Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) (55463 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / Drunk Man And His Girlfriend Were Unhurt After Killing About 6 People In Abuja / Lady Who Survived The Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by sammirano: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
God saved you bro, those saying otherwise will never be saved and regret it in hell. Thank God for your life
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by chiboycue: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
LongLife4all:
Dear all, please help me praise God for sparing my life, not because I am better than those who lost their lives.

You see, some things are better imagined than experienced and what happened on Tuesday is better left as imagination than reality. For the first time I saw something coming after my life but God proved that it was not yet my time to die.

Note: I may not be able to write much as I still haven't recovered from the shock, but I just want to share how God saved me. Also, am not a good writer, so dont expect the best.

The two links attached here reported the accident. You can check them and read on.

https://crossriverwatch.com/2023/04/6-die-in-cross-river-auto-crash-frsc/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/592848-frsc-confirms-6-dead-in-cross-river-road-accident.html

What happened is that the trailer was coming from Ikom side, going to Ogoja while the Sienna bus was coming from the Ogoja side to Ikom, heading to Calabar, in Cross River state.

As okada man, I was to carry a bag of cassava for someone and drop for the owner using that road.

So what happened is that I was on speed trying to climb the hill on that road. Then a sienna was climbing the hill too but a bit distance from me. That is, I was behind the Sienna from a distance. The trailer was coming down from the hill. What I would say is that the trailer failed brake and lost control too and rammed into the Sienna bus that was climbing the hill even though the bus driver tried to dodge it. I don't know how it is called in English that part of the road that has this natural deep pit from both sides of the road, that if a car by mistake leave the main road into the pit, the car will likely summersault many times before it will get to the bottom of the pit. I don't know how else to explain this better but it was that kind of place that the accident happened. So from what I can say is that, the truck driver was trying to avoid falling into the pit but wanted to control the vehicle till it will stop by itself on a flat land but unfortunately he rammed into the bus that was coming in front of it, dragged it down the hill as it was going till the flat land, killing the occupants. As the bus was been dragged down, I could hear the people in the bus shouting. A very terrible accident scene that nobody would wish to experience in life.

So as I saw the truck dragging the bus down on speed, closing up with me, and if my choice was to turn 360 and run, I would have been caught up in it. Instead, my mind quickly told me, to avoid being consume, drive into the pit, which I did, jumped out of the bike as it was going down the pit while I was also rolling down on my own, hitting myself from one tree to the other, and at the same time, trying to hold anything to stop myself, untill I was stop by a tree. I can't tell how the bike stopped by itself but it took the help of others to bring the bike out from the bottom of the pit.

Though I have wounded myself internally and physically, but is far better than those who unfortunately lost their dear lives. I believe God just wanted to give me another chance to live and testify His goodness.

The bike is seriously damaged and will require a lot to fix it. Same thing with my health. Still, i remain thankful to God for sparing my life even though for now, I'm in bad health condition and my source of survival which is the bike is gone too. He will restore all for me, amen.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

This is just Nairaland testimony, By the grace of God, once I can, I will do a proper one in church.

So brothers and sisters, help me thank God for sparing my life in the face of a fatal accident.

God bless you all and may you never die on road accident or experience it.

Congratulation for surviving the close encounter with death. It is the Lord's doing and it marvelous in our sight. May God who delivered you from the shadows of death heal you and locate you with your destiny helpers. No weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. You would live to fulfill your destiny

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Freksy(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
Burruchaga71:
You survived today does not mean that you won't die again.

Are you disappointed that he did not die in the accident?

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Tballack: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
I thank God for ur life,God is great

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by President2001(m): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
God is so wonderful
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Kokoboss: 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
Modifire:

Bro every sensible person knows death is imminent but no one wants a painful death. You should be happy for the gentle man not saying stuffs like that
I'm telling you. Sadist full here.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Franking: 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
Natural selection. While at Delta State University in the late 90's a guy who was a year my junior in the department broke his leg in an accident and while he was still walking with crutches had another accident that claimed his life.

Not every accident claims lives, not all accidents claims the lives of all involved. That's life for you. No God is involved.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by AkanmuKehinde(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God for life.

Everything happens for a purpose.

Now, you're a living sacrifice.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by digitalman2811(m): 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Does it mean God spared your life and allowed others to die.

In the book of Ecclesiastes, Solomon further wrote: “I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor.” Why? He explained: “Because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.”​—Ecclesiastes 9:11.

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by NaijaCover(m): 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
ThankGod That You Didn't Die ooooo
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
I thank the Lord for sparing your life. May the departed find peace ✌️
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Richwallet: 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
God save us.

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Bahamas95(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Some Nairalanders are very funny, they'll quote full epistle to drop just a sentence. grin
If you want someone's attention you must not quote his/her comment....Just type the moniker.

Example......@INEC

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by olamilekan9(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
yinkeys:
Nigeria & death trap roads
i swear,omo i everything about the country is wired to kill by one way or the other

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by theamazonguru(m): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
I thank God for your life.

By his mercy we have not been consumed. For his compassion faileth not.
Glory be to His Holy name.

I can relate.
I am a product of God's Grace and mercy too.

This same God rescued me from the arm of death last week.
I woke up to pee. Only for me to feel some weakness and then slumped in the bathroom.

I didn't know what happened as I lost awareness of my environment.
However I heard my wife shout Jesus, and from afar off I began to journey back to reality. Saw myself on the floor but still wasn't fully aware of what just happened to me. I came back to reality after some minutes.

I give thanks to this great God.

Only a fool says there is no God.
God exists and he really cares.

Come to Jesus today.

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by suckmedownthere(f): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
Franking:
Natural selection. While at Delta State University in the late 90's a guy who was a year my junior in the department broke his leg in an accident and while he was still walking with crutches had another accident that claimed his life.

Not every accident claims lives, not all accidents claims the lives of all involved. That's life for you. No God is involved.
I agree with you why should God be involved in the mistake or accident that happens, in one way or the other people will die, some of us or most of us have had countless times we have being involved in very dangerous situations but we got saved by smartness or reflex or any other ability....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Brendaniel: 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
Neverslumber:

And you had to quote the whole thing?

Sorry....
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Salemacad: 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2023
The lord be gracious unto you
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Adedapo57: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
LongLife4all:
Dear all, please help me praise God for sparing my life, not because I am better than those who lost their lives.

You see, some things are better imagined than experienced and what happened on Tuesday is better left as imagination than reality. For the first time I saw something coming after my life but God proved that it was not yet my time to die.
So sad and very heart breaking story.,,, Thank God for your life. I pray 🙏 never to experience any form of accident and including anyone reading this post
Note: I may not be able to write much as I still haven't recovered from the shock, but I just want to share how God saved me. Also, am not a good writer, so dont expect the best.

The two links attached here reported the accident. You can check them and read on.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/592848-frsc-confirms-6-dead-in-cross-river-road-accident.html

What happened is that the trailer was coming from Ikom side, going to Ogoja while the Sienna bus was coming from the Ogoja side to Ikom, heading to Calabar, in Cross River state.

As okada man, I was to carry a bag of cassava for someone and drop for the owner using that road.

So what happened is that I was on speed trying to climb the hill on that road. Then a sienna was climbing the hill too but a bit distance from me. That is, I was behind the Sienna from a distance. The trailer was coming down from the hill. What I would say is that the trailer failed brake and lost control too and rammed into the Sienna bus that was climbing the hill even though the bus driver tried to dodge it. I don't know how it is called in English that part of the road that has this natural deep pit from both sides of the road, that if a car by mistake leave the main road into the pit, the car will likely summersault many times before it will get to the bottom of the pit. I don't know how else to explain this better but it was that kind of place that the accident happened. So from what I can say is that, the truck driver was trying to avoid falling into the pit but wanted to control the vehicle till it will stop by itself on a flat land but unfortunately he rammed into the bus that was coming in front of it, dragged it down the hill as it was going till the flat land, killing the occupants. As the bus was been dragged down, I could hear the people in the bus shouting. A very terrible accident scene that nobody would wish to experience in life.

So as I saw the truck dragging the bus down on speed, closing up with me, and if my choice was to turn 360 and run, I would have been caught up in it. Instead, my mind quickly told me, to avoid being consume, drive into the pit, which I did, jumped out of the bike as it was going down the pit while I was also rolling down on my own, hitting myself from one tree to the other, and at the same time, trying to hold anything to stop myself, untill I was stop by a tree. I can't tell how the bike stopped by itself but it took the help of others to bring the bike out from the bottom of the pit.

Though I have wounded myself internally and physically, but is far better than those who unfortunately lost their dear lives. I believe God just wanted to give me another chance to live and testify His goodness.

The bike is seriously damaged and will require a lot to fix it. Same thing with my health. Still, i remain thankful to God for sparing my life even though for now, I'm in bad health condition and my source of survival which is the bike is gone too. He will restore all for me, amen.

This is just Nairaland testimony, By the grace of God, once I can, I will do a proper one in church.

So brothers and sisters, help me thank God for sparing my life in the face of a fatal accident.

So sad and very heart breaking story.,,, Thank God for your life. I pray 🙏 never to experience any form of accident and including anyone reading this post
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Semaj77(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Blessed be the name of the LORD who has given you the grace to see another day.

Blessed be the name of the Lord

Are you aware six people died in the same accident ?. So we bless him for saving one life and overlook the six that died , I wonder who has done this to us in Africa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by lildush(m): 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Burruchaga71:
You survived today does not mean that you won't die again.

I know this is a joke.. but it's totally uncalled for.. be guided please.dnt mention me cos I wunt read it☹️☹️☹️
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by amordi: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God for sparing your life.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Semaj77(m): 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2023
Clairvoyancy:

Be nice, it either you help him thank God or you let it slide

Be nice when six people are dead already , wasn't it God who killed them or prevented their death from happen ( pick whichever suits you )
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Semaj77(m): 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
Jnkay:
To God be the glory Bro! Wishing you long life and prosperity.

Yeah , to God be the glory for murdering six people

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by iTommysco: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
Modifire:

Bro every sensible person knows death is imminent but no one wants a painful death. You should be happy for the gentle man not saying stuffs like that

He's a madman so ungrateful and heartless
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by shantti(m): 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
We give God the glory

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by DevilSignature: 8:48pm On Apr 13, 2023
LongLife4all:

Sure. I just said it is not yet my time to die.

Sure bro, I thank God for ur life don't mind this idiot below

Burruchaga71
You survived today does not mean that you won't die again
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by fmonigent(m): 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
LongLife4all:

To God be all the glory in Jesus's name, amen.

To God be all the glory in Jesus's name, amen.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2023
This reeks of all foul smelling testimony, this has a bad taste in my mouth and am sure is not only me that feels the same, if this is how testimony is written and celebrated to hell with ur testimony! This is not a testimony of life, With what u wrote here, @ S. e.u.n should pull down the post, as is garnering negative reactions,
with d way u wrote but that's s eun for u, no se**e at all, I mean even d most wicked and heartless human being won't put this on FP, I for one won't ! Until u either adjust ur writeup to reflect your sympathy for life lost or ur post goes into the recycle ♻️ bin where other rubbish 🗑 like u wrote belong

Signing petitions change.org

LIKE FOR THE POST TO BE TAKEN DOWN FOR ITS NEGATIVE REACTIONS AND POOR EXPRESSION OF SELF

SHARE FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN ( IF THE POST SHOULD REMAIN AND NOT BE THROWN INTO THE THRASH WHERE IT RIGHTLY BELONGS)

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by clockwisereport: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God for you bro. You will live to reap the fruit of your labour. Untimely death will not see is IJN. Amen
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
Semaj77:

Blessed be the name of the Lord

Are you aware six people died in the same accident ?. So we bless him for saving one life and overlook the six that died , I wonder who has done this to us in Africa

JESUS CHRIST said,
“Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
— Matthew 6:34 (KJV)

If GOD gives you the grace to see another day, thank Him for it because, it's not everyone that will receive such grace.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by fmonigent(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2023
Heathrow44:
This reeks of all bitterness, this is not a testimony of life, With what u wrote here, @ S. e.u.n should pull down the post, as is garnering negative reactions,
with d way u wrote but that's s eun for u, no se**e at all, I mean even d most wicked and heartless human being won't put this on FP, I for one won't ! Until u either adjust ur writeup to reflect your sympathy for life lost or ur post goes into the recycle ♻️ bin where other rubbish 🗑 like u wrote belong

Be like say you smoke craze abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? / This Train Passes Directly Through A 19 Storey Residential Building In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.