Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC (1171 Views)

Another Perspective On Whether 25% Is Mandatory In The Fct Or Not / Fact File; Obj Vs Buhari (2003), 25% Is Compulsory In FCT. / Previous FCT Election Results And Why 25% Is A Must . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ceenaija(m): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
The compulsory Abuja FCT 25% vote requirement for presidential election winner is like a bone in the throat of the APC. Neither Inec or supreme court will be able to save them from the quagmire.

11 Likes

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Windscribe: 3:12pm On Apr 15, 2023
Come to think of it, Alhaji Atiku came second which makes him qualify for a run off (that if there is going to be a run off)

But Atiku's camp are not saying anything about this, what does that tells you?

Atiku who's a veteran in Nigerian political sphere knows that the 25% in Abuja is not an issue.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by StOla: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2023
Everyone knows that Nigeria is made up of 36 States and FCT, that serve as the component units.

To win a presidential election, the winning candidate must have,

1. Majority votes among all the contestants.
2. 25% or more votes in 2/3 of 36 States and FCT (Nigeria), which is 25 component units out of 37 units, which can be 25 States or 24 States and FCT.

Tinubu already met rule 1 and surpassed rule 2 by securing the 25% or more in 30 States.

I repeat for the dull ones, Nigeria is made up of 36 States and FCT, so any description of the geographical units that makeup Nigeria is 36 States and FCT, which serve as the sample area from which 25% or more of 2/3 must be secured.

Losers should stop grasping at straws while stuck at 15States and FCT.

Case closed!

6 Likes

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by GogetterMD(m): 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2023
Una mumu never do? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by StOla: 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ceenaija:
The compulsory Abuja FCT 25% vote requirement for presidential election winner is like a bone in the throat of the APC. Neither Inec or supreme court will be able to save them from the quagmire.

Only LP needs to be saved while stuck at 3rd position and unable to meet 25 States or 24 States and FCT.

APC has swallowed every bone in its path, and is well prepared for another presidential inauguration of a victorious APC candidate.

3 Likes

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by IGBOGENE27(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
Windscribe:
Come to think of it, Alhaji Atiku came second which makes him qualify for a rerun (that if there is going to be a rerun).

Atiku who's a veteran in Nigerian political sphere knows that the 25% in Abuja is not an issue.

I'm sure you don't know the meaning of a rerun. If there's a rerun election, all the candidates will participate. Why should Atiku be making noise over it?
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ceenaija(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
StOla:
Everyone knows that Nigeria is made up of 36 States and FCT, that serve as the component units.

To win a presidential election, the winning candidate must have,

1. Majority votes among all the contestants.
2. 25% or more votes in 2/3 of 36 States and FCT (Nigeria), which is 25 component units out of 37 units, which can be 25 States or 24 States and FCT.

Tinubu already met rule 1 and surpassed rule 2 by securing the 25% or more in 30 States.

I repeat for the dull ones, Nigeria is made up of 36 States and FCT, so any description of the geographical units that makeup Nigeria is 36 States and FCT, which serve as the sample area from which 25% or more of 2/3 must be secured.

Losers should stop grasping at straws while stuck at 15States and FCT.

Case closed!

The case is not closed, that aspect of the Constitution does not need interpretation the word AND does not sound ambiguous. The supreme court can invite the writers of chambers dictionary to help them. AND is conjunction word.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by StOla: 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ceenaija:

The case is not closed, that aspect of the Constitution does not need interpretation the word AND does not sound ambiguous. The supreme court can invite the writers of chambers dictionary to help them. AND is conjunction word.

Why is AND a problem to you or anyone?

Is Nigeria not made up of 36 States and FCT?

If anyone needs to attain anything in any fraction of Nigeria, be it 1/4 or 1/2 or 2/3, that whole of Nigeria is 36 States AND FCT.

Or is the FCT not part of Nigeria?
Or you wanted the law to state 37 States so as to eradicate the AND conjunction?

So the FCT is part of the total area of Nigeria, from which a candidate must secure 25% or more in 2/3 of the area of Nigeria as composed by its 37 units which is made up of 36 States and FCT.

I know it is not hard to comprehend, but a loser must find something to hold on to.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Chinjo2: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
They messed the wrong generation
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ogene001: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2023
Windscribe:
Come to think of it, Alhaji Atiku came second which makes him qualify for a run off (that if there is going to be a run off)

Why should Atiku talk about 25% when he didn't make the 25%. Make una de find consolation

2 Likes

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ogene001: 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2023
StOla:

Why is AND a problem to you or anyone?

Is Nigeria not made up of 36 States and FCT?

If anyone needs to attain anything in any fraction of Nigeria, be it 1/4 or 1/2 or 2/3, that whole of Nigeria is 36 States AND FCT.

Or is the FCT not part of Nigeria?
Or you wanted the law to state 37 States so as to eradicate the AND conjunction?

So the FCT is part of the total area of Nigeria, from which a candidate must secure 25% or more in 2/3 of the area of Nigeria as composed by its 37 units which is made up of 36 States and FCT.

I know it is not hard to comprehend, but a loser must find something to hold on to.
I remember when Peter Obi went to court over interpretation of of four year tenure. It sounded crazy then, but guess what? The court interpreted it differently from what people thought and for that reason, we now have staggered guber elections

1 Like

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by StOla: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ogene001:

I remember when Peter Obi went to court over interpretation of of four year tenure. It sounded crazy then, but guess what? The court interpreted it differently from what people thought and for that reason, we now have staggered guber elections

And I hope when the Supreme Court interpretes the controversial section as meaning the totality of Nigeria (36 States and FCT) for which Tinubu already got the 25% or more in more than even 2/3 of Nigeria with his 30 States, you would not cry foul?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by StOla: 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ogene001:

Why should Atiku talk about 25% when he didn't make the 25%. Make una de find consolation

And it is Obi that made 25% in 2/3 of Nigeria but is stuck with 16 out of 37?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Softmirror: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2023
IGBOGENE27:

I'm sure you don't know the meaning of a rerun. If there's a rerun election, all the candidates will participate. Why should Atiku be making noise over it?

YOU ARE FUNNY. grin
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by didroon43: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2023
Yep, very correct.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by FreedomfromtheT: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2023
Windscribe:

Atiku didn't score 25% in Abuja just like Tinubu. So he can't shoot himself on the leg by bringing up the issue. Thank you.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Christistruth03: 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2023
angry

They are Still trying desperately to impose their Archaic and Useless Osu Caste System on Abuja

they don’t even understand how Nigerian voters are all equal

It is like a complete almost mystery beyond Comprehension to them
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by rummmy: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
I want to see 5 people and Mr okon means that okon is a compulsory component of the people I want to see...
It's as easy as ABC nau...

3 Likes

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by ObiORBiafra: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2023
Rather its a toy given to Labour party to play with.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Windscribe: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ogene001:

I don't understand, regarding the 25% in Abuja, yes Atiku failed to get 25% in Abuja also.

Now if I may ask who goes into a run off/rerun with Tinubu;

1, the runners up?

2, the second runners up (who only got 25% in 15 states)?

What do you guys actually want from the court? To declare Obi as the winner?
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ogene001: 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2023
StOla:

And I hope when the Supreme Court interpretes the controversial section as meaning the totality of Nigeria (36 States and FCT) for which Tinubu already got the 25% or more in more than even 2/3 of Nigeria with his 30 States, you would not cry foul?
Relax, let's meet in court
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ogene001: 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2023
Windscribe:

I don't understand, regarding the 25% in Abuja, yes Atiku failed to get 25% in Abuja also.

Now if I may ask who goes into a run off/rerun with Tinubu;

1, the runners up?

2, the second runners up (who only got 25% in 15 states)?

What do you guys actually want from the court? To declare Obi as the winner?
That is why we have courts. They will explain these things
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ogene001: 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2023
rummmy:
I want to see 5 people and Mr okon means that okon is a compulsory component of the people I want to see...
It's as easy as ABC nau...
Bid lie, okon could be different from the five people. The right word to use is "including" not "and"
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ogene001: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
Christistruth03:
angry

They are Still trying desperately to impose their Archaic and Useless Osu Caste System on Abuja

they don’t even understand how Nigerian voters are all equal

It is like a complete mystery beyond Comprehension to them
E don choke for una

1 Like

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Ogene001: 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2023
StOla:

And it is Obi that made 25% in 2/3 of Nigeria but is stuck with 16 out of 37?
The court will explain how things will go
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Christistruth03: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ogene001:

E don choke for una

The Ancient Osu Caste System has expired

Update your thinking
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by PHIPEX(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2023
If 25% in FCT is not compulsory, we can as well argue that the FCT itself is not necessary. The Nigeria seat of power can be at Zamfara.

Why must the president govern from the FCT? Let's scrap FCT since "it's not special".
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by Freelancer2020(m): 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2023
I just dey laugh some ppl especially our Obidient brothers, the question I keep on asking myself is, if the election was rigged as they want us to believe and Abuja is that special, why is it that apc did not rigged Abuja to their favour?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by favor914: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ceenaija:
Console yourself in self deceit, it is your prerogative.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by favor914: 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2023
PHIPEX:
If 25% in FCT is not compulsory, we can as well argue that the FCT itself is not necessary. The Nigeria seat of power can be at Zamfara.

Why must the president govern from the FCT? Let's scrap FCT since "it's not special".
Very senseless assertion, all these ESN ipobians turned Obidients can never change.

Go and study to find yourself approved, instead of assuming these nonsense.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by favor914: 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ogene001:

Relax, let's meet in court
“That the petition of the Labor party as frivolous & incompetent, stating that disqualification factors as stipulated by the Constitution only conceives of a conviction sentence or fine involving dishonesty or fraud or contravention of the Code of Conduct as found by a Court of the law of competent jurisdiction or Tribunal in Nigeria,” it added.

While urging the court to strike out petitions against Tinubu, the APC argued that Mr. Peter Obi of the Labour Party, who alleged that Tinubu was convicted for drug-related case, lacked the requisite locus standi to challenge the outcome of the presidential election.

Insisting that Obi was not validly nominated by the LP, the APC, stressed that he was not a member of the party, at least 30 days before it conducted its presidential primary election.

It told the court that Obi was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, till May 24 2022, adding that he was screened as a presidential aspirant of the party in April, 2022.

APC further averred that whereas Obi joined the LP on May 27, he was subsequently declared the winner of the presidential primary election the LP held on May 30, 2022.

“By section 77(3) of the Electoral Act, 2022, the 2nd Petitioner (LP) is mandated to have submitted its comprehensive register of members to the 1st Respondent 30 days before its presidential primary.

“That is to say the said register of members must have been submitted to the 1st Respondent on or before 30th April, 2022.

“The 1st Petitioner (Obi) as at 30th April, 2022 was still a member of the PDP and his name was not and could not have been in the register of members submitted by the 2nd Petitioner to 1st Respondent (INEC).

“The Petition herein is incompetent as the 1st Petitioner is not a member of the 2nd Petitioner since the 1st Petitioner’s name is not, and could have been listed in the list of the register made available by the 2nd Petitioner to the 1st Respondent, same having been made available before the 1st Petitioner joined the 2nd Petitioner”.

It, therefore, prayed the court to dismiss or strike out Obi’s petition “wholly or in part as may be appropriate”.
Re: 25% Is Like Bone In The Throat For The APC by riches4me(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ceenaija:

Ode! It's you that d bone is bordering not them. You just can't get it off your throat.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu And Osinbajo: What Comes To Your Mind With This Picture? / Tinubu Inner Cacus: Uzodimma Launches Media Attack On Gbajabiamila / Whahala As Peter Obi Fire Direct Shot At Tinubu,finally Obi Scatter The Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.