Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,390 members, 7,812,151 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Government Contract Taxes...explain - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Government Contract Taxes...explain (214 Views)

W2 Finder - The Best Way To Get Your Taxes Done / Shpay. Please Who Has Ever Encountered This People Should Explain To Me If They / Win The Federal Government Contract Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Contract Taxes...explain by Timberwolves(m): 12:04am On Apr 14, 2023
Hello everyone, I know there are taxes accompanied by federal government contracts awarded to companies.....can someone enlighten me more on these taxes as per construction and purchase contracts are concerned.....what are the taxes am I as a contractor expected to pay n which of the taxes are being paid automatically before the contract award from the contract lump sum n under what condition is that ?

Thank you
Re: Government Contract Taxes...explain by Buharidgeneral: 3:34am On Apr 14, 2023
1 percent stamp duty
5 or 10 percent whitholdiing tax as applicable
7'5 percent VAT
5 percent retention fee

All these are deducted from the source .
However wiitholding tax is recovrable and can be used to off set your tav liability while 5 percent retention fee would be paid back to you if there's no defect in the execution of the contract after 6 month or a year of the contract .
Congratulations on your new contract .
Endeavour to patronize us for your audit and filling of annual returns.
Blessed day
Congratulations
Re: Government Contract Taxes...explain by Timberwolves(m): 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2023
Buharidgeneral:
1 percent stamp duty
5 or 10 percent whitholdiing tax as applicable
7'5 percent VAT
5 percent retention fee

All these are deducted from the source .
However wiitholding tax is recovrable and can be used to off set your tav liability while 5 percent retention fee would be paid back to you if there's no defect in the execution of the contract after 6 month or a year of the contract .
Congratulations on your new contract .
Endeavour to patronize us for your audit and filling of annual returns.
Blessed day
Congratulations

Thank you brother for the vivid explanation, that's what I've been looking for

But is there any contract categories that are exempted from paying VAT... I'm hearing things like that, wanna be sure

1 Like

Re: Government Contract Taxes...explain by Buharidgeneral: 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Timberwolves:

Thank you brother for the vivid explanation, that's what I've been looking for

But is there any contract categories that are exempted from paying VAT... I'm hearing things like that, wanna be sure

I doubt if any except agricultural produce
Re: Government Contract Taxes...explain by Timberwolves(m): 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2023
Buharidgeneral:

I doubt if any except agricultural produce

Ok thanks, you gave me some clarity, really appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uba Mobile App Please / Side Hustle / Why Does Naira Keep Depreciating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.