Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Adoption Process - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adoption Process (809 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2023
Does anyone here know the adoption process or where to do it in Lagos? My wife is trying to adopt a family member.

1 Like

Re: Adoption Process by sirrotex: 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
How old is the family member?
Re: Adoption Process by kemtol(f): 3:10pm On May 16, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
Does anyone here know the adoption process or where to do it in Lagos? My wife is trying to adopt a family member.

Pls sir did u get information on this. I'm having same challenge right now and don't know how to start
Re: Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 3:32pm On May 16, 2023
kemtol:

Pls sir did u get information on this. I'm having same challenge right now and don't know how to start

No, but someone told my wife to go Alausa secretariat in Ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 3:33pm On May 16, 2023
sirrotex:
How old is the family member?

8 years old
Re: Adoption Process by sirrotex: 7:00pm On May 16, 2023
You don't adopt family members, the best you can do is to be a legal guardian
Ashirioluwa:

8 years old
Re: Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 7:43pm On May 16, 2023
sirrotex:
You don't adopt family members, the best you can do is to be a legal guardian

That’s not true.
Re: Adoption Process by sirrotex: 6:54pm On May 18, 2023
Please tell us what is true
Ashirioluwa:

That’s not true.
Re: Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 12:19am On May 19, 2023
sirrotex:
Please tell us what is true

We have obtained the necessary information about adopting a family member who is still a minor.

The biological parent of the child, if they are alive, must attend an interview and counseling at the Ministry of Youth, Alausa.

The adopter must attend counseling sessions too.

The process involves a lot of interviews and counseling sessions, which are mandatory.

Also, the adopter needs to pay the necessary fee.

1 Like

Re: Adoption Process by koreanlord: 10:13am On May 19, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

We have obtained the necessary information about adopting a family member who is still a minor.

The biological parent of the child, if they are alive, must attend an interview and counseling at the Ministry of Youth, Alausa.

The process involves a lot of interviews and counseling sessions, which are mandatory.

what if the adopter lives out of Nigeria? Does he have to travel home to attend the interview sessions?
Re: Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 11:14am On May 19, 2023
koreanlord:
what if the adopter lives out of Nigeria? Does he have to travel home to attend the interview sessions?

I am having same issue. They said the interview and counseling sessions are mandatory.
Re: Adoption Process by koreanlord: 11:28am On May 19, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

I am having same issue. They said the interview and counseling sessions are mandatory.
chai...na wa ooo...please keep us updated on the outcome sir
Re: Adoption Process by sirrotex: 12:23pm On May 19, 2023
The attached documents show the normal procedure for adoption. My point is the adoption of a family member. Just so that you know, adoption extinguishes all parental rights and obligations, this means that the biological parents no longer have any dealings whatsoever with the child adopted. Is this your intention?
Ashirioluwa:

Re: Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 1:06pm On May 19, 2023
sirrotex:
The attached documents show the normal procedure for adoption. My point is the adoption of a family member. Just so that you know, adoption extinguishes all parental rights and obligations, this means that the biological parents no longer have any dealings whatsoever with the child adopted. Is this your intention?

I know what adoption is. I attached the documents to let you know that I have the necessary information.
Re: Adoption Process by sirrotex: 2:42pm On May 19, 2023
I still maintain my position that the booklet you attached is for general adoption from an orphanage or home. Bullet point 8 gives a hint
Ashirioluwa:

I know what adoption is. I attached the documents to let you know that I have the necessary information.

Re: Adoption Process by Ashirioluwa: 4:49pm On May 19, 2023
sirrotex:
I still maintain my position that the booklet you attached is for general adoption from an orphanage or home. Bullet point 8 gives a hint

As I mentioned previously, I am fully informed about adopting a family member who is a minor.

The child's parent was the one who did the running around to get the necessary information concerning adoption. They are both aware that their parental rights will be terminated when the adoption is finalized.

Coming home to attend the required interview and counseling sessions is the main problem because they claimed it would be like 3 to 5 interviews.
Re: Adoption Process by sirrotex: 6:47pm On May 19, 2023
Very well then. Best wishes
Ashirioluwa:

As I mentioned previously, I am fully informed about adopting a family member who is a minor.

The child's parent was the one who did the running around to get the necessary information concerning adoption. They are both aware that their parental rights will be terminated when the adoption is finalized.

Coming home to attend the required interview and counseling sessions is the main problem because they claimed it would be like 3 to 5 interviews.
Re: Adoption Process by kemtol(f): 8:58pm On May 20, 2023
Thanks sir.

quote author=Ashirioluwa post=123171245]

No, but someone told my wife to go Alausa secretariat in Ikeja. [/quote]

(1) (Reply)

How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! / Duration For Student Visa To Uk / African Air Crash Kills 75; 15 Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.