Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car (2138 Views)

Which Car Was Your First Car? / Buyer Of ₦6.7b Bugatti Agreed To Buy It On The Spot After Seeing Only Sketches / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Deew22: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2023
Hi guys,
So I have saved up some money to buy my first car.
Cars are quite expensive now.
I have saved about 2.2M. I will have to buy a nigerian used car.

Kindly advice me on which one to buy.
My options are

Toyota Camry(2008 and beyond)
Toyota Corrolla (2005 and beyond)
Honda Accord
I also have great love for Hyundai Elantra(2011)

I have heard so many negative things about Honda which has given me a negative impression of Honda's

Please advice and recommend which of the vehicles will be a good first ride for me.
I can be able to go a little above 2.2 if its within my range.

I want to know the good and bad sides of each...
I stay in the North

Thanks

Please help me push this to FP
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by sahab2325: 1:24am On Apr 16, 2023
Go and buy Toyota Corolla jejely

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Deew22: 1:36am On Apr 16, 2023
sahab2325:
Go and buy Toyota Corolla jejely

Why Corrolla?
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by dangoteinlaw: 6:28am On Apr 16, 2023
honda has earned themselves so many bad reviews ad reputation but this brand called hyudai is gaining more grounds coz they are very many here on the lsland

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Highorbit7O16: 6:29am On Apr 16, 2023
I hope that 2.2m is not all ur savings. Aft the 2.2, I advice u should still have about 1.5m extra so u don't get stranded. Cars are expenses o. Someone that says he hasn't seen money to eat will definitely see money if his car breaks down on the road. I wonder how...
2.2 will get u a fair Nigerian used Camry big daddy. Forget about Honda n Hyundai

5 Likes

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
Buy Peugeot .
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Deew22: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
Highorbit7O16:
I hope that 2.2m is not all ur savings. Aft the 2.2, I advice u should still have about 1.5m extra so u don't get stranded. Cars are expenses o. Someone that says he hasn't seen money to eat will definitely see money if his car breaks down on the road. I wonder how...
2.2 will get u a fair Nigerian used Camry big daddy. Forget about Honda n Hyundai

Thanks man.
Why did you say I should forget Honda and Hyundai?
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Deew22: 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
honda has earned themselves so many bad reviews ad reputation but this brand called hyudai is gaining more grounds coz they are very many here on the lsland

yea, true...
My first encounter with a Hyundai was on the Island (VI) when a Bolt driver picked me in it. man, it was an amazing ride, I fell in love with the car that day

3 Likes

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Deew22: 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2023
Softbby123:
Buy Peugeot .

They're good cars, but I do not know why I don't like it... can you give me reasons to like Peugeot?
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
Deew22:

Thanks man.
ignore him. You can get a very sound 2007 Accord with that amount (no leg pull to fear)

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Michael547(m): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2023
Deew22:
Hi guys,

My options are

Honda Accord

I have heard so many negative things about Honda which has given me a negative impression of Honda's

Please advice and recommend which of the vehicles will be a good first ride for me.

I stay in the North

Thanks

Don't try buying a car without an honest professional mechanic to help you inspect before buying. I do computerised professional car inspection in the southwest incase you need my service....contact me on 08167469103

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 17, 2023
Deew22:

They're good cars, but I do not know why I don't like it... can you give me reasons to like Peugeot?

Durable and suitable for the typical Nigerian .
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Dozieson(m): 5:29am On Apr 17, 2023
Deew22:

Thanks man.

The cost of engine and gear replacement is very expensive except you go for a model below 2007
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Timagex(m): 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2023
Deew22:
Hi guys,

My options are

Honda Accord

I stay in the North

Thanks

If you don't mind driving a manual car, get a Peugeot 307 and thank me later. Ask your guys in the north..
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Smartguyboy(m): 3:14am On Apr 18, 2023
Michael547:

Don't try buying a car without an honest professional mechanic to help you inspect before buying. I do computerised professional car inspection in the southwest incase you need my service....contact me on 08167469103
I still don’t understand this concept taking a mechanic to buy a car what will the contribute ?

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Manuella4ace: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
Deew22:
Hi guys,

My options are

Honda Accord

I stay in the North

Thanks

Pick a Corolla and have peace of mind, easy to maintain.
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Fatbam003: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
Save more and go for corolla toks. Used cars in Nigeria get as e be
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by Divinehenrich(m): 5:02am On Apr 22, 2023
I have a super clean 2007 Honda Accord. It is a strong & reliable car. Buy & enjoy. Contact me if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by NFowler012: 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
If you're seeking advice on which car to buy, consider your needs and preferences. Assess factors like fuel efficiency, size, and features that align with your lifestyle. Additionally, explore recommendations from automotive experts and user reviews for insights. For off-road enthusiasts, an excellent accessory to enhance your UTV experience is a reliable utv windshield. It adds protection and visibility, contributing to a safer and more enjoyable ride. Ultimately, the right choice depends on your individual requirements and how well a vehicle, like a UTV with a quality windshield, suits your intended use.
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by apogyizi(f): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2023
Deew22:
Hi guys,

My options are

Toyota Camry(2008 and beyond) mo
Honda Accord

I stay in the North

Thanks

Congratulations. I hope you'd choose right.
Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by apogyizi(f): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2023
Smartguyboy:

I still don’t understand this concept taking a mechanic to buy a car what will the contribute ?

Don't ever take a mechanic to buy your car. He'd pick a car for you, based on the faults it that might need repair, so he too can gain.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On Which Car To Buy, It's Gonna Be My First Car by DunDucatti: 9:55pm On Mar 16
Buying a car and paying in full upfront can have both advantages and disadvantages. On one hand, paying in full eliminates monthly payments and interest charges, potentially saving you money in the long run. It also provides you with full ownership of the vehicle immediately. However, it may deplete a significant portion of your savings or require financing through other means. It's essential to consider your financial situation, including your savings, income, and other financial goals, before making a decision. If you're considering purchasing a used car, vidi offers a wide selection of pre-owned vehicles to choose from. Explore their inventory at used car and find the perfect car for your needs and budget.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Car Would You Be Driving If Money Were No Object? / Seven Ways To Know A Car's Mileage Has Been Changed / Launch X431, Creader, Autel, Autoboss Scan Tools , Ck100, X100, X300 Skp900

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.