare the cocaine pusher....we don't need his useless cursed fingers on ignoland
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Raskimonojendor: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2023
TrackerXL:
Chiamanda futile effort to ridicule the 2023 presidential election as all come to nothing.

AriseTV giving her airtime will only expose she is all charade diced in bigotry n hate like many of her tribesmen. AriseTV should keep it coming. Wonder why Obidafties are not hyping this interview on SM nothing tangible meaningful or even intellectual was said now compare that to Soyinka's interview to understand Adichie still as a lot to learn.
100%.
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 12, 2023
Very well spoken.

Arise is doing a great job. They cannot silence us.
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Raskimonojendor: 6:56am On Apr 12, 2023
JAMO84:
All I want you to know is, Tinubu is not Buhari that still went ahead to spend $2.5b dollars on your Niger bridge, after you call him a Terrorist for 8 years. This hatred will be returned in 10 folds when he gets to Aso Rock, anybody that cry marginalization, na God go punish ham. No tribe has Monopoly for hatred, the hatred will be mutual this time.

It cannot be a coincidence that a particular tribe hated Awolowo, Abiola and Tinubu, it's not a coincidence, they have swore to always pull down our political leaders from one generation to the next. If you're Yoruba and you believe it's Tinubu they hate, well I have news for you, you're senseless. They attacked Osinbajo for 7 years, call Fashola minister of Darkness, attacked Kemi Adeosun until they pulled her down, now it's the turn of Wole Shoyinka.

The next 4 years is going to be fire for fire, what happened in the last governorship election in Lagos should give them an idea of what's to come, we are not our parents and grandparents who stomached your hatred and jealousy, you will see Shege Banza this time around.

I AM DONE TALKING
It wasn't a coincidence that Peter Obi in APGA was busy portraying ACN candidates as Yoruba candidates while portraying APGA candidates as Ibo candidates.

Nzeribe's hate for the Yorubas are well documented from the 1993 June 12 election (one of those that begged Babangida and filed petition in court for Abiola's Victory to be annulled. He returned again in 1998 to fight against OBJ and Falae.

2 Likes

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by toneroforever(m): 6:57am On Apr 12, 2023
Emuforlife1:

I have no reason to hate Mama Okonjo because she has SENSE ......

All of a sudden Okonjo now has sense🤣🤣🤣

Or was it that the Kemi u guys appointed as her successor just couldn't measure up & had to run away...🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Raskimonojendor: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2023
cktheluckyman:

Lol at least Buhari was not pissing on his body nor suffering from dementia during the campaigns
You lots laughed at him and said he had dementia when he called Osibanjo osinbade. Your people started spreading false news that he died and was already replaced by Jibril from Sudan. The hate was so much that South Easterners were analyzing his nose, lips and ears to justify your hatred and lies. Bubu has almost completed his 8 years and even much fresher than before he became president.

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by TrackerXL: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2023
Only igbos claim he wasted the money because a Pandora criminal destined never to be president lost an election ask same igbos if the election was credible in Abia Anambra Edo n watch their response to show what a foolish human some can be.

Let me rephrase, ask Igbos what state of part of the election did the election fraud occur to under the gravity of foolishness a set of human held on to just to have the most credible election in the history of Nigeria anulled like they shamelessly in 1993 with MKO Abiola election victory but God is on ground to shame n disgrace you lot today.

cktheluckyman:

A professor of statistics wasted N300bn of tax payers money telling us he was going to conduct and transmit the results of the election electronically.

If it was to be in countries like China Prof Mamood Yakubu will be executed for economic sabotage
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by maivd: 7:12am On Apr 12, 2023
She should channel are energy to the killings and sit at home in the east. Would she have taken the same stand if the winner was a northerner or from the west? All the nonsense and fake love she is trying to portray came a little too late. A bigot will always be a bigot no matter what. She should speak for ipob and not Nigeria. She loves to hate this country,her opinion should be forwarded to emeka powerful.

2 Likes

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Fernandeswagger(m): 7:12am On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Suddenly being a top NewYork best times fictional story book seller qualified Adiche to speak on social reality far above her academic and mental prowess

A Professor of Statistics Professor Mahmood Yakub of INEC, and 100s of Professors from different tribes of Nigeria and all Nigerian Tertiary University came together to administer an election with INEC Professional Permanent staffs, 100s of Thousands of Dedicated NYSC AdHoc staffs serving their father land, 500,000 security personnel, 100s of international electoral observers from accross the world all conducted an election between 14 contestants

Tinubu had 8m votes across 774 LGA wining 12 states and 25% total vote casted In 30

Atiku had 6 million

Obi had 4 million

Chimanda Adiche didn't get her PVC and Never voted, Rinu never voted , Aisha Yesufu and Falz voted and won their polling unit

And just because Obi came third after failing in the core North, Chimanda that didn't vote want effort and sacrifice of millions of Nigeria illegitimise by US government

Oga this is pure BS! So Yakubu is now a professor of statistics and not history? A man who studied Islamic history for that matter?! This is pure misinformation which is a good tactic against the gullible. The rest of your stats are just the bollocks that INEC gave the country no point repeating them.

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Keegan: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2023
JAMO84:
It cannot be a coincidence that a particular tribe hated Awolowo, Abiola and Tinubu, it's not a coincidence, they have swore to always pull down our political leaders from one generation to the next. If you're Yoruba and you believe it's Tinubu they hate, well I have news for you, you're senseless. They attacked Osinbajo for 7 years, call Fashola minister of Darkness, attacked Kemi Adeosun until they pulled her down, now it's the turn of Wole Soyinka.

Well said; all their evil acts against the Yorubas are deliberate. Their days of reckoning is nigh.

3 Likes

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by jasent(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Suddenly being a top NewYork best times fictional story book seller qualified Adiche to speak on social reality far above her academic and mental prowess

A Professor of Statistics Professor Mahmood Yakub of INEC, and 100s of Professors from different tribes of Nigeria and all Nigerian Tertiary University came together to administer an election with INEC Professional Permanent staffs, 100s of Thousands of Dedicated NYSC AdHoc staffs serving their father land, 500,000 security personnel, 100s of international electoral observers from accross the world all conducted an election between 14 contestants

Tinubu had 8m votes across 774 LGA wining 12 states and 25% total vote casted In 30

Atiku had 6 million

Obi had 4 million

Chimanda Adiche didn't get her PVC and Never voted, Rinu never voted , Aisha Yesufu and Falz voted and won their polling unit

And just because Obi came third after failing in the core North, Chimanda that didn't vote want effort and sacrifice of millions of Nigeria illegitimise by US government

Of course this is the narrative you want to push hence the reason you place him on third position. Don't worry, you've been given the opportunity to prove how you got you 8million votes,go and prove it

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 12, 2023
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING

Small boy with limited wisdom. The cold hands of DEATH await you at the beginning of this imperiled journey you've set out on. I assure you of that.

Interpret it how you like.

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Ireportlive: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2023
toneroforever:

All of a sudden Okonjo now has sense🤣🤣🤣

Or was it that the Kemi u guys appointed as her successor just couldn't measure up & had to run away...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Since when is Anioma Okonjo who schooled in Ibadan now Ibo national asset
Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Obaaderemi2: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Emuforlife1:
If people stick to what they are good at, it would save them embarrassment.
If Adichie sticked to her fictional writing, it will do her good.
Now she has shown the Whole World the Bigot she is (They always have this within, no matter how 'enlightened'). Only people currently praising her are her tribal people. A group of people who believed Buhari was coming to Islamize Nigeria, people who believed Buhari died and was replaced by Jubril El-Sudani. Lol
A group of people who believe Chimamanda is better than the Great Literature Icon, Prof. Akinwande Oluwole Soyinka. Pathetic.
She didn't just start showing her bigotry against Yoruba. She showed it in Half of A Yellow Sun and again in an article a few years ago where she alleged that Yorubas in Lagos celebrated it when ibos left Lagos enmasse during the civil war claiming the price of garri would come down when ibos leave.

She writes a lot of things you wouldn't expect of a broad minded Human being. She is highly tribalised and seriously pained that her ibo tribe has always played second fiddle to yorubas in everything good in Nigeria.

She is following in the footsteps of her godfather, Achebe who displayed the same bigotry against Yorubas in his last book, There Was A Country.

Most ibos are closet bigots. They are just unable and unwilling to rise above envy and petty negative competition against Yorubas. Shame.

4 Likes

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Benwallt(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2023
This hideous looking woman keeps falling. This is same person that said "I support Obi because he is Igbo" Isn't that ethnicity?.

Very reckless

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by cktheluckyman: 7:53am On Apr 12, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

You lots laughed at him and said he had dementia when he called Osibanjo osinbade. Your people started spreading false news that he died and was already replaced by Jibril from Sudan. The hate was so much that South Easterners were analyzing his nose, lips and ears to justify your hatred and lies. Bubu has almost completed his 8 years and even much fresher than before he became president.
Buhari is not Tinubu.He was not pissing on his body during the campaigns

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by cktheluckyman: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
She didn't just start showing her bigotry against Yoruba. She showed it in Half of A Yellow Sun and again in an article a few years ago where she alleged that Yorubas in Lagos celebrated it when ibos left Lagos enmasse during the civil war claiming the price of garri would come down when ibos leave.

She writes a lot of things you wouldn't expect of a broad minded Human being. She is highly tribalised and seriously pained that her ibo tribe has always played second fiddle to yorubas in everything good in Nigeria.

She is following in the footsteps of her godfather, Achebe who displayed the same bigotry against Yorubas in his last book, There Was A Country.

Most ibos are closet bigots. They are just unable and unwilling to rise above envy and petty negative competition against Yorubas. Shame.
Yoruba APC leaders including Tinubu were "nationalists" when they stopped non-yorubas from voting in Lagos,?

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by VERDA: 7:58am On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Professor Mahmood Yakub of INEC, and 100s of Professors from different tribes of Nigeria and all Nigerian Tertiary University came together to administer an election with INEC Professional Permanent staffs, 100s of Thousands of Dedicated NYSC AdHoc staffs serving their father land, 500,000 security personnel, 100s of international electoral observers from accross the world all conducted an election between 14 contestants

Atiku had 6 million

Obi had 4 million

Abeg shift with your garbage talk, do you have to be a professor of PHD holder to know the elections were flawed, are you blind??, Did you not see how people were being threatened in lagos cos they are from a particular ethnic group??

Are you blind to the sham that happened in Rivers where the rigging was so bad the actual result on Irev os different from what was annonuced??.

You guys are hopelessly corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Only One Part Of The Political Spectrum Is Politicising Ethnicity -chimamanda by Emuforlife1: 9:00am On Apr 12, 2023
toneroforever:

All of a sudden Okonjo now has sense

Or was it that the Kemi u guys appointed as her successor just couldn't measure up & had to run away...
You have failed. I'm not Yoruba, stop quoting me please cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tweets Of Olusegun Dada, Tinubu SA On Digital Media Against Tinubu In 2011(pics) / The 3 Institutions That Would Cause Revolution/war In Nigeria / Student Falls Asleep During Obama Speech

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.