Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Gangs Of Lagos' Eyo Assasins - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gangs Of Lagos' Eyo Assasins (344 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gangs Of Lagos' Eyo Assasins by JohnNgene: 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
Fellow Nigerians, isn't it funny how the portrayal of the Eyo masquerades as assasins in a fictional Gangs of Lagos movie is generating controversy and receiving criticism from the Isale Eko Descendants Union, Vector and some other Lagosians?

I use that word "fictional" because we must not forget that fiction is "something that does not exist in real life". That means that the Isale Eko mentioned in the fictional Gangs of Lagos movie does not exist in real life. The Eyo masquerades shown in the fictional Gangs of Lagos movie do not exist in real life. Obalola, Nino, Kazeem, London, Ifeanyi and all the other characters in the fictional Gangs of Lagos movie do not exist in real life. They only exist inside that movie called Gangs of Lagos.

Then apart from the fact that fictional places, characters and masquerades in the movie should be regarded as nothing more than fiction, I think that the few people complaining may have missed a message from the Gods. At the beginning of the movie, a criminal disguised as an Eyo masquerade to assassinate somebody. At the end of the movie, that same criminal and his cabal were assassinated by other criminals disguised as Eyo masquerades.

Is the message from the Gods now clear for all to see or am I the only one who can see it?

The Gods of Lagos, Isale Eko and Yorùbáland are clearly warning that any mortal who dares desecrate the Eyo masquerade by using it to commit crimes, whether inside a fictional movie or in their own dreams, shall be punished no matter how long it takes.

Let me end by thanking the Gods for giving me the opportunity to feature in this Gangs of Lagos movie. Even if I die today, "John Ngene" shall live forever as one of the "Young Party Members" inside the first Nigerian original movie to launch on Amazon Prime Video.

+234 909 5000 603

Re: Gangs Of Lagos' Eyo Assasins by Shilavite17(m): 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: Gangs Of Lagos' Eyo Assasins by oloyedayo(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
Peoples religion should not be toiled with for no reason, some People take as their God, you dont joke with peoples god.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos' Eyo Assasins by youngsahito(m): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
Let them not take it personal, we have seen people wearing white gown in movies to rub banks. Enough if our hypocrisy. We won't talk
about our economy matters when it matters to us na to carry religion for head.

(1) (Reply)

BBNaija: List Of Season 8 Housemates All Stars (Video) / State Broadcaster China Central / Month Award As All Five September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.