Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World (1683 Views)

Return To Regionalism: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region – Lagos Indigenes / The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun / Pictures Of Nigeria Under PDP; When The Economy Was Really 'boomy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by tommy589(m): 5:36am On Apr 17, 2023
China moved from plastic toys and cutleries production to massive industrialisation
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Odogwuzack: 5:43am On Apr 17, 2023
aariwa:
They can never compete with SE and that’s why most of them celebrate poverty and call it politics

The reason why you guys are always so hateful is because you see everything (especially against the Yorubas) as competition and you feel extremely bitter whenever you are defeated as always.

2 Likes

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by okeysoninv: 10:25am On Apr 17, 2023
Chimok:
is really sickening and tiring educating lads in this space but I will indulge u this once.
1If, its because of the oil boom, why is Nigeria's economy with all the oil booms in different periods especially the 70s still at comatose with Nigeria begging like alamajiri around the world since the end of regional governance
The premier then was M I Okpara and the regional government had semi autonomy to run its economy free from federal intervention if u know what that means.
Any other thing u need to know about the eastern economy of 50s and 60s, read that up because it is in the recent history books and everywhere
the last time I checked the economy of Nigeria grew by 3.2% which is a great feet achievement. nigeria is largest economy of Africa by GDP in tone of $508b.
The economy of Eastern Nigeria was boosted by discovery of oil and the exportation of the oil. if you disagree you can show us the revenue from 1959 to 1964 .
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Christistruth03: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2023
Airlord2030:
Because of SS oil ..
Immediately SS was cut out from parasitic SE, SE yansh open grin

The SE Leaders were Still greedily eyeballing Lagos even back then

The next thing we knew they had ganged up to Jail Awolowo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by okeysoninv: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2023
kettykin:

Policy of marginalization since the war ended. I read about one of such policies where a senior military officer from the north ordered that the only main frame computer located in the east be relocated to kaduna, such arrant nonsense took place after the Civil war.

In another instance, Nigeria planned a steel plant with steel rolling mills in the 70s , steel plant was built in ajaokuta, steel rolling mills in katsina,Jos, oshogbo and aladja in warri, non was deemed fut for the eastern part of the country. Today all the steel mills and complexes are dead and forgotten.

Such were the one Nigeria government policies that turned the Giant of Africa to the smallest dwarf in the world.

As I write this, the central bank of Nigeria is giving out foreign exchange to be to import palm oil into a palm oil producing country, in some instance people got import rebates and import quota
this is what the Igbo political elite has been using to keep toes on our Igbo with the word marginalization because they knew the people are emotional, myopic. Nobody stopped Igbo governors from establishing 2nd , 3rd , 4th etc Ada palm like the one in imo state. the last time I checked state are still in control of our land not the federal government. so, if we fail to develop what we are in control of , should we start to blame the person who is not in control.
South West bitumen company was a company established by south western Governor for exploitation of bitumen what stopped us the South Eastern governors from utilizing our gas , coal etc. human resources . there's nothing like marginalization of Igbo but Igbo elites fleecing in our common wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Airlord2030: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

the most useless tribe ever
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Gajagojo: 11:00am On Apr 17, 2023
banku:
How can someone just wake up from slumber and claim East was the fastest growing in the world

You got it from your dream or what? Ask those older than you, they ran out of the East to go into Cocoa farms as laborers.

Many ran out to get free Education in the West.

Most of the Industrial Estates were in the West anyway. The only University was in the West.

Up till today Easterners are still trooping out in thousands daily to the West overrunning every social and economic facilities.

Una nor dey taya.

It is possible for any economy to be "fastest growing"

it depends on the definition and how long you are measuring.

Are you are measuring for a period of 1 week ,month ,year or 10 years .

A sperm cell is fertilized in its mother's womb and the zygote is microscopic. It CANNOT be seen with the naked eye. 9 months later it is 3 kilos . That rate of growth will not be seen it its life again
So fast rates of growth will always be seen when starting from nothing

However for the claim to be credible we need data . What ,for example,was the reference period and what was the rate of growth in the other regions . It is not possible that if such measurements were taken they ignored other regions.
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Gajagojo: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2023
THERE WAS NOTHING LIKE SOUTH EAST in
The 50s and 60s
There was Eastern Region today's
Rivers,Bayelsa,Cross River,Akwa Ibom,Imo,Anambra,Abia,,Ebonyi,Enugu
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Kwave4(m): 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

if Lagos is removed
So you Yorubas will have nothing to live for?
Lagos this Lagos that…..
Somebody who haven’t been to the Lagos may think it’s a sort of California

1 Like

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by aariwa(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
Odogwuzack:

The reason why you guys are always so hateful is because you see everything (especially against the Yorubas) as competition and you feel extremely bitter whenever you are defeated as always.
where did I mention Yoruba in what I wrote? Try and learn how to read. I don’t know the reason for your failure and bitterness in life. Shift that energy to hardwork and better your life
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Proudlyomonna: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2023
Guestlander:

Olodo omnna who said a communist country couldn't have the resources to support another country militarily? Did Cuba not assist the MPLA in Angola and did that make Cuba an economic power?
Is that even the point of this discussion? Another half baked Ignoramus.

Such a daft proud senseless small boy who is destroying his future by joining animals here in their tribal shenanigans.
What is the essence of this thread?
Is it to talk about economical structure??
A daft Tribally bigoted animal like you can never make sense,so just rest with your daft tribally bigoted submission.
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Christistruth03: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kwave4:
if Lagos is removed
So you Yorubas will have nothing to live for?
Lagos this Lagos that…..
Somebody who haven’t been to the Lagos may think it’s a sort of California

Is that why your folks were still fleeing there even this morning

1 Like

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by JOemmy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
okeysoninv:
you don't claim people who doesn't want to belong to you. let's learn that and not to behave like hausa - fulani

Igbos can and will never claim any ethnic group in nigeria the igbos we all know are very proud and industrious people who are capable of achieving anything on their own they don't have such history of wiping out other smaller ethnic groups who shares border with them in other take over their ancestral lands like the way fulanis usually does to non fulanis in the north.
All what am saying is that there's absolutely nothing like south south in geography a neutral foreigner will still see most states in the so called south south as south east when he looks at the current nigerian map. You are free to name urself whatever name u choose but not south south that is not universally accepted in geography or even in the dictionary no igbo man will ever force any non igbo speaking community into the igbo nation get this very clear here.
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by okeysoninv: 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2023
JOemmy:

Igbos can and will never claim any ethnic group in nigeria the igbos we all know are very proud and industrious people who are capable of achieving anything on their own they don't have such history of wiping out other smaller ethnic groups who shares border with them in other take over their ancestral lands like the way fulanis usually does to non fulanis in the north.
All what am saying is that there's absolutely nothing like south south in geography a neutral foreigner will still see most states in the so called south south as south east when he looks at the current nigerian map. You are free to name urself whatever name u choose but not south south that is not universally accepted in geography or even in the dictionary no igbo man will ever force any non igbo speaking community into the igbo nation get this very clear here.
is people that made the geography , anyone can choose what he want , so I don't see any problem with that. I can choose to call my state south east east , so far its identify and acceptable by all no wahala.
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Kwave4(m): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

Is that why your folks were still fleeing there even this morning
it’s one Nigeria now
Is it not,Igbo people will go whenever they want,if you don’t want that,tou can spearhead the septa ration and they should split the country
Now let’s talk about your hometown
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Christistruth03: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
Kwave4:
it’s one Nigeria now
Is it not,Igbo people will go whenever they want,if you don’t want that,tou can spearhead the septa ration and they should split the country
Now let’s talk about your hometown

Excuse me

It is one Nigeria and you can go anywhere only as long as you behave yourself wherever you go

Nobody can go and sleep on your bed in your bedroom because it is one Nigeria not even your Landlord

Everybody’s Person Space is still respected including yours

1 Like

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by JOemmy(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
okeysoninv:
is people that made the geography , anyone can choose what he want , so I don't see any problem with that. I can choose to call my state south east east , so far its identify and acceptable by all no wahala.

It's alright but still take away that thought or propaganda from ur mind that igbos want to or is forcing u people into the igbo nation or biafra. Alex ekweme an igbo man was the one that spear headed the creation of the current six geo political zones in nigeria during the time of abacha if igbos really have such plans he won't have fought for such to come to reality.
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Gajagojo: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
JOemmy:

It's alright but still take away that thought or propaganda from ur mind that igbos want to or is forcing u people into the igbo nation or biafra. Alex ekweme an igbo man was the one that spear headed the creation of the current six geo political zones in nigeria during the time of abacha if igbos really have such plans he won't have fought for such to come to reality.
What reality
Where is geopolitical zones gazetted?
It has no legal or constitutional basis.

1 Like

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by JOemmy(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

What reality
Where is geopolitical zones gazetted?
It has no legal or constitutional basis.

Yes it's not yet gazetted but the federal govt and political parties have been using it to reflect federal character in the 1999 constitution and might be further used in the restructuring of nigeria in the future.
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Fortruth: 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2023
ednut1:
provide source. Eastern economy that included present day south south 🤣. Harvard and co only know /knew Nigeria. Nothing like regions to them

So what.

They are the same people my Nigg….

Just Like Yoruba of Naija and Yoruba of Benin/Togo.

Europeans that have tribal nations till date put multiple tribes in Africa that have nothing in common together to exploit them….

1 Like

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Gajagojo: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
JOemmy:

Yes it's not yet gazetted but the federal govt and political parties have been using it to reflect federal character in the 1999 constitution and might be further used in the restructuring of nigeria in the future.
So stop calling it a reality.
It has no meaning what has Kwara got to do with Taraba?
What has Edo got to do with Akwa Ibom
It is another oppressive scheme for convenience of majority groups
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by Kwave4(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

Excuse me

It is one Nigeria and you can go anywhere only as long as you behave yourself wherever you go

Nobody can go and sleep on your bed in your bedroom because it is one Nigeria not even your Landlord

Everybody’s Person Space is still respected including yours
Cry me a river bobo
If the country tire una,you know what to do
But as far as it’s still one Nigeria,eat your complains
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by ednut1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
Fortruth:

So what.

They are the same people my Nigg….

Just Like Yoruba of Naija and Yoruba of Benin/Togo.

Europeans that have tribal nations till date put multiple tribes in Africa that have nothing in common together to exploit them….

ijaw, akwa cross, okrika , itsekeri. Urobho etc are not same people with igbos. Yorubas are not the only tribe in Benin/ Togo. Abeg rest
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by okeysoninv: 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
JOemmy:

For your mind , I'm not an igbo man because I didn't agree with you.
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by IjawTukpa: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2023
ednut1:
ijaw, akwa cross, okrika , itsekeri. Urobho etc are not same people with igbos. Yorubas are not the only tribe in Benin/ Togo. Abeg rest
Okrika is an Ijaw clan, mugu
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by IjawTukpa: 9:25am On Apr 18, 2023
Chimok:
Between 1954 and 1964, Eastern economy was described as the fastest growing and industrializing economy in the world by Harvard reviews, faster than China, Singapore and Asian Tigers..
all because our crude oil......we are not giving you crude oil again......to hell with biafra
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by IjawTukpa: 9:31am On Apr 18, 2023
JOemmy:

East is east can you show me south south in geography?
we are not but south
Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by IjawTukpa: 9:37am On Apr 18, 2023
JOemmy:

East is east can you show me south south in geography?
now, how has this your empty claim and wasteful claims on internet change the reality that we ss are now part of the east?

You don't just waste data to claim wastefully on unrealistic internet, because it won't change anything in the reality that you wanting,,,,but instead come to real life and claim.....

by now, I expect you ibo youths to troop into ss and start enforcing east on us,,then we can start identifying with the east just as you wanting..

1 Like

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by IjawTukpa: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2023
kettykin:

Policy of marginalization since the war ended. I read about one of such policies where a senior military officer from the north ordered that the only main frame computer located in the east be relocated to kaduna, such arrant nonsense took place after the Civil war.

In another instance, Nigeria planned a steel plant with steel rolling mills in the 70s , steel plant was built in ajaokuta, steel rolling mills in katsina,Jos, oshogbo and aladja in warri, non was deemed fut for the eastern part of the country. Today all the steel mills and complexes are dead and forgotten.

Such were the one Nigeria government policies that turned the Giant of Africa to the smallest dwarf in the world.

As I write this, the central bank of Nigeria is giving out foreign exchange to be to import palm oil into a palm oil producing country, in some instance people got import rebates and import quota
so up till now, you people cannot even build 5 naira economy in your 5 plots of land? you people that claim to be have monopoly of economy can't even raise even little dust of economy after 50 something years the war has past..

we all know it was our crude that was holding the doom east,,,,,,reason you people disturbing us with biafra, so our crude oil can rebuild the east......but sorry, Ijaw republic

1 Like

Re: Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World by IjawTukpa: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2023
APCHaram:

At the expense of the minority provinces abd western Cameroon.

We all know how Zik gave his Igbo minions the order to ensure the non Igbo provinces never got to leave and have their own region and how Zik said it will see to the defunct yeast become the poorest if the minority peoples were to leave.

Parasites

you illiterate grass eating cow,,,,is there no other way to describe the people other than minority?
next time don't talk on our favour again if you will not address us with Ijaws, or South south or even niger delta.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can You Not Love PETER OBI? - Photos / Eluu P Don Go Back To He Normal Hustle / We Will Lockdown Biafraland If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released In The Next Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.