Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Share Your Experience With Phone Theft - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Experience With Phone Theft (439 Views)

Police Arrest Five Women For Stripping Lady Naked Over Allegation Of Phone Theft / Three Men Arrested For Beating 23-year-old To Death Over Phone Theft In Ogun / Soldiers Accused Of Phone Theft, Prevented From Fleeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Phone Theft by Meddymeddy: 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
Mine goes like this......

I visited my friend around 8pm in the evening. When I reached his house the were observing prayers and becos of fasting the prayers took longer than expected. So I now decide to sit on a culvet and then I brought my phone and started playing game. I was carried away with the game and the screen light didn't let me see things cos it was dark.

Suddenly like a flash someone snatch my phone. At first I thought it was a joke like maybe someone who knew me was the person that snatch it. But no , it was a guy on a ladies bike and it was only him on the bike. He came close to me and snatch the phone with one hand while riding with the other hand. Immediately he snatch the phone he took off and I gave him a Chase while shouting "barawo barawo" until I couldn't see him any longer. The area was a quiet area so there were no passerby around. I think those thief target such area in order no to get caught. So immediately after the incident I went straight to the person I brought the phone from and Lodge a complain and also the next day I went to various flashing and unlocking shops to report.
So I now called the person that sold the phone for me to know if I can get a small phone and he said I should come. He said after breaking of fast I should me him at his phone stand. When I reached there I asked for him and they told me he just went out but he is coming back so I now decided to wait. While I was waiting I now so my phone with a guy and he was giving it to another guy. So I kept chill till the other guy went and enter a shop. That's when I confronted him and told him that this is my phone. The thief did not change the rubber case which made it easy for me to identify the phone. Lucky enough the chairman of the phone market was there and he immediately took the case from there. To cut the story short my phone is back and I'm typing with it now. The chairman begged me to allow him handle the case.

Losing a phone causes serious thruma especially if you don't have the capacity to buy another one immediately. I thank God for this, it just feel like a movie

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Phone Theft by Exmilitant(m): 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2023
Children of nowadays!

Anywhere una dey, na to dey press phone without minding your environment.

You are lucky.

recently, i was in an overloaded bus and one guy started fingering his phone, when he touch his screen he would look right, left and center to see if anyone was peeping, the guy didn't know i had already scan his moniker.

He is a popular nairalander!

I wonder why anyone would feel so comfortable operating their phone anywhere they find themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Phone Theft by TOTOnigga: 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2023
Why do I smell lies?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Phone Theft by Etosha: 7:22am On Apr 16, 2023
I went for night reading in Main Camp (Unical), at about 3a.m I dozed off. I carelessly placed my two phones (Nokia 1600 and one other) on my desk. A Law student whom you may know by the name Mfon picked up the phones.
I retrieved my line few days later. One Sunday afternoon, a man called me and swore to deal with me if don't stop calling his fiancee named Esther. I was chocked and asked who Esther was. He called me a liar and threatened to come over to Calabar and manhandle me...he said my name is Mfon and that I have been calling Esther with this line.
All my plead to make him understand that the idiotic Law student stole my phones and has been using it to make calls fell on deaf ears. Mfon not only exhausted my airtime but also borrowed heavily... I had to pay off the loaned airtime.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Phone Theft by Meddymeddy: 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
Etosha:
I went for night reading in Main Camp (Unical), at about 3a.m I dozed off. I carelessly placed my two phones (Nokia 1600 and one other) on my desk. A Law student whom you may know by the name Mfon picked up the phones.
I retrieved my line few days later. One Sunday afternoon, a man called me and swore to deal with me if don't stop calling his fiancee named Esther. I was chocked and asked who Esther was. He called me a liar and threatened to come over to Calabar and manhandle me...he said my name is Mfon and that I have been calling Esther with this line.
All my plead to make him understand that the idiotic Law student stole my phones and has been using it to make calls fell on deaf ears. Mfon not only exhausted my airtime but also borrowed heavily... I had pay off the loaned credit .

Thief get mind I swear
Re: Share Your Experience With Phone Theft by Meddymeddy: 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2023
Exmilitant:
Children of nowadays!

Anywhere una dey, na to dey press phone without minding your environment.

You are lucky.

recently, i was in an overloaded bus and one guy started fingering his phone, when he touch his screen he would look right, left and center to see if anyone was peeping, the guy didn't know i had already scan his moniker.

He is a popular nairalander!

I wonder why anyone would feel so comfortable operating their phone anywhere they find themselves.
We have been addicted with pressing phone

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Own Mother Over 10,000 In Rivers (VIDEO) / Ogun Police Arrest 116 Suspected Cultists / Dell Gaming Pc Blue Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.