Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (21317 Views)

School In Edo Where Pupils Sit On Bare Floor, Mats (Photos) / Ogun School Where Pupils Learn Under Mango Tree Despite N30M Allocation / Classroom Under A Tree In Kwara Where Pupils Are Taking A Nap (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by MrTrend(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
The newly installed 36th President of Rotary Club of Uyo, District 9142 in Akwa Ibom State, Mrs Idongesit Domingo-Inyang, has decried the situation where pupils still sit on the floor of their classroom to learn in the state, Brainnews report.

Mr. Ifiok, a resident of the community, told NDV that the poor condition of the school had forced many parents in the community to withdraw their children from the school to nearby Use Offot Primary School.

However, stepping in, Domino-Inyang, a Paul Harris Fellow, embarked on fund-raising ceremony to provide writing desks and seats in Primary School, Nsukara Offot, Uyo Local Government Area of the state.

According to a Vanguard report, she explained that the club decided to embark on the N1.5 million project designed to lift the pupils from floor to desk in order to preserve human dignity, but that it requires a total of N12.550 million to execute its community service projects for the Rotary year.

“I urge you to help us connect the world through friendship and humanitarian service by donating generously. We will apply your kind donations to the following life touching project to create lasting impact and transform our communities:

”Building of toilets, reticulation of borehole in selected secondary schools, installation of sick bay and medical equipment in selected secondary schools in the state. We intend to build toilets for Government Technical College, Ewet, because we noticed that the school, with a large population, has no good toilet facility.

“With your support, we will be preventing diseases by providing medical equipment and consumables, reticulation of borehole and perimeter fencing in a selected primary health centre,” she said.

“As the newly-installed President of Rotary Club of Uyo, I thank you for your goodwill donations and for your future donations. I know I can count on your financial and technical support today and within the Rotary year. With you on my side we will be able to achieve this effectively,” Rotarian Domingo-Inyang added.

Other areas of focus she listed include empowerment of 10 indigent, but productive widows, training of youths in skills acquisition and provision of reading aids to visually-impaired persons.

See the photo of the pupils below;

See More At; https://www.brainnewsradio.com/pupils-still-sit-on-floor-to-learn-in-akwa-ibom-photo/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
So?
They should be grateful.

My ancestors sat under trees.
They had no roof to block the rain or the sun.

4 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Kingkun69(m): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

yes ur ANCESTORS stop living in the past

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Amehdgreat01(m): 7:42am On Jul 31, 2019
Let the headmaster compel the parents to provide the seats for their children, because I guess they are not paying school fee, but if they are waiting for government, then they should wait till 2023 campaign

4 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2019
PDP and APC are both working.

No ideas, no interest in helping the average Nigerian.

9 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Administration1: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Thank you in anticipation.

More often than not, the pictures you see about dilapidated school structures are somewhat not true, but in this case, you can see the pupils, books, bags, etc in the broken down lockers, etc i feel very sad, how I wish I can donate to this project.

And where are all the politicians, whores, yahoo boys, and runs girls. Please channel some of your ill gotten wealth to community service.

3 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

Come now, don't excuse government incompetence.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by bankolefun(m): 7:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

No wonder you are still reasoning lyk ur ancestors ..wake up guy this is 2019!! The world is revolving!! We need move on.

20 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by alsudaes1(m): 7:43am On Jul 31, 2019
In an oil rich state o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Lovelyn451(f): 7:43am On Jul 31, 2019
E
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by jakD: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

Remeber that verse in the bible which says JESUS WEPT, he actually wept because of you being senseless!

18 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by toprealman: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

Did your ancestors also come to their version of nairaland to say crap about their own ancestors?

5 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2019
On a more serious note, there's two ways of solving this problem

1.Increase education spending....which means parents may have to pay increased taxes OR

2.Increase the fees for the school

Either way, the solution is not easy.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Yankiss(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2019
It should first be confirmed if this is a public school or one of the mushrooms of unregistered private schools. For a public school in the oil rich state looking this way, it will be grossly unacceptable. We need to know the efforts made in bringing Government attention and the responses. Sometimes the Government may not even know such school existed or the infrastructural challenge. The picture isn't enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2019
WHAT A BIG SHAME!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by spafu(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2019
E full for Kaduna and other northern states.
Modified:
For those of you quoting me, I had my primary education at LEA Ungwan Rimi, Kaduna and my secondary education at Rimi College also in Kaduna. I can remember, a chap called Sani, who was my mate from primary one and we met again at SS 1, and he was among those who could not read. Myself it was the grace of God and my mother's personal effort, that I learnt to read.
I am still resident in Kaduna. So if you know of what is happening in Akwa Ibom, I am not based there, where I am based and have my headache, is where I have pointed out. I also sat on the bear floor many years ago, and to still see pupils repeating the same thing I went through must be a shame to Hell-Rufai and his acclaimed performance in governance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2019
after some werey people go come here dey fight on top whc state fine nd get money pass. Na im b dis o, our govt is a scam.... what is d Essen of having infrastructures and the people are dying of hunger.. nawa o

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2019
spafu:
imagine the mentality of wailers.
Shame on you all!

They will be the one saying because someone in another party stole, people in other parties that did the same should not be probed!

Hypocrites!
Big shame on y'all!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by toprealman: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2019
I wonder when Nigerians will start placing essential demands on these their so called political leaders.

2 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2019
toprealman:
I wonder when Nigerians will start placing essential demands in these their so called political leaders.
It is just so appaling

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by 360degreess(m): 7:45am On Jul 31, 2019
spafu:
...Don't divert from the main issue.. Akwaibom is among the top 3 States that receives the highest allocation from FG..it is also a oil producing state

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by bikefab(m): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2019
Public schools in Nigeria have been totally neglected, the government isn't helping matters with their low budget for education. This is the more reason why private schools are thriving.
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by spafu(m): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2019
post=80793569:
imagine the mentality of wailers.
Shame on you all!
The joke is on you. Shame on you and your co-psychopaths.
The other day Hell-Rule-Fire was looking for a 13 year Almajiri boy based in Maiduguri who had taken to shoe cobbling to give scholarship, whereas, there are uncountable out now school children hawking groundnut and pure right there in Kaduna for him to send to school.
What do you call that? Why do you hate the truth? For every such type of school you see in the south, the north I "blessed" with ten. So whbdo you wan it a secret? Shame on you Mai suya.

1 Like

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by WeRblessed(f): 7:47am On Jul 31, 2019
Zoologicaly sh$tthole nation
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by sylve11: 7:47am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

in the early 80s i also sat on the floor to be educated....

it's not something to be grateful for; its a bad experience. sad cool

3 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by gift01: 7:47am On Jul 31, 2019
For an Oil rich state and one that is amongst the highest earners in monthly revenue then this is shameful

5 Likes

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2019
spafu:

The joke is on you. Shame on you and your psy
Shameless youths everywhere.
Supporting mediocrity and thieves.
Una never see anything yet.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by chozzy: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Aw
Re: School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by ElsonMorali: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Cioccolata:
So?
They should be grateful.

Isokuso. In other words rubbish talk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Escaped Chibok Girls Admitted Into AUN Academy On Scholarship / ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi / Steps To Write WAEC, NECO, NABTEB Informal Letter Posted Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.