Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University (16447 Views)

School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by naijamanyoutube(m): 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
Get Hello Talk to connect with people that speak the language you are interested in.

It is similar to WhatsApp, but used to chat with others and practice your language of choice while they practice English, or Hausa or Yoruba or Igbo with you. And maybe you can find someone to fall in love with and japa! Or they japa to Nigeria to live happily ever after with you grin

clockwisereport:

I don't have anyone who speaks spanish around me. I live and work in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by clockwisereport: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
Get Hello Talk to connect with people that speak the language you are interested in.

It is similar to WhatsApp, but used to chat with others and practice your language of choice while they practice English, or Hausa or Yoruba or Igbo with you. And maybe you can find someone to fall in love with and japa! Or they japa to Nigeria to live happily ever after with you grin
l

Thank you sir for this. I tried to download hellotalk and I was told that the app is not available for people in my region
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by omohayek: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
You are quoting articles with no experience whatsoever, meanwhile I live it on a daily basis. Anyone who believes you will find out the hard way when they get there. Do you speak Spanish or Portuguese? If not then it's useless arguing with you. But if you do, then let's speak and the phone and put it to test and see how much an educated man like you understand.
Yawn. I have no interest in, or time to spare for, any kind of d***-measuring contest with strangers over the internet. Feel free to believe whatever helps you sleep at night: for my part, at least I've ensured that those who are able to distinguish between anecdotes and rigorous research have the necessary information at their fingertips to counter your misleading generalizations.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by naijamanyoutube(m): 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2023
That is too bad.
clockwisereport:

Thank you sir for this. I tried to download hellotalk and I was told that the app is not available for people in my region
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by naijamanyoutube(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2023
Misleading generalization is what you are pushing. I live this everyday. You have zero experience. But you dey here dey spout "rigorous research". lol

There are thousands of French words in the English language, that doesn't mean that many Nigerians understand French.

Only lazy people will listen to you, and they will get a wake up call when they arrive Brazil thinking they can get by with Spanish and not make an effort to learn Portuguese.

omohayek:

Yawn. I have no interest in, or time to spare for, any kind of d***-measuring contest with strangers over the internet. Feel free to believe whatever helps you sleep at night: for my part, at least I've ensured that those who are able to distinguish between anecdotes and rigorous research have the necessary information at their fingertips to counter your misleading generalizations.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by omohayek: 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
Misleading generalization is what you are pushing. I live this everyday. You have zero experience. But you dey here dey spout "rigorous research". lol

There are thousands of French words in the English language, that doesn't mean that many Nigerians understand French.

Only lazy people will listen to you, and they will get a wake up call when they arrive Brazil thinking they can get by with Spanish and not make an effort to learn Portuguese.
Whatever. You're the one putting the fragility of your ego on display through delusional ranting.

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Na your delusion pass o! You dey put mouth for wetin you no know. You spend a lot of time on Nairaland, but still claim you don't have time to spare. lol grin

Only a fool will take your advice over mine. I've lived and visited many Spanish speaking countries, and I've also visited Brazil many times.

It's like you are telling people that they just need to enter the US and they will become rich, while I'm telling them it's not that easy o! That they will need to work and stay focused to make it. But you dey pull out google to show say the GDP for America big pass the one for Naija. Abeg sit down.

omohayek:

Whatever. You're the one putting the fragility of your ego on display through delusional ranting.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by omohayek: 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
Na your delusion pass o! You dey put mouth for wetin you no know. You spend a lot of time on Nairaland, but still claim you don't have time to spare. lol grin

Only a fool will take your advice over mine. I've lived and visited many Spanish speaking countries, and I've also visited Brazil many times.

It's like you are telling people that they just need to enter the US and they will become rich, while I'm telling them it's not that easy o! That they will need to work and stay focused to make it. But you dey pull out google to show say the GDP for America big pass the one for Naija. Abeg sit down.
You keep on ranting until you've worked that inferiority complex out of your system. I have better things to do with my time ...

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
You say you have better things to do, but your multiple posts on Nairaland says otherwise.

Sorry that I made you feel inferior, but I was just spitting facts. You can't give what you don't have, so next time stay away from topics you don't know much about, especially when there are people with more knowledge and experience than you. Now go on and do better things with your time.

omohayek:

You keep on ranting until you've worked that inferiority complex out of your system. I have better things to do with my time ...
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by omohayek: 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
You say you have better things to do, but your multiple posts on Nairaland says otherwise.

Sorry that I made you feel inferior, but I was just spitting facts. You can't give what you don't have, so next time stay away from topics you don't know much about, especially when there are people with more knowledge and experience than you. Now go on and do better things with your time.
God, you are one pathetic loser!

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by naijamanyoutube(m): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
Mr. "I no get time" seems to have plenty time. grin
omohayek:

God, you are one pathetic loser!
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by MechanicMike: 10:00am On Jul 15, 2023
Thattallgirl:
Compulsory for every student? Wow that's cool.

helo please are u intaressted in doin housegirl work & be provide nice uniform including free lunch & dinner & u will be paid a cool 25k(25000 naira a month.this is a shance for u to make extra money. Do u want please?(no oofense) smiley
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Davidtalo121: 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
Mr. "I no get time" seems to have plenty time. grin
Hey man what's up? It's been a while I've seen your post here. Where's you now? What's up with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB PRINT OUT: Drop Your Email To Get Yours / 2012/2013 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP (Nigerian Awards) / Federal Polytechnic Bida 2011/2012 Admission Is Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.