Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University (16284 Views)

School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by PHZADDY1(m): 10:46am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn pidgin English too,job sure for you for PH and Warri😁

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by abobote: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2023
French, it's easier than others, and you can easily travel to any of the froncophone countries in Africa, to spend some months and improve on it

3 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Johnjanrt: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2023
smiley
It shouldn't be that difficult to choose. Spanish is a sure goal. Easy to understand and learn. Widely spoken across the globe. Interesting too.

3 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by mallorca(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2023
I speak five international languages but España remain my favourite among them

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by mkoabiola: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2023
German
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by jude33084(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2023
Anybody with good French or Spanish skills should open a topic and teach us. wink

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by MarketDispatch: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2023
CandidAdmin:
What are the advantages of learning a foreign language in the university and which language would you advise a person to learn?

Learn German if you want to Japa and be serious with your life.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by BigDawsNet: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2023
clockwisereport:
I learnt Spanish. I later forgot everything

I guys you stopped learning at ur basic level
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by abobote: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2023
favourRN:

Yes, I learned Spanish in Barbados while in nursing school, and it helped in communicating especially when traveling through Brazil, and the Panama route but personally it helped my communication with fellow Spanish nurses. I don't know how it could benefit more in Nigeria but outside the country it is.
Brazil don't speak Spanish, but Portuguese

6 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Gerrard59(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2023
Spanish because South American countries have favourable immigration policies with strong passports, affordable universities (some are also free and highly ranked), better economies than their counterparts in Africa, it is widely spoken in the US. Then Chinese because of China's economic clout. French is useless as the vast majority of Francophone countries are terribly poor. German is useless too outside of Europe. In fact, you are better off learning Arabic if you can't get into Europe instead of German. However, if you want to live places where there are enough economic opportunities (career or business), Spanish and Chinese.

6 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by jersey4: 10:49am On Apr 17, 2023
Twi shocked
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by NoFucksToGive: 10:49am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn hausa
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Arabaincubus: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2023
Rigging but make sure to practice that only in Nigeria.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by lordm(m): 10:50am On Apr 17, 2023
I would love to learn French, Arabic and Chinese
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Ajisebioyolaari: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2023
thesicilian:

Many Nigerians don't know, but French is actually our second official language and it's quite easy to learn as well
can you recommend a good place to learn please?
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by AlomoReloaded: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2023
German
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Warl0ck: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2023
I think Spanish is not that bad

But i prefer latin though

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by airsaylongcome: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2023
thesicilian:

Many Nigerians don't know, but French is actually our second official language and it's quite easy to learn as well

Reference for that please. French as our 2nd official Language

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Bulletproofgt: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn Mandarin
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Gerrard59(m): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Learn German if you want to Japa and be serious with your life.

Goodluck getting a student visa from the German embassy in Nigeria if you don't have a first class degree which was issued in 2020 upwards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Alamkir: 10:52am On Apr 17, 2023
CandidAdmin:
What are the advantages of learning a foreign language in the university and which language would you advise a person to learn?

Learn Arabic and chop Arab money. There are few pple in dis field and plenty opportunities. U go enjoy if u speak Arab
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Kaycee54321(m): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2023
Spanish, hands down.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by casualobserver: 10:52am On Apr 17, 2023
Nigerians would be better served improving their English comprehension. We speak English but many of us do not truly understand English as can be seen in many of the issues of the day.

6 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2023
Spanish and spanish and spanish
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by dfrost: 10:53am On Apr 17, 2023
favourRN:

Spanish is not hard if you are ready to learn.

other languages French, German, and Arabic are also valuable options to consider, depending on your interests and career goals.

I think Spanish and French are similar because of the masculine and feminine nouns and pronouns.

Another factor to consider when learning a new language is the population, business and interest but business takes precedence.

I might be wrong, though.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by OBTOREPA(m): 10:54am On Apr 17, 2023
CandidAdmin:
Biafra is the future.
Learn it and you will testify.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Freelancerr(m): 10:54am On Apr 17, 2023
Anyone you see, learn am.

Check my signature if you have a data entry job.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by cliqtips: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Learn Chinese and French.

Lol.. learn a programming language too if you can
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by airsaylongcome: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2023
Kellie069:
French and Spanish(other European languages will be much easier when u understand Spanish )I speak little French tho

It's the other Romance languages that would be easier. European languages like Greek or German or even the Slavic Languages have almost no relationship with the Romance ones

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by dfrost: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2023
Dbestbrest:
French is another widely spoken language after English. You will go places with it as you will have advantage over others if opportunities come your way in any french speaking country

In terms of widely spoken:

Mandarin
English
Spanish
French
Others...

Unless it has changed.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by folake4u(f): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2023
French.

I wish I was serious about it back then. I learnt it way back, even had a French dictionary, and novels. But now, I can't remember anything.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Lead-City Students, Others Arrested For Fraud / Photos: Students Walk Through Water-Covered Road To Attend School In Lagos / UNILAG Is Highest Ranked Nigerian University In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.