Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,145 members, 7,811,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder (3004 Views)

Your Visa Application Has Been Rejected As Nigerian Passport Holder - UAE / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 1:06am On Apr 16, 2023
I recently travelled to the Yutucan axis of Mexico on vacation, and I am making this thread for anyone looking to take a trip to Mexico.

Visa: I did not apply for a visa as I had a valid Schengen visa. You can use your Schengen Visa as long as your stay falls within your validity. Please also check the official government website to see other visas you could use (UK, USA etc.).

Cost and General experience: I stayed in Tulum, and I found it to be expensive, and the costs are comparable to America and other major European locations. Friends that have visited Mexico City say it's cheap, though. Tulum is in the Quintana Roo state and is very touristy, with many beach clubs and activities to do. Also, the tipping culture is HUGE, and I found it to be much more than in the USA. For example, it was common to see a tip jar in the bathrooms or for your driver to expect a tip after a trip.

The food is spicy, and there's a wide menu to try and drink. Many people speak English too, but it helps if you speak a little Spanish too. It's advisable not to drink tap water in Mexico or Tulum. Though it is primarily cash-based, many places accept card payments but might charge a commission.

Advise: If travelling with your family, check out the beach club you want to visit and ensure the environment is family-friendly. Mexico is really a lovely country but has some security challenges, so keep that in mind and try to keep safe.

Happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have.

4 Likes

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by 1Alex: 5:34am On Apr 16, 2023
OK. Welcome
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by dealhunter(m): 7:14am On Apr 16, 2023
Welcome back boss, which flight did you with? direct flight or connect flight, flight ticket,d flight ticket is how much from Nigeria is how much?how strict Thier immigrations at port of entry...thank you!I'm also planning to visit Mexico...
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Sweetvie: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2023
Following.
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2023
dealhunter:
Welcome back boss, which flight did you with? direct flight or connect flight, flight ticket,d flight ticket is how much from Nigeria is how much?how strict Thier immigrations at port of entry...thank you!I'm also planning to visit Mexico...

I used a connecting flight. I could not find a direct flight, so I flew to Lisbon (Portugal) and then flew direct from there. I do not have a US visa; the option would have been to fly to the US and then fly from there. For flights, I recommend Skyscanner as it is a good aggregator.

The immigration was okay just asked to see if I had a credit/debit card with me, the address of where I am staying and the return flight booked.

2 Likes

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by dealhunter(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2023
Nchabuomo:

I used a connecting flight. I could not find a direct flight, so I flew to Lisbon (Portugal) and then flew direct from there. I do not have a US visa; the option would have been to fly to the US and then fly from there. For flights, I recommend Skyscanner as it is a good aggregator.

The immigration was okay just asked to see if I had a credit/debit card with me, the address of where I am staying and the return flight booked.
thank you so much boss,I will be flying from Nigeria,I don't think there is Skyscanner in Nigeria..
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 10:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
dealhunter:
thank you so much boss,I will be flying from Nigeria,I don't think there is Skyscanner in Nigeria.

It's a website. You can search for it on Google.
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by SoliBayNG: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2023
How much was your ticket if you flew from Nigeria?

Did you fly from Nigeria connecting through Portugal, or you went straight from Portugal?
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Kolaoftonic: 8:45am On Apr 19, 2023
Nchabuomo:
I recently travelled to the Yutucan axis of Mexico on vacation, and I am making this thread for anyone looking to take a trip to Mexico.

Visa: I did not apply for a visa as I had a valid Schengen visa. You can use your Schengen Visa as long as your stay falls within your validity. Please also check the official government website to see other visas you could use (UK, USA etc.).

Cost and General experience: I stayed in Tulum, and I found it to be expensive, and the costs are comparable to America and other major European locations. Friends that have visited Mexico City say it's cheap, though. Tulum is in the Quintana Roo state and is very touristy, with many beach clubs and activities to do. Also, the tipping culture is HUGE, and I found it to be much more than in the USA. For example, it was common to see a tip jar in the bathrooms or for your driver to expect a tip after a trip.

The food is spicy, and there's a wide menu to try and drink. Many people speak English too, but it helps if you speak a little Spanish too. It's advisable not to drink tap water in Mexico or Tulum. Though it is primarily cash-based, many places accept card payments but might charge a commission.

Advise: If travelling with your family, check out the beach club you want to visit and ensure the environment is family-friendly. Mexico is really a lovely country but has some security challenges, so keep that in mind and try to keep safe.

Good day sir, please is it advisable to travel to Mexico for the person who wants to hustle and get money? Nd is it easy to get there work permit?

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Biamoz(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2023
Nchabuomo:

thanks Boss for this information, As a Schengen tourist visa holder, must it be multiple entry and how many days or months of the Schengen visa validity. Can one fly TAP Portugal from Lisbon directly to Mexico City and what questions do the ask at POE
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
SoliBayNG:
How much was your ticket if you flew from Nigeria?

Did you fly from Nigeria connecting through Portugal, or you went straight from Portugal?

I flew to Portugal and then flew to Mexico. It was about 300k to fly from Portugal to Mexico.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2023
Biamoz:
thanks Boss for this information, As a Schengen tourist visa holder, must it be multiple entry and how many days or months of the Schengen visa validity. Can one fly TAP Portugal from Lisbon directly to Mexico City and what questions do the ask at POE

I flew TAP to Cancun, I don't know if they fly to Mexico City directly. As long as you have a multiple-entry Schengen visa, then it's okay. Your visa should be valid for the entire duration of your trip.

Question at POE:

1. Departure flight
2. Accommodation details
3. Asked to be shown a credit/debit card in my name.
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Biamoz(m): 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2023
It seems like am asking to much. You first boarded a flight to Lisbon. Stayed few day in Lisbon & then get the ticket from Lisbon. How much in Euro is the cost from Lisbon to Cancun. If travelling with cash as BTA, how much minimum should I go with.

uote author=Nchabuomo post=122625729]

I flew TAP to Cancun, I don't know if they fly to Mexico City directly. As long as you have a multiple-entry Schengen visa, then it's okay. Your visa should be valid for the entire duration of your trip.

Question at POE:

1. Departure flight
2. Accommodation details
3. Asked to be shown a credit/debit card in my name.[/quote]
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
Biamoz:
It seems like am asking to much. You first boarded a flight to Lisbon. Stayed few day in Lisbon & then get the ticket from Lisbon. How much in Euro is the cost from Lisbon to Cancun. If travelling with cash as BTA, how much minimum should I go with.

uote author=Nchabuomo post=122625729]

Question at POE:

1. Departure flight
2. Accommodation details
3. Asked to be shown a credit/debit card in my name.

I paid about 300k for the Lisbon to the Cancun flight. In euros, roughly $500. TAP airline.

Your budget depends on you really. I never travel with cash. But I don't think you can carry more than $10k cash unless you intend to declare it and prove the source. So depending on how many days you want to spend and what you want to do, including your lifestyle, would determine your budget
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by dealhunter(m): 12:26am On Apr 20, 2023
Nchabuomo:

I paid about 300k for the Lisbon to the Cancun flight. In euros, roughly $500. TAP airline.

Your budget depends on you really. I never travel with cash. But I don't think you can carry more than $10k cash unless you intend to declare it and prove the source. So depending on how many days you want to spend and what you want to do, including your lifestyle, would determine your budget
see life,just $500 from Portugal to Mexico,300k in naira, God why?, assuming you are flying from Nigeria to Mexico,you will be hearing 1.8m flight!....the best option to get to Mexico is through Schengen visa...God pls pick my call!

1 Like

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 20, 2023
Oga, drop pictures for us na!
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by SoliBayNG: 7:50am On Apr 20, 2023
Nchabuomo:

I flew to Portugal and then flew to Mexico. It was about 300k to fly from Portugal to Mexico.

Wow. Thanks for the info. I'm looking to do the same from Switzerland.

Was it a direct flight?
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Biamoz(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2023
Nchabuomo:

For one travelling to Mexico with the aim of moving to the United States. Is it advisable to use Cancun as port of enrty and move to Tijuana by road or local flight. Will one still encounter immigration disturbance on the road. Please I need your professional advice because my aim of travelling to Mexico is to move to US. Regards to accommodation, should I make a reservation to pay when arrive or must make the payment before coming. CAN I PLEASE DM YOU??
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
Felixamos:
Oga, drop pictures for us na!

Manage these ones.

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
SoliBayNG:

Wow. Thanks for the info. I'm looking to do the same from Switzerland.

Was it a direct flight?

From Portugal, it was. I don't think you can get a direct flight from Switzerland, but I could be wrong.
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
Biamoz:

For one travelling to Mexico with the aim of moving to the United States. Is it advisable to use Cancun as port of enrty and move to Tijuana by road or local flight. Will one still encounter immigration disturbance on the road. Please I need your professional advice because my aim of travelling to Mexico is to move to US. Regards to accommodation, should I make a reservation to pay when arrive or must make the payment before coming. CAN I PLEASE DM YOU??

I'm not sure I can help as I do not have the information you might need. I just went on a vacation and am back.

Regarding accommodation, I paid for the place I stayed in before arrival. I found it on Airbnb.
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by SoliBayNG: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
Nchabuomo:

From Portugal, it was. I don't think you can get a direct flight from Switzerland, but I could be wrong.

Yeah. Has to be from Frankfurt. Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by modskiller(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Nchabuomo:

My Oga? Na you again?

This oppression is too much cry

Mods Abeg ban this bros... izztoomushhhh... cry
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 8:39am On Apr 23, 2023
modskiller:

My Oga? Na you again?

This oppression is too much cry

Mods Abeg ban this bros... izztoomushhhh... cry

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Biamoz(m): 8:16am On Apr 27, 2023
Nchabuomo:

I'm not sure I can help as I do not have the information you might need. I just went on a vacation and am back.

Regarding accommodation, I paid for the place I stayed in before arrival. I found it on Airbnb.

Hope that 3 months multiple Schengen visa is good to go
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 10:32am On Apr 27, 2023
Biamoz:

Hope that 3 months multiple Schengen visa is good to go

Yeah, as long as your visa is valid at the time you said you would leave the country.
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Simplezart(f): 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
Hi, I have an art event in Mexico by July, I am coming from Nigeria. My biggest issue is booking appointment I have been trying but it's always not successful pls what should I do as July is almost by the corner. It's an art cultural exchange event
Nchabuomo:

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by dealhunter(m): 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2023
Simplezart:
Hi, I have an art event in Mexico by July, I am coming from Nigeria. My biggest issue is booking appointment I have been trying but it's always not successful pls what should I do as July is almost by the corner. It's an art cultural exchange event
Go and apply in Ghana,but you will need Ghana Residence permit before you can apply for Mexico Visa in Ghana.
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Simplezart(f): 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ghana no official availability
dealhunter:
Go and apply in Ghana,but you will need Ghana Residence permit before you can apply for Mexico Visa in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by dealhunter(m): 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2023
Simplezart:
Ghana no official availability
which one be this,send them an email,tell them you are resident of Ghana,but Nigeria citizen, tell them about ur travel plans and request for application form...
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Simplezart(f): 6:58am On May 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by RS411(f): 3:31pm On Jan 01
Can you help me with their email address?

dealhunter:
which one be this,send them an email,tell them you are resident of Ghana,but Nigeria citizen, tell them about ur travel plans and request for application form...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aviation Training / Nigerians In The US! / Road Accident Involving "God Is Good Motors" Commercial Bus Leaves Passengers De

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.