Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped (49897 Views)

7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Figger(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2023
The ones wey oyibo build for that same Lagos no go ever collapse, our quark engineers with cutting corners.

2 Likes

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2023
There is more to all these collapse building especially in Lagos. Is it the money that the owner(s) don't have , t carry out necessary test?am too sure the experts are working in the site and best of best materials are deployed to site and used. How come building collapse? There are reasons beyond ordinary. I won't say more than dis
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Saga16: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
SIRKAY98:
Everything is not engineer.He might hv told them the truth

Then he doesn't sign-off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by ComeToJesus: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
Until you start conducting soil tests before building, una never start..

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Sleekfingers: 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
Nigerians and olodo engineers
Nigerians and substandard materials
Nigerians and cutting corners

2 Likes

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wodu89:
Always perform all necessary tests before una build na. How can you buy lands billions per SQ meter and can't or rather refuse to conduct integrity tests at every level of your building.

Do people bother to ask about how integrity tests applies and matters to construction projects especially in high rising buildings at all?

If we say that as a society all buildings from certain heights must have integrity tests at every levels, are these tests not supposed to be scrutinized by the governing authorities from before and during building processes ?

And to think it's Banana island, written about on Wikipedia as the home to Nigeria's brightest minds and the cream of the society, yet in such quintessential issues fail woefully ?

How can Africa be ever redeemed how?

From the pictures, it's clear to see that it's yet again Chinese building technology.

I've always maintained that I don't trust modern Chinese architecture that focuses on material and cost reduction over safety concerns. No be me go stay for those buildings that looks like houses constructed over bamboo sticks

The collapse is appalling!

Look how a multistorey building turned to something resembling a heap of sand!

Are there any rebars in that building at all?
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by silibaba: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
DANGOTE CEMENT 5X STRONGER.
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Wodu89: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

The collapse is appalling!

Look how a multistorey building turned to something resembling a heap of sand!

Are there any rebars in that building at all?

Chinese architecture technology is mediocre. Americans aren't daft to incorporate heavy pillage in their building constructions

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Omogoddy: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Just look at the weight sitting on those so-called misplaced pillars.
You will know that know that ithe building /drawing plans where not professionally checked/ approved.
If checked and approved then the oga that gives approvals need to be questioned

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by billyG(m): 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
Just look at the small size ground floor pillars,same sizes. as the upper floors...but bearing load1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7
It is tantamount to a man of 60kg bearing 6persons of 60kg weight on his shoulder that 360kg load.eko I hail una ooo!

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by hakeem4(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
I saw the video and I wonder what really went wrong https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9MhD0J3wNTk
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by clockwisereport: 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by jaxxy(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
datola:
All these so called billionaires that cannot afford to build with quality materials.

They brag living in Banana Island but turning Nigeria to Banana Republic.

Not the billionaires bt the engineers or architect whoever is supervising the constructions. The investor or owner may have paid enough money bt they comprise the the building specifications.

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by babaalagbo11(m): 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
A swamp location that you filled by fire by force because you want to build,what are they expecting
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by mywells: 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
Why are they not posting Madrid Chelsea match.
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Segzy19: 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
More will still happen...
It's just a matter of ticking time bombs waiting for their time to go off....
Those time bombs (unsafe acts and conditions) have already been put in place....

Until we learn to do the right things....
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by clockwisereport: 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
Figger:
The ones wey oyibo build for that same Lagos no go ever collapse, our quack engineers with cutting corners.

Exactly. Arup dey build everyday but their buildings no fit collapse. Every welder, carpenter, Mason and Iron bender be engineer for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by clockwisereport: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
Sleekfingers:
Nigerians and olodo engineers
Nigerians and substandard materials
Nigerians and cutting corners

You have said it all

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Johans2023: 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2023
This effect of bribing agencies.
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by OdefaGirl(f): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wodu89:
Always perform all necessary tests before una build na. How can you buy lands billions per SQ meter and can't or rather refuse to conduct integrity tests at every level of your building.

Do people bother to ask about how integrity tests applies and matters to construction projects especially in high rising buildings at all?

If we say that as a society all buildings from certain heights must have integrity tests at every levels, are these tests not supposed to be scrutinized by the governing authorities from before and during building processes ?

And to think it's Banana island, written about on Wikipedia as the home to Nigeria's brightest minds and the cream of the society, yet in such quintessential issues fail woefully ?

From the pictures, it's clear to see that it's yet again Chinese building technology.

I've always maintained that I don't trust modern Chinese architecture that focuses on material and cost reduction over safety concerns. No be me go stay for those buildings that looks like houses constructed over bamboo sticks

Don't be in shock when you hear that those tests were carried out by "NIGERIAN" Authorities..... You know what most of them does when they see that legal tender
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by superCleanworks(m): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2023
CaptainFM1:
Na wa ooo! All these fake rainbowing and sand-fillings on the Island!
They are building high rise on soil that's not compact & stable.

see water see 7 storey.

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Omoapena(m): 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
AkanmuKehinde:
This may be due to unstable ground. They supposed not to erect up to such storeys in such environment.

Even if..., the type of foundation to be used supposed to be specially constructed.

The deeds has been done, but maybe for future purposes. Thanks.

May God deliver those that were trapped. Amen.

Have you been to banana island??

If you have, you will know that there's nothing like unstable ground....

Sujimoto has high rise buildings inside there that has been erected for over 5years and nothing like unstable ground affects it...
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Ashirioluwa: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
I hope no one is trapped in this mess. My prayers are for the safety of the workers on this site. The lives of construction workers are in danger due to stingy owners and greedy contractors.

Construction workers live matters

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by EmekaA125(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
Nawaooo.

I wish the trapped workers safe rescue.
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Menclothing: 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
Engineer will go jail
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Akindefunminiyi(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
Watch the video of the collapse below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-SYBshPgAY
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Emdebby2: 8:42pm On Apr 12, 2023
datola:
All these so called billionaires that cannot afford to build with quality materials.

They brag living in Banana Island but turning Nigeria to Banana Republic.
🤣🤣Lol..

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Emdebby2: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2023
Building dey collapse for banana island?
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by bayelsaowei(m): 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wodu89:

structural design gone wrong. Geotechnicals as well..

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by Nosagodsonworld: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
I'm Civil Engineering Technology graduate, I can't give you clearly what could b d caused of d building failure. Don't be surprised d project was controlled by non professional . There could b many causes, it could be due to poor structural design, load placing, soil bearing capacity, differential settlement, workers negligence, Non material test, poor method of construction, etc. However, everything still balls down to d construction company or Civil Engineer in charged. May God protect anyone who could be inside d rubble. Pls endeavor to go for a qualify Engineer not quacks when it comes to construction

2 Likes

Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by thaoriginator: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
Quack Engineer cheesy
Re: 7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped by sonofElElyon: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) / Latest Pictures Of Eko Atlantic International Commerce City, Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.