Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,542 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:21 PM

Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! (35882 Views)

Dasuki: Buhari Never Ordered Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints / Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State / Military Checkpoints Return In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by Lolladey(f): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
true talk, but please when u meet a policeman with tinted eyes just dont bother arguing cos its better to be late late than never.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by breathless(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2009
What are the documents asked for by FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, COUNCIL TOUTS, CUSTOMS etc?
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by kaiki: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2009
my people how are we today this topic is an eye openner to those that does not know it very well ( including the documents and how the police used to do their things on the road side) the police are rough and trouble shooters, i have them in my family, please be careful with them, brother and sister.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by jamace(m): 4:32am On Dec 04, 2009
Poster, please remind our political office holders that they swore with the Bible or the Koran to rule us well, but are ruining the country due to bad governance.

1 Like

Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by stede(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
before they ask for #20.00 but now their level don change, they now ask for #50.00
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by vickbrand: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2009
WHAT DO YOU CALL A MAN WHO DEMANDS MONEY FROM YOU WITH A GUN IN HIS HAND AND THREATENES TO SHOOT YOU IF YOU DON'T GIVE HIM, AN ARMED ROBBER. I WISH ARMED ROBBERS CAN IDENTIFY THEMSELVES SO THAT WE CAN GIVE THEM THE JOB OF THE POLICE. SINCE THE POLICE HAS CHANGED THEIR OWN JOB DESCIPTION. GO TO JOKES SECTION AND LOOK AT THE DIFFERNT POLICE OF THE WORLD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by axeman85(m): 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2009
@theviper

na church mind i take do wetin i do that day ooo. but to be honest o fear for inside oo.
nigeria has actually changed seriously because 6yrs ago before i left nigeria, i was in the army and then i dey blow pass 1way anyhow i dey even slap policemen back in the days then if them misbehave but now things don change with all these accidental discharge. lol. and mistaken identity. i no dey try am again ooo. also una no gree give me wife oooo. my would have been father inlaw no agree make i marry him pickin. but nevertheless you still be my brother anytime anyday. and i never forget i owe u a drink. lol. av good weekend.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by dwonder(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2009
I just got stopped by a Policeman:

Guess what he asked for: my particulars and I gave him my Proof of ownership, Insurance and my driver's license.

He checked and asked for Roadworthiness: I bluntly told him he has no right to ask for it. As usual he started to rake I just kept my cool and told him he has no right to ask me for that.

He said he would stop a private car that has to show me and he took my papers and left. I feigned anger @ the fact that he wants to waste my time.

I just got out of the car left my car on the road and went straight to him. The guy fear small and asked if I wanted to slap him.

That caught the attention of his oga and after he explained what happened to his oga the oga asked me for my roadworthiness. I just told him that he should take the car to the station I will tell the company lawyer to come and take it.

They just started to use style to pacify me and said the government introduced road worthiness about 3months ago blah blah blah.

I stood my ground and the policeman that has my papers was just looking like a mumu.

When we finished arguing the oga shook me and praised me standing up for my right.

Bottom line make sure you are confident when talking to any policeman. Don't abuse him just let him know you  know what he his talking about and you are ready to go to the station and if necessary to court. Use style check his number and call his name out. If he his wrong and he knows it he will jell.

Mind you I ain't talking about when police check your boot come find plenty money ooooo. That's a different ball game.

For those posters who talk about giving policeman money when he asks for your papers I'll just like to tell you that you are the problem a typical policeman has.

In my several interactions with policemen off duty they are aware of our mentality as a people and they capitalize on that. 75% of road users in Nigeria are not aware of what a policeman should ask for. When he asks for a paper he knows you will no have that is an avenue for him to extort you. Know what you are expected to have and you won't have to grease any palm or beg anyone.

They are out to generate revenue from unsuspecting road users, it is your choice if you fall victim. Don't say you don't know ooooo
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by Bobby4u(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
Normal slogan, Police is your friend, but reverse is the case, because I have had so many bad encounter with them and I won`t advice you to even argue with them except you have a godfather somewhere, because these people are aimals, for example if an armed robber went and steal a car and the so called police stop the robber at the check point, so once he bribe them with 100 naira he will have his way, so what are we talking about here,

Some people are talking about human right yeah we have it but only in the book to read, our human right is dead since the death of Awolowo.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by nich(m): 8:05am On Dec 08, 2009
Bobby4u:

Normal slogan: Police is your friend, but reverse is the case .  .  .

grin  'ya right!

but seriously, i believe (hope actually) that there's @ least one person here who's seriously dreaming about providing solutions for the next generation of policemen just like we have great minds doing awesome stuff in the I.T industry.

let's be true to our calling! that's the least we owe humanity while we still have the breathe of life.  smiley
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by MAligbe(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2009
Christmas is here again. We know they will be all over checking and smelling for tokunbo cars. I feel for those that will travelling by road. After dealling with the bad roads they will meet illegal check points on practically every other pole!!!
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by halfcurren: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2009
@poster

i checked the website http://www.nigeriapolice.org/ and noticed the information is no longer there; am sure they realize it was a mistake for them to have it there in the first place. is this not a clear evidence that the police, under the leadership of Inspector general Onovo is not willing to be transparent. the NPF have always been corrupt, they are corrupt and they will continue to be corrupt. may God have mercy on them.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by BIGPEACE(m): 10:41pm On Feb 14, 2010
i got stopped one night on a boarded motor cycle. the police man after asking for my identity which i provided, demanded to know what i was carrying in my sling bag and i told him my phones. guess what happened next? he demanded for the reciepts of all 4 phones. can you imargine? even police men themselves dont carry these documents along? is it also impossible for a police man to steal? please help me with this.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by yemivictor: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
ruemu: thanks for the info, IN ADDITION TO THE DRIVERS LICENSE AND THE INSURANCE , I ADVICE U HAVE A PRINTOUT FROM THE WEBSITE. AM PRINTING MINE NOW. grin

Bros, I just checked their website and couldn't find that print out. Can u pls help out with a copy?

1 Like

Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by Ehix41: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
yemivictor: could u pls send a copy of the police memo regarding the vehicle document to present to the police at check point.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by torik77(m): 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
yemivictor:

Bros, I just checked their website and couldn't find that print out. Can u pls help out with a copy?
bro, since the document isn't available online anymore, I wonder if I can upload a scanned copy of urs.
Re: Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! by ahaika23: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
torik77:
bro, since the document isn't available online anymore, I wonder if I can upload a scanned copy of urs.
not on their website anymore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu: I Am The Only One In The 2023 Presidential Race / I Acted In Love For The Common Good- Pat Utomi / President Buhari’s Next Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.