Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake (2011 Views)

First Bank Appoints 5 New Directors As Otedola Takes Over / Tony Elumelu With Ivanka Trump At The White House (Pictured) / Statoil Loses 5% Stake In Agbami Oilfield, To Pay Chevron $1.1bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by FreeStuffsNG: 2:38am On Apr 14, 2023
Femi Otedola takes Transcorp from Elumelu with acquisition of 5.5% stake

CHUKWUEMEKA AYOMIDE • APRIL 13, 2023

Femi Otedola, a billionaire businessman, has become Transnational Corporation (Transcorp) Plc’s largest individual shareholder after purchasing 5.5 per cent of the company’s shares.

This makes him the only individual shareholder with the largest share and Transcorp’s second-largest shareholder behind Tony Elumelu’s United Bank for Africa, which holds a 9.25 per cent stake in the company.

A top stockbroker at the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX) told Thisday newspaper that the billionaire now owns roughly 2.245 billion (5.52%) of the company’s shares.

According to reports, the deal was brokered by a company owned by Mr Otedola and Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).

Transcorp’s most recent audited filings revealed that as of December 2022, UBA Nominees owned around 9.25 per cent of the business, making it the only other stakeholder with a stake more than 5 per cent.

“As of December 31, 2022, only UBA Nominees Limited-Trading, held 5 per cent or more of the issued and fully paid shares of 50 Kobo of the company,” Transcorp said in its latest financial statement.

The diversified conglomerate’s 273,104,041 issued share capital was owned by Mr Elumelu, chairman of Transcorp Corporation, according to the audited result and accounts for the period ended December 31, 2022.

Additionally, he held 273,545,722 shares through Heirs Holdings Limited and 293,983,193 shares through HH Capital Limited.

Stanley Lawson, a non-executive director of Transcorp Corporation, held 12,634,188 shares of the multinational company while Mrs Owen Omogiafo, the president, held 122,790,102 direct issued shares.

Mr Elumelu presently owns Transcorp and took over management of the business in 2012. Since then, the business has acquired a power generation firm and expanded into the oil and gas industry.

Transcorp controls subsidiaries like Transcorp Hotels, Transcorp Power, and Transcorp Energy. These entities also have businesses under their care.

The latest acquisition adds to Mr Otedola’s recently acquired share in FBN Holdings and Geregu Power Plc.
https://gazettengr.com/femi-otedola-takes-transcorp-from-elumelu-with-acquisition-of-5-5-stake/

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by FreeStuffsNG: 2:39am On Apr 14, 2023
The diversified conglomerate’s 273,104,041 issued share capital was owned by Mr Elumelu, chairman of Transcorp Corporation, according to the audited result and accounts for the period ended December 31, 2022.

For more than 10 years, TOE could have bought more Transcorp shares.

I am surprised at how little his shares are in a company with almost 40 billion free float where he is the Chairman since 2012. Haba!

Having more shares in your own company is the best proof that you have a skin in the game

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Chicagoesontop: 3:01am On Apr 14, 2023
Money speaking .
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by VenExchangee: 3:02am On Apr 14, 2023
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Clairvoyancy: 3:35am On Apr 14, 2023
The rich keeps getting richer and the poor getting more poorer
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by havisenkqa: 3:52am On Apr 14, 2023
Big men doings

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by vastolord4(m): 4:39am On Apr 14, 2023
Friendly competition is always done among the rich but competition among the average/poor people is called witching and backbiting.. even if you don't compete, they'll compete with you.. carefully select your friends cos this our black people are quite funny

7 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Freshtruth(m): 4:46am On Apr 14, 2023
This Otedola is into rituals ist NEPA? A shares in Dangonte petroleum company now this
One thing is for your father to have money second is for you to allow you spend is money. Otedola God bless u sir. As for my Father God bless u too but I wish u were not wealthy maybe my life would have been better. My Father wealth killed my Destiny

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by JAMO84: 5:25am On Apr 14, 2023
Like my father would say: Owo lafin wa owo, you use money to get more money

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Princeton92(m): 5:26am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:
This Otedola is into rituals ist NEPA? A shares in Dangonte petroleum company now this
One thing is for your father to have money second is for you to allow you spend is money. Otedola God bless u sir. As for my Father God bless u too but I wish u were not wealthy maybe my life would have been better

Share the money reach my side na make I use do business 😃
But I'm sha confused how's your dad's wealth affecting your life not being better? 🤔
Y'all lucky you had a man that was there for y'all to call a father
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Freshtruth(m): 6:00am On Apr 14, 2023
Princeton92:

Share the money reach my side na make I use do business 😃
But I'm sha confused how's your dad's wealth affecting your life not being better? 🤔
Y'all lucky you had a man that was there for y'all to call a father
you no go understand bro I started working for d ist time in my life at 30yrs he pain me say I no start to hustle earlier he pain me say I no play football that has always be my passion in my life. Na now I dey experience life bro if there is another life I don't want to have such a man as a father. O wish I was stubborn like Davido I will always respect him some parents are Destiny killers God forbid. If you have a Father who shout a lot my guy I advise u run from him

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by alanto: 6:03am On Apr 14, 2023
No noise... Just another day, another achievement.
But if na Elumelu took over a company from Otedola. Na today una for know say there's already a #20b provision for every ibo man...
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by clockwisereport: 6:11am On Apr 14, 2023
Men nwere cash
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Trapnews: 6:18am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:
you no go understand bro I started working for d ist time in my life at 30yrs he pain me say I no start to hustle earlier he pain me say I no play football that has always be my passion in my life. Na now I dey experience life bro if there is another life I don't want to have such a man as a father. O wish I was stubborn like Davido I will always respect him some parents are Destiny killers God forbid. If you have a Father who shout a lot my guy I advise u run from him
Another spoilt brat, congratulations you rediscovered yourself. Money nor be everything. Welcome to the real world, na we be the real nuggets grin
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Freshtruth(m): 6:33am On Apr 14, 2023
Trapnews:

Another spoilt brat, congratulations you rediscovered yourself. Money nor be everything. Welcome to the real world, na we be the real nuggets grin
if na spoiled self e no good I nor kW life at all na so so yes sir I dey do for my juniors
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:38am On Apr 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Femi Otedola takes Transcorp from Elumelu with acquisition of 5.5% stake

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by nedu666: 6:38am On Apr 14, 2023
I pity those who will rush to buy transcorp shares because of this. Odetola did same at fbn, bought so many shares, almost bcame largest shareholder, only to sell most of it when price rose by 50%. Now transcorp a company whose ipo was 10 naira, marketed as Nigeria answer to south Korea conglomerate, only to fall below 1 naira and remain so for many years. Today unsuspecting investors hve lost billions of naira. Tomorrow when price rises by 50%, don't be surprised to see odetola sell off his shares and cash out profit leaving uninformed and not no wise investors with a partially dead company

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by nedu666: 6:39am On Apr 14, 2023
[quote author= post=122503068][/quote]

He owns over 5% but the motive behind it is only know to him. Investors beware

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://gazettengr.com/femi-otedola-takes-transcorp-from-elumelu-with-acquisition-of-5-5-stake/

Heir holding own by Elumelu own his shares in trascorp, UBA bank through Elumelu again own 9.25% in Trascorp

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2023
nedu666:

He owns over 5% but the motive behind it is only know to him. Investors beware
He will not be the highest shareholder, Elumelu through Heir holding and UBA control the largest shares

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by FiremanX: 6:50am On Apr 14, 2023
vastolord4:
Friendly competition is always done among the rich but competition among the average/poor people is called witching and backbiting.. even if you don't compete, they'll compete with you.. carefully select your friends cos this our black people are quite funny
Poor people will always be poor people, always primitive and backward
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Rahkman: 7:01am On Apr 14, 2023
Everything na tribal war you think those two business men send una papa?
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by FairlyUSEDpussy: 7:03am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:

Oga mi bless me dis morning I pray u.....
Mum poor.....
Dad poor......
A graduate earning peanut to feed nah die....
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by EraseTheDot: 7:18am On Apr 14, 2023
post=122503155:

Heir holding own by Elumelu own his shares in trascorp, UBA bank through Elumelu again own 9.25% in Trascorp
You're stuck behind, there's a new ownership structures. Otedola is gradually crawling back into Africa's top10 richest, his divestment are returning big at least in the next two years.

-erase the dot

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Princeton92(m): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:

You're actually going through same thing I'm going through but I feel somewhat way yours way better cause you've got what many want maybe, I dunno... Me dey regret for here I'm not where I wanna be and haven't even done quarter of what I'd planned.
Such is life see me na I never marry, I never build house, I still dey struggle with my salary wey no fit move mountain
undecided cry cry
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by SocialJustice: 8:00am On Apr 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

For more than 10 years, TOE could have bought more Transcorp shares.

I am surprised at how little his shares are in a company with almost 40 billion free float where he is the Chairman since 2012. Haba!

Having more shares in your own company is the best proof that you have a skin in the game
Elumelu sits as the Chairman of Heirs holdings from where he controls transcorp group, UBA group and Tenoil.

His strategy is rock solid.
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Freshtruth(m): 8:20am On Apr 14, 2023
Princeton92:

You're actually going through same thing I'm going through but I feel somewhat way yours way better cause you've got what many want maybe, I dunno... Me dey regret for here I'm not where I wanna be and haven't even done quarter of what I'd planned.
Such is life see me na I never marry, I never build house, I still dey struggle with my salary wey no fit move mountain
undecided cry cry
I understand bro am not enjoying any shit my Dad has 2 hotels he never want me to work in his hotel with him so I have to look for job 45k per month and I think am better now. My papa hands no clean my mum currently has cancer which is not in her leanage
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Kobicove(m): 10:33am On Apr 14, 2023
vastolord4:

grin
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by FreeStuffsNG: 10:57am On Apr 14, 2023
SocialJustice:
Elumelu sits as the Chairman of Heirs holdings from where he controls transcorp group, UBA group and Tenoil.

His strategy is rock solid.
Even Heirs has a paltry amount of shares of around 200m out of over 40 billion. The largest individual shareholder is now Femi
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Brownshoe: 11:00am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:
I understand bro am not enjoying any shit my Dad has 2 hotels he never want me to work in his hotel with him so I have to look for job 45k per month and I think am better now. My papa hands no clean my mum currently has cancer which is not in her leanage
guy look else where your papa no get money jor, we talking of otedola and elumelu, u carry your papa matter join, mtcheww.
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by SocialJustice: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Even Heirs has a paltry amount of shares of around 200m out of over 40 billion. The largest individual shareholder is now Femi
Please stick to the point. His strategy is diversification and it is well implemented.
Re: Femi Otedola Takes Transcorp From Elumelu With Acquisition Of 5.5% Stake by Princeton92(m): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2023
Freshtruth:

Ahhhh, that's bleeped up man.... Stay strong gee
I get your point

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nepa/phcn Website / Paypal Closing Soon? / I Need Sample Of Gym Proposal:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.