Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,365 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) (696 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Reacts To Lagos Government's Criticism Of “Gangs Of Lagos” / David Hundeyin: Tinubu Has Links To Street Gangs And Drug Cartels / The Real Reason Lagos Banned Okada/ Keke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by DesChyko: 7:09am On Apr 15, 2023
It would be recalled that on Wednesday, 12th of April, Lagos State Government released a statement titled 'LASG FROWNS AT CULTURAL MISREPRESENTATION BY PROMOTERS OF “GANGS OF LAGOS” FILM/SERIES'

On a general note, the movie is a misrepresentation of some Yoruba cultural heritage and that is largely one of the unpolluted facets of Nigeria we still have left as a people. Such actions is wholly condemned. However, when LASG takes its time to weigh into an issue like this, one must take two steps back and really examine the matter; if LASG is concerned with the same thing the average citizens are concerned about.

On a closer examination, the movie exposes a lot of what is wrong with the governance in Lagos like (but not limited to) godfatherism, deep-rooted corruption, enslaving and weaponising the dregs of the society, politicizing traditional heritage, and in very clear terms too. Something like this puts LASG in bad light, even though it is the truth. Things like this becoming more of public knowledge is a greater concern for the government than 'cultural misrepresentation'. Art is a way of preserving history for the next generation and I'm certain the powers that be would not like this to be associated with them across generations.

See an example of such exposing scenes in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhCF4RD1pM

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by Oloki: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2023
The film was done by their daughter. So last last, they will settle.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by Kudman: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2023
I see
Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by maestroferddi: 7:33am On Apr 15, 2023
amend to rephrase as " weaponizing the dregs of society"...

We know that a raw nerve was touched by the movie leading to ludicrous misgivings by the funny people....

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by sonature1: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2023
I must commend the Druggie for having the balls and machinations to keep the entire state hostage and using ethnicity to enslave them further whenever they are on the verge of breaking the shackles of captivity.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by JASONjnr(m): 7:45am On Apr 15, 2023
Infact, I was thinking the movie was all about Tinubu who uses thugs to continue ruling the people by force.

Why is politics so dirty in the West? Why do they play politics with so much thuggery and care less about human lives?

Th3 same people singing all manner of praise songs to Tinubu knows how terrible he's to the plight of the ordinary Lagosians and the over taxation of the people....

I'm always surprised that Northerners will love money more than the suppose Igbo people.....

Anyway, it's the same politics in the North, just that in the North, they solidified it with the religion!

A certain individual will be so rich that in his LGA, he's the only one rich enough to build mosque and boreholes for the people and will be feeding all the people coming to his house on a daily.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by DesChyko: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2023
maestroferddi:
amend to rephrase as " weaponizing the dregs of society"...

We know that a raw nerve was touched by the movie leading to ludicrous misgivings by the funny people....

Thank you for such masterful observation.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by 40Bullets: 8:08am On Apr 15, 2023
If LASG isn't careful, they'd help make this movie more popular.

Some who weren't interested would now want to see it.
Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by Jostoman: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2023
40Bullets:

i am now eager to watch the movie.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by Jostoman: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2023
I cant wait to watch the Gangs of Lagos Movie.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reason Lagos State Government Is Against Gangs Of Lagos Movie (video) by Mamaafrik1(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2023
40Bullets:

like I said when burna boy's Monsters you made was released then and after by four months it lead to end SARS protest this film is going to cause a lot of Awakening about what really happens in the inner side of Lagos .About what the likes of tinubu the drug lords the àgbéro lord and many things what they are doing and how they perpetuate their evil how it is being done this film is going to expose it and that's the reason why they are kicking against.
I once told one of my friend that if they are not very careful film it will wake a lot of sleeping dogs sleeping youth and many will be rolled into action it's may sprout or spiral into fight and Rebellion in lagos

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Prof Wole Soyinka / PDP & LP Must Stop The Blackmail Against The Judiciary - Bayo Onanuga / Breaking: Chief Pastor Reuben Said Tinubu Will........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.