Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Paypal Closing Soon? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypal Closing Soon? (2013 Views)

Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal Closing Soon? by BoostWealt: 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2009
I received a call today from someone in the USA telling me that Paypal is closing soon. The reason he gave is that the activity of hackers have seriously weighed the company down in the midst of the global economic meltdown. I couldn't believe this because Paypal is used by almost every American and the people of the world at large. On the second thought, I remembered what happened to Egold.
I have written to Paypal to clarify this, but if any nairalander can give first hand information on this, please share it here. My business of paypal account opening and verification will be at stake if this happens!
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by mrperfect(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
Paypal don't accept Nigeria, thus i don't think they are anyway important to Nigeria if the close or not.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by lagoshost(m): 11:39pm On Dec 11, 2009
Paypal can't close like that. They have what it takes to remain in business.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by BoostWealt: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2009
Mr perfect, it is true that they don't accept Nigerians but the fact remains that Nigerians always have ways of penetrating difficulties. Paypal account opening and verification has been made possible with the use of IP changer softwares, real foreign addresses for the account opening and credit cards for Paypal verification.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by BoostWealt: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2009
Lagoshost, I know that very well. Paypal has gone worldwide and most Americans are using it. They really have what it takes to remain in business, but don't forget that Paypal accounts are being hacked by fraudsters on daily basis. Do you think this won't affect them?
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by donaldjeo: 10:42am On Dec 12, 2009
Ohh, so what the members do, they have paypal account,
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by mrperfect(m): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2009
BoostWealt:

Mr perfect, it is true that they don't accept Nigerians but the fact remains that Nigerians always have ways of penetrating difficulties. Paypal account opening and verification has been made possible with the use of IP changer softwares, real foreign addresses for the account opening and credit cards for Paypal verification.
Why this excise when there is alternatives out there?
For long time business Nigeria don't need them.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2009
Yes Nigerians need them because they are denying a lot of us from having access to their services.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by BoostWealt: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2009
All other alternatives that perform the same function as Paypal cannot be compared to Paypal. Paypal offer the most reliable service when it comes to online transaction, and thats why people prefer them.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by buchcares1: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2009
For all i care, if this rumor turn out to be true; then millions of people worldwide are in trouble.
Paypal is the "world bank" of the internet. If you are a serious online marketer and you don't
have a paypal account, it will be difficult to transact business online.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by BoostWealt: 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2009
buchcares, thats very true. no doubt about that.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by lagoshost(m): 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2009
Lagoshost, I know that very well. Paypal has gone worldwide and most Americans are using it. They really have what it takes to remain in business, but don't forget that Paypal accounts are being hacked by fraudsters on daily basis. Do you think this won't affect them?

You see there some companies that have come to say and I respect them very well. VISA, MasterCard, Paypal etc. It will take something more than human to pull them down.

Well lets pray they remain strong as I need them for my www.lagoshost.com and other online business I do.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by kason121(m): 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
All depend on the kind of business you are into but intead of taking such PayPal risk why not try this
http://kasonud-freeonlinemonybunus..com
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by blogprofit: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2009
Guys!

I don't know who is shareing this news with you. Since most of Niegerian have Paypal accout I believ that those that use it have not recieved any massage from apypal indicating that they are closing soon. What sort of informations is that.

A lot of people apart from Americans are using paypal. So all this people will have recieve information from paypal for such news.

If you want to get the first hand news I will say you should ask top internet marketers out there and they will help you out instead of depending blind informations.

Guy clear your eyes. Ok!
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by ADUNOKIKI(f): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2009
Please how can i have a paypal account.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by mrperfect(m): 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
ADUNOKIKI:

Please how can i have a paypal account.
As a Nigeria or jamica?
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by starpage7: 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
Whether or not hackers hack paypal, they will still remain in business. If a company like paypal fall, it will be due to poor management and not hackers, yes hacking affects them but the demand for their services is still very much intack. So chill.

get verified no matter what your name, or where you live.
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by wealthlift(m): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
Why should you guys mind a baseless rumor.

Why didn't the poster append a referrence.

I think PayPal should sue this guy if they see him,
Re: Paypal Closing Soon? by wealthlift(m): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2009
Why should you guys mind a baseless rumor.

Why didn't the poster append a referrence.

I think PayPal should sue this guy if they see him,

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Kind Of Business Can I Start With One Million Naira / What Is The Problem With Traditional Education? / Some Unique Business Ideas That Can Wow You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.