Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case (4221 Views)

NNPC:trial Of Treasury Looters To Begin Soon - Buhari / Abia Government Sacks ASOPADEC Director Over Rape Case / 2 People Have Been Arrested Over ABSU Rape Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by ITbomb(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2011
Rape of ABSU student: Police yet to start investigation

There are indications that the Nigeria Police has not started investigation to apprehend those behind the alleged raping of a lady believed to be a student of Abia State University.

The lady was gang raped by five students suspected to be members of a cult group in the university, who recorded and later posted the video on the Internet on August 17, 2011.

But more than a month after the incident, the police have yet to begin an investigation that could lead to the arrest of the suspects.

While the Commissioner of Police, Abia State Command, Mr. Bala Hasan, had insisted that the incident did not take place in the state but rather on a campus of ABSU in Imo State, an officer at the Imo State Police Command said the crime was not committed in Imo.

The police officer, who did not want to be quoted because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, told PUNCH METRO that he had called the Area Commander in charge of Okigwe on the matter.

He said, “I called the Area Commander in charge of Okigwe, but he (area commander) said nothing like that happened in Imo State. The Abia CP claimed the incident happened in Imo State.

“But based on what I have gathered, the incident did not happen in Imo State. The crime was committed in Abia. Why is the CP in Abia saying it happened in Imo?”

The catalogue of denials from the police indicates that they are yet to begin a search for the suspected rapists with a view to arresting and bringing them to book.

Meanwhile, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has condemned the incident and called on parents to be alive to their responsibility by giving their children sound moral upbringing.

Speaking on behalf of the organisation’s President-General, the National Publicity Secretary, Ralph Ndigwe, blamed lack of parental guidance for the act and other cases of rape involving Nigerian students.

He said, “The advice is for parents to hold their children. It is not in the character of the children to misbehave or seek to become rapists but once the upbringing is faulty, they are bound to misbehave later in life.

“Most of the cult members, rapists and armed robbers we find in our universities and polytechnics are products of bad upbringing and broken homes.

“If only parents and guardians would face squarely the responsibility of guiding their children and wards to the right path, then the Igboland and Nigeria in general would be better for it.”

Ohanaeze Ndigbo, however, said rape was not new to the society, but taking videos of the victim was “Sheer wickedness.” It urged the Federal Government to look into the matter immediately.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011092126734

Ohaneze Ndigbo has confirmed that violation is commonplace in south east universities, only that this is the first time it has been captured on camera
www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011092126734
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by ITbomb(m): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
Meanwhile, the apex Igbo socio-cultural
organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has condemned
the incident and called on parents to be alive to
their responsibility by giving their children sound
moral upbringing. Speaking on behalf of the organisation’s
President-General, the National Publicity Secretary,
Ralph Ndigwe, blamed lack of parental guidance
for the act and other cases of rape involving
Nigerian students. He said, “The advice is for parents to hold their
children. It is not in the character of the children to
misbehave or seek to become rapists but once the
upbringing is faulty, they are bound to misbehave
later in life. “Most of the cult members, rapists and armed
robbers we find in our universities and
polytechnics are products of bad upbringing and
broken homes. “If only parents and guardians would face
squarely the responsibility of guiding their children
and wards to the right path, then the Igboland and
Nigeria in general would be better for it.” Ohanaeze Ndigbo, however, said rape was not
new to the society, but taking videos of the victim
was “Sheer wickedness.” It urged the Federal
Government to look into the matter immediately.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by tunnytox(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
Really? I've to read the news properly before making any comment.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by ChinenyeN(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
As much as I don't even like Ohanaeze, I find ITbomb's presence suspect and this entire topic outright distasteful.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by T8ksy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
ChinenyeN:

As much as I don't even like Ohanaeze, I find ITbomb's presence suspect and this entire topic outright distasteful.

The report has nothing to do with your like or otherwise for ohanaeze rather its to do with how common violation is in your "utopia".
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by htajz: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
has not started investigation to apprehend those behind the alleged raping of a lady believed to be a student of Abia State University.

The lady was gang raped by five students suspected to be members of a cult group in the university, who recorded and later posted the video on the Internet on August 17, 2011.

But more than a month after the incident, the police have yet to begin an investigation that could lead to the arrest of the suspects.

While the Commissioner of Police, Abia State Command, Mr. Bala Hasan, had insisted that the incident did not take place in the state but rather on a campus of ABSU in Imo State, an officer at the Imo State Police Command said the crime was not committed in Imo.

The police officer, who did not want to be quoted because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, told PUNCH METRO that he had called the Area Commander in charge of Okigwe on the matter.

He said, “I called the Area Commander in charge of Okigwe, but he (area commander) said nothing like that happened in Imo State. The Abia CP claimed the incident happened in Imo State.

“But based on what I have gathered, the incident did not happen in Imo State. The crime was committed in Abia. Why is the CP in Abia saying it happened in Imo?”

The catalogue of denials from the police indicates that they are yet to begin a search for the suspected rapists with a view to arresting and bringing them to book.

Meanwhile, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has condemned the incident and called on parents to be alive to their responsibility by giving their children sound moral upbringing.

Speaking on behalf of the organisation’s President-General, the National Publicity Secretary, Ralph Ndigwe, blamed lack of parental guidance for the act and other cases of rape involving Nigerian students.

He said, “The advice is for parents to hold their children. It is not in the character of the children to misbehave or seek to become rapists but once the upbringing is faulty, they are bound to misbehave later in life.

“Most of the cult members, rapists and armed robbers we find in our universities and polytechnics are products of bad upbringing and broken homes.

“If only parents and guardians would face squarely the responsibility of guiding their children and wards to the right path, then the Igboland and Nigeria in general would be better for it.”

Ohanaeze Ndigbo, however, said rape was not new to the society, but taking videos of the victim was “Sheer wickedness.” It urged the Federal Government to look into the matter immediately.

still looking for where they made the statement or maybe am blind
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by EkoIle1: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
Again, another ibo on ibo atrocity.

Gang rape, governor fhucking and getting his wife's sister pregnant.

What else is new?
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by ChinenyeN(m): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
T8ksy:

The report has nothing to do with your like or otherwise for ohanaeze rather its to do with how common violation is in your "utopia".
I see you didn't actually read the article, just ITbomb's subject 'headline'. . . So again, it remains just as I said earlier, I find this topic distasteful and suspect.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by Fokativ: 8:16am On Sep 22, 2011
Nigeria Police -A bunch of corrupt and worthless lot
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by BootyOnMe: 8:35am On Sep 22, 2011
When the police are ogbonge 'ra-pist's themselves. From IG to 20Naira ROAD-BLOCK extortionists all over Nigeria.
This has given them more impetus to r-ape and plunder even when we are not at war.
It is left to the Nigerian women to liberate themselves.
Enough of playing the 'willing, helpless victims'! kiss

NIGERIAN WOMEN. . .STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND STOP PURSUING PEH-NISES AND FRUITS OF THE RAP-ED WOMBS FROM PEDO-PH-ILES AND PERVERTS!!! LEARN TO USE YOUR BRAINS. . .WORK TOGETHER LIKE SISTERS AND STOP FIGHTING OVER RABID PEH-NISES ON OR OFF THE WWW!!! YOU MIGHT BE NEXT!!! NIGERIAN MEN WILL NEVER PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. . .THEY ONLY EXIST TO HUMILIATE/SUBDUE YOU!!! kiss

SHINE YA EYES, WHILE SHINNING YA CONGOS TOO!!! kiss

Hmmmmmm!!! This is so sickening. The Igbo cannot even unite to fight this menace. Yet, they want Biafra. . .!!! Joke of the century. See Igbo pride aka 'divide and conquer' in action. See why I always say that if Nigeria ever breaks up, I AM MOVING TO THE NORTH? I would rather live amongst them 'BOKOS' I tellya.
Tufiakwa!!! cry

They cannot even help one of their own. . .a female? God forbid!!! cry

Una nyansh don open finish. The shame is complete!!!!

What is the difference? Meanwhile, serial, generational rap-ists are on the lose?
Obviously, these goons know exactly where this heinous abomination took place and are wan-king off serially every night with the damn thing.
Sick phocks!

I pity black race.  cry

Mu he he he he he

Obama says: 911 happened in NEW J-ORK not AMERICA. . .So, not my business!!!
Classic!!!
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by BootyOnMe: 9:10am On Sep 22, 2011
[size=20pt]Ohanaeze Ndigbo, however, said violation was not
new to the society, but taking videos of the victim
was “Sheer wickedness.” It urged the Federal
Government to look into the matter immediately
[/size]

Common sharrap. Now is the time to prove your 'omni-potent' Biafran pride and power, you are calling the federal government. grin Bloody cowards! Please, fix your stench yourselves. This is NOT the federal governments business. OLD FOOLS!
Violation is not new to society. Thanks to the sick phocks you keep breeding as 'children'! Conceived in 'holy matrimonial violation' too!

This just keeps getting nauseating by the minute.

A fu am ALLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

But they do have a point. ONLY wicked IGBO boys/men would put such a thing on YOUTUBE.
THAT WAS MY WHOLE POINT ALL ALONG.
100 GBOZAS!!!!
Very correct! kiss
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by DaThinka: 9:43am On Sep 22, 2011
Let the truth be told, the Ibo states have the highest level of rape cases in the nation. I am using statistics from women groups and not just hear-say. Enugu being the highest. Informally I have also discussed with folks that grew up in these parts and they actually do not really see anything wrong with the fate suffered by girls because according to them "it is because of the girls behaviour" whatever that means.

The Ohaneze are just stating the obvious. I think what is needed is a re-orientation of our brothers in the south east that because you spend money on a girl, does not give you a right to her womanhood. I have watched the video and I can deduce from the proceedings that the girl actually knew these men. Same scenario played out with a friend of mine and she spent 25years of her life in silence and only told me when I asked her why she had an aversion towards sex and men. There are thousands of girls being raped daily(heck there might be a raping going on now) so what we need is a holistic approach and not this symptomatic approach we are now clamouring for.

I do not like the police but please people cut them some slack. There is nothing they can do if the girl does not come forward or someone that knows her because the guys never showed their faces. SHAME ON THE VC AND THE ABIA STATE GOVERNMENT. ABSU claiming it was not their student and the Abia state government claiming it was in Imo state. If you know it is in Imo then I bet you know the house so go ahead and arrest the land lord.

I am watching this with interest.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by TenKobo1: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2011
Those who put their trust on the Nigeria Police will surely tell stories of woes.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by iykak47: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2011
bootyonme or what do you call yourself, so you are still under illusion that insulting IGBOS  is part of  your medication. only a child who is not well brought up, will open her mouth like a burst pipe, allow words falling unchecked. even your so called jokes are not funny. ezi.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by BootyOnMe: 10:08am On Sep 22, 2011
iykak47:

bootyonme or what do you call yourself, so you are still under illusion that insulting IGBOS  is part of  your medication. only a child who is not well brought up, will open her mouth like a burst pipe, allow words falling unchecked. even your so called jokes are not funny. ezi.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
My belle o!
Good one!

Mu he he he he wink

This must be my darling 'anusssexxxy'!
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by BootyOnMe: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2011
Da_Thinka:

[b][size=20pt]Let the truth be told, the Ibo states have the highest level of violation cases in the nation. I am using statistics from women groups and not just hear-say. Enugu being the highest. Informally I have also discussed with folks that grew up in these parts and they actually do not really see anything wrong with the fate suffered by girls because according to them "it is because of the girls behaviour" whatever that means.[/size]

The Ohaneze are just stating the obvious. I think what is needed is a re-orientation of our brothers in the south east that because you spend money on a girl, does not give you a right to her womanhood. I have watched the video and I can deduce from the proceedings that the girl actually knew these men. Same scenario played out with a friend of mine and she spent 25years of her life in silence and only told me when I asked her why she had an aversion towards sex and men. There are thousands of girls being violated daily(heck there might be a Desecrating going on now) so what we need is a holistic approach and not this symptomatic approach we are now clamouring for.

I do not like the police but please people cut them some slack. There is nothing they can do if the girl does not come forward or someone that knows her because the guys never showed their faces. SHAME ON THE VC AND THE ABIA STATE GOVERNMENT. ABSU claiming it was not their student and the Abia state government claiming it was in Imo state. If you know it is in Imo then I bet you know the house so go ahead and arrest the land lord.

I am watching this with interest.[/b]

GBAM!
The truth is bitter part 2! kiss

A typical 'IGBO' man phocks like he is a-rap-in-g you in bed. . .and the 'sick' women in that Eastern Nigeria tend to enjoy such nastiness and aggression.
The way he 'part's your legs by force and RRRRRRRRRRRRAMS into you kpa-kpa. . .will clue you in to the FACT that he has most-def 'violated' one or several in the past.
He even bite your 'breas-ts' too! tongue
Coming to mouth action. . .oturugbeke o! Dem go juzz chop ya 'focuss point' swallow am only because e dey draw/smell like 'snail' for okro soup!  wink
Nothing go remain.

Erm. . .na so 'dem' tell me o! cheesy In discussing with many IGBOTIC gals married to CULTISTS, they confided in me to my utmost horror. . .that they find 'forceful entry' extremely sexy. One woman or should I say 'psycho-bintch' from IMO state even told me she feels appreciated if her husband beats her out of jealousy if she flirts with other men. HUH! We were not even married then. I got rid of her arzzzzzzz ASAP! kiss

Psycho-biatch!

My pipo, e be like say ALL OF DEM (both male and female) dey sick o! This thing don make Nigerian IGBO woman especially lose her senses forget her body and spirit. We ALL need prayers!

Next please.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by Limaoscar: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2011
GBAM!
The truth is bitter part 2!

A typical 'IGBO' man phocks like he is a-rap-in-g you.
The way he 'part's your legs by force and RRRRRRRRRRRRAMS into you kpa-kpa. . .will clue you in to the FACT that he has most-def 'violated' one or several in the past.
He even bite your 'breas-ts' too!
Coming to mouth action. . .oturugbeke o! Dem go juzz chop ya 'focuss point' swallow am only because e dey draw/smell like 'snail' for okro soup!
Nothing go remain.

Erm. . .na so 'dem' tell me o! In discussing with many IGBOTIC gals married to CULTISTS, they confided in me to my utmost horror. . .that they find 'forceful entry' extremely sexy. One woman or should I say 'psycho-bintch' from IMO state even told me she feels appreciated if her husband. beats her out of jealousy if she flirts with other men. HUH! We were not even married then. I got rid of her arzzzzzzz ASAP!

My pipo, e be like say ALL OF DEM dey sick o! This thing don make Nigerian IGBO woman especially lose her senses forget her body and spirit. We ALL need prayers!

Next please.

Bros, you don Kolo o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by fjjc(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2011
The Head of police also should be call to Abuja for investigation on his person if he can not give report on an incident that occur in his state of service.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by Tokotaya: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
Our police is a joke.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by BootyOnMe: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2011
Limaoscar:

Bros, you don Kolo o shocked shocked shocked

The truth is bitter Part 3.
Who nor fear IGBO people, nor fear SATAN!
QED!!!
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by yeye4live(m): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2011
were s d so caled violator, why cant she speak up den,lets kno if its true or cooked up storiees
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by MMM2(m): 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
re dere police in 9ja
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by Orblonde: 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nigerian justice is for those that afford it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed If your down the social/economic ladder, its almost impossible
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by dayokanu(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
Blazaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

WHere have you been?
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by BootyOnMe: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ogun a gbue!
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by mjconcept(m): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
I am kinda agree with the police cos i stumb upon one website that says "Up till now have you seen
the victim? Have you seen the
scene of crime? Have you seen
the suspects?" i know u guys are opening ur gorrila teeth cos it took place in igbo land stupid fork,bunch of imbeciles.
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by mitofag: 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Ogun a gbue!

Blazay, what happened to your blog?

You should make an amateur video Blazay, with DK. Like Ray J and Kim K

Are you daaaaaaan?
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by BootyOnMe: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2011
mitofag:

Blazay, what happened to your blog?

You should make an amateur video Blazay, with DK. Like Ray J and Kim K

Are you daaaaaaan?

Look at this thread 'derailer'!
Mu he he he he. . .'my ashawo blog' with 'Bimbo'? wink
You want 'Aigbofa' to tia her 'blokos' with jealousy? tongue
Gone with the wind! kiss
Sorry darling. . . Boring!
My runs are strictly offline. kiss
No more meeting with cyber riff-raffs and their harems of UGLY, deek-hungry, local, psycho biatchezz!
No need inspiring more "ABIA" or "EKITI" r-apists! cheesy

I am having the swell time of my life. . . keeping my old boyfriend happy.
You nor see as I dey shine? cool
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by baby4u2(f): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2011
where is this girl? I dont don't understand when women will start speaking up. I'm sure the woman is scared out of her head to even think of coming out not because the guys will be caught but shame. Shame instilled by society, all the judgmental people that will say it's her fault. The thought of the video alone hurts me and to see that this culprits will soon be long gone, doing it to other women is sickening.

This is not a cultural thing guys, it is a Nigerian thing, may God deliver us from evil. I believe the genesis of the story is the girl speaking out then we can go from there. Cause the way the system is, nothing is working. Technology no dey. Nigeria you will get there. cry
Re: Police Yet To Begin Investigation On ABSU Rape Case by tbanger(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2011
I am not an Igbo boy and I encourage inter-tribal marriage but it will take the grace of God to marry an Igbo lady I swear. Sometimes I wish they succeeded in 1967, Nigeria could have been better without them.

I am sorry about my comment that that's how I feel right now.

(1) (Reply)

Brother From Hell! Man Butchers Sister’s Son / PHOTO: Man Burnt To Death For Being Gay! / OFFA BANK ROBBERY: Pictures Of One Of The Robbers And Wife!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.