Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder (3007 Views)

Your Visa Application Has Been Rejected As Nigerian Passport Holder - UAE / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by sharone21(f): 10:01pm On Mar 26
Nchabuomo:
I recently travelled to the Yutucan axis of Mexico on vacation, and I am making this thread for anyone looking to take a trip to Mexico.

Visa: I did not apply for a visa as I had a valid Schengen visa. You can use your Schengen Visa as long as your stay falls within your validity. Please also check the official government website to see other visas you could use (UK, USA etc.).

Cost and General experience: I stayed in Tulum, and I found it to be expensive, and the costs are comparable to America and other major European locations. Friends that have visited Mexico City say it's cheap, though. Tulum is in the Quintana Roo state and is very touristy, with many beach clubs and activities to do. Also, the tipping culture is HUGE, and I found it to be much more than in the USA. For example, it was common to see a tip jar in the bathrooms or for your driver to expect a tip after a trip.

The food is spicy, and there's a wide menu to try and drink. Many people speak English too, but it helps if you speak a little Spanish too. It's advisable not to drink tap water in Mexico or Tulum. Though it is primarily cash-based, many places accept card payments but might charge a commission.

Advise: If travelling with your family, check out the beach club you want to visit and ensure the environment is family-friendly. Mexico is really a lovely country but has some security challenges, so keep that in mind and try to keep safe.

Happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have.

Hi, Question please:

If someone is travelling to Aruba(Carribean) and gets the Netherlands visitor's visa, can this person with this visa travel to Mexico first and connect flight onwards to Aruba to avoid USA transit visa which is usually needed if travelling to Aruba since it connects via USA? Also, when returning, can the person stop at Mexico to do some things since the person already has return ticket from Africa to Mexico previously within the limit of their visa length? How would you plan this journey please if it were you?
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by Nchabuomo: 12:38pm On Mar 28
sharone21:

Hi, Question please:

If someone is travelling to Aruba(Carribean) and gets the Netherlands visitor's visa, can this person with this visa travel to Mexico first and connect flight onwards to Aruba to avoid USA transit visa which is usually needed if travelling to Aruba since it connects via USA? Also, when returning, can the person stop at Mexico to do some things since the person already has return ticket from Africa to Mexico previously within the limit of their visa length? How would you plan this journey please if it were you?

This should be fine based on what you explained above.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by sharone21(f): 9:17pm On Mar 29
Nchabuomo:

This should be fine based on what you explained above.

Thanks a lot. God bless you
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by larrybells(f): 11:08am On Apr 13
Hi Question please

How long does it take someone to get an appointment for a Mexico visa in Nigeria?? Have filled since feb 7th and showing no office found . Is there anyway I can get an appointment date or get a visa to take me to Mexico. Thank you
Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by HRprof: 6:46pm On Apr 13
larrybells:
Hi Question please

How long does it take someone to get an appointment for a Mexico visa in Nigeria?? Have filled since feb 7th and showing no office found . Is there anyway I can get an appointment date or get a visa to take me to Mexico. Thank you
Mexico does not have embassy in Nigeria
You can only travel to Mexico with Schengen visa. Look for any European country you can get visa easily

1 Like

Re: Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder by larrybells(f): 4:46pm On Apr 14
[quote thank you.. will do just that. author=HRprof post=129420955]
Mexico does not have embassy in Nigeria
You can only travel to Mexico with Schengen visa. Look for any European country you can get visa easily [/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Northerners Japa: This Profiles Would Change Your Narratives (pix) / See The Beautiful Female Pilot Killed In The Fatal Brazillian Plane Crash(photo) / Virgin Nigeria Online Booking Gotchas (read The Small Print)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.